BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery
 
GetBMWParts
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-27-2012, 11:42 AM   #89
stefan
Colonel
stefan's Avatar
Canada
29
Rep
2,145
Posts

 
Drives: E92M3
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Calgary

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
1999 VF BMW M3  [5.00]
2001 BMW M5  [0.00]
2008 135i  [5.00]
2003 M3  [3.10]
2011.75 BMW M3  [4.17]
2009 STi  [3.83]
I'll be honest. I was coming in here getting ready to bash some ostentatious 20" wheels. But those are damn nice. Good choice OP!
__________________
///M Power - 2011.75 LMB M3 6MT (fuelly)
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2012, 12:23 PM   #90
Technic
Lieutenant General
Technic's Avatar
United_States
171
Rep
11,184
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 320i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ft Lauderdale, Florida

iTrader: (18)

Garage List
2004 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
I'll be honest. I was coming in here getting ready to bash some ostentatious 20" wheels. But those are damn nice. Good choice OP!
I would not blame you if you did, this was a crap shoot because I did not like most of the 20" setups that I have seen in local M3's...
__________________
-2015 F30 320i, Imperial/Oyster, 8AT: August 2014 ED
-2012 E92 M3 Jerez Black/Rust Brown, M-DCT: Gone
-2008 E90 M3 Melbourne Red/Bamboo, 6MT: Gone
-2007 MK5 GTI United Grey/Grey, DSG: Gone
-2004 E46 M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon, 6MT: Gone
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2012, 01:09 PM   #91
tightie
JOSH SHOKRI.
tightie's Avatar
United_States
151
Rep
5,768
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 F80 YMB M3
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: los angeles, california.

iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [3.95]
looks bad ass
__________________
15 YMB F80 M3 | iND Painted Front Reflectors, Painted Side Marker Set, Rear Painted Emblem & Front Grill Surround| KW 3 Way Clubsport | Gintani Downpipes | Macht Schnell Stud Conversion Kit | JB4 | Too many wheels to list
*Track Day: December 19 @ Willow Springs Raceway
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2012, 03:28 PM   #92
MaxC
New Member
0
Rep
7
Posts

 
Drives: fast
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: orange county

iTrader: (0)

Looks really clean, nice choice
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2012, 05:13 PM   #93
positiveions
Lieutenant General
positiveions's Avatar
Lebanon
114
Rep
10,529
Posts

 
Drives: 09 MKV JETTA 2.5 & E90 M3 :)
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: La Verne, CA

iTrader: (1)

Send a message via MSN to positiveions Send a message via Yahoo to positiveions
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
Thanks, I really like them very much...
are you using any spacers?
...Eli
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2012, 05:21 PM   #94
Technic
Lieutenant General
Technic's Avatar
United_States
171
Rep
11,184
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 320i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ft Lauderdale, Florida

iTrader: (18)

Garage List
2004 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by eatrach73 View Post
are you using any spacers?
...Eli
Yes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post

- 20" x 9.5" ET 20 squared (rear uses a 12mm spacer for flush look all around)
__________________
-2015 F30 320i, Imperial/Oyster, 8AT: August 2014 ED
-2012 E92 M3 Jerez Black/Rust Brown, M-DCT: Gone
-2008 E90 M3 Melbourne Red/Bamboo, 6MT: Gone
-2007 MK5 GTI United Grey/Grey, DSG: Gone
-2004 E46 M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon, 6MT: Gone
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2012, 11:46 AM   #95
BMWSOZE
Smooth Operator
BMWSOZE's Avatar
United_States
1
Rep
139
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335I
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Charlotte NC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
Correct, $995 x 4 = $3980 MSRP for 20" to start.

When you mentioned VMR and $995 when talking about a set of forged wheels I though for a second that you were from another planet...

There are better prices, but you are not going to find them in this forum.
I mentioned VMR because im looking for the same look as yours and so far thats the closest I could find. I dont care if they are forged I just loved the style of the BC ones, hell they could be one piece as well. Any ideas as to something thats extremely close to the look of the BC ones you have?
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2012, 12:10 PM   #96
Technic
Lieutenant General
Technic's Avatar
United_States
171
Rep
11,184
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 320i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ft Lauderdale, Florida

iTrader: (18)

Garage List
2004 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWSOZE View Post
I mentioned VMR because im looking for the same look as yours and so far thats the closest I could find. I dont care if they are forged I just loved the style of the BC ones, hell they could be one piece as well. Any ideas as to something thats extremely close to the look of the BC ones you have?
Check Morr wheels...
__________________
-2015 F30 320i, Imperial/Oyster, 8AT: August 2014 ED
-2012 E92 M3 Jerez Black/Rust Brown, M-DCT: Gone
-2008 E90 M3 Melbourne Red/Bamboo, 6MT: Gone
-2007 MK5 GTI United Grey/Grey, DSG: Gone
-2004 E46 M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon, 6MT: Gone
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2012, 08:24 PM   #97
Eugene-TAIWAN
Brigadier General
Eugene-TAIWAN's Avatar
Taiwan
79
Rep
3,113
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Taiwan

iTrader: (4)

Made in Taiwan like all high quality aftermarket parts we use
__________________

Past: Gintani stage3 M3
present: Porsche 993RWB, 964RS America,996 cupcar, 964 turbo 3.6, 991C4S, i3 in September
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 07:08 PM   #98
W///
Major General
W///'s Avatar
84
Rep
5,396
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3/1999 E36 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SC

iTrader: (12)

Any updates on these wheels? How are they holding up (if you even have them still)? BC Forged has definitely gotten my attention lately. So many choices at an affordable price (for forged wheels that is).
__________________
2008 E92 M3: Sparkling Graphite | Bamboo Beige | 6MT | CF Roof | HRE | Catless Eisenmann Race | BPM Sport | Swift | Arkym | Mode Carbon | M.Perf
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 10:03 PM   #99
Technic
Lieutenant General
Technic's Avatar
United_States
171
Rep
11,184
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 320i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ft Lauderdale, Florida

iTrader: (18)

Garage List
2004 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
Any updates on these wheels? How are they holding up (if you even have them still)? BC Forged has definitely gotten my attention lately. So many choices at an affordable price (for forged wheels that is).
Clearcoat and overall finish is still holding up almost a year to the day later, no strange vibrations, no bends, no scratches.

Nobody local knows about BC Racing/Forged, though. At least once a month somebody asks which brand are these...
__________________
-2015 F30 320i, Imperial/Oyster, 8AT: August 2014 ED
-2012 E92 M3 Jerez Black/Rust Brown, M-DCT: Gone
-2008 E90 M3 Melbourne Red/Bamboo, 6MT: Gone
-2007 MK5 GTI United Grey/Grey, DSG: Gone
-2004 E46 M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon, 6MT: Gone
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 10:06 PM   #100
Powerbeast
Major General
Powerbeast's Avatar
United_States
144
Rep
7,224
Posts

 
Drives: E90 M3 Dakar Yellow
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (4)

Nice interior
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 10:12 PM   #101
W///
Major General
W///'s Avatar
84
Rep
5,396
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3/1999 E36 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SC

iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
Clearcoat and overall finish is still holding up almost a year to the day later, no strange vibrations, no bends, no scratches.

Nobody local knows about BC Racing/Forged, though. At least once a month somebody asks which brand are these...
Thanks for the response. I think at these prices, it won't be long before they really take off. You can buy a set, fully customized to your liking for the price of a used wheel, pretty incredible.

The only thing I don't like is that there's just not enough reading material for me. For example, I never know what finishes are on some of the pictures I see online. Right now, I'd be interested in the HB-04 and HB-R5. I've only seen one picture of the HB-R5 on a car!
__________________
2008 E92 M3: Sparkling Graphite | Bamboo Beige | 6MT | CF Roof | HRE | Catless Eisenmann Race | BPM Sport | Swift | Arkym | Mode Carbon | M.Perf
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 10:24 PM   #102
1MOREMOD
2014 Track Days - 11|Ridge 1:52:24|Pacific 1:35:72
1MOREMOD's Avatar
United_States
172
Rep
12,917
Posts

 
Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
Moderators: change title to Got Apparently Something Other Than Concave?, please.
__________________

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 10:32 PM   #103
Technic
Lieutenant General
Technic's Avatar
United_States
171
Rep
11,184
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 320i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ft Lauderdale, Florida

iTrader: (18)

Garage List
2004 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
Thanks for the response. I think at these prices, it won't be long before they really take off. You can buy a set, fully customized to your liking for the price of a used wheel, pretty incredible.

The only thing I don't like is that there's just not enough reading material for me. For example, I never know what finishes are on some of the pictures I see online. Right now, I'd be interested in the HB-04 and HB-R5. I've only seen one picture of the HB-R5 on a car!
Go to their website, they have a "new for 2013" wheel catalog there and a section for customization.

My only complaint -if any- about these wheels is that you must be very particular in what you want done for your wheels at time of ordering. Anything that you do not specify will be done their way without asking.

For example, I wanted polished lip, with brushed clear center, maximum concave with Brembo clearance. When the wheels arrived they were in fact polished lip, brushed clear center, maximum concave with Brembo clearance and black barrel. I assumed that polished lip meant also polished barrel. But it wasn't. And I'm not fond of anything black on wheels.

I took the wheels to a local shop and got the barrels polished. Now they are perfect to me.
__________________
-2015 F30 320i, Imperial/Oyster, 8AT: August 2014 ED
-2012 E92 M3 Jerez Black/Rust Brown, M-DCT: Gone
-2008 E90 M3 Melbourne Red/Bamboo, 6MT: Gone
-2007 MK5 GTI United Grey/Grey, DSG: Gone
-2004 E46 M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon, 6MT: Gone
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 10:46 PM   #104
W///
Major General
W///'s Avatar
84
Rep
5,396
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3/1999 E36 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SC

iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
Go to their website, they have a "new for 2013" wheel catalog there and a section for customization.

My only complaint -if any- about these wheels is that you must be very particular in what you want done for your wheels at time of ordering. Anything that you do not specify will be done their way without asking.

For example, I wanted polished lip, with brushed clear center, maximum concave with Brembo clearance. When the wheels arrived they were in fact polished lip, brushed clear center, maximum concave with Brembo clearance and black barrel. I assumed that polished lip meant also polished barrel. But it wasn't. And I'm not fond of anything black on wheels.

I took the wheels to a local shop and got the barrels polished. Now they are perfect to me.
HILARIOUS. I haven't been going to their main website for the past 2 weeks. I was wondering, because I didn't see what you were talking about (new for 2013). Apparently, their Indonesian website pops up first on Google for some reason.

Btw, I would have also assumed the barrels would also be polished if you asked the lip to be that way. If I were going to go with BC Forged, I probably would have picked exactly the same combo as you. I'm also interested in Brushed Black, whatever the heck that means!
__________________
2008 E92 M3: Sparkling Graphite | Bamboo Beige | 6MT | CF Roof | HRE | Catless Eisenmann Race | BPM Sport | Swift | Arkym | Mode Carbon | M.Perf
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:44 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST