BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)
 
ESS Tuning
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-29-2012, 05:10 PM   #45
///Mobbin
Private First Class
2
Rep
108
Posts

 
Drives: C2S
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Houston

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaustria View Post
Thanks!
No problem! Did they quote you decent rates? Curious what others are seeing.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2012, 05:19 PM   #46
deepfriedbutter
Private First Class
2
Rep
102
Posts

 
Drives: 08 e90 M3
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mobbin View Post
No problem! Did they quote you decent rates? Curious what others are seeing.
Still getting this error: "We are unable to offer this product at this time." after clicking "get a quote"
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2012, 10:14 PM   #47
chief
Second Lieutenant
chief's Avatar
United_States
6
Rep
257
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 Melbourne Red M3 Coupe
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Riverside, California

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [4.67]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaustria View Post
Still getting this error: "We are unable to offer this product at this time." after clicking "get a quote"
If you continue to get this error or plain ol' having difficulties navigating around the USAA site, just give customer service a call at 1-800-531-USAA (8722) and they'll get you the information you need.

Mobbin - good to hear you got a solid deal. Great price by the way! I'm sure it has everything to do with the age and mileage on your car. I assume that your plan is similar to the one I previously posted?

Chief

Last edited by chief; 03-13-2012 at 11:08 PM.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2012, 05:01 PM   #48
deepfriedbutter
Private First Class
2
Rep
102
Posts

 
Drives: 08 e90 M3
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by chief View Post
If you continue to get this error or plain ol' having difficulties navigating around the USAA site, just give customer service a call at 1-800-531-USAA (8722) and they'll get you the information you need.

Mobbin - good to hear you got a solid deal. Great price by the way! I'm sure it has everything to do with the age and mileage on your car. I assume that your plan is similar to the one I previously posted?

Chief
I'm thinking this is because I wasn't in the military?
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2012, 07:58 PM   #49
snohman82
New Member
0
Rep
17
Posts

 
Drives: n/a
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (0)

it does look like you can call and ask about the extended vehicle plan because its one of their products that they allow individuals outside of any sort of military service to participate in.

am also interested but more interested to see if it does cover any issues to the DCT.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2012, 11:17 PM   #50
fuzzybam
Private First Class
United_States
1
Rep
197
Posts

 
Drives: One with wheels
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Thread is relative to my interests.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2012, 08:51 AM   #51
Georgeair
Captain
10
Rep
757
Posts

 
Drives: '08 Melbourne E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: McKinney, TX

iTrader: (2)

Help me understand - can I purchase the warranty through USAA even though I don't have any other coverage with them currently?
__________________
Objects in mirror are slower than they appear.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2012, 10:04 AM   #52
gatorfast
Colonel
gatorfast's Avatar
33
Rep
2,675
Posts

 
Drives: MR E90 M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: SoFla

iTrader: (3)

I called USAA over the weekend and you can NOT purchase the extended warranty through them unless you have an affiliation with the military.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2012, 04:15 PM   #53
Giggs
Major
Giggs's Avatar
United_States
23
Rep
1,131
Posts

 
Drives: R8
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (5)

I just spoke with USAA and I am prior US military. They said that if you live in California the only way they can extend the warranty on a vehicle in this state is to be part of a purchase or refinance vehicle loan. This is due to the fact that California's insurance commission views an extended warranty as a type of insurance. He ran the numbers on my vehicle anyway to see what it would cost for the extended policy. My car currently has 42,000 miles and is fully covered by BMW until October 2012. He said my vehicle fell under the "36,000 to 43,000" mile category. For an extended policy for an additional 48 months (from the time I purchase the policy) up to 100,000 total vehicle miles, it would cost $6,457. Based on what I've read so far on this post this is really expensive! Anyone else in California have a similar experience?
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2012, 12:14 AM   #54
Bpark1977
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
37
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Orange county, ca

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggs
I just spoke with USAA and I am prior US military. They said that if you live in California the only way they can extend the warranty on a vehicle in this state is to be part of a purchase or refinance vehicle loan. This is due to the fact that California's insurance commission views an extended warranty as a type of insurance. He ran the numbers on my vehicle anyway to see what it would cost for the extended policy. My car currently has 42,000 miles and is fully covered by BMW until October 2012. He said my vehicle fell under the "36,000 to 43,000" mile category. For an extended policy for an additional 48 months (from the time I purchase the policy) up to 100,000 total vehicle miles, it would cost $6,457. Based on what I've read so far on this post this is really expensive! Anyone else in California have a similar experience?
I PM'd you about this. I can help.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2012, 05:32 PM   #55
JerezBlacke92
Jabowocky
JerezBlacke92's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
65
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 Jerez Black
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Virginia

iTrader: (0)

My 2008 warranty is about to exceed the 4 part of the 4/50000 and the local dealer is offering a package from Fidelity Warranty Services. It has powertrain through most of the electronics but I don't see iDrive/Nav. The prices are different for lengths and he says he can work some deal of about 10%. This is not maintenance but seems to include brake pads / rotors for a price. It says it is transferable when re-sold. Any thoughts or experiences with Fidelity?
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Fidelity Warranty Services.pdf (307.8 KB, 124 views)
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2012, 06:01 PM   #56
sello
Private First Class
1
Rep
172
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 BMW M3
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: CT

iTrader: (0)

i had fidelity before took eons to recieve my partial refund when i sold my car. for some reason they wouldnt send it directly to me it had to go to the dealership where i purchased it from first....to me it doesnt make sense. i paid my loan in full therefore my warranty was paid and they wanted to send it to a dealer i bought my car from 2 years prior. kinda lame if u ask me
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2012, 06:45 PM   #57
JerezBlacke92
Jabowocky
JerezBlacke92's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
65
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 Jerez Black
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Virginia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sello View Post
i had fidelity before took eons to recieve my partial refund when i sold my car. for some reason they wouldnt send it directly to me it had to go to the dealership where i purchased it from first....to me it doesnt make sense. i paid my loan in full therefore my warranty was paid and they wanted to send it to a dealer i bought my car from 2 years prior. kinda lame if u ask me
Agreed! Couldn't you transfer it to the new owner?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2012, 07:49 AM   #58
mjposner
Major
mjposner's Avatar
United_States
38
Rep
1,213
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 E93 M3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: US

iTrader: (2)

I think there is a major jump in warranty price from under 36k to over 36k. I have 33k and was quoted about $4,500 for 48/100.
__________________
Previous BMW: 14 M235i, 11 BMW M3; 08 BMW M3; 08 BMW Z4M; 04 X3; 02 M3 Convertible; 02 M3; 00 M Roadster; 94 325 convertible; 85 635csi
My other ride: www.mjposner.com/corvair
Check out my Mountain retreat:www.blueridge-rental.com
My Car Photo Blog: http://carfisheye.blogspot.com/
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2012, 01:35 PM   #59
WarrantyTracker
Track? What Track? I was just riding along . . .
United_States
8
Rep
571
Posts

 
Drives: Alpine White E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: An Undisclosed Location

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief View Post
Here are the two Extended Vehicle Warranty Samples I received.

One if from USAA and the other from Zurich through a BMW Dealer.
I suppose this is common, but both contracts require all scheduled maintenance to be performed as outlined in the owners manual. There is some flexibility to do the work yourself, with parts receipts (but it's tricky). I would be very careful to get the shop performing the service to itemize each procedure (rather than just putting down "Inspection II" or whatever).

On one of my cars the dealer "forgot" to replace the brake fluid at the 2-year oil change, and I just let it go until the third oil change, rather than bringing it back. I guess I would be forever screwed on brake coverage now, if I tried to buy a warranty later.

The starting date for the months covered by each sample contract could vary, starting at the in-service date (for example, first time the car was registered) for some plans or the date the warranty was purchased for other plans. The contracts are designed to cover both alternatives, so it would depend on which plan you actually bought. For some of the plan options, there is coverage for engine and drive train listed as a covered item in the coverage schedule, but the term of coverage provisions exclude engine and drive train.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2012, 10:29 PM   #60
chief
Second Lieutenant
chief's Avatar
United_States
6
Rep
257
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 Melbourne Red M3 Coupe
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Riverside, California

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [4.67]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBasham View Post
The starting date for the months covered by each sample contract could vary, starting at the in-service date (for example, first time the car was registered) for some plans or the date the warranty was purchased for other plans. The contracts are designed to cover both alternatives, so it would depend on which plan you actually bought. For some of the plan options, there is coverage for engine and drive train listed as a covered item in the coverage schedule, but the term of coverage provisions exclude engine and drive train.
Some of the variances in the contracts can be attributed to varying state regulations. If I recall correctly, here in California these warranties must be purchased at the time you purchase or finance the vehicle. Additionally, the included and excluded coverage may also be dictated by regulation.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2012, 10:33 PM   #61
chief
Second Lieutenant
chief's Avatar
United_States
6
Rep
257
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 Melbourne Red M3 Coupe
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Riverside, California

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [4.67]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerezBlacke92 View Post
My 2008 warranty is about to exceed the 4 part of the 4/50000 and the local dealer is offering a package from Fidelity Warranty Services. It has powertrain through most of the electronics but I don't see iDrive/Nav. The prices are different for lengths and he says he can work some deal of about 10%. This is not maintenance but seems to include brake pads / rotors for a price. It says it is transferable when re-sold. Any thoughts or experiences with Fidelity?
First, Thank you for sharing your contract.

Second, I spoke to several dealers (non BMW) who routinely sell Fidelity. According these folks Fidelity is a major player in the extended warranty business. As such, you are going to find good and bad feedback on these guys.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2012, 10:59 PM   #62
Nuke818
Private First Class
Nuke818's Avatar
2
Rep
120
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Tucson, AZ

iTrader: (0)

I spoke with USAA today and they quoted me the following:

4yr/100,000 for $1,761
5yr/100,000 for $1,993
6yr/100,000 for $2,647

This is for the comprehensive plan and there is not deductible for a claim. It obviously doesn't cover wear and tear.

If you want to get a warranty on a vehicle that is already out of warranty it is pretty expensive. For example, if you want coverage on a 2010 M3 Coupe it is $6,500 for the 6yr/100,000 plan.

Here is the link incase anyone is curious what it covers.
https://www.usaa.com/inet/pages/exte...rogram_details
Hope this.
__________________
2013 E92 M3
Space Grey/Fox Red Novillo

Appreciate 0
      09-29-2012, 01:31 PM   #63
chief
Second Lieutenant
chief's Avatar
United_States
6
Rep
257
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 Melbourne Red M3 Coupe
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Riverside, California

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [4.67]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuke818 View Post
I spoke with USAA today and they quoted me the following:

4yr/100,000 for $1,761
5yr/100,000 for $1,993
6yr/100,000 for $2,647

This is for the comprehensive plan and there is not deductible for a claim. It obviously doesn't cover wear and tear...Hope this.
What year is your M? And did you choose one of these options?

Thanks for sharing your info

Chief
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2012, 01:41 PM   #64
ussoldierforhire
Lieutenant
United_States
16
Rep
561
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 M3 E92
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Virginia Beach, VA

iTrader: (1)

Just switched all my insurance from usaa to progressive and moved my bank accounts to PNC. Usaa service has been lackluster for me the past year.
__________________
ESS VT2-625 & other stuff.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2012, 10:26 PM   #65
racedoc11
Major
racedoc11's Avatar
United_States
24
Rep
1,274
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 Audi RS5 & 08 M3 E93 SOLD
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: USA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2013 Audi RS5  [5.00]
2008 E93 M3  [5.00]
I was quoted $5100 for extra 3 year BMW Platinum plan today...I will pass and take my chances.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2012, 11:36 PM   #66
Nuke818
Private First Class
Nuke818's Avatar
2
Rep
120
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Tucson, AZ

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief View Post
What year is your M? And did you choose one of these options?

Thanks for sharing your info

Chief
My car is a 2013. I'm actually in status 193 so I'm still waiting to get it. I am planning of getting the USAA comprehensive just not sure if I am going to get it right away. The good thing about having it is that it runs with the factory warranty so you have two way coverage. The dealer quoted me $5870 for the platinum 7yr/70,000 and theres no way I am paying that. I plan on going through both the warrantees more closely and identifying exactly what is and isn't covered. I'll make sure to post my findings.
__________________
2013 E92 M3
Space Grey/Fox Red Novillo

Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:20 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST