BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-03-2012, 07:22 PM   #23
tibra1
Banned
No_Country
75
Rep
6,775
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 ZCP M3 - 2007 335i crashd
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NYC

iTrader: (4)

Bend back aluminum?
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2012, 10:58 PM   #24
System Of A...
Captain
System Of A...'s Avatar
Armenia
22
Rep
863
Posts

 
Drives: e93 M3
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: 818

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 BMW e93 M3  [3.83]
I got it fixed for $50. Looks like brand new. Rides like brand new. Took 2 hours. Im pretty happy :S idk. Never going on Los Feliz again.

Couldn't resist a quick fix

Last edited by System Of A...; 07-04-2012 at 12:37 AM.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2012, 09:42 AM   #25
XR_SIX
Bading-dong!
XR_SIX's Avatar
United_States
3
Rep
268
Posts

 
Drives: '11.5 E93 M3 AW, '09 R6
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Eagle rock, Ca

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011.5 E93 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by System Of A...
I got it fixed for $50. Looks like brand new. Rides like brand new. Took 2 hours. Im pretty happy :S idk. Never going on Los Feliz again.

Couldn't resist a quick fix
nice!
If u dont mind me asking Where did you get it repaired? Im looking for a good wheel repair shop just in case I bend any of my wheels.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2012, 11:09 AM   #26
Moxie
Lieutenant Colonel
Moxie's Avatar
Germany
25
Rep
1,860
Posts

 
Drives: AW 328d Touring/SG 335d
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Stuttgart

iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by System Of A... View Post
I got it fixed for $50. Looks like brand new. Rides like brand new. Took 2 hours. Im pretty happy :S idk. Never going on Los Feliz again.

Couldn't resist a quick fix
Decent price - glad you found a low cost solution
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2012, 02:27 PM   #27
System Of A...
Captain
System Of A...'s Avatar
Armenia
22
Rep
863
Posts

 
Drives: e93 M3
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: 818

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 BMW e93 M3  [3.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by XR_SIX View Post
nice!
If u dont mind me asking Where did you get it repaired? Im looking for a good wheel repair shop just in case I bend any of my wheels.
http://losangeles.citysearch.com/pro...rt_tuning.html

Rego Sport Tuning on Glendale blvd in Glendale.

Very happy about this place. But the price they charge depends on how bad the damage is. They said from 50-150 is average.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2012, 06:46 PM   #28
XR_SIX
Bading-dong!
XR_SIX's Avatar
United_States
3
Rep
268
Posts

 
Drives: '11.5 E93 M3 AW, '09 R6
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Eagle rock, Ca

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011.5 E93 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by System Of A...
Quote:
Originally Posted by XR_SIX View Post
nice!
If u dont mind me asking Where did you get it repaired? Im looking for a good wheel repair shop just in case I bend any of my wheels.
http://losangeles.citysearch.com/pro...rt_tuning.html

Rego Sport Tuning on Glendale blvd in Glendale.

Very happy about this place. But the price they charge depends on how bad the damage is. They said from 50-150 is average.
Thanks!
I guess I'm going to keep looking..
My experience during my last visit to the shop wasn't that great.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2012, 07:06 PM   #29
dvpouldar26
Major
dvpouldar26's Avatar
25
Rep
1,495
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 e92 328i, Porsche 987.1
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Beverly Hills, CA

iTrader: (4)

With cheaper cast wheels like this, it is a better idea to replace the rim, rather than repairing the wheel. If you do want to repair the heel, heating and hammering the wheel is not the correct way. A better option is to get it cold rolled, even though it it a more costly option, it won't weaken the wheel as heating and hammering would. Even after this, it is still a better option to buy a new rim. I went through someone similar with some old LM reps I had. Most places heat and hammer out the wheel, but only a few shops are capable of doing cold rolling. Contact American Racing for cold rolling repair services.
__________________
E92 328i
Jet Black / Gloss Black Grilles / 8000k D1S low beam / 6000k HID fogs / GP Thunder 8500k angels & cornering bulbs / black reflectors / gloss black vinyled window trim / tints / smoked rear turn signals / black roundels / AC Schnitzer roof spoiler / VRS style decklid spoiler / Matte black Stripes / Rear fogs / matte mirrors / 19" LM reps / APR lip
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2012, 08:35 PM   #30
System Of A...
Captain
System Of A...'s Avatar
Armenia
22
Rep
863
Posts

 
Drives: e93 M3
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: 818

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 BMW e93 M3  [3.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvpouldar26 View Post
With cheaper cast wheels like this, it is a better idea to replace the rim, rather than repairing the wheel. If you do want to repair the heel, heating and hammering the wheel is not the correct way. A better option is to get it cold rolled, even though it it a more costly option, it won't weaken the wheel as heating and hammering would. Even after this, it is still a better option to buy a new rim. I went through someone similar with some old LM reps I had. Most places heat and hammer out the wheel, but only a few shops are capable of doing cold rolling. Contact American Racing for cold rolling repair services.
Thank you for the advice. I'm a sucker for fast solutions and quick results so I just did this. Hope I don't regret it later.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:47 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST