BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - California
 
OneEighty
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-07-2012, 09:12 PM   #10473
cooler2442
Brigadier General
126

 
Drives: '11 135 Sport DCT
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: The Valley, Los Angeles


Posts: 3,818
iTrader: (6)

Send a message via AIM to cooler2442 Send a message via Skype™ to cooler2442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes. View Post
Sucks. Did the cop give you any sort of break?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor .:R View Post
Sucks! How fast? Yea Jammers FTW!
Ya, he clocked me 61 in a 35 but brought it down to 59 since he said 60+ means I wouldn't be able to do traffic school.


Going to do a trial by declaration first on it and hope for the best.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2012, 09:34 PM   #10474
WesleyC
Colonel
United_States
47

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Dec 2008


Posts: 2,893
iTrader: (20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooler2442 View Post
Ya, he clocked me 61 in a 35 but brought it down to 59 since he said 60+ means I wouldn't be able to do traffic school.


Going to do a trial by declaration first on it and hope for the best.
Are you going to go through the company that sponsored your car lol?
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2012, 09:36 PM   #10475
cooler2442
Brigadier General
126

 
Drives: '11 135 Sport DCT
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: The Valley, Los Angeles


Posts: 3,818
iTrader: (6)

Send a message via AIM to cooler2442 Send a message via Skype™ to cooler2442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes. View Post
Are you going to go through the company that sponsored your car lol?
Not unless I lose the trial by declaration. Because they would probably ask that I wear the vinyl for another 1-2months for them to take care of the ticket.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2012, 10:35 PM   #10476
WesleyC
Colonel
United_States
47

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Dec 2008


Posts: 2,893
iTrader: (20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooler2442 View Post
Not unless I lose the trial by declaration. Because they would probably ask that I wear the vinyl for another 1-2months for them to take care of the ticket.
Is trial by declaration really the best way to go? Going in front of the judge, admitting fault and asking for a reduction almost always leads to a nice reduction (~50%).
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2012, 10:41 PM   #10477
cooler2442
Brigadier General
126

 
Drives: '11 135 Sport DCT
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: The Valley, Los Angeles


Posts: 3,818
iTrader: (6)

Send a message via AIM to cooler2442 Send a message via Skype™ to cooler2442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes. View Post
Is trial by declaration really the best way to go? Going in front of the judge, admitting fault and asking for a reduction almost always leads to a nice reduction (~50%).
You can still do that if you lose the trial by declaration since you would request a trial de novo which wipes your previous judge's judgement and lets you go in front of a new judge. But usually the way 99% of people beat tickets is to just do the trial by declaration by mail since I think most cops hate doing that paperwork while they actually get paid extra to go to court.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2012, 11:02 PM   #10478
WesleyC
Colonel
United_States
47

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Dec 2008


Posts: 2,893
iTrader: (20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooler2442 View Post
You can still do that if you lose the trial by declaration since you would request a trial de novo which wipes your previous judge's judgement and lets you go in front of a new judge. But usually the way 99% of people beat tickets is to just do the trial by declaration by mail since I think most cops hate doing that paperwork while they actually get paid extra to go to court.
Does the same apply for red light camera tickets?
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2012, 11:04 PM   #10479
cooler2442
Brigadier General
126

 
Drives: '11 135 Sport DCT
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: The Valley, Los Angeles


Posts: 3,818
iTrader: (6)

Send a message via AIM to cooler2442 Send a message via Skype™ to cooler2442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes. View Post
Does the same apply for red light camera tickets?
Yup, I believe so.

Check out TicketAssassin, friend said he used it and won 13 tickets lol. You don't even have to pay up front, based on the honor system.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2012, 11:31 PM   #10480
E90///M3`
Major General
Philippines
70

 
Drives: 2008 E90M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Daly City -4- Work///Camarillo is Home


Posts: 5,278
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW E90 M3  [3.80]
speaking of speeding tickets... you don't want to know what another ESS car and I got caught doing this weekend. puahahahaha
__________________
- Jason P
:Have: 08 E90M3, Varis VRS Front Lip, LS3, ESS Supercharger, Arqray Exhaust, Neez Wheels
:Want: VRS Carbon GT Wing & Cooling Bonnet, LCI Taillights
:Videos: EnvyRidesTV, GPR 1, GPR 2, GPR 3, ///MFEST
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2012, 11:37 PM   #10481
WesleyC
Colonel
United_States
47

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Dec 2008


Posts: 2,893
iTrader: (20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooler2442 View Post
Yup, I believe so.

Check out TicketAssassin, friend said he used it and won 13 tickets lol. You don't even have to pay up front, based on the honor system.
Thanks for the suggestion. I recently got busted in Pasadena lol.

I was driving my dads car so the ticket came under his name. I mailed off the form saying that I was the driver, not him, so I should be getting a new ticket (under my name) soon. I'll probably give ticketassassin a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90///M3` View Post
speaking of speeding tickets... you don't want to know what another ESS car and I got caught doing this weekend. puahahahaha
Got caught racing in Mexico?
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2012, 08:46 AM   #10482
Bowser330
Captain
10

 
Drives: F30 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Socal


Posts: 874
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooler2442 View Post
Yup, I believe so.

Check out TicketAssassin, friend said he used it and won 13 tickets lol. You don't even have to pay up front, based on the honor system.
Thanks for the suggestion. I recently got busted in Pasadena lol.

I was driving my dads car so the ticket came under his name. I mailed off the form saying that I was the driver, not him, so I should be getting a new ticket (under my name) soon. I'll probably give ticketassassin a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90///M3` View Post
speaking of speeding tickets... you don't want to know what another ESS car and I got caught doing this weekend. puahahahaha
Got caught racing in Mexico?
What are you doing running reds in Pasadena man? Be careful out there.
I'd ask you at CCC but havnt seen you in awhile. I thought they took those damn things down?
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2012, 09:01 AM   #10483
cooler2442
Brigadier General
126

 
Drives: '11 135 Sport DCT
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: The Valley, Los Angeles


Posts: 3,818
iTrader: (6)

Send a message via AIM to cooler2442 Send a message via Skype™ to cooler2442
Sooooooo, I ended up emailing a laser jammer manufacturer and they gave me some group buy pricing. Am I allowed to make a thread for a group buy on that here on M3post / E90post? I know on 1addicts I can which I already have but I don't post on m3post/e90 to often.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2012, 11:40 AM   #10484
WesleyC
Colonel
United_States
47

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Dec 2008


Posts: 2,893
iTrader: (20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser330 View Post
What are you doing running reds in Pasadena man? Be careful out there.
I'd ask you at CCC but havnt seen you in awhile. I thought they took those damn things down?
Stupid mistake... I just wasn't paying attention. They took them down in the City of LA, but not everywhere in LA County.


Quote:
Originally Posted by cooler2442 View Post
Sooooooo, I ended up emailing a laser jammer manufacturer and they gave me some group buy pricing. Am I allowed to make a thread for a group buy on that here on M3post / E90post? I know on 1addicts I can which I already have but I don't post on m3post/e90 to often.
I don't see why not. It's the same forum.

Also, I really want to go to the next carting event. It looks like a real blast!
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2012, 12:10 PM   #10485
cooler2442
Brigadier General
126

 
Drives: '11 135 Sport DCT
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: The Valley, Los Angeles


Posts: 3,818
iTrader: (6)

Send a message via AIM to cooler2442 Send a message via Skype™ to cooler2442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes. View Post
I don't see why not. It's the same forum.

Also, I really want to go to the next carting event. It looks like a real blast!
I made the threads, hoping it goes well.

Yeah the last karting event was super fun. I had just as much fun in those out door go karts as I do tracking the car. It was kind of even better because you don't have to worry about tires, oil, gas, etc. Had a few people destroy 2 karts as well last time I think and they were just given new ones.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2012, 12:27 PM   #10486
WesleyC
Colonel
United_States
47

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Dec 2008


Posts: 2,893
iTrader: (20)

I've never been karting before so I will probably look like a fool in front of everybody, but that's ok lol. Is there a deadline to sign up?
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2012, 12:41 PM   #10487
cooler2442
Brigadier General
126

 
Drives: '11 135 Sport DCT
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: The Valley, Los Angeles


Posts: 3,818
iTrader: (6)

Send a message via AIM to cooler2442 Send a message via Skype™ to cooler2442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes. View Post
I've never been karting before so I will probably look like a fool in front of everybody, but that's ok lol. Is there a deadline to sign up?
Lol they have a run group set up for that called Virgin. It was actually the most requested group last time since alot of people that have never done karting went, including myself. I was probably the biggest fool at the last event because I wanted intermediate and it was full so they put me into advanced and advanced goes first so when I got on the track I was the first one to spin out. Then I proceeded to spin out about 3 more times in the same session. But it was super fun and the karts are very forgiving, I was doing a ton of power slides Mario Kart style. So then I went down to Virgin but I actually made it to the time attack / Grand Prix but then got knocked out before the finals.


No deadline because the event is capped at 40 spots. So once 40 people sign up it will be done. The last event got filled 2-3 weeks before the actual date of the event so they fill up fast. Also had a waiting list of about 5-7 people and only 1 person on the list ended up getting a spot.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2012, 02:15 PM   #10488
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
642

 
persian54's Avatar
 
Drives: SL550. Prev: E93 M3/335i/Z435i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal


Posts: 15,807
iTrader: (291)

I want to try and go karting !
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2012, 02:22 PM   #10489
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
642

 
persian54's Avatar
 
Drives: SL550. Prev: E93 M3/335i/Z435i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal


Posts: 15,807
iTrader: (291)

btw I thought red light cameras were no longer valid ?

if it's in your dad's name..your dad could have gone and said that wasn't him, and he wasn't sure who had borrowed it that day

when my mom was driving the slk under my dad's name, that's what we did lol
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2012, 03:16 PM   #10490
cooler2442
Brigadier General
126

 
Drives: '11 135 Sport DCT
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: The Valley, Los Angeles


Posts: 3,818
iTrader: (6)

Send a message via AIM to cooler2442 Send a message via Skype™ to cooler2442
Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54
btw I thought red light cameras were no longer valid ?

if it's in your dad's name..your dad could have gone and said that wasn't him, and he wasn't sure who had borrowed it that day

when my mom was driving the slk under my dad's name, that's what we did lol
I think they are only not valid in the city of LA but as you know LA has sub cities where they are still valid. So it all depends exactly where you received the ticket. I'd google you the list of cities that still enforce red light tickets but I'm on my phone lol.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2012, 04:28 PM   #10491
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
642

 
persian54's Avatar
 
Drives: SL550. Prev: E93 M3/335i/Z435i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal


Posts: 15,807
iTrader: (291)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooler2442 View Post
I think they are only not valid in the city of LA but as you know LA has sub cities where they are still valid. So it all depends exactly where you received the ticket. I'd google you the list of cities that still enforce red light tickets but I'm on my phone lol.
oo never knew... interesting..
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2012, 04:35 PM   #10492
M_BYEEE
Brigadier General
United_States
74

 
M_BYEEE's Avatar
 
Drives: Space Gray M3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Camarillo, CA


Posts: 3,193
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
I want to try and go karting !
Would you fit in the karts? jk.....I wonder if they have junior sized ones for me
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2012, 04:47 PM   #10493
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
642

 
persian54's Avatar
 
Drives: SL550. Prev: E93 M3/335i/Z435i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal


Posts: 15,807
iTrader: (291)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amg135i View Post
Would you fit in the karts? jk.....I wonder if they have junior sized ones for me
Next time I see you, you're getting your birthday punches. and HARD ones
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2012, 05:22 PM   #10494
M_BYEEE
Brigadier General
United_States
74

 
M_BYEEE's Avatar
 
Drives: Space Gray M3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Camarillo, CA


Posts: 3,193
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
Next time I see you, you're getting your birthday punches. and HARD ones
Hahahaha I kid...I kid!
__________________
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
1day riz will have an m3, i owe jason :d, james loves nails, jamie <3s octomom, jason wears lizard shoes!, persian hates women, riz gives out handjobs, riz has sulfur ass, riz is happy with dps, wes = megakooni, wes is too flashy, yousif da traitor

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:39 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST