BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications
 
GT Haus
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-18-2012, 02:28 AM   #1
bmw_e46
Private
 
Drives: Grey 2009 M3 Series
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NA

Posts: 50
iTrader: (0)

Start/Stop button lights up permanently

Hi all,

checking... lately battery has been draining every 2 days.

the start stop light button is always lighted up. Meaning car off, locked. everything goes down, except this button.

Changed the CAS, no help.

Suspect its DME... any thoughts from anyone who has this problem before ?

Appreciate it.

BR
bmw_e46 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-18-2012, 08:24 AM   #2
Mbauer
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: E92 187outx3
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: So Cal

Posts: 330
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw_e46 View Post
Hi all,

checking... lately battery has been draining every 2 days.

the start stop light button is always lighted up. Meaning car off, locked. everything goes down, except this button.

Changed the CAS, no help.

Suspect its DME... any thoughts from anyone who has this problem before ?

Appreciate it.

BR
Have someone preform a draw test on it, so you fix the right part
Mbauer is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-18-2012, 11:33 AM   #3
isugoo
Major General
 
isugoo's Avatar
 
Drives: 14 M5 CP
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Irvine, CA

Posts: 5,580
iTrader: (60)

Normally lighted up start/stop button means:
your car is in standby mode with your key near by (comfort access feature).

Make sure both of your keys are out of range then try again.
let us know.
__________________

PAST: 11 E70 X5M | 08 E90 M3 | 08 E92 335i | 03.5 E46 M3 | 99 E36 M3
isugoo is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-18-2012, 08:37 PM   #4
bmw_e46
Private
 
Drives: Grey 2009 M3 Series
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NA

Posts: 50
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbauer View Post
Have someone preform a draw test on it, so you fix the right part

Yep, doing that now. Hope something comes out. But the light should not be lighted
bmw_e46 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-18-2012, 08:40 PM   #5
bmw_e46
Private
 
Drives: Grey 2009 M3 Series
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NA

Posts: 50
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by isugoo View Post
Normally lighted up start/stop button means:
your car is in standby mode with your key near by (comfort access feature).

Make sure both of your keys are out of range then try again.
let us know.
The thing is, I do not have comfort access. This just happened like over night.

strange..so hence I asking if others have gone through it. I thought its CAS. But that was changed, and even tried to swap it back...no diff
bmw_e46 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:57 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST