BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
 
ESS Tuning
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-26-2012, 06:10 PM   #45
Sara504
Lieutenant General
 
Sara504's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 335is
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Newport Beach, CA

Posts: 17,672
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by number335 View Post
Friend of mine who rented an apt in Japan had a similar experience. Things that happened while living there:
1. Framed pictures would be faced down.
2. Personal items would be just laying in the middle of the living room floor.
3. A friend of hers who was sleeping over in the living room. came into her room and asked if she could stay in her room. She felt like someone was watching her apparently.
4. Person who works the front desk mentioned to her that he thought she was at home because the security sensors from her apt were active.
5. Noises coming from her patio, like something was tapping on something, but nothing there.
6. When speaking to her mom on the phone about moving out, the noises on the patio would start, and would become louder as she kept talking about moving out. When she changed the conversation and said she changed her mind about moving out, the noise would get softer and then disappear.
You know, Ive actually woken up once (in the middle of the night I wanna say a month or two ago) and I swore to myself I was only dreaming but it really felt like someone had touched my arm ever so slightly. Im sure it was just a dream but it felt so real, I mean real enough to wake myself up and sit up in bed for a moment. I HOPE I was only dreaming though. Ive never actually seen anything happen in the moment. Only after the fact that its happened, like the picture in my closet. My house is only 10 years old. Its in a brand new neighborhood. It was built on an old cemetery/park but all the graves have been moved decades ago and the houses on my street are not where the graves were located. This particular town is just over 200 years old.

I wouldnt say that Im scared of where I live. I'll get up in the middle of the night and walk downstairs to the kitchen without ever feeling the need to turn on a light. Nothing has ever been malicious . If there is something here I dont think that its mean whatsoever. Reminds me of a child that just likes to move my things around.
__________________

2013 335is-Current
2011 335i -Sold 4/13 2006 325i-Sold 7/11

Last edited by Sara504; 05-26-2012 at 06:15 PM.
Sara504 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-26-2012, 06:49 PM   #46
48Laws
Captain
 
Drives: '11 M3
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: East Coast

Posts: 607
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanity View Post
Don't be so obnoxious. Whatever it is you have in NJ I welcome you nicely to come visit Vancouver and my neighbourhood. We have our share of expensive homes on massive estates.

Now back to the ghost stories, this isn't a real estate thread.
Wait, weren't you the one who initially quipped that $3 million could by an entire state where I live ( which doesn't make any damn sense anyway). Chill with the one-upping. I live in the tri-state area where you'd find some prime real-estate. So, whatever you see in Vancouver pricewise, I've already seen it In manhattan, for example, An apt sold for $90 million last week.
48Laws is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-26-2012, 07:55 PM   #47
number335
Second Lieutenant
 
number335's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 Coupe
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Orange County, CA

Posts: 255
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
You know, Ive actually woken up once (in the middle of the night I wanna say a month or two ago) and I swore to myself I was only dreaming but it really felt like someone had touched my arm ever so slightly. Im sure it was just a dream but it felt so real, I mean real enough to wake myself up and sit up in bed for a moment. I HOPE I was only dreaming though. Ive never actually seen anything happen in the moment. Only after the fact that its happened, like the picture in my closet. My house is only 10 years old. Its in a brand new neighborhood. It was built on an old cemetery/park but all the graves have been moved decades ago and the houses on my street are not where the graves were located. This particular town is just over 200 years old.

I wouldnt say that Im scared of where I live. I'll get up in the middle of the night and walk downstairs to the kitchen without ever feeling the need to turn on a light. Nothing has ever been malicious . If there is something here I dont think that its mean whatsoever. Reminds me of a child that just likes to move my things around.
My friend said the same thing. She never felt threatened by what was happening. She felt like if there was a presence, that presence wanted her to be there.
number335 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-26-2012, 11:33 PM   #48
Vanity
Private First Class
 
Vanity's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW E90 LCI
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: BC, Canada

Posts: 123
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 48Laws View Post
Wait, weren't you the one who initially quipped that $3 million could by an entire state where I live ( which doesn't make any damn sense anyway). Chill with the one-upping. I live in the tri-state area where you'd find some prime real-estate. So, whatever you see in Vancouver pricewise, I've already seen it In manhattan, for example, An apt sold for $90 million last week.
That's so amazing I don't have words for it. Please, tell us about the ghosts you find in these $90 Million dollar apartments and contribute more to this thread about your paranormal experiences. It fascinates me, thus far.
__________________
Vanity is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      05-26-2012, 11:39 PM   #49
MadDog
Careful, I Bite.....
 
MadDog's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 325i
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: S.F. Bay Area

Posts: 504
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 325i  [3.75]
Time for some
MadDog is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-27-2012, 08:39 AM   #50
48Laws
Captain
 
Drives: '11 M3
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: East Coast

Posts: 607
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanity View Post
That's so amazing I don't have words for it. Please, tell us about the ghosts you find in these $90 Million dollar apartments and contribute more to this thread about your paranormal experiences. It fascinates me, thus far.
Well, I know vancoooooover ghost got mo moneyz and they can buyz a state in my state... Lol
48Laws is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-29-2012, 09:37 AM   #51
import36
Burrito bowl connoisseur
 
import36's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i MT, E46 M3 SMG
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Seven Cities

Posts: 3,432
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i Coupe  [4.50]
2005 BMW M3  [5.00]
can't unread thread
__________________
Mods: Procede Rev3 9-10|AE Catless Dual Exhaust|AR Design Catless DPs|AMS FMIC|Stett Charge Pipe w/Tial BOV|Stett CAI|BMS OCC|BMS CDV|Volk TE37 SLs|KW V2 Coilovers|Cusco OS Strut Brace|Macht Schnell Stud Conversion|Work RS-R Lugnuts|Gloss Black Roof|Matte Black Kidney Grills|UED Lower Bumper Grills|OEM Aero Lip and Painted Reflectors|M3 Sideskirts| VRS Decklid Aero Spoiler|Gloss Black Roof|M Peformance Alcantara Steering Wheel(blue)|OSS V2.0 LED Angel Eyes|8000k HID Fog Lights|8000k MTEC Xenons
import36 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-29-2012, 09:39 AM   #52
///Mandy
N54 <3
 
///Mandy's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 335xi
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Here.

Posts: 1,559
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by import36 View Post
can't unread thread
Haha I was bored on a Friday, thought this might spark up some life in OT.
__________________

E90 335xi|Nav pkg|Sport pkg|Dakota leather|Brushed aluminum trim|MTech kit
///Mandy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-29-2012, 10:13 AM   #53
SS32
Major
 
SS32's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 M3
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Raleigh, NC

Posts: 1,431
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pcemkr View Post
Simple minds believe in intangible concepts. I believe in science.
Richard Feynman has said that no one truly understands quantum mechanics, and he made more headway with QM than anyone in recent history. QM can only be described using the most abstract/intangible form possible, pure mathematics; a wavefunction has ZERO physical models. So while I agree with what you're getting at, I don't agree with your wording.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
ME! I believe in ghosts. For 4 reasons.

1. Last 5 digits on my birth certificate are -00666
Coincidence, my office phone number ends in 666...

2. About two months ago I woke up at 230AM and the light in my bedroom was on.
And? Did you leave it on? My parents' house has 2 lights that turn on/off on their own. Weird electrical quirks aren't uncommon

3. About two months ago I have a framed picture (about an 8x10) that hangs above the left side of my bed. I woke up and found it on the floor next to the right side of my bed. Pick it up and hung it back up.
4. About one month ago same picture, I woke up and found it on laying perfectly my night stand on the right side of my bed.

Now if it had fallen, it would have woken me up because of the noise, it would have broken Im sure, and it would have fallen on the left side. Theres no way possible for it travel (without assistance) to the right side of my bed or be placed on my nightstand.

You assume it would have woken you up and that it would have broken, but it's more likely that it fell and didn't wake you up than a ghost screwing with you.


I have NOT hung that picture back up. I put it in my closet and so far nothing else has happened.
The fact is, if you look for something, you're likely to 'find' it whether or not it actually exists. If you go into a situation having already judged the cause/outcome, you'll look for evidence as ad hoc support of your conclusion.
SS32 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-29-2012, 12:38 PM   #54
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
 
UncleWede's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 325i Arctic
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

Posts: 2,324
iTrader: (0)

The last apartment I lived in had something about the size of a large cat that would periodically come into the spare bedroom and sleep on my chest. My real cat wouldn't go into that room, often hissed at the doorway.
UncleWede is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-29-2012, 12:59 PM   #55
sanf
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: F10 535XI
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: East Coast

Posts: 261
iTrader: (1)

if all these things really happens everytime and everynight. i think it's time to setup a vid cam and see what's really going on.

As for the house in Vancouver, since it can't be sold anyway because everyone probably know about how haunted this house is. I'd say just turn it into a ghost touring business. Eventually, someone out there will probably buy it for ghost studying or something.
sanf is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-29-2012, 02:32 PM   #56
IFX
Banned
 
Drives: AW e46M/N54
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South Fla.

Posts: 2,538
iTrader: (1)

i can't stop reading.

Anywho, i don't believe in it, until I actually come across it.
IFX is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-29-2012, 02:56 PM   #57
FwdFtl
Volcano Knuckles
 
Drives: E60
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Cali

Posts: 253
iTrader: (0)

ok, has anybody experienced this...

i thought a demon was messing with me, but one time i was in my bed during the day about to take a nap and i was still awake, but closing my eyes to try and fall asleep. i happen to notice that i couldn't move, talk or anything and it felt as thought there was this hugh mass like a giant hand holding me agressively where i was in my bed.

i was freaking the fukc out and eventually it was like everything just let go and i regained control of my body. truly scary stuff.

some people say it was called sleep paralysis.

Last edited by FwdFtl; 05-29-2012 at 03:13 PM.
FwdFtl is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-29-2012, 02:59 PM   #58
SS32
Major
 
SS32's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 M3
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Raleigh, NC

Posts: 1,431
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FwdFtl View Post
ok, has anybody experienced this...

i thought a demon was messing with me, but one time i was in my bed during the day about to take a nap and i was still awake, but closing my eyes to try and fall asleep. i happen to notice that i couldn't move, talk or anything and it felt as thought there was this hugh mass like a giant hand holding me agressively where i was in my bed.

i was freaking the fukc out and eventually it was like everything just let go and i regained control of my body. truly scary stuff.

some people say it was called sleep paralysis.
It is called sleep paralysis. When you sleep, your brain shuts down all motor functions so you don't act out your dreams and hurt yourself. Sometimes that kicks in early or you become conscious earlier than normal when waking up and your body is still paralyzed. It's often accompanied by seeing shadowy figures or auditory hallucinations too.
SS32 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-29-2012, 03:07 PM   #59
Sara504
Lieutenant General
 
Sara504's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 335is
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Newport Beach, CA

Posts: 17,672
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS32 View Post
Richard Feynman has said that no one truly understands quantum mechanics, and he made more headway with QM than anyone in recent history. QM can only be described using the most abstract/intangible form possible, pure mathematics; a wavefunction has ZERO physical models. So while I agree with what you're getting at, I don't agree with your wording.




The fact is, if you look for something, you're likely to 'find' it whether or not it actually exists. If you go into a situation having already judged the cause/outcome, you'll look for evidence as ad hoc support of your conclusion.
I sleep with the lights off.. I have a routine. Close my bedroom door, turn off lights, crawl into bed get under covers, check to make sure iPhone is charging, roll over, face wall and go to sleep. Every night...theres no way I would have not turned off the lights. I have a ceiling fan with 3 bright ass lights on it and I wouldnt have been able to fall asleep if it was on.
__________________

2013 335is-Current
2011 335i -Sold 4/13 2006 325i-Sold 7/11
Sara504 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-29-2012, 03:12 PM   #60
FwdFtl
Volcano Knuckles
 
Drives: E60
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Cali

Posts: 253
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS32 View Post
It is called sleep paralysis. When you sleep, your brain shuts down all motor functions so you don't act out your dreams and hurt yourself. Sometimes that kicks in early or you become conscious earlier than normal when waking up and your body is still paralyzed. It's often accompanied by seeing shadowy figures or auditory hallucinations too.
that has got to be one of the best explanations i've heard. now i need to return the gallon of holy water from costco.

but really, thanks.
FwdFtl is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-29-2012, 03:14 PM   #61
kyleb350
Brigadier General
 
kyleb350's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: LoMbard, IL

Posts: 4,170
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
I sleep with the lights off.. I have a routine. Close my bedroom door, turn off lights, crawl into bed get under covers, check to make sure iPhone is charging, roll over, face wall and go to sleep. Every night...theres no way I would have not turned off the lights. I have a ceiling fan with 3 bright ass lights on it and I wouldnt have been able to fall asleep if it was on.
Are you aware if you've ever sleepwalked? Just eliminating the logical explanations first
kyleb350 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-29-2012, 03:21 PM   #62
Sara504
Lieutenant General
 
Sara504's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 335is
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Newport Beach, CA

Posts: 17,672
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleb350 View Post
Are you aware if you've ever sleepwalked? Just eliminating the logical explanations first
Not that Im aware of. No ones ever told me that I have before. Its funny because we were talking about it at work this since one of the attorneys had something happen in his house over the weekend. Im going to hang that same picture back up in a different location in my room and see if anything happens over the next few weeks.
__________________

2013 335is-Current
2011 335i -Sold 4/13 2006 325i-Sold 7/11
Sara504 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-29-2012, 08:21 PM   #63
IFX
Banned
 
Drives: AW e46M/N54
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South Fla.

Posts: 2,538
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
Not that Im aware of. No ones ever told me that I have before. Its funny because we were talking about it at work this since one of the attorneys had something happen in his house over the weekend. Im going to hang that same picture back up in a different location in my room and see if anything happens over the next few weeks.


Just clarifying, your a female right?


You've got bigger balls than me, I would've tossed that picture out the first time that incident happened.
IFX is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-30-2012, 07:15 AM   #64
///Mandy
N54 <3
 
///Mandy's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 335xi
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Here.

Posts: 1,559
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFX View Post
Just clarifying, your a female right?


You've got bigger balls than me, I would've tossed that picture out the first time that incident happened.
Same here.
__________________

E90 335xi|Nav pkg|Sport pkg|Dakota leather|Brushed aluminum trim|MTech kit
///Mandy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-30-2012, 07:25 AM   #65
Fox128i
First Lieutenant
 
Fox128i's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 E82
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Dromund Kaas

Posts: 317
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 128i  [4.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS32 View Post
It is called sleep paralysis. When you sleep, your brain shuts down all motor functions so you don't act out your dreams and hurt yourself. Sometimes that kicks in early or you become conscious earlier than normal when waking up and your body is still paralyzed. It's often accompanied by seeing shadowy figures or auditory hallucinations too.
Indeed! A very real thing and freaky as you know what when it happens to you.
__________________
Deutsche Bahn, DB | Österreichische Bundesbahnen, ÖBB | Schweizerische Bundesbahnen, SBB
Fox128i is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      05-30-2012, 07:34 AM   #66
Sara504
Lieutenant General
 
Sara504's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 335is
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Newport Beach, CA

Posts: 17,672
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFX View Post
Just clarifying, your a female right?


You've got bigger balls than me, I would've tossed that picture out the first time that incident happened.
Yes Im a lady lol. Hung the picture back up this morning before I headed out for work. I put it on the same wall just about 5 feet left of where it was hangning.
__________________

2013 335is-Current
2011 335i -Sold 4/13 2006 325i-Sold 7/11
Sara504 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
8pgs of leg humping itt

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:36 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST