BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications
      06-16-2012, 07:41 PM   #1

Drives: 08 E92 M3 DCT

Replica lip fitment question

I know, I get what you pay for.

I want to get a Arkym front lip but I just think the prices out there are just ridiculous. I can't see paying close to a grand for a piece of carbon fiber, just on principle. I'd rather pay up for good tires or a suspension component instead of cosmetics. I DO love the look of it though...

So, I'm thinking of getting a rep perhaps like the one from Jlmotoring for about half the price. I have heard many stories of poor quality and fitment as well as customer service, but others have been quite satisfied. I'm willing to accept very minor fitment issues but not horrendous. Is this a mistake, or should I just pony up for the good stuff?

Anybody with advice or experience either way?

2008 M3 Coupe / DCT // StopTech BBK 380/355 / Pagid RS29 / Motul / Apex Arc-8 / BFG R1S / Ground Control / MS filter / Performance spoiler / BPM tune // Road Atlanta 1:39.70 / VIR Full 2:10.87 / Barber 1:42.20
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2012, 01:29 PM   #2
MB Hawaii
Enlisted Member

Drives: 2010 E92 M3 (spc gray)

I bought a V-Style carbon fiber front lip from"X-cess Motors" on ebay a couples months ago for my E92. Super happy with the purchase! Fitment is 95%...I'm pretty OCD and I'm suprised how well this thing fits. I had to make some of the holes bigger because the pre-drill holes didn't all quite lined up. That was so easy to do though. The carbon fiber finish looks great. Save a bunch of money going the generic route. It's even cheaper than JLMotoring. Overall I was very, very happy with the purchase.
Appreciate 0