BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Australia
 
Racewerkz Engineering
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-04-2012, 03:11 AM   #1
HPP-M3
Enlisted Member
 
HPP-M3's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Posts: 34
iTrader: (0)

Forgeline Special + Experienced Set Feeler

Hi Guys

Disclosure upfront - my company Harrop is the distributor for Forgeline wheels in Australia.

For the month of May only we are offering free freight on orders placed and deposits taken.

I am also considering selling the DE3P set on my car for a different style to mix it up. Front 20x9.5 (255/30) & Rear 20x11 (305/25) - 90% PS2s, may include.

Let me know if there is any interest.

Thanks
Heath
Attached Images
  
HPP-M3 is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      05-04-2012, 03:57 AM   #2
pavo335
Banned
 
pavo335's Avatar
 
Drives: 3.5 wheeler
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: sydney

Posts: 2,981
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPP-M3
Hi Guys

Disclosure upfront - my company Harrop is the distributor for Forgeline wheels in Australia.

For the month of May only we are offering free freight on orders placed and deposits taken.

I am also considering selling the DE3P set on my car for a different style to mix it up. Front 20x9.5 (255/30) & Rear 20x11 (305/25) - 90% PS2s, may include.

Let me know if there is any interest.

Thanks
Heath
Dude unless you are a sponsor this will be deleted ASAP .

You might want to be less
Honest and more "hey dudes have you seen these...."
pavo335 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-04-2012, 04:05 AM   #3
HPP-M3
Enlisted Member
 
HPP-M3's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Posts: 34
iTrader: (0)

I absolutely realise that, have tried twice to become a sponsor with no response.

Administrators please follow me up...
HPP-M3 is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      05-06-2012, 08:37 PM   #4
RobH
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: MX5 SP (Turbo)
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Posts: 30
iTrader: (0)

mmmm, Harrop

Harrop calipers look fantastic on your M3 (assuming they are Harrop). Hope you are able to become a sponser, Would be v happy to deal with Harrop in the future!
__________________
In the market for an 6MT E92 with CF roof
Drives E70 3.0 D Sport & MX5 SP (Turbo)
RobH is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      05-07-2012, 06:09 AM   #5
HPP-M3
Enlisted Member
 
HPP-M3's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Posts: 34
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH View Post
mmmm, Harrop

Harrop calipers look fantastic on your M3 (assuming they are Harrop). Hope you are able to become a sponser, Would be v happy to deal with Harrop in the future!
Unfortunately still no word on becoming a sponsor..

Thanks for the positive words, the brake kit is designed and manufactured in-house at Harrop, 6pis 381mm bobbin drive for the front and 4pis 356mm at the rear. Once released will offer yellow, silver, black & red calipers options.

I also have a set of 18"x10" GA3R track wheels that clear this brake kit.
HPP-M3 is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      05-07-2012, 07:31 AM   #6
DaveDee
If there is no problem-more power is the solution
 
DaveDee's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3 Edition M-DCT
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Gold Coast Australia

Posts: 644
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Send a message via Skype™ to DaveDee
Nice
What's the load index on the tyres
Did you have to take out any guard lining to stop abrasion?
305s look great btw
__________________
DaveDee is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      05-07-2012, 10:35 PM   #7
HPP-M3
Enlisted Member
 
HPP-M3's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Posts: 34
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDee View Post
Nice
What's the load index on the tyres
Did you have to take out any guard lining to stop abrasion?
305s look great btw
Thanks
Fronts are 92Y and Rear 97Y
No guard lining is removed
Here is a close up of the front wheel before the pads (Ferodo DS3000) were bed in..
Attached Images
  
HPP-M3 is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      05-08-2012, 01:02 AM   #8
RobH
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: MX5 SP (Turbo)
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Posts: 30
iTrader: (0)

Didn't realise the wheels were also branded Harrop. How much are they for a set? Do you do them in 19s?
__________________
In the market for an 6MT E92 with CF roof
Drives E70 3.0 D Sport & MX5 SP (Turbo)
RobH is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      05-08-2012, 01:46 AM   #9
HPP-M3
Enlisted Member
 
HPP-M3's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Posts: 34
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH View Post
Didn't realise the wheels were also branded Harrop. How much are they for a set? Do you do them in 19s?
This style, DE3P, can be made in sizes from 18x7.5 to 20x16 so yes 19 is no problem. We have our logo on this style with the hidden harware.

Pricing varies depending on size and finish chosen, the Forgeline website has plenty of info:

http://www.forgeline.com/products/pr...de3p&pricing=1

Or call us on 1300-HARROP

PS - Still waiting on sponsorship request response..
HPP-M3 is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      05-08-2012, 06:43 PM   #10
DaveDee
If there is no problem-more power is the solution
 
DaveDee's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3 Edition M-DCT
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Gold Coast Australia

Posts: 644
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Send a message via Skype™ to DaveDee
These wheels do look amazing but the load index of 92Y for the front tyres is a lower rating than the tyre placard (Rear 98Y, 97Y front 93Y) therefore a very high risk (definite with NRMA) that the car insurance is void.

Is there a 20" tyre that complies with the load index and makes 20" rims OK to use without increasing the width so bodywork is required. I notice the rear 305mm tyres are OK with a 97Y but I'm surprised they don't hit.

The only reason this comment is being made is that some members may not realise the insurance risk associated with this setup so don't please take the comment the wrong way
__________________
DaveDee is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      05-09-2012, 04:07 PM   #11
HPP-M3
Enlisted Member
 
HPP-M3's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Posts: 34
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDee View Post
These wheels do look amazing but the load index of 92Y for the front tyres is a lower rating than the tyre placard (Rear 98Y, 97Y front 93Y) therefore a very high risk (definite with NRMA) that the car insurance is void.

Is there a 20" tyre that complies with the load index and makes 20" rims OK to use without increasing the width so bodywork is required. I notice the rear 305mm tyres are OK with a 97Y but I'm surprised they don't hit.

The only reason this comment is being made is that some members may not realise the insurance risk associated with this setup so don't please take the comment the wrong way

That is a valid point and anyone fitting 20" wheels for complete peace of mind should confirm with their insurance company if they are concerned about coverage.

There are no 20" tires that fit the M3 with the 93Y load index. The 255/30R20 with 92Y is the closest available. There is a 20kg difference between the 2 which in reality is not much, especially when you consider that BMW is specifying that index for a fully loaded M3 with people and luggage.
HPP-M3 is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      05-18-2012, 05:18 AM   #12
BMWPWR
Second Lieutenant
 
BMWPWR's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 ///M3
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: ///M

Posts: 223
iTrader: (0)

Nice M3! Brakes/Wheel combo looks awesome! Didn't realize Harrop mod BMW's... Used to have a HSV GTS and the brakes you sell for them are massive..
BMWPWR is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:49 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST