BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)
 
Alpine HID
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-21-2007, 12:38 AM   #1
Reznick
First Lieutenant
 
Reznick's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 M3 ,2000 330
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Syracuse NY

Posts: 383
iTrader: (0)

Boy am I glad eveyone is bashing the M3

That way I don't have to pay any sticker mark up when I get mine, because people are bailing over speculation.I learned one thing a while ago. NEVER judge a car until you've seen it in person and DRIVEN it. I don't care what the magazines say. I love all types of cars, but there is something about an M that makes me smile.I'm sorry but I'm not about to let auto journalist make up my mind for me. Bottom line, is that it comes down to splitting hairs. Yeah, I'm not gonna buy a car because someone wrote that the exhaust doesn't growl like it should or the steering is a tad off.If you wanna be a lemming , go ahead and jump off the cliff with the rest. But I will garuntee that after the car hits the streets people will be lining up again. I've sat back and read all the posts. I had to finally jump in. Seems to me that some of you are a little too jaded. Shouldn't it come down to buying what YOU like?If you are that worried someone might say something bad about your car , then you're gonna need therapy. There will always be a car out there that is faster and there will always be people that will hate you just because of the things you have.Just something you need to deal with.
Reznick is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-21-2007, 04:52 AM   #2
thepest
Private First Class
 
Drives: BMW M3 (in my mind)
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Europe

Posts: 116
iTrader: (0)

^ He said it all!
thepest is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-21-2007, 06:37 AM   #3
Tobizach
Female Car Enthusiast
 
Tobizach's Avatar
 
Drives: By the seat of her pants.
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: SouthWest

Posts: 353
iTrader: (0)

Alot of us have said the same

Btw welcome Reznick.
Tobizach is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-21-2007, 08:19 AM   #4
yeast504
New Member
 
Drives: 330I
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: New Orleans

Posts: 12
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reznick View Post
That way I don't have to pay any sticker mark up when I get mine, because people are bailing over speculation.I learned one thing a while ago. NEVER judge a car until you've seen it in person and DRIVEN it. I don't care what the magazines say. I love all types of cars, but there is something about an M that makes me smile.I'm sorry but I'm not about to let auto journalist make up my mind for me. Bottom line, is that it comes down to splitting hairs. Yeah, I'm not gonna buy a car because someone wrote that the exhaust doesn't growl like it should or the steering is a tad off.If you wanna be a lemming , go ahead and jump off the cliff with the rest. But I will garuntee that after the car hits the streets people will be lining up again. I've sat back and read all the posts. I had to finally jump in. Seems to me that some of you are a little too jaded. Shouldn't it come down to buying what YOU like?If you are that worried someone might say something bad about your car , then you're gonna need therapy. There will always be a car out there that is faster and there will always be people that will hate you just because of the things you have.Just something you need to deal with.



Sorry, I found this post to be a little funny. You are WISHING that people would listen to the reviews and change their mind so their wont be any markup but yet you made a post to convince everybody (and maybe you too) that its going to be a great car and that we should all buy it. Im sure if you think the car to be really good, then you wont try to convince anybody so you can get the car faster and cheaper
yeast504 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-21-2007, 08:44 AM   #5
JEllis
Brigadier General
 
JEllis's Avatar
 
Drives: E36 M3, E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: SD CA/Yuma

Posts: 4,359
iTrader: (2)

^Guys not the sharpest tool in the shed...



Great post man! You summed my feelings too...

Jason
__________________
http://www.m3post.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic14547_7.gif
JEllis is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-21-2007, 12:00 PM   #6
M3onTwomps
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: '02 E46 M3
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: The Sandbox

Posts: 319
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeast504 View Post
Sorry, I found this post to be a little funny. You are WISHING that people would listen to the reviews and change their mind so their wont be any markup but yet you made a post to convince everybody (and maybe you too) that its going to be a great car and that we should all buy it. Im sure if you think the car to be really good, then you wont try to convince anybody so you can get the car faster and cheaper
I see you have a hard time deciphering sarcasm.
M3onTwomps is offline   Iraq
0
Reply With Quote
      07-21-2007, 12:05 PM   #7
13eastie
Lieutenant
 
13eastie's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 E92 M3
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: London

Posts: 563
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3onTwomps View Post
I see you have a hard time deciphering sarcasm.
Go easy on him - he's a single-celled organism.
13eastie is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      07-21-2007, 12:15 PM   #8
M3
///M3
 
M3's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Atlanta

Posts: 291
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to M3
this was the best read since a long time
__________________
E30 316i
E34 525i
E38 740iL
E60 530i
E92 M3
M3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-21-2007, 12:46 PM   #9
yeast504
New Member
 
Drives: 330I
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: New Orleans

Posts: 12
iTrader: (0)

Hey.. I agree with you guys and got my deposit down long time ago. I will definitely getting the car no matter what. I just thought the post is a little funny to read
yeast504 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-21-2007, 12:55 PM   #10
Caravello
Private
 
Drives: 2004 M3
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 54
iTrader: (0)

The only thing I "bash" is that the spirit of the car isn't available until the last 2000 rpms. That's a split sec of enjoyment and adrenaline. I was hoping for more hp down inthe 5s and 6s so the build up would last a little longer.
Caravello is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-22-2007, 08:59 PM   #11
TheDreamer
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 06 Scion Tc
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Northern California

Posts: 31
iTrader: (0)

Come on guys. I love bimmers as much as the next person, but don't give into blind faith. And also check out the other cars in your price range. IS-F, RS4, C63 AMG. These are all worthy contenders. The poster has basically already decided that he's going to get an M3 even though he claims that you can't judge a car until you've seen it on the road. If almost every reviewer said that the steering was a bit light, you can't really question the validity of their statements. When everyone says that the c63 AMG is a very strong contender for the E92 M3 you can't really just disregard that either.

The point is that shit goes both ways. You can't say the M3 is going to be better than the cars in it's price range until you've tryed the other cars too. So no, people arent acting like lemmings by having doubts about the new M3. The fanboism is just wearing off, and they now are going to try out other cars and compare to the M3.

I don't think any true bimmer fan will discount the new AMG or the RS4 until he has test driven BOTH.
TheDreamer is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-22-2007, 09:16 PM   #12
kishg
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2003 540i/6
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Northern NJ

Posts: 187
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDreamer View Post
Come on guys. I love bimmers as much as the next person, but don't give into blind faith. And also check out the other cars in your price range. IS-F, RS4, C63 AMG. These are all worthy contenders. The poster has basically already decided that he's going to get an M3 even though he claims that you can't judge a car until you've seen it on the road. If almost every reviewer said that the steering was a bit light, you can't really question the validity of their statements. When everyone says that the c63 AMG is a very strong contender for the E92 M3 you can't really just disregard that either.

The point is that shit goes both ways. You can't say the M3 is going to be better than the cars in it's price range until you've tryed the other cars too. So no, people arent acting like lemmings by having doubts about the new M3. The fanboism is just wearing off, and they now are going to try out other cars and compare to the M3.

I don't think any true bimmer fan will discount the new AMG or the RS4 until he has test driven BOTH.
+1 i've still got my spot in the waitlist and will drive it but am definitely looking at alternatives including the rs4 and cayman s.
__________________
'05 X5/3.0 Sport (E53)
'03 540i/6 M-Sport (E39)
'91 325i/5 Sport Package (E30)
BMWCCA #360858 SCCA# 374179 NASA # 128290
kishg is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-23-2007, 01:27 AM   #13
Keto
Major
 
Keto's Avatar
 
Drives: 550i M-sport AW
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: N'awlins

Posts: 1,233
iTrader: (1)

This is top secret, but you can put a "chip" in a 335 and it like goes faster and stuff. It's the real competition. I'm glad this forum is the place to talk about chipping the 335.
Keto is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-23-2007, 08:50 AM   #14
Tobizach
Female Car Enthusiast
 
Tobizach's Avatar
 
Drives: By the seat of her pants.
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: SouthWest

Posts: 353
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keto View Post
This is top secret, but you can put a "chip" in a 335 and it like goes faster and stuff. It's the real competition. I'm glad this forum is the place to talk about chipping the 335.
Tobizach is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-23-2007, 10:24 AM   #15
carnuts3
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2008 535i
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Connecticut

Posts: 408
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDreamer View Post
Come on guys. I love bimmers as much as the next person, but don't give into blind faith. And also check out the other cars in your price range. IS-F, RS4, C63 AMG. These are all worthy contenders. The poster has basically already decided that he's going to get an M3 even though he claims that you can't judge a car until you've seen it on the road. If almost every reviewer said that the steering was a bit light, you can't really question the validity of their statements. When everyone says that the c63 AMG is a very strong contender for the E92 M3 you can't really just disregard that either.

The point is that shit goes both ways. You can't say the M3 is going to be better than the cars in it's price range until you've tryed the other cars too. So no, people arent acting like lemmings by having doubts about the new M3. The fanboism is just wearing off, and they now are going to try out other cars and compare to the M3.

I don't think any true bimmer fan will discount the new AMG or the RS4 until he has test driven BOTH.
I agree. And I personally am going to test drive all the cars you mentioned including the next generation CTS-V before I sign the next contract, which at this point in time appears to be for the M3. However, I think that all these cars will be great, so I wouldn't care if the M3 ends up being technically the "best" of the pack or not. The car I end up choosing will just be the best for me - and if may not ultimately be the M3.
carnuts3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-23-2007, 12:05 PM   #16
Reznick
First Lieutenant
 
Reznick's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 M3 ,2000 330
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Syracuse NY

Posts: 383
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDreamer View Post
Come on guys. I love bimmers as much as the next person, but don't give into blind faith. And also check out the other cars in your price range. IS-F, RS4, C63 AMG. These are all worthy contenders. The poster has basically already decided that he's going to get an M3 even though he claims that you can't judge a car until you've seen it on the road. If almost every reviewer said that the steering was a bit light, you can't really question the validity of their statements. When everyone says that the c63 AMG is a very strong contender for the E92 M3 you can't really just disregard that either.

The point is that shit goes both ways. You can't say the M3 is going to be better than the cars in it's price range until you've tryed the other cars too. So no, people arent acting like lemmings by having doubts about the new M3. The fanboism is just wearing off, and they now are going to try out other cars and compare to the M3.

I don't think any true bimmer fan will discount the new AMG or the RS4 until he has test driven BOTH.
Yeah,,, that was my point. I don't have ANY brand loyalty. I have pretty odd love for all different cars. Just like I wouldn't buy the newest car out because somebody said it was the greatest. I wouldn't turn my back on something just because somebody says it isn't. EVERY car has some compromises to it. DRIVE WHAT YOU LOVE!!!!! Seems like thinking for yourself has become a lost art.
Reznick is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-23-2007, 01:13 PM   #17
phrozen06
NA V8
 
phrozen06's Avatar
 
Drives: 01 330ci, 08 M3 DCT, 08 VW R32
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: 39°27'33"N 77°58'04"W W. Virgina, Kansas

Posts: 1,346
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reznick View Post
That way I don't have to pay any sticker mark up when I get mine, because people are bailing over speculation.I learned one thing a while ago. NEVER judge a car until you've seen it in person and DRIVEN it. I don't care what the magazines say. I love all types of cars, but there is something about an M that makes me smile.I'm sorry but I'm not about to let auto journalist make up my mind for me.
Well put and most people won't be about to drive the E92 ///M to it's full potential anyway.

They can't even drive their current car to it's full potential.
__________________

Last edited by phrozen06; 07-24-2007 at 11:55 AM.
phrozen06 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-23-2007, 03:20 PM   #18
The CSL
For the love of ///M3
 
The CSL's Avatar
 
Drives: Peugeot 306 XSI 16v
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Plymouth, UK

Posts: 660
iTrader: (0)

I'm sorry but I'm not about to let auto journalist make up my mind for me.

Well, it was such people who made the M3 what it was in the first place. Without their input it would have stayed the niche model it was born. The M legend didn't grow because of all the original owners, of which there were relatively few.
__________________
The CSL is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      07-23-2007, 03:46 PM   #19
Reznick
First Lieutenant
 
Reznick's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 M3 ,2000 330
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Syracuse NY

Posts: 383
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The CSL View Post
I'm sorry but I'm not about to let auto journalist make up my mind for me.

Well, it was such people who made the M3 what it was in the first place. Without their input it would have stayed the niche model it was born. The M legend didn't grow because of all the original owners, of which there were relatively few.
^ nowTHATS funny! I thought it was the engineers and designers that made cars what they are . Here all along it was those crafty jounalists. If it wasn't for that damn Consumer Reports I could still get a Pontiac Azteck today. Durtty Bastids . I smell a conspiracy!! ( and some sarcasm ) The beemer in my garage has 2 wheels
Reznick is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-25-2007, 05:52 AM   #20
lucid
Major General
 
lucid's Avatar
 
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 8,034
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The CSL View Post
I'm sorry but I'm not about to let auto journalist make up my mind for me.

Well, it was such people who made the M3 what it was in the first place. Without their input it would have stayed the niche model it was born. The M legend didn't grow because of all the original owners, of which there were relatively few.


The relationship between most auto journalists and engineers is not that different from the relationship between art critics and artists. One comments, the other creates what is being commented on. It's pretty one-sided really. Ultimately, only the customer can give any kind of meaningful feedback to the engineer, not the journalist, simply because cars are not designed for journalists...
lucid is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:58 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST