BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-19-2012, 01:29 AM   #1
kotik
Captain
kotik's Avatar
19
Rep
630
Posts

 
Drives: F80 aw 6spd
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Monterey, CA

iTrader: (0)

what cars can I beat with a SC?

Silly question I know, but I am interested... I recently got ESS 575 kit, and I also have HFC and xpipe, which "should" put me at around 600hp... If that is so, I "should" be the king of the autobahn (i'm stationed in germany).

What kind of cars should I not try and mess with? (exclude modded GTR's).
Are modded SRT8's a threat? Modded C63? Old modded GTR's? 600cc bikes?

I went to nring couple of weekends ago, and did manage to pass gt3rs, although I don't think he was going 100%.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2012, 01:42 AM   #2
Endless619
DHS
Endless619's Avatar
Spain
54
Rep
3,930
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 Range Rover Black Edition
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Disneyland

iTrader: (14)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kotik View Post
Silly question I know, but I am interested... I recently got ESS 575 kit, and I also have HFC and xpipe, which "should" put me at around 600hp... If that is so, I "should" be the king of the autobahn (i'm stationed in germany).

What kind of cars should I not try and mess with? (exclude modded GTR's).
Are modded SRT8's a threat? Modded C63? Old modded GTR's? 600cc bikes?

I went to nring couple of weekends ago, and did manage to pass gt3rs, although I don't think he was going 100%.
Spam?

You are nowhere close to being the "king" of the autobahn, even going back 10 years. I remember a 60 minute special and the camera crew was in Ferrari 360 Modena and in the faster lane and I remember the crew said check out whats coming up behind us. HIDs bouncing and a crazy modified Porsche Carrera GT flew by going 150 mph+. The guy driving the Ferrari said the Porsche owner had over 700 hp and that was 10+ years ago. lol Just saying.

I would say you have dozens of cars you wouldn't stand a chance against.

SRT8 Neon? WTF? lol
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2012, 05:19 AM   #3
kotik
Captain
kotik's Avatar
19
Rep
630
Posts

 
Drives: F80 aw 6spd
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Monterey, CA

iTrader: (0)

^ huh?

I had my car up to 337km/h (209mph speedo), and it get there quick (redlined 6th gear). I know there are cars out there that will do that, but very few. I'm sure a modded GTR a modded 997TT, and prob some other ones, but a few. So i'm looking for an array of strong cars that I prob shouldn't mess with.

SRT8 neon? never heard of those, I'm pretty sure neon's are srt 4 (8cyl vs 4cyl see). I know about charger/challneger SRT 8, and I know there are couple of them that are supercharged.

I have seen couple of modded silvia's, and old GTR's. I'm sure you can make an old GTR 1000hp (and to that extent you can prob get 1000hp out of a civic too). How about a lightly modded 997tt? Lightly modded gtr? I was watching a vid from moscow, and the guy had a 600 kit, said he is dead on with SLR mcLaren up to 330km/h.

I'm not saying i'm the fastest car in germany (by any means), but I think a SC'ed M3 can hold it's weight.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2012, 05:50 AM   #4
tibra1
Banned
No_Country
75
Rep
6,775
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 ZCP M3 - 2007 335i crashd
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NYC

iTrader: (4)

Appreciate 0
      06-19-2012, 05:57 AM   #5
Alpha///M
Scrappy Coco
Alpha///M's Avatar
United_States
6
Rep
356
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 M3 AW DCT ZCP ESS 625
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Long Island NY

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 BMW M3  [0.00]
How's the weather in Germany?
__________________
Alpha///M
ESS VT2 625- GTS DCT Tune- Full Challenge Exhaust- Mode Carbon- Other Stuff
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2012, 07:35 AM   #6
ProsDoc
Enlisted Member
United_States
0
Rep
32
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Chicago,IL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotik View Post
Silly question I know, but I am interested... I recently got ESS 575 kit, and I also have HFC and xpipe, which "should" put me at around 600hp... If that is so, I "should" be the king of the autobahn (i'm stationed in germany).

What kind of cars should I not try and mess with? (exclude modded GTR's).
Are modded SRT8's a threat? Modded C63? Old modded GTR's? 600cc bikes?

I went to nring couple of weekends ago, and did manage to pass gt3rs, although I don't think he was going 100%.
Looks like you might have a tough time keeping up with even a stock GTR with only the 575....

Appreciate 0
      06-19-2012, 08:28 AM   #7
Nine
Banned
29
Rep
1,925
Posts

 
Drives: Not ZCP, FML.
Join Date: May 2010
Location: DC, Miami, NYC

iTrader: (2)

Try not to mess with anyone, just drive. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2012, 09:11 AM   #8
ottoblotto
///M-Flight Bavaria
ottoblotto's Avatar
Germany
18
Rep
1,210
Posts

 
Drives: E90M3
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Im around

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2011.75 BMW M3 E90  [5.00]
2010 BMW X5  [0.00]
Did you get the SC done here???
__________________
"With great power comes great responsibility." -El-Superbeasto
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2012, 10:17 AM   #9
UnaBomber
Second Lieutenant
UnaBomber's Avatar
2
Rep
241
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 X5, 2010 GTR
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bluffton, SC

iTrader: (0)

this thread is lol
__________________
2010 Nissan GTR,TopSpeed Motorsports 4 Liter Alpha12
Motec, JRZs, HREs, Alcon SuperKit, Carbon Errything,etc
9.01@164 - 1357whp 1040tq Road Race Prepped Monster
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2012, 10:32 AM   #10
kotik
Captain
kotik's Avatar
19
Rep
630
Posts

 
Drives: F80 aw 6spd
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Monterey, CA

iTrader: (0)

To be honest the whole topic is a lol, so if u reading it then u bored as fuck, so was i when i posted. wtf were u looking to find in "m3 vs"? im looking for fudging speculations for shit and gigles. Dont want to speculate, u can go ahead and engage in ""335vsm3" thread. thank u for the input.

Hmm, id think that with around 600bhp it would be quite competative with gtr's(under 600hp). i did have a small run with a 997 turbo, and i start to pull hard at around 240km/h with 3 cars to 300, and prior to that its about equal(from around 130)
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2012, 10:57 AM   #11
Jaron Bell
First Lieutenant
Jaron Bell's Avatar
United_States
8
Rep
329
Posts

 
Drives: 10 M3, 09 335i, 08 Audi RS4
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Silverdale, WA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotik
Silly question I know, but I am interested... I recently got ESS 575 kit, and I also have HFC and xpipe, which "should" put me at around 600hp... If that is so, I "should" be the king of the autobahn (i'm stationed in germany).

What kind of cars should I not try and mess with? (exclude modded GTR's).
Are modded SRT8's a threat? Modded C63? Old modded GTR's? 600cc bikes?

I went to nring couple of weekends ago, and did manage to pass gt3rs, although I don't think he was going 100%.
Supercharged M3 is fast, speaking from experience. The V10 M5 stock will keep up with you.
__________________
G-Power/Hamann BMW M3, G-Power Supercharger SKII Club Sport, Eisenmann Race w/Challenge Race X-Pipe, Project Kicks Nero Chrome Lug Nuts, Hamann Body Kit, KW V3, Vorschlag Camber Plates, ARKYM Wheels, Escort Radar and Laser Jammers 9500ci
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2012, 12:52 PM   #12
Longboarder
Brigadier General
66
Rep
3,810
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 e92 M3
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Monarch Beach

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 997.2 Turbo S  [4.71]
2013 e92 M3  [4.55]
2013 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kotik View Post
To be honest the whole topic is a lol, so if u reading it then u bored as fuck, so was i when i posted. wtf were u looking to find in "m3 vs"? im looking for fudging speculations for shit and gigles. Dont want to speculate, u can go ahead and engage in ""335vsm3" thread. thank u for the input.

Hmm, id think that with around 600bhp it would be quite competative with gtr's(under 600hp). i did have a small run with a 997 turbo, and i start to pull hard at around 240km/h with 3 cars to 300, and prior to that its about equal(from around 130)
A lot of us participate in legal roll-on races at airstrips or racetracks and the competition is the tuned GTRs, 911T's and other exotics...so it's not a bad idea to see how the supercharged M's stack up.
__________________
Daily: 2013 e92 M3 DCT / ESS VT2 650 S/C / Akrapovic Evolution / StopTech BBK
Track/Airstrip: 2011 997.2 Turbo S PDK / 725 HP / BBi suspension build
Beater: 2013 X5 3.5sport
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT1...eoFBszPIK0gf9w
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2012, 01:03 PM   #13
Onurleft
Captain
Onurleft's Avatar
13
Rep
862
Posts

 
Drives: RPM
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Baton Rouge and Atlanta

iTrader: (0)

Be careful for

NEW AMG's
S63, E63, CLS 63, SL63
All of these cars are capable of 200mph de-limited and have no issues cruising more comfortably at 186mph than you
Porsche Turbo's - 997.2's (capable of over 200)
13' Shelby GT500, Z06, ZR1 (all can do 200mph+) and the general C6 LS3 can do 190mph stock.
Jaguar XKR and XKR-S, XFS (lightweight aluminum bodies and over 500hp, 300kph+ cars)

These are the general cars I can think of that'll give you a good run. As far as SRT cars there's really nothing there that'll have the stability and all out performance of a 200mph M3 until the new Viper is out and the same goes for any general tuner car unless highly modified. But, you never know what you can run into on the stret
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2012, 05:27 PM   #14
Endless619
DHS
Endless619's Avatar
Spain
54
Rep
3,930
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 Range Rover Black Edition
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Disneyland

iTrader: (14)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kotik View Post
^ huh?

I had my car up to 337km/h (209mph speedo), and it get there quick (redlined 6th gear). I know there are cars out there that will do that, but very few. I'm sure a modded GTR a modded 997TT, and prob some other ones, but a few. So i'm looking for an array of strong cars that I prob shouldn't mess with.

SRT8 neon? never heard of those, I'm pretty sure neon's are srt 4 (8cyl vs 4cyl see). I know about charger/challneger SRT 8, and I know there are couple of them that are supercharged.

I have seen couple of modded silvia's, and old GTR's. I'm sure you can make an old GTR 1000hp (and to that extent you can prob get 1000hp out of a civic too). How about a lightly modded 997tt? Lightly modded gtr? I was watching a vid from moscow, and the guy had a 600 kit, said he is dead on with SLR mcLaren up to 330km/h.

I'm not saying i'm the fastest car in germany (by any means), but I think a SC'ed M3 can hold it's weight.
I meant SRT4. lol Sorry about that and after being in HPF M3s, I usually compare BMWs with those beasts. Still think a supercharged M3 although is fast just so many faster cars out there.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2012, 06:18 PM   #15
wisesoul
Savoir Faire
wisesoul's Avatar
Philippines
27
Rep
1,685
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 BMW M5
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Los Angeles, Ca

iTrader: (0)

Don't mess with any of the new 63s with the M157 biturbo 5.5s in the CLS, E (wagon and sedan), CL or S class. Once chipped they get around 700 hp and 700 tq. I would not want to race those lol. Otherwise, you have yourself a comfortable autobahn rocket. Jeep SRT8s are tricky to race from a dig. They might get you until around 70-80 mph
__________________
Current: Alpine White F10 M5|H&R springs|12mm/10mm spacers|Eisenmann Race
Sold:Imola Yellow RS4-KW V3|MTM 10mm spacers|Hotchkis rear sway bar|APR Stage 1|Milltek Catless|RNS-E|Euro RS4 Flat bottom Steering Wheel
Sold:E46 323i
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2012, 10:47 PM   #16
radiantm3
Apex Everything!
radiantm3's Avatar
United_States
159
Rep
3,883
Posts

 
Drives: >1000 HP in my garage
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Danville, CA

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2011 E92 M3  [4.80]
2013 BMW X5M  [4.33]
2014 BMW i3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaron///M3 View Post
Supercharged M3 is fast, speaking from experience. The V10 M5 stock will keep up with you.
That can't be true. I've run one after turn 11 all the way to 110mph at Laguna Seca and I was (very) slowly creeping up on him. All I have is an Akrapovic Evo and ESS software.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2012, 11:45 PM   #17
Longboarder
Brigadier General
66
Rep
3,810
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 e92 M3
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Monarch Beach

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 997.2 Turbo S  [4.71]
2013 e92 M3  [4.55]
2013 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisesoul View Post
Don't mess with any of the new 63s with the M157 biturbo 5.5s in the CLS, E (wagon and sedan), CL or S class. Once chipped they get around 700 hp and 700 tq. I would not want to race those lol. Otherwise, you have yourself a comfortable autobahn rocket. Jeep SRT8s are tricky to race from a dig. They might get you until around 70-80 mph
I followed a chipped CLS 63 with the 5.5L biturbo motor around Big Willow for a couple laps before I decided to pass.

Heavy car and not agile at all for the track but it was interesting to see what the car could do. When we would get to the straights, he would pull on me but not as much as I was expecting - one car at most over a 1/4 mile of distance. He was going all out. Nice guy...chatted afterward for a while. But was expecting this thing to pull on me like I was standing still. I have a light bolt on + meth 335i so nothing special.

This same CLS 55 ran a guy who posts on these boards (xtyper313) on the side-by-side roll on event later that day. xtyper has a NA C63 with tune, headers, etc. with maybe 580 HP and the CLS with ~ 700 HP didn't pull by much. Almost dead even. I think the CLS just weighs too much.
__________________
Daily: 2013 e92 M3 DCT / ESS VT2 650 S/C / Akrapovic Evolution / StopTech BBK
Track/Airstrip: 2011 997.2 Turbo S PDK / 725 HP / BBi suspension build
Beater: 2013 X5 3.5sport
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT1...eoFBszPIK0gf9w
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2012, 11:56 PM   #18
nevin
Second Lieutenant
nevin's Avatar
11
Rep
221
Posts

 
Drives: AA
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: DELAWARE

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaron///M3 View Post
Supercharged M3 is fast, speaking from experience. The V10 M5 stock will keep up with you.
I've owned both and the M5 will not keep up.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2012, 12:20 AM   #19
DARK_M3
Banned
33
Rep
1,294
Posts

 
Drives: 08 E90, 89 Grand Wagoneer
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: So Cal

iTrader: (3)

Here I will keep an eye on you being king of the ring. lol

http://www.nuerburgring.de/fileadmin/webcam/webcam.jpg
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2012, 01:43 AM   #20
wisesoul
Savoir Faire
wisesoul's Avatar
Philippines
27
Rep
1,685
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 BMW M5
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Los Angeles, Ca

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboarder View Post
I followed a chipped CLS 63 with the 5.5L biturbo motor around Big Willow for a couple laps before I decided to pass.

Heavy car and not agile at all for the track but it was interesting to see what the car could do. When we would get to the straights, he would pull on me but not as much as I was expecting - one car at most over a 1/4 mile of distance. He was going all out. Nice guy...chatted afterward for a while. But was expecting this thing to pull on me like I was standing still. I have a light bolt on + meth 335i so nothing special.

This same CLS 55 ran a guy who posts on these boards (xtyper313) on the side-by-side roll on event later that day. xtyper has a NA C63 with tune, headers, etc. with maybe 580 HP and the CLS with ~ 700 HP didn't pull by much. Almost dead even. I think the CLS just weighs too much.
Weird, member saeedg48 absolutely decimated a C63 that was tuned when he did a Weistec chip. He took the vid down though I am impressed by your 335i being able with that beast. Not sure why it wasn't pulling very hard, maybe heat soak/bad driver. Nonetheless, the new 63s are animals in a straight line. Not sure what was up with the one you encountered
__________________
Current: Alpine White F10 M5|H&R springs|12mm/10mm spacers|Eisenmann Race
Sold:Imola Yellow RS4-KW V3|MTM 10mm spacers|Hotchkis rear sway bar|APR Stage 1|Milltek Catless|RNS-E|Euro RS4 Flat bottom Steering Wheel
Sold:E46 323i
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2012, 01:51 AM   #21
kotik
Captain
kotik's Avatar
19
Rep
630
Posts

 
Drives: F80 aw 6spd
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Monterey, CA

iTrader: (0)

@ Dark M3, that's funny. Never said I was king of the ring... I'm not sure if you ever been to it, but there are a lot a lot of fast cars there, with people and experiences that surpass most.

@OttoBlotto: I bought it from the states, and installed myself. I don't pay german tax though.

@Jerron//M3: I raced an M6. Surprisingly it deet keep up to 100mph, but after I slowly walked. By 160 I was quite far.

@Longboarder: Where do you all do that? here in germany? I know folks in switzerland do it (M5club).

@Onurleft: wow, I would think that after dumping this much money in sc M3 I would at least be able to beat stock MB, WTF? So some grandpa in his 63(not even 65) could dust me...... that sucks. A freaking Jag??? no way! I'm folding my cards... .

I would honestly think that with 600 hp on tap I should trump most. M3 does't way that much, and gearing seems to be ok... what am I missing?
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2012, 04:48 AM   #22
kotik
Captain
kotik's Avatar
19
Rep
630
Posts

 
Drives: F80 aw 6spd
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Monterey, CA

iTrader: (0)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyaKir0cw0c


AC on, and 2 ppl in the car. well it's explain in describtion... p.s. this is the first time with the SC


Quote:
Originally Posted by DARK_M3 View Post
Here I will keep an eye on you being king of the ring. lol

http://www.nuerburgring.de/fileadmin/webcam/webcam.jpg
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:06 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST