BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - California
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-25-2012, 09:43 PM   #10693
creaminz
Major General
 
creaminz's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 LCI
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: So. Cal

Posts: 7,702
iTrader: (33)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amg135i View Post
whooop whooop! Im stoked. I want to see what color you choose for it
Sorry to disappoint but I'm keeping the original Red But other parts...you will like!~
creaminz is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-25-2012, 10:03 PM   #10694
M_BYEEE
Brigadier General
 
M_BYEEE's Avatar
 
Drives: Space Gray M3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Camarillo, CA

Posts: 3,192
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
I am upset at you

You have failed me.

lol why is that my friend???
__________________
M_BYEEE is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-25-2012, 10:30 PM   #10695
Tony135
Major
 
Tony135's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 BMW 135i
Join Date: May 2011
Location: SoCal

Posts: 1,281
iTrader: (0)

Holy Adam words of confucianism.
Tony135 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-25-2012, 10:35 PM   #10696
M_BYEEE
Brigadier General
 
M_BYEEE's Avatar
 
Drives: Space Gray M3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Camarillo, CA

Posts: 3,192
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony135 View Post
Holy Adam words of confucianism.
I am 1/4 Chinese
__________________
M_BYEEE is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-25-2012, 10:37 PM   #10697
Tony135
Major
 
Tony135's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 BMW 135i
Join Date: May 2011
Location: SoCal

Posts: 1,281
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amg135i View Post
I am 1/4 Chinese
Chinese food sounds good. Wanna bring me some? I'm too lazy to leave the compound.
Tony135 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-25-2012, 10:47 PM   #10698
M_BYEEE
Brigadier General
 
M_BYEEE's Avatar
 
Drives: Space Gray M3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Camarillo, CA

Posts: 3,192
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony135 View Post
Chinese food sounds good. Wanna bring me some? I'm too lazy to leave the compound.
nope! hit up G he's probably down for some rice haha
__________________
M_BYEEE is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-26-2012, 12:02 PM   #10699
creaminz
Major General
 
creaminz's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 LCI
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: So. Cal

Posts: 7,702
iTrader: (33)

Here is my number~~ call me maybe~~
creaminz is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-26-2012, 12:24 PM   #10700
M_BYEEE
Brigadier General
 
M_BYEEE's Avatar
 
Drives: Space Gray M3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Camarillo, CA

Posts: 3,192
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by creaminz View Post
Here is my number~~ call me maybe~~
__________________
M_BYEEE is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-26-2012, 01:51 PM   #10701
creaminz
Major General
 
creaminz's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 LCI
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: So. Cal

Posts: 7,702
iTrader: (33)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amg135i View Post
hope everyone have a great day...
creaminz is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-26-2012, 01:59 PM   #10702
E90///M3`
Major General
 
Drives: 2008 E90M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Daly City -4- Work///Camarillo is Home

Posts: 5,278
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW E90 M3  [3.80]
Quote:
Originally Posted by amg135i View Post
^^you just answered Jamie's question. This thread is dead because you guys turned it into a shit show by continuously bagging on people. You still are bringing up and issue that took place over 6 months ago.

I'm not choosing sides and I'm not saying what's right or wrong because I'm not confrontational nor do I wish to burn bridges. But was it really that big of a deal to you guys that it still pains you to this day? I'm trying to be the voice of reason here. Think about it from someone's view other than your own.

This thread/group started out as a cool way for us to talk with locals and organize meets where we can talk about our common interest. And recently all you guys have used it for is to take jabs at someone's character and now someone's family I know you guys would not be happy if people were bringing your family into something. This is supposed to be a positive thing, if you can't deal with one part for the greater good than stick to this rule. If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say it. You dont have an obligation to post in this thread, just keep it to yourself.

Be civil, enjoy peoples company and let's talk about BMWs and cars for once! Lol

Like I said there is no reason to present a counter argument as I am not arguing and I'm not going to respond. I'm simply just offering a different way of looking at a situation.
first and foremost, i'm not arguing back but when someone assumes something about me i have to defend myself BECAUSE... i wasn't talking about any specific event YOU might know of... rather than assuming shiet maybe you should've asked what i was talking about. not that i would've told you since it was a PRIVATE CONVERSATION between a few of us on here that don't post as often anymore. so yeah, it had nothing to do with anything you were possibly thinking about.

as for that specific situation you think is making me butthurt for whatever reason... it has nothing to do with that. i told you all i haven't come to meets cause of school. excuse meeeee for concentrating on ME. if i'm really needed there or here to comment then someone should please tell me a way to get out to meets when i have class from 6pm to 11pm on Wednesday nights last term and this term i have class at 630am on Thursdays. Not possible for me personally.

and as for talking about someone's family... did i say something negative? i said someone dad came by my house and said something about his kids car. i laid out the facts as it happened. please point out where i said ANYTHING negative about someone family if you don't mind. cause i didn't. you know why? cause just like you said, i wouldn't like if someone talked about my family.

i apologize if you took it that way Adam but IN SHORT, here are the facts:
1 - i don't post often cause of school
2 - i can't come to meets due to scheduling
3 - there are other reasons i do not come out to meets but i don't need to specifically say why
4 - i never said anything negative about someone family. i presented a situation that happened THAT MORNING. nothing more.

i'm not trying to be confrontational... i appreciate a good debate and healthy conversation. unfortunately in the past, IN THIS THREAD, there has been less of a chance to have these conversations due to the fact that some people can't take constructive criticism.

and as a side note: as long as i've been on forums... chat threads were meant to shoot the shiet with friends that come out to meets as well as invite other to come out to meets. if anyone got butthurt about how we handled the chat thread in the beginning, then i'll throw it out there and say i apologize if you felt unwelcome.

if you choose not to reply, then so be it. but again, i'll say this: when you start accusing someone or assuming something of someone... they will likely reply even if you ask them not to just to set the record straight.

__________________
- Jason P
:Have: 08 E90M3, Varis VRS Front Lip, LS3, ESS Supercharger, Arqray Exhaust, Neez Wheels
:Want: VRS Carbon GT Wing & Cooling Bonnet, LCI Taillights
:Videos: EnvyRidesTV, GPR 1, GPR 2, GPR 3, ///MFEST
E90///M3` is offline   Philippines
0
Reply With Quote
      06-26-2012, 03:00 PM   #10703
Definitive
definitivecars.com
 
Definitive's Avatar
 
Drives: Elsa - 2015 F80 M3 - YMB/SS
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: So Cal

Posts: 3,774
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to Definitive Send a message via MSN to Definitive
Thought you were talking shit about my family for a second!

I do agree with Jason about his post not talking shit about anyone. And I do agree, that outside of timing, (I have had something every friking wed the past few months) there is that other lingering reason I don't enjoy the meets anymore.

These threads and meets are all about having a good time and not feeling uncomfortable. Between the guys with the jacked up teeth and other shit going down, I started feeling uncomfortable.

So maybe we can all get back to having fun and enjoying these things.

D
__________________
Definitive is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-26-2012, 04:33 PM   #10704
E90///M3`
Major General
 
Drives: 2008 E90M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Daly City -4- Work///Camarillo is Home

Posts: 5,278
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW E90 M3  [3.80]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Definitive View Post
Thought you were talking shit about my family for a second!

I do agree with Jason about his post not talking shit about anyone. And I do agree, that outside of timing, (I have had something every friking wed the past few months) there is that other lingering reason I don't enjoy the meets anymore.

These threads and meets are all about having a good time and not feeling uncomfortable. Between the guys with the jacked up teeth and other shit going down, I started feeling uncomfortable.

So maybe we can all get back to having fun and enjoying these things.

D
i agree... the key is to have open minds, patience and being able to take things with a grain of salt cause we're not always going to agree nor are we always going to be able to hang out at times but the key is to TRY and do it with a sense of control.

some of us are in our late 20s, 30s and even a few in their 40s... we're more of the old guy likes to chill, shoot the shit once in awhile so in all honesty we may pass judgement about a few of the younger guys but not to the point that it is the sole reason we can't make it out or choose not to come out.
__________________
- Jason P
:Have: 08 E90M3, Varis VRS Front Lip, LS3, ESS Supercharger, Arqray Exhaust, Neez Wheels
:Want: VRS Carbon GT Wing & Cooling Bonnet, LCI Taillights
:Videos: EnvyRidesTV, GPR 1, GPR 2, GPR 3, ///MFEST
E90///M3` is offline   Philippines
0
Reply With Quote
      06-26-2012, 05:26 PM   #10705
persian54
Lieutenant General
 
persian54's Avatar
 
Drives: SL550. Prev: E93 M3/335i/Z435i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal

Posts: 15,797
iTrader: (291)

I say we should just get some KBBQ
persian54 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-26-2012, 06:05 PM   #10706
E90///M3`
Major General
 
Drives: 2008 E90M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Daly City -4- Work///Camarillo is Home

Posts: 5,278
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW E90 M3  [3.80]
Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
I say we should just get some KBBQ
depends on the day but you know how i feel about KBBQ. now answer my text.
__________________
- Jason P
:Have: 08 E90M3, Varis VRS Front Lip, LS3, ESS Supercharger, Arqray Exhaust, Neez Wheels
:Want: VRS Carbon GT Wing & Cooling Bonnet, LCI Taillights
:Videos: EnvyRidesTV, GPR 1, GPR 2, GPR 3, ///MFEST
E90///M3` is offline   Philippines
0
Reply With Quote
      06-26-2012, 06:24 PM   #10707
M_BYEEE
Brigadier General
 
M_BYEEE's Avatar
 
Drives: Space Gray M3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Camarillo, CA

Posts: 3,192
iTrader: (6)

In for KBBQ sooo hungry!
__________________
M_BYEEE is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-26-2012, 06:52 PM   #10708
jeskaM3
Second Lieutenant
 
jeskaM3's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3 Coupe ('01)
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Port Hueneme, CA

Posts: 251
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2001 M3  [5.00]
Send a message via AIM to jeskaM3 Send a message via MSN to jeskaM3
Honestly I feel like it's less about the cars and more about the people or how much they spend. I like to do as much work on my own car as possible, and I feel like I don't belong in a group where no one touches their own cars except to drive them. I was hoping to learn more about driving, taking care of my car, and what mods improve the car, not just what looks good on the outside. There is some of that, but it seems like more of an excuse for people to get together and talk shit about everyone who doesn't have the same car or doesn't spend the same amount of money on their car.

I'd love a more chill, hang out and shoot the shit, and do more cruises type thing. That's why I hopped on the LA cruise up to SB. It wasn't much of a lengthy cruise for me, but it was a fun experience anyways.

It seems like other meets find a way to make it happen because they have people who are truly into it. I know people from here go to LA and other meets because those people meet frequently, and they rarely cancel. There doesn't seem to be the dedication in the 805 to keep a weekly meet going, especially during the middle of the week.

I hate waking up early on weekends, but I'd get up early for a Cars and Coffee event. I was going to try to go to the Irvine meet because it looks like there's a lot of participation and good variety of cars. I think keeping this meet exclusive to Bimmers is what's killing it off, along with the scheduling.

Just my two cents. Also, being the only girl, I feel like it's automatically exclusive because something like Tits n Turbo is really not very appealing.
jeskaM3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-26-2012, 09:13 PM   #10709
persian54
Lieutenant General
 
persian54's Avatar
 
Drives: SL550. Prev: E93 M3/335i/Z435i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal

Posts: 15,797
iTrader: (291)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeskaM3 View Post
I like to do as much work on my own car as possible, and I feel like I don't belong in a group where no one touches their own cars except to drive them.
Some of us aren't good enough with our hands to be able to work on our own car and/or don't want to risk damaging our car based on our own ignorance.
And those that can work on their car can sometimes not afford the necessary tools.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeskaM3 View Post
Tits n Turbo is really not very appealing.
lol


I'm getting KBBQ tonight if anyone wants to join. Going to Ktown, Moo Dae Po.
persian54 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-26-2012, 11:23 PM   #10710
Definitive
definitivecars.com
 
Definitive's Avatar
 
Drives: Elsa - 2015 F80 M3 - YMB/SS
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: So Cal

Posts: 3,774
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to Definitive Send a message via MSN to Definitive
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeskaM3 View Post
It seems like other meets find a way to make it happen because they have people who are truly into it. I know people from here go to LA and other meets because those people meet frequently, and they rarely cancel. There doesn't seem to be the dedication in the 805 to keep a weekly meet going, especially during the middle of the week.
Not sure about this comment as we had a weekly meet every wed for just about a year the not once did no one show up. So I think its something else that happened.

Not going to get into what, cause the people who know know, and the people who dont, well dont...

D
__________________
Definitive is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-27-2012, 11:39 AM   #10711
Bowser330
Captain
 
Drives: F30 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Socal

Posts: 780
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeskaM3 View Post
Honestly I feel like it's less about the cars and more about the people or how much they spend. I like to do as much work on my own car as possible, and I feel like I don't belong in a group where no one touches their own cars except to drive them. I was hoping to learn more about driving, taking care of my car, and what mods improve the car, not just what looks good on the outside. There is some of that, but it seems like more of an excuse for people to get together and talk shit about everyone who doesn't have the same car or doesn't spend the same amount of money on their car.
Sure it's about the people, any sort of club wont last if the members don't get along or are not comfortable with each other...(+1) But that shouldn't take away from how much I love cars...

...and I disagree that its about how much money is being spent. Some are blessed to have more than others, and what they decide to do with it is their business, but I never felt like anyone was throwing it in my face in a negative way every Wednesday...did you really?

Come on, isn't that a bit presumptuous to say that the whole group doesn't do any work on their cars?
I agree with Sean's perspective, which is ironic that he is the one who posted that because he is someone who has no problem getting into a car and working on it. And I will add to his points by saying that as time goes on more and more people will start to work on them for many reasons, for one the initial investment will be cheaper so you risk ruining less, there are more DIYs out there so you have more instructions on how to do things yourself, etc., etc.That's not just our BMW group, its ALL groups.

What sort of work have you done on your car? I remember you posting about taking your car to service at STBMW so i'm curious as to what sort of work you are doing?

Sorry, I don't remember you asking about parts that would help your car perform, I have a a few friends with E46 M3s and I have done my own research, ask anyone, I am always open to sharing what I know, maybe too much, maybe I annoy people, I don't know...

Also, don't discount the effort and hard work that goes into modding the aesthetics...many aesthetic mods affect the performance of the car e.g. handling, downforce, etc. I know for a fact that several in our group have spent a good deal of time working on those mods.

Talk shit? Well this is what I will say to that....you can't care what everyone says about your car. People talk shit about my car, so what, I don't associate with those people. I know I didn't talk shit about anyone's car and I know many others didn't as well, so you are basically assuming against us all for the blame of few.

Last edited by Bowser330; 06-27-2012 at 11:45 AM.
Bowser330 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-27-2012, 12:33 PM   #10712
M_BYEEE
Brigadier General
 
M_BYEEE's Avatar
 
Drives: Space Gray M3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Camarillo, CA

Posts: 3,192
iTrader: (6)

Dear Jeskya,

As bowser said of course the group becomes more about the people, can you imagine if the people couldn't get together and have intriguing conversations? The cars brought us all together but it was the people that made CCC last for how long it did. Which was a little over a year that we met EVERY SINGLE WEDNESDAY! The reason we stopped meeting was mainly because of a lot of scheduling issues with some of the regulars. They got busy with work, had children and prioritized with their schooling.

That's outrageous that you would comment on the dedication of the 805 as a whole. How many times were you able to make it out to CCC? You probably were busy with work and schooling which we all accept as a completely valid reason. Just because you didn't regularly attend I would never comment on the fact that you are any less dedicated to the community than I am. After all this isnt a competition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeskaM3 View Post
....or how much they spend. I like to do as much work on my own car as possible, and I feel like I don't belong in a group where no one touches their own cars except to drive them. I was hoping to learn more about driving, taking care of my car, and what mods improve the car, not just what looks good on the outside. There is some of that, but it seems like more of an excuse for people to get together and talk shit about everyone who doesn't have the same car or doesn't spend the same amount of money on their car.
Do you know how much work everyone of us do on our own cars? Also, a reason the majority most of us don't do maintenance on our cars is because we all have existing warranties. Not putting you down at all because the e46 is a timeless beauty and an amazing car but this may be why maintenance was never really part of our topics. Why do the work if a BMW certified tech will do it for free, logical right?

Most of us are all DIYers as well, so saying that none of us touched our cars other than to drive them just makes you sound ignorant. I would say some of us are even experienced DIYers, who have done far more than the average BMW owner. For example, Definitive hand made a race splitter for his car! Who else do you know who designed, created and troubleshooted their own aero pieces for their car?

CCC started out as a BMW group because thats how we all met. We always tried to invite other cars. We always welcomed other cars as well. There is a lot of effort, work and commitment that goes into organizing a meet. If you would like to set up a meet with BMW, Merc, Porsche, exotics, Hondas, Nissans etc. be my guest. I will certainly be in attendance to support you.

My ex-gf used to come to almost every CCC with me, she never felt uncomfortable due to a gender barrier. The only problem she had was following the conversations on the cars but you know the cars so you wouldn't have had an issue. You also have to realize the car scene is inherently biased towards men. I wouldn't be offended if I went to a Make-up convention or something and I was the odd man out, literally, it would be expected. What's to stop you from finding more girl members to attend? We would welcome them with open arms but we can't help it if the gender ratio isn't exactly to your liking.

Remember this is the internet, take everything with a grain of salt.

~AMG
__________________

Last edited by M_BYEEE; 06-27-2012 at 01:00 PM.
M_BYEEE is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-27-2012, 01:00 PM   #10713
jeskaM3
Second Lieutenant
 
jeskaM3's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3 Coupe ('01)
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Port Hueneme, CA

Posts: 251
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2001 M3  [5.00]
Send a message via AIM to jeskaM3 Send a message via MSN to jeskaM3
I wasn't referring to any particular experience, just my impression as a whole, which is of course going to be from pretty much an outsider's view since I didn't go to many meets because (it would seem) by the time I started going, it looked like it was already dying off. And saying "the people who know know, and the people who don't, well don't" just adds to that feeling of being an outsider. I don't need to know everyone's beef, but when I show up at a meet and no one is there, it would have been nice to know that something was up and people just weren't feeling it.

And I didn't mean to imply to NO ONE does anything with their cars. Like I said, it's just a general impression.

I guess if it is more about the people, then that makes it even harder to jump in without knowing someone, especially when the meets have died off. I know scheduling is an issue, but aside from Adam, no one else has made an effort to work something else out. I just got a little kick out of seeing this thread revived by a comment about how it had died off and then no mention of a meet for this week.

It all stems from my frustration in trying to break into a scene that seems pretty exclusive. Online, I have tons of info from the forums and websites, and I've been able to get some ideas about mods, but I'd like to see them in person, and since the 805 lacks my version of the M (aside from the one AWESOMELY modified e46 that came out once), I've missed that. I really enjoyed the LA drive up to SB because there were a LOT of e46 cars, and I got a few ideas from the owners and saw the mods in person, how they looked and sounded, and it really inspired me.

I think I've been relying on other people to make opportunities available, and I'm just going to have to be more aggressive in seeking them out myself.
jeskaM3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-27-2012, 01:05 PM   #10714
M_BYEEE
Brigadier General
 
M_BYEEE's Avatar
 
Drives: Space Gray M3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Camarillo, CA

Posts: 3,192
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeskaM3 View Post
I wasn't referring to any particular experience, just my impression as a whole, which is of course going to be from pretty much an outsider's view since I didn't go to many meets because (it would seem) by the time I started going, it looked like it was already dying off. And saying "the people who know know, and the people who don't, well don't" just adds to that feeling of being an outsider. I don't need to know everyone's beef, but when I show up at a meet and no one is there, it would have been nice to know that something was up and people just weren't feeling it.

And I didn't mean to imply to NO ONE does anything with their cars. Like I said, it's just a general impression.

I guess if it is more about the people, then that makes it even harder to jump in without knowing someone, especially when the meets have died off. I know scheduling is an issue, but aside from Adam, no one else has made an effort to work something else out. I just got a little kick out of seeing this thread revived by a comment about how it had died off and then no mention of a meet for this week.

It all stems from my frustration in trying to break into a scene that seems pretty exclusive. Online, I have tons of info from the forums and websites, and I've been able to get some ideas about mods, but I'd like to see them in person, and since the 805 lacks my version of the M (aside from the one AWESOMELY modified e46 that came out once), I've missed that. I really enjoyed the LA drive up to SB because there were a LOT of e46 cars, and I got a few ideas from the owners and saw the mods in person, how they looked and sounded, and it really inspired me.

I think I've been relying on other people to make opportunities available, and I'm just going to have to be more aggressive in seeking them out myself.
If you want to see more e46 M3's the mfest crew has a very heavy bias towards e46's as well. The majority of mfest is e46 and e9x m3s. That would be a good place to start
__________________
M_BYEEE is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
1day riz will have an m3, i owe jason :d, james loves nails, jamie <3s octomom, jason wears lizard shoes!, persian hates women, riz gives out handjobs, riz has sulfur ass, riz is happy with dps, wes = megakooni, wes is too flashy, yousif da traitor

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:00 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST