BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis
 
Strasse Wheels
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-02-2012, 08:00 PM   #1
KM3
Formerly K335i
KM3's Avatar
5
Rep
214
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 E92 M3
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Redmond, WA

iTrader: (0)

JRZ RS

Got some new goodies from Bimmerworld! Thanks to James and the crew at BW for answering endless questions and helping me build the right setup. Will get these installed soon, dial 'em in, and do a proper write-up after some track time!
Attached Images
  
__________________

2009 E92 M3 :: Jet Black :: Fox Red Extended :: Carbon Leather :: 6MT :: JRZ RS Suspension :: RD Sport Sways :: StopTech Trophy Brakes :: Cantrell Brake Cooling
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2012, 09:20 PM   #2
dawgdog
Colonel
29
Rep
2,178
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 M3, 2010 GT3RS
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Seattle, Wa.

iTrader: (0)

Those are gorgeous! Can't wait to see them at the Ridge.
__________________
2015 f80 M3, 2010 GT3RS
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2012, 11:24 PM   #3
signes
Brigadier General
signes's Avatar
United_States
63
Rep
4,214
Posts

 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Spinnin at 8k

iTrader: (3)

What are the details on the rest of your suspension setup? Really interested to hear comments once installed.
__________________
08 E90 | Jet Black / Black | 6MT
Mods: RAC RG63 w/ Pirelli Corsa 255F/285R | Akrapovic Evo Exhaust | OEM Blacklines
Winter Setup: OEM 18s w/ Nokian Hakkapeliita R 245/40-18
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2012, 01:31 AM   #4
KM3
Formerly K335i
KM3's Avatar
5
Rep
214
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 E92 M3
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Redmond, WA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by signes View Post
What are the details on the rest of your suspension setup? Really interested to hear comments once installed.
Hyperco springs (550 lb front and 850 lb rear) and GC camber plates. We'll see how everything rides after it's installed and aligned.
__________________

2009 E92 M3 :: Jet Black :: Fox Red Extended :: Carbon Leather :: 6MT :: JRZ RS Suspension :: RD Sport Sways :: StopTech Trophy Brakes :: Cantrell Brake Cooling
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2012, 08:32 AM   #5
CJ421
Brigadier General
CJ421's Avatar
United_States
60
Rep
3,263
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: PA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [4.66]
Beautiful! Can't wait to hear your impressions. JRZ is the creme de la creme of shocks (for any reasonable price, that is ).
__________________
2011 BMW E92 335i, 6MT, Le Mans blue - Quaife LSD, JRZ RS Pro, JRZ camber plates, Eibach ERS, full M3 susp, custom toe arms, Powergrid end-links, SS brake lines, brake ducting, Michelin PSS, UUC SSK, ETS FMIC, ER CP, Perf. Exhaust, VAC RSIK, Sparcos; work by VAC Motorsports in Philadelphia
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2012, 08:54 AM   #6
STALKER
Brigadier General
50
Rep
3,665
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3, 991 C4S, 997 GT3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto, ON

iTrader: (5)

Congrats.
Im using JRZ RS1s and so far have been great.
__________________

2008 AW/FR E90 M3-SOLD
2013 991 C4S-SOLD
2010 GT3
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2012, 09:32 AM   #7
KM3
Formerly K335i
KM3's Avatar
5
Rep
214
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 E92 M3
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Redmond, WA

iTrader: (0)

Stalker, have you made it back out to the track again?
__________________

2009 E92 M3 :: Jet Black :: Fox Red Extended :: Carbon Leather :: 6MT :: JRZ RS Suspension :: RD Sport Sways :: StopTech Trophy Brakes :: Cantrell Brake Cooling
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2012, 10:54 AM   #8
Alekshop
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Alekshop's Avatar
United_States
120
Rep
2,340
Posts


 
Drives: E30 M3 l E92 M3 l F82 M4
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (8)

Send a message via Skype™ to Alekshop
Def a good suspension choice ...

We wil be installing RS Pro next week ... However, we are going with Vorshlag CP.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2012, 04:50 PM   #9
STALKER
Brigadier General
50
Rep
3,665
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3, 991 C4S, 997 GT3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto, ON

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KM3 View Post
Stalker, have you made it back out to the track again?
Was suppose to actually have a track day today, but got called into work unfortunately.
Next one is June 15th.

Why did you go RS instead of RS1 or RS Pro.

Got my kit from BW too, good guys to deal with.
__________________

2008 AW/FR E90 M3-SOLD
2013 991 C4S-SOLD
2010 GT3
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2012, 05:52 PM   #10
paradocs98
Major
paradocs98's Avatar
United_States
31
Rep
1,347
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 991 Carrera S
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NY

iTrader: (0)

Very cool. Is this an application specific to our cars, or is it a generic JRZ design made to fit the E9X M3? Is this the setup that Bimmerworld uses on their racecars?
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2012, 06:58 PM   #11
ILLCOMM
Second Lieutenant
ILLCOMM's Avatar
5
Rep
216
Posts

 
Drives: GT2
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (1)

Looks sooo good.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2012, 11:53 PM   #12
KM3
Formerly K335i
KM3's Avatar
5
Rep
214
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 E92 M3
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Redmond, WA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STALKER View Post
Was suppose to actually have a track day today, but got called into work unfortunately.
Next one is June 15th.

Why did you go RS instead of RS1 or RS Pro.

Got my kit from BW too, good guys to deal with.
Bummer that you missed the track day today. Look forward to your report after the 15th - would be great to compare notes.

I debated for a long time between the RS and RS1. I ruled out the RS Pro as I didn't want to deal with remote reservoirs. Loved the simplicity and range of the RS1 but landed on the RS because ultimately, I wanted the ability to independently adjust bump and rebound.
__________________

2009 E92 M3 :: Jet Black :: Fox Red Extended :: Carbon Leather :: 6MT :: JRZ RS Suspension :: RD Sport Sways :: StopTech Trophy Brakes :: Cantrell Brake Cooling
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2012, 02:38 AM   #13
kchu221
JDM whore
kchu221's Avatar
South Korea
44
Rep
3,021
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 Porsche 911 Turbo
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: los angeles

iTrader: (9)

nice! i have the same set up but mines swift springs!
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2012, 09:19 AM   #14
KM3
Formerly K335i
KM3's Avatar
5
Rep
214
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 E92 M3
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Redmond, WA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchu221 View Post
nice! i have the same set up but mines swift springs!
What are your rates? How have you found them to behave on street and track? Any preferred settings?
__________________

2009 E92 M3 :: Jet Black :: Fox Red Extended :: Carbon Leather :: 6MT :: JRZ RS Suspension :: RD Sport Sways :: StopTech Trophy Brakes :: Cantrell Brake Cooling
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2012, 09:48 AM   #15
mkPOTO
Mr. Nice Says Hello
mkPOTO's Avatar
202
Rep
15,640
Posts

 
Drives: 1999 528I
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: USA

iTrader: (23)

Garage List
very nice, was a kit I was looking at as well, but going with a different route
__________________

EVOLVE E600 BMW E92 M3
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2012, 10:59 AM   #16
kchu221
JDM whore
kchu221's Avatar
South Korea
44
Rep
3,021
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 Porsche 911 Turbo
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: los angeles

iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KM3 View Post
What are your rates? How have you found them to behave on street and track? Any preferred settings?
its 450 front and 650 rear, im still waiting for the springs to settle so i can get and alignment and corner balancing, i got it installed last friday, so i couldnt really drive it hard! haha sorry!
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2012, 01:21 PM   #17
STALKER
Brigadier General
50
Rep
3,665
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3, 991 C4S, 997 GT3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto, ON

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KM3 View Post
Bummer that you missed the track day today. Look forward to your report after the 15th - would be great to compare notes.

I debated for a long time between the RS and RS1. I ruled out the RS Pro as I didn't want to deal with remote reservoirs. Loved the simplicity and range of the RS1 but landed on the RS because ultimately, I wanted the ability to independently adjust bump and rebound.
It was a shame, especially since I have ran that specific track on my Dinan set up and KW CS, so it would have been a good comparison.

You going to run GC race or street plates?
__________________

2008 AW/FR E90 M3-SOLD
2013 991 C4S-SOLD
2010 GT3
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2012, 01:23 PM   #18
STALKER
Brigadier General
50
Rep
3,665
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3, 991 C4S, 997 GT3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto, ON

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchu221 View Post
its 450 front and 650 rear, im still waiting for the springs to settle so i can get and alignment and corner balancing, i got it installed last friday, so i couldnt really drive it hard! haha sorry!
You don't need to wait.
Where did you get your set up from?

RS was my choice before the RS1 came out and I had actually placed an order for them a year ago, but they constantly go delayed.

JRZ quality and service has been very good so far.
__________________

2008 AW/FR E90 M3-SOLD
2013 991 C4S-SOLD
2010 GT3
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2012, 01:39 PM   #19
kchu221
JDM whore
kchu221's Avatar
South Korea
44
Rep
3,021
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 Porsche 911 Turbo
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: los angeles

iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STALKER View Post
You don't need to wait.
Where did you get your set up from?

RS was my choice before the RS1 came out and I had actually placed an order for them a year ago, but they constantly go delayed.

JRZ quality and service has been very good so far.
i got my set up from auto talent. the quality is one of the best I've seen, it compares to the aragosta set up i had on my previous car!
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2012, 05:19 PM   #20
KM3
Formerly K335i
KM3's Avatar
5
Rep
214
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 E92 M3
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Redmond, WA

iTrader: (0)

Installing and aligning on Wednesday. Next track day is Monday, so hope to have some impressions to share by then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STALKER View Post
It was a shame, especially since I have ran that specific track on my Dinan set up and KW CS, so it would have been a good comparison.

You going to run GC race or street plates?
I'm running GC street plates. Trying to keep NVH to a minimum.
__________________

2009 E92 M3 :: Jet Black :: Fox Red Extended :: Carbon Leather :: 6MT :: JRZ RS Suspension :: RD Sport Sways :: StopTech Trophy Brakes :: Cantrell Brake Cooling
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2012, 05:51 PM   #21
STALKER
Brigadier General
50
Rep
3,665
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3, 991 C4S, 997 GT3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto, ON

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KM3 View Post
Installing and aligning on Wednesday. Next track day is Monday, so hope to have some impressions to share by then.



I'm running GC street plates. Trying to keep NVH to a minimum.
I am running their street plates also.

How much camber are you getting out of the front?
Once I swapped out the shocks for the new ones, my shop was only able to get -1.8 out of the fronts, I only raised the front 0.25". Before I was getting -2.5 easily.
__________________

2008 AW/FR E90 M3-SOLD
2013 991 C4S-SOLD
2010 GT3

Last edited by STALKER; 06-04-2012 at 08:42 PM.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2012, 08:56 PM   #22
KM3
Formerly K335i
KM3's Avatar
5
Rep
214
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 E92 M3
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Redmond, WA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STALKER View Post
I am running their street plates also.

How much camber are you getting out of the front?
Once I swapped out the shocks for the new ones, my shop was only able to get -1.8 out of the fronts, I only raised the front 0.25". Before I was getting -2.5 easily.
I'll let you know after I get it installed and aligned tomorrow. My goal is -2.8 front and -1.8 rear. It's very unusual that you can only max out at -1.8. A shock change using the same plates shouldn't have reduced your camber range... Did something else change?
__________________

2009 E92 M3 :: Jet Black :: Fox Red Extended :: Carbon Leather :: 6MT :: JRZ RS Suspension :: RD Sport Sways :: StopTech Trophy Brakes :: Cantrell Brake Cooling
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:30 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST