BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Lux Angel Eyes

06-06-2012, 07:32 PM   #23
odiesback
2012 E92 M3 AW EXT FR
United_States

Drives: 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schittenengitten View Post
Mansell you say? Here's his car, from 1989 I believe. My brain is a little rusty at times and I was in such stupor at the Museum I didn't read the plaques! Oddly I remember the race though - Brazil I believe, it was the season opener, first race of post-turbo era, Mansell won with the first successful application of sequential paddle shift transmission.

Dude, you're going to have a total blast. If you get lost, and you likely will, F-it, its better to be lost in Germany or Italy than stuck at work right?! Those crazy Italian drivers are like everyone says, tailgating wonders and those Vespas - fuggedaboutit, they are absolutely positively crazy!

Wow!!!! Mansell machine....Insane! that was the Ferrari bouncing back from a decade of poor results, then a dude named Schumacher came along
and the rest is history. Did you get to tour the factory or only the museum
is open to the public?

I will take your advice and will hang really loose while in Italy. Yeah,
their driving is legendary!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2012, 08:14 PM   #24
Schittenengitten
Enlisted Member

Drives: 2014 Porsche 991 C2S

You must mean this guy!

The museum is the only thing we did there, I don't believe they offer a factory tour per se, I did notice on their website before we left the states they were offering a bus tour through the factory grounds or something for like 25 euros apiece. I would say the museum tour is totally worth it if you are going to be close to the area, not necessarily worth it if its out of the way for you. There's lots of other cars, all the F1 championship cars Schumacher drove, all championship helmets, all the engines from 1987 to like 2010, plus numerous road cars, including the F40.

If I was doing this trip differently, I would have probably planned much less driving, we amassed the 1203 miles between Tuesday afternoon and Saturday at noon. We got a lot of "windshield time" as they say. We joked at times it was our version of Amazing Race. But, we tend to do that when we vacation - we always seem to plan a pretty aggressive agenda.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-06-2012, 10:04 PM   #25
JohnnyRoaster
Captain
United_States

Drives: 09 Jerez Black M3 Sedan

1200 miles in less than five days is impressive. We did about the same amount in two weeks. We had our three kids with us so I had to limit the number of hours per day. They were 6,6 and 8 at the time.

Thanks for posting some pictures. I can't wait to do it again.