BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-08-2012, 11:15 AM   #1
Dave2
First Lieutenant
 
Dave2's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 M3 Convertible
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: USA

Posts: 383
iTrader: (0)

New Tire Time- Recommendations/Experiences

I am now in the market for new tires. I have an '11 M3 convertible. The car is a daily driver so ~75% of the time the car is driven in commuter mode. The other ~25% I drive the car as if I stole it. The OEM tires on my car are the Pirelli P-Zeros. I like every aspect of these tire with the exception of the wear rate. I have less than 6K miles on the car and it is time to replace the tires. I would love to find a tire that has performance close to that of the P Zero and wears a little better.

The questions are:
Are other owners of the P Zeros getting similar millage from their P Zeros?
What kind of millage are the owners of the Michelin Pilot Sport tires getting?
What other tire options have others found that deliver good performance/wear charactersitics?

Thanks in advance for any info.
__________________
'11 M3 Convertible | Dinan Stage 2 suspension
Dave2 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-08-2012, 11:27 AM   #2
smmmurf
Colonel
 
Drives: 2009 M3 Sedan 6MT
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Pleasanton, CA

Posts: 2,101
iTrader: (7)

You sound like a perfect candidate for the Michelin Pilot Super Sport.
Superior grip in wet and equal if not a little better in the dry, about the same ride comfort (maybe a little better), and probably twice as long treadlife. Mileage warranty for 15k on rears, 30k fronts.
__________________
M3 Sedan - AW/Black - 6MT - no moonroof - no folding seats - RAC RG63 - clear bra by Omega Werks
smmmurf is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-09-2012, 09:08 PM   #3
wwilson7
Registered
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Chicago

Posts: 4
iTrader: (0)

I have 21k miles on my OEM PS2s along with a handful of track days and I probably have 2/32nds left on the fronts (more on the rears).
wwilson7 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-09-2012, 09:46 PM   #4
paradocs98
Major
 
paradocs98's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 991 Carrera S
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NY

Posts: 1,342
iTrader: (0)

My OEM PZeros also wore very very fast. I took them off early so I can still turn the car in with them when the lease ends. I went to Micheln Super Sports and am hoping for better wear with the same or better grip...
paradocs98 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-09-2012, 09:56 PM   #5
pizzapie
Private
 
pizzapie's Avatar
 
Drives: 2002 BMW M3 6spd
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 67
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smmmurf View Post
You sound like a perfect candidate for the Michelin Pilot Super Sport.
Superior grip in wet and equal if not a little better in the dry, about the same ride comfort (maybe a little better), and probably twice as long treadlife. Mileage warranty for 15k on rears, 30k fronts.
i agree totally, but question the front being 30k and not 15k warranty.
pizzapie is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-03-2012, 08:27 PM   #6
997Rockieipcf
New Member
 
Drives: Porsche
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Canada

Posts: 7
iTrader: (0)

Try the Hankook Evo 12's, Great tire for the money.
997Rockieipcf is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:46 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST