BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-23-2007, 11:17 PM   #45
shragon
Moderator
 
shragon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 325i SG Sedan
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bay Area, CA

Posts: 27,450
iTrader: (7)

nice!!
__________________
shragon is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      07-24-2007, 12:17 AM   #46
m_bazeepaymon
Major
 
Drives: 2008 E92 335i
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 1,075
iTrader: (4)

Send a message via AIM to m_bazeepaymon
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3onTwomps View Post
Nurburgring Negro
am I the only one laughing about this? lol
__________________


ZzZzZ'er
m_bazeepaymon is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-24-2007, 01:07 AM   #47
swamp2
Major General
 
swamp2's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Diego, CA USA

Posts: 9,939
iTrader: (1)

Pics vs. IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
I agree that the new E92 M3 isn't exactly a stunner. I am really not a fan of what BMW has done to the appearance of their cars in the last major redesign--but then who is? However, the new M3 and the other E92s look much better than the E90s. I think the M3 could actually be a stunner if the front end was different--the lights, the grill, tip of the hood, and where the fenders meet the bumper and the lights. The strange curves seem all wrong to me; it needs sharper and straighter lines. The rear end looks pretty good although the bumper could be positioned a bit lower (gotta cover that muffler somehow!). The proportions look good on the sides. The CF roof looks great with light colors...
I think the 335i is a stunner actually but only in person. If the "delta" comparing the E92 M3 in person is anywhere as large as the delta (pics to in person) of the 335i I think it will truly be a stunner. Of course .. eye of the beholder on most looks issues. Do you think it may work the same for you? Do you like the 335i you see around?
swamp2 is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-24-2007, 03:06 AM   #48
Steved
Lieutenant
 
Steved's Avatar
 
Drives: M3 CSL, AMG ML63, B7 RS4 Avant
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: England

Posts: 502
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbo View Post
I really like the red. The orange tint might be from over exposure of the film. But swamp2 is right the red will be a ticket magnet.

Steved can you post some close up of the RS4 as well? So we can compare
The 'second' picture above (on Page 2) was exactly how it looked to the naked eye when I first saw it approaching, and I thought it looked stunning, whereas sometimes it looked dull and rather flat. It is really difficult to judge given how bright the sun was shining, but I think its a bit like Interlagos where it changes hue depending on the sun. It never looks boring, that's for sure, and nothing like the Indi Red on the M5 which is a truly awful colour.

After living with it for 2 days I would 'hit it', maybe not as my first choice, but it is the best metallic-red I have ever seen in the BMW range.

Here are two more pictures, one showing both cars together and the other just of the RS4 when I stopped for a break in northern Spain.



Steved is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      07-24-2007, 03:18 AM   #49
RussianM3_dude
Private First Class
 
Drives: B7 Audi RS4
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Switzerland

Posts: 172
iTrader: (0)

If there is one thing that a like about the RS4 is that it has some great colors.
Candy Blue, Bright Red, Ferrari Yellow etc. M colors have a tendency to be a bit controversial and an aquired taste. Anyhoo, looks-wise the RS4 is ahead of the M3. The M to me looks like a regular 3er whos owner dug deep into the accessories catalogue. Everything looks tacked on, rather then the E46 , where it looked as if that car was designed as the M3 first and regular 3 series after.
RussianM3_dude is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-24-2007, 03:54 AM   #50
Leg
Captain
 
Drives: E92 M3 V8 Alpine White
Join Date: May 2007
Location: York, England

Posts: 844
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianM3_dude View Post
If there is one thing that a like about the RS4 is that it has some great colors.
Candy Blue, Bright Red, Ferrari Yellow etc. M colors have a tendency to be a bit controversial and an aquired taste. Anyhoo, looks-wise the RS4 is ahead of the M3. The M to me looks like a regular 3er whos owner dug deep into the accessories catalogue. Everything looks tacked on, rather then the E46 , where it looked as if that car was designed as the M3 first and regular 3 series after.
Yup
Leg is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-24-2007, 04:07 AM   #51
moss
Private First Class
 
Drives: Audi RS4
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: England

Posts: 119
iTrader: (0)

Agreed
moss is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      07-24-2007, 04:17 AM   #52
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
 
southlight's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Germany

Posts: 6,746
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianM3_dude View Post
If there is one thing that a like about the RS4 is that it has some great colors.
Candy Blue, Bright Red, Ferrari Yellow etc. M colors have a tendency to be a bit controversial and an aquired taste. Anyhoo, looks-wise the RS4 is ahead of the M3. The M to me looks like a regular 3er whos owner dug deep into the accessories catalogue. Everything looks tacked on, rather then the E46 , where it looked as if that car was designed as the M3 first and regular 3 series after.
Why did you choose "mouse grey" (your own words) then?

Best regards, south
southlight is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-24-2007, 04:21 AM   #53
Robert
Major General
 
Drives: 135i, current is350
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Socal

Posts: 6,888
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steved View Post
The 'second' picture above (on Page 2) was exactly how it looked to the naked eye when I first saw it approaching, and I thought it looked stunning, whereas sometimes it looked dull and rather flat. It is really difficult to judge given how bright the sun was shining, but I think its a bit like Interlagos where it changes hue depending on the sun. It never looks boring, that's for sure, and nothing like the Indi Red on the M5 which is a truly awful colour.
Thank you. The 2nd picture of the M3 from the original post is definitely
money and I like the RS4's red as well. The M3's paint looks a more glossy from the photos.
Robert is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-24-2007, 07:41 AM   #54
lucid
Major General
 
lucid's Avatar
 
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 8,034
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
I think the 335i is a stunner actually but only in person. If the "delta" comparing the E92 M3 in person is anywhere as large as the delta (pics to in person) of the 335i I think it will truly be a stunner. Of course .. eye of the beholder on most looks issues. Do you think it may work the same for you? Do you like the 335i you see around?
I like the 335i coupe when I see it around. I agree that it looks better in person. I am not sure I would call it a stunner though although it is definetely a good looking car. But my comments about the front end apply to it as well. I think the sedans barely look OK. This is a matter of opinion though.
lucid is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-12-2007, 03:51 PM   #55
Steved
Lieutenant
 
Steved's Avatar
 
Drives: M3 CSL, AMG ML63, B7 RS4 Avant
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: England

Posts: 502
iTrader: (0)

At last the videos are now up on the EVO site. It's nice to see after all the editing that most of them are the ones I filmed (good job I took that video camera along then). There are better films out there, particularly by those that brought along a proper film crew, but it does give a nice idea of how exciting the M3 is to drive..

http://www.evo.co.uk/videos/planetev...10/bmw_m3.html
Steved is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      08-12-2007, 04:10 PM   #56
Garrett
Banned
 
Drives: 2004 330ci
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Mich

Posts: 1,356
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steved View Post
At last the videos are now up on the EVO site. It's nice to see after all the editing that most of them are the ones I filmed (good job I took that video camera along then). There are better films out there, particularly by those that brought along a proper film crew, but it does give a nice idea of how exciting the M3 is to drive..

http://www.evo.co.uk/videos/planetev...10/bmw_m3.html
Thnx
Garrett is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-12-2007, 04:18 PM   #57
FifthStreetz
O! So Sour!!
 
FifthStreetz's Avatar
 
Drives: Fast e30 / Slow M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Fort Lee, NJ

Posts: 15,481
iTrader: (22)

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steved View Post
At last the videos are now up on the EVO site. It's nice to see after all the editing that most of them are the ones I filmed (good job I took that video camera along then). There are better films out there, particularly by those that brought along a proper film crew, but it does give a nice idea of how exciting the M3 is to drive..

http://www.evo.co.uk/videos/planetev...10/bmw_m3.html
FifthStreetz is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-12-2007, 08:05 PM   #58
Tobizach
Female Car Enthusiast
 
Tobizach's Avatar
 
Drives: By the seat of her pants.
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: SouthWest

Posts: 353
iTrader: (0)

Even tho its those same red car/cars, great pictures nonetheless thanks
Tobizach is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-12-2007, 10:50 PM   #59
consolidated
Major
 
consolidated's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Texas

Posts: 1,464
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steved View Post
At last the videos are now up on the EVO site. It's nice to see after all the editing that most of them are the ones I filmed (good job I took that video camera along then). There are better films out there, particularly by those that brought along a proper film crew, but it does give a nice idea of how exciting the M3 is to drive..

http://www.evo.co.uk/videos/planetev...10/bmw_m3.html

Nice work Steve, now I know why all of the journalists only got 11.6mpg, it doesn't move very far when both wheels are lit up and redlined.
consolidated is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-13-2007, 10:26 PM   #60
Rascasse
Too Many Cars!
 
Rascasse's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3 Silver Gray/Charcoal
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Arizona

Posts: 15
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Send a message via Yahoo to Rascasse Send a message via Skype™ to Rascasse
Great article and pics!
__________________
Ciao......Dino
M3/SL55 AMG/Ferrari Challenge Stradale
Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Ferrari 348 SS/March/Cosworth Indycar www.VelocePerformance.com
Rascasse is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:44 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST