BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA

GTB Performance

05-07-2012, 03:54 PM   #1
JBe92m3NY

Drives: BMW M3 e92 ZCP 2011.75

Does anyone in the area have the Challenge GT carbon front lip spoiler? I'm considering getting this lip, but with the roads being the way they are in the Tri-State area, I was wondering how manageable it is to have this lip as a daily driver. By the way, I have the competition package (ZCP), so my car is slightly lower than a non-ZCP M3. Thanks in advance.
      05-07-2012, 05:39 PM   #2
kthxbye
Banned

Drives: '11 M3 Coupe

I have had for about 3 months now and it is absolutely fine. I did initially scrape on my driveway, but once I got the angle right I was good. I'm fine in parking garages, around town, and even in NYC/Philly. PS: my car is ZCP as well.

I do the the design of the lip makes it slightly more prone to rock chips than say the Vorsteiner lip, but that is just slightly. All lips will get rock chips, it's just a way of life. I do highly recommend you clear bra the lip before it goes on, once you do that you should be golden.
kthxbye is offline   United_States