BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada
 
OneEighty
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-25-2012, 10:17 PM   #111
Prince_of_Persia
Colonel
Canada
23

 
Prince_of_Persia's Avatar
 
Drives: 6MT E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vancouver, BC


Posts: 2,383
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by redline9001 View Post
I think a new value stem cap should fix it right up...

Hopefully, BMW Gallery is saying they might have to replace Throttle Actuator and DME.
__________________

AW|FR 6MT E92 ///M3
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2012, 01:30 AM   #112
Taunto
Car Enthusiast
Canada
1

 
Taunto's Avatar
 
Drives: 05 CB M3 SMG
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Sylvan Lake


Posts: 100
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to Taunto Send a message via Skype™ to Taunto
Hope it gets fixed ASAP bro. Would suck if the car is in the shop on the big day
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2012, 11:39 AM   #113
Prince_of_Persia
Colonel
Canada
23

 
Prince_of_Persia's Avatar
 
Drives: 6MT E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vancouver, BC


Posts: 2,383
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taunto View Post
Hope it gets fixed ASAP bro. Would suck if the car is in the shop on the big day
Yeah, I hope they can fix it quickly. It seems like the DME part has to be ordered from Germany (if that has to be replaced too).
__________________

AW|FR 6MT E92 ///M3
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2012, 01:45 PM   #114
Tracus
Lieutenant
5

 
Tracus's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Canada


Posts: 554
iTrader: (0)

If an X1 is welcome I would like to come to. let me know.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2012, 02:15 PM   #115
BMW Fanatic
Banned
Canada
33

 
Drives: slow
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Calgary


Posts: 3,314
iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracus View Post
If an X1 is welcome I would like to come to. let me know.
Everyone is welcome!
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2012, 03:18 PM   #116
Tracus
Lieutenant
5

 
Tracus's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Canada


Posts: 554
iTrader: (0)

Ok gentlemen, then you can count me in! June 2nd sounds perfect for me.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2012, 03:35 PM   #117
Prince_of_Persia
Colonel
Canada
23

 
Prince_of_Persia's Avatar
 
Drives: 6MT E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vancouver, BC


Posts: 2,383
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracus View Post
Ok gentlemen, then you can count me in! June 2nd sounds perfect for me.
Awesome!
__________________

AW|FR 6MT E92 ///M3
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2012, 01:28 AM   #118
Prince_of_Persia
Colonel
Canada
23

 
Prince_of_Persia's Avatar
 
Drives: 6MT E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vancouver, BC


Posts: 2,383
iTrader: (1)

Initial post got updated (Final Edit)
Please review and make sure everything is okay with you guys. Let me know if you think anything has to be changed.

Thanks!
__________________

AW|FR 6MT E92 ///M3
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2012, 01:58 AM   #119
Augustus
New Member
0

 
Drives: E46 M3 SMG
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Alberta, CAnada


Posts: 14
iTrader: (0)

Looking great! I cant wait. It'll be my very first BMW meet
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2012, 11:01 AM   #120
stefan
Colonel
Canada
21

 
stefan's Avatar
 
Drives: E92M3
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Calgary


Posts: 2,147
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
1999 VF BMW M3  [5.00]
2001 BMW M5  [0.00]
2008 135i  [5.00]
2003 M3  [3.10]
2011.75 BMW M3  [4.17]
2009 STi  [3.83]
We should call ahead at the restaurant. We're now at what, about 30-35 of us including SOs? What's the capacity of the place?
__________________
///M Power - 2011.75 LMB M3 6MT (fuelly)
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2012, 11:55 AM   #121
Prince_of_Persia
Colonel
Canada
23

 
Prince_of_Persia's Avatar
 
Drives: 6MT E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vancouver, BC


Posts: 2,383
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
We should call ahead at the restaurant. We're now at what, about 30-35 of us including SOs? What's the capacity of the place?
It seems like that they have a big place. I suggest booking for 25 people for now. What do you guys think?
__________________

AW|FR 6MT E92 ///M3
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2012, 07:52 PM   #122
Taunto
Car Enthusiast
Canada
1

 
Taunto's Avatar
 
Drives: 05 CB M3 SMG
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Sylvan Lake


Posts: 100
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to Taunto Send a message via Skype™ to Taunto
25 sounds reasonable..do they offer a group buy lol jk
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2012, 09:13 PM   #123
Prince_of_Persia
Colonel
Canada
23

 
Prince_of_Persia's Avatar
 
Drives: 6MT E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vancouver, BC


Posts: 2,383
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taunto View Post
25 sounds reasonable..do they offer a group buy lol jk
I can ask for it lol
__________________

AW|FR 6MT E92 ///M3
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2012, 08:28 AM   #124
Prince_of_Persia
Colonel
Canada
23

 
Prince_of_Persia's Avatar
 
Drives: 6MT E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vancouver, BC


Posts: 2,383
iTrader: (1)

Just spoke with my service advisor. He told me ordering a DME will take a lot of time so if they have to replace the Throttle Actuator and DME together, my car definitely will not be done till this Saturday. In that case, I hope you guys have a lot of fun!
__________________

AW|FR 6MT E92 ///M3
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2012, 11:22 AM   #125
mgwatson48
Lieutenant
Canada
4

 
mgwatson48's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E86 M
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Canada


Posts: 493
iTrader: (2)

Sorry to hear that Mo! You should still bum a ride with a friend or something.

I'll be there!
__________________
SOLD: 2008 M Coupe
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2012, 11:33 AM   #126
Prince_of_Persia
Colonel
Canada
23

 
Prince_of_Persia's Avatar
 
Drives: 6MT E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vancouver, BC


Posts: 2,383
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgwatson48
Sorry to hear that Mo! You should still bum a ride with a friend or something.

I'll be there!
Will do my best. Gonna push BMW Gallery first to finish the job.
__________________

AW|FR 6MT E92 ///M3
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2012, 02:05 PM   #127
miguex@ecuprogram
Second Lieutenant
Canada
2

 
miguex@ecuprogram's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 X5 M
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Calgary, AB


Posts: 206
iTrader: (3)

Send a message via Skype™ to miguex@ecuprogram
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_of_Persia View Post
Just spoke with my service advisor. He told me ordering a DME will take a lot of time so if they have to replace the Throttle Actuator and DME together, my car definitely will not be done till this Saturday. In that case, I hope you guys have a lot of fun!
at least you can use the X1 loaner! it is still a BMW!!! why not!?
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2012, 03:37 PM   #128
Prince_of_Persia
Colonel
Canada
23

 
Prince_of_Persia's Avatar
 
Drives: 6MT E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vancouver, BC


Posts: 2,383
iTrader: (1)

So I am officially out, sorry guys!

Both throttle actuators nees to be replaced, it has to be ordered from Germany and it will take 2-3 weeks (based on BMW Gallery) to get the part

I have to retun the X1 as well and they are getting me a rental car instead. It seems like BMW loaners are paid by warranty only for 24 hours. After that, it has to be a rental car.

It sucks!
__________________

AW|FR 6MT E92 ///M3

Last edited by Prince_of_Persia; 05-28-2012 at 03:43 PM.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2012, 03:51 PM   #129
BMW Fanatic
Banned
Canada
33

 
Drives: slow
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Calgary


Posts: 3,314
iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_of_Persia View Post
So I am officially out, sorry guys!

Both throttle actuators nees to be replaced, it has to be ordered from Germany and it will take 2-3 weeks (based on BMW Gallery) to get the part

I have to retun the X1 as well and they are getting me a rental car instead. It seems like BMW loaners are paid by warranty only for 24 hours. After that, it has to be a rental car.

It sucks!
But shouldn't they be giving you a BMW rental? I have personally had a 328i E92 coupe from BMW Calgary for 5 weeks and a 323i E90 from BMW Gallery for 4 days. Don't settle for a Hertz rental.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2012, 04:00 PM   #130
Prince_of_Persia
Colonel
Canada
23

 
Prince_of_Persia's Avatar
 
Drives: 6MT E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vancouver, BC


Posts: 2,383
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Fanatic View Post
But shouldn't they be giving you a BMW rental? I have personally had a 328i E92 coupe from BMW Calgary for 5 weeks and a 323i E90 from BMW Gallery for 4 days. Don't settle for a Hertz rental.
Just called my service advisor and left him a message to see if they can do that.
__________________

AW|FR 6MT E92 ///M3
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2012, 06:01 PM   #131
bigup
Random Car Person
Canada
4

 
bigup's Avatar
 
Drives: Slow M3
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Calgary, AB


Posts: 481
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Send a message via Skype™ to bigup
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_of_Persia View Post
Just called my service advisor and left him a message to see if they can do that.
You shouldn't have to suffer with a rental econobox for 3 weeks... that's brutal.

I'm sure most people driving solo wouldn't mind a co-pilot for the day ... myself included, assuming my car is ready!
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2012, 07:09 PM   #132
Taunto
Car Enthusiast
Canada
1

 
Taunto's Avatar
 
Drives: 05 CB M3 SMG
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Sylvan Lake


Posts: 100
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to Taunto Send a message via Skype™ to Taunto
call up ZR Auto and rent out one of the Ferrari's for the day lol. Sorry to hear about your car tho.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:25 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST