BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs
 
VF Engineering
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-15-2012, 08:48 PM   #1
rjd598
Brigadier General
 
rjd598's Avatar
 
Drives: 10' M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Diego,CA

Posts: 4,259
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [4.50]
1999 BMW M3  [0.00]
Mf applicator pads

I was wondering how the pros or any of you guys keep your applicator pads clean? For wax/sealant/tire shine use is what im talking about and specifically for now tire used applicator pad. I used a blue one on a tire that was still dirty and normal water couldn't get out all the black crap that was left on from the tire. any help would be great!
__________________
10 E90 M3/dct/ztp/zpp/heated seats/eps/19'/iPod
retired- 08 535i/nav/prem./L7/ipod
retired- 06 325i/nav/prem./sat/xenons/style 128

rjd598 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-15-2012, 08:53 PM   #2
Z K
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Z K's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: San Francisco

Posts: 1,868
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd598 View Post
I was wondering how the pros or any of you guys keep your applicator pads clean? For wax/sealant/tire shine use is what im talking about and specifically for now tire used applicator pad. I used a blue one on a tire that was still dirty and normal water couldn't get out all the black crap that was left on from the tire. any help would be great!
You can use microfiber detergent to wash it out. Search for it on some detailing vendor web sites. I throw all my used microfibers into the washing machine with some microfiber wash and let it run. It all comes out clean.
Z K is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-15-2012, 11:02 PM   #3
rjd598
Brigadier General
 
rjd598's Avatar
 
Drives: 10' M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Diego,CA

Posts: 4,259
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [4.50]
1999 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z K View Post
You can use microfiber detergent to wash it out. Search for it on some detailing vendor web sites. I throw all my used microfibers into the washing machine with some microfiber wash and let it run. It all comes out clean.
Great wasnt sure if that would work or not. I already use chemical guys mf detergent on mf towels and it works great. I'll throw the applicator pads in there next time and see how it turns out
__________________
10 E90 M3/dct/ztp/zpp/heated seats/eps/19'/iPod
retired- 08 535i/nav/prem./L7/ipod
retired- 06 325i/nav/prem./sat/xenons/style 128

rjd598 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-15-2012, 11:18 PM   #4
rjd598
Brigadier General
 
rjd598's Avatar
 
Drives: 10' M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Diego,CA

Posts: 4,259
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [4.50]
1999 BMW M3  [0.00]
Also what about foam applicator pads? I have alot of dirty ones that won't rinse out with water
__________________
10 E90 M3/dct/ztp/zpp/heated seats/eps/19'/iPod
retired- 08 535i/nav/prem./L7/ipod
retired- 06 325i/nav/prem./sat/xenons/style 128

rjd598 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-15-2012, 11:27 PM   #5
Z K
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Z K's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: San Francisco

Posts: 1,868
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd598 View Post
Also what about foam applicator pads? I have alot of dirty ones that won't rinse out with water
I wash the foam applicators with microfiber wash too.

For real nasty foam pads you can use Dawn power dissolver. I use this to clean foam polishing pads I use with the porter cable polisher.

http://www.dawn-dish.com/us/dawn/product/037000006329
Z K is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:03 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST