BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

INDustry distribution

05-05-2012, 07:28 PM   #133
128vertinnoho
Private First Class

Drives: 2012 128iC

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvosM3 View Post
It will only continue down the toilet if the damn government continues spending this country to kingdom come. The $16 trillion we are in debt doesn't scare anyone on here? You do realize that this is an astronomical and unprecedented number, don't you? Obama's budgets have been voted down by 100% of all senators and representatives. That's a fact, now you wonder why a majority of this country doesn't support the guy. His own party thinks he's crazy!
Yep, two unpaid for and unnecessary wars and tax cuts for the wealthy will do that to a country. Plus the spending needed to get us out of the worse recession since the Great Depression (Thanks W). One can rack up the debt pretty damn quick under those circumstances!
128vertinnoho is offline   United_States
      05-05-2012, 08:32 PM   #134
EvosM3
Banned

Drives: WTB E90 M3

Hmmm. What about the billions Obama has spent on his projects that are Libya and Egypt? Thanks to him and Clinton, those two countries (formerly allies to the US who attacked terrorists and aided us) are now going to be run by the Muslim Brotherhood. And did Obama get any congressional approval to enter into those wars? Nope.
      05-05-2012, 10:21 PM   #135
ScotchAndCigar
Banned

Drives: 2011 128i space gray vert

Quote:
Hmmm. What about the billions Obama has spent on his projects that are Libya and Egypt? Thanks to him and Clinton, those two countries (formerly allies to the US who attacked terrorists and aided us) are now going to be run by the Muslim Brotherhood. And did Obama get any congressional approval to enter into those wars? Nope.
You're clearly an Obama hater, as none of your "facts" hold water. How does a few weeks in Libya doing a support mission equal two full scale wars for ten years? Get a grip, the debt is up a much lower percentage under Obama than under Bush or Reagan. All of your rants have been addressed elsewhere in these threads. Try reading them instead of rehashing the same crap for the umpteenth time.
ScotchAndCigar is offline   United_States
      05-06-2012, 09:58 AM   #136
EvosM3
Banned

I know how this country works. What I'm saying is that the views of both parties differ way too much for their to be much bipartisanship. The democrats have also moved so far to the left, they cannot be compared to the party they were 20 years ago. America has always been a center right country and the democrats no longer fit the voters bill. That's why you saw what happened in November of 2010, expect the same with Obama this year.
      05-06-2012, 12:03 PM   #137
128vertinnoho
Private First Class

Quote:
I know how this country works. What I'm saying is that the views of both parties differ way too much for their to be much bipartisanship. The democrats have also moved so far to the left, they cannot be compared to the party they were 20 years ago. America has always been a center right country and the democrats no longer fit the voters bill. That's why you saw what happened in November of 2010, expect the same with Obama this year.
And the repulbican party has not moved too far to the right???? Even Reagan could never be the party's nominee in today's republican party.
      05-06-2012, 12:07 PM   #138
128vertinnoho
Private First Class

Quote:
Our participation with other allie forces in Libya cost less than $1 billion. And what intervention in Egypt are you talking about?
      05-06-2012, 12:26 PM   #139
txz4
Major

Drives: 2006 M coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotchAndCigar View Post
You're clearly an Obama hater, as none of your "facts" hold water. How does a few weeks in Libya doing a support mission equal two full scale wars for ten years? Get a grip, the debt is up a much lower percentage under Obama than under Bush or Reagan. All of your rants have been addressed elsewhere in these threads. Try reading them instead of rehashing the same crap for the umpteenth time.
Here ya go.

Bush start-01/19/2001 5,727,776,738,304.64

Obama Start-01/20/2009 10,626,877,048,913.08

Now-05/03/2012 15,671,202,480,642.98

Number courtesy of: http://www.treasurydirect.gov/NP/BPD...application=np

Hardly fair to compare eight years to three but hell why not. Obama passed up bush in TOTAL INCREASE IN NATIONAL DEBT around the end of February. But hell, your right scotch. As a percent of total debt he hasn't passed up Bush
      05-06-2012, 01:12 PM   #140
128vertinnoho
Private First Class

05-06-2012, 01:57 PM   #141
EvosM3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 128vertinnoho
$14.3 trillion debt? That was a long time ago buddy. If you're trying to prove a point at least show the up-to-date numbers, especially when you're comparing time to money.
      05-06-2012, 02:10 PM   #142
ScotchAndCigar
Banned

Quote:
$14.3 trillion debt? That was a long time ago buddy. If you're trying to prove a point at least show the up-to-date numbers, especially when you're comparing time to money.
Lamest comeback ever! The chart goes out to last year, none of the percentages radically change. Besides, the new numbers are one post up, just extrapolate, jeez.

Bush II came in following a budget surplus, so his administration inherited no debt. Obama inherited 2 unfunded wars, 2 unfunded tax cuts, and oh yeah, the great recession, which means (for those unable to think) that revenue was way down.
      05-06-2012, 02:14 PM   #143
EvosM3
Banned

Wait, so you're telling me a 10% increase (15.7 trillion/14.3 trillion) doesn't significantly change Obama's 16% number?
      05-06-2012, 03:19 PM   #144
OldArmy
Lieutenant

Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0si

Battle of the factoids, always fun.

Nobama managed to do in three what GW did in eight, right?

And he continues to grow that number (at least through next January) and show no sign of even wanting, much less acting, to reverse that trend.

And if he didn't like his foreign wars he could just stopped them or rather accelerated GW's plans. But he has developed a taste for overseas adventures and killing so, spend baby spend.

One of these days Nobama will be responsible for something--perhaps it'll be a transition plan to the next guy.
OldArmy is offline   United_States
      05-06-2012, 06:12 PM   #145
ScotchAndCigar
Banned

Quote:
Wait, so you're telling me a 10% increase (15.7 trillion/14.3 trillion) doesn't significantly change Obama's 16% number?
It doesn't change the order now, does it? What's more important, though, is that the debt continues to escalate from Bush policies.
      05-06-2012, 06:25 PM   #146
ScotchAndCigar
Banned

Obama managed to do in three what GW did in eight, right?
No, not at all.

And he continues to grow that number (at least through next January) and show no sign of even wanting, much less acting, to reverse that trend.
How many times in history, while coming out of a recession, has the trend been reversed? Get real.

And if he didn't like his foreign wars he could just stopped them or rather accelerated GW's plans.
He has, where the hell have you been?

But he has developed a taste for overseas adventures and killing so, spend baby spend.
What the hell are you talking about? For an army guy, you sure act like a completely uninformed person.
      05-06-2012, 07:22 PM   #147
EvosM3
Banned

Has Obama cut spending in any way, or at least attempted to do so? Nope.
      05-06-2012, 07:34 PM   #148
OldArmy
Lieutenant

Quote:
Q: How many Obamas does it take to submit a realistic budget?

A: Don't know, it's never been done.
      05-06-2012, 07:37 PM   #149
Sidney
Dishonorably discharged

Drives: 2011 e90 335i 6MT

Quote:
New York Times isn't exactly a source. Cite the Times' source - a legit source - for the chart.
      05-06-2012, 08:13 PM   #150
ScotchAndCigar
Banned

Quote:
You're batting a thousand in the false statement games. You might want to try actually becoming informed before you post.
      05-06-2012, 08:28 PM   #151
ScotchAndCigar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldArmy View Post
Q: How many Obamas does it take to submit a realistic budget?

A: Don't know, it's never been done.
Waaaaahhhhh, I'm cranky because the economy's improving, I wanted Obama to fail, waaaahhhh.

So this is where you say that Obama's a lightweight with no qualifications who never had a job and can't get anything done, waaaaahhhhh. Well he's getting it done; the economy, the wars, health care, protecting individual rights. Perhaps the mormon former governor of a liberal state who championed healthcare reform and solved the state's deficit by raising fees can win over the right wingers. Bwaaaaaahahahahahaha!

Maybe you can move to one of those redneck states and forget about the federal gov't.
      05-06-2012, 08:56 PM   #152
OldArmy
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotchAndCigar View Post
Waaaaahhhhh, I'm cranky because the economy's improving, I wanted Obama to fail, waaaahhhh.
Pssst, I'm not wanting, he's already failed. Liberal left and the right agree on this! Understand that his campaign "launch" was a little, well, under attended.

The economy is GREAT! Just ask anybody! If nobama runs a few hundred thousand more out of the workforce he'll get that pesky unemployment number back down where it was on his day one. Nothing quite like subtraction by addition.

November can't come soon enough, let America get this experiment over with.
      05-06-2012, 09:24 PM   #153
ScotchAndCigar
Banned

he's already failed. Liberal left and the right agree on this!
- Why, because you say so? Wow, that's a strong argument, especially with your superlative track record. You do realize that polls say your statement is flat wrong, hmmm?

The economy is GREAT!
- I did not and would not make a stupid remark like that. But I'm perpetually amazed at how you measure unemployment from his inauguration day, as if he had magic power to instantly make the recession stop. Unemployment peaked nine months after he took office, whereas it took Saint Ronald Reagan 3 years to get it to start coming down. And he did it by nearly tripling the debt. But you knew that, right?

let America get this experiment over with.
- Gee, wonder what you mean by that?

You know, the wars are ending, economy's improving, and both will continue regardless of who's in office in January. I'm sure you don't believe that, but who cares?
      05-06-2012, 10:34 PM   #154
Michael5155
Private First Class

Drives: 2009 Z4 30i

S&C,

Nothing you say will enlighted these myopic conservatives. They are too stuck in the muck and mire of Old-World thinking. Hopefully their children will/have read between the right-wing propoganda lines and see the light.

If Obama brought unemployment to 0%, they (conservatives) would say there are still 12-year-olds who can't find babysitting jobs. If Obama made China a democracy, they would call it an Obamacy and not dare recognize it as a democracy. If Obama brought global warming to an end (Oops, sorry. I forgot. There is no global warming ). If Obama single-handedly found the cure for cancer, they would say he spent too much money on syringes. If Obama was born in the island state of Hawaii, conservatives would say he wasn't a U.S. citizen (Wait, that's TRUE! Conservatives do say he isn't a US citizen.) If Obama said the earth was flat... (Oops, another bad example because the conservatives would actually agree with him.)

Even though I think Reagan was among one of the worst presidents middle-class American has ever had, I do give him credit where credit is due. I do feel he played an important role in the fall of communism in E. Germany. And I do feel he opened the door for other movie stars and celebrities to enter the political arena.

Bush number one did a good job with the Iraq/Kuwait conflict. And Bush number two did a good job reading to elementary school kids.