BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)
 
GTB Performance
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-26-2012, 09:12 PM   #1
CanAutM3
Brigadier General
 
CanAutM3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 M4 DCT
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Montreal

Posts: 3,953
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [4.75]
2006 Audi S4  [0.00]
Great visit to the dealer for service today

Went to the dealer today to get the ///M3 serviced. The SA was very helpful and did me a few favours. I decided to stick around and wait for my car.

Spent some time with the mechanic that worked on my car. He is specialized on M cars and was very knowledgeable. He was also very nice and I enjoyed chatting with him. He also told me that my software version was E89-10-12-503 and already included the patches that provided the slight power bump (will need to validate this ).

Very nice surprises in the showroom

There was an F10 M5 is mate silver sitting there . I kept hovering around it like a fly sticks around @#%. It had the Siverstone interior with a special perforated aluminum trim I had never seen before. One of the sales rep told me it was only on loan from BMW Canada for the showroom and not for sale. At some point they had to move it out of the way so they could take out an M3 for a test drive. The rep that moved it out reved the engine a few time to the delight of all the onlookers (mostly other reps). He also punched it hard enough to chirp the tires a few times . The M5 sounds awesome in real life . Videos don't do it justice. True, it is not the melody of the old V10, but sounds great nonetheless.

There was also a special edition M3 waiting to be delivered. It looked really nice in mate silver. The inside CF trim also looked really good in real life . The seat with the silver insert and stiching looked very high end and so did the alcantara steering wheel. However, I did not like the M-Power stitching on the e-brake lever as much, kinda cheesy IMO. Great looking car though. Kudos to the new owner .

Oh yeah, there was also a silver E30 M3 in the bay next to my car.

Just wanted to share a nice day hanging around beautiful cars and nice people .

Last edited by CanAutM3; 04-27-2012 at 12:35 PM.
CanAutM3 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-26-2012, 09:29 PM   #2
odiesback
2012 E92 M3 AW EXT FR
 
odiesback's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Maryland

Posts: 358
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Wow... that must've been awesome...
just hope to get a SA like you did, someone who does not
have to be schooled on M cars and what services to perform.
odiesback is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-26-2012, 11:10 PM   #3
Chowster
E60_to_E90
 
Chowster's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Surrey, BC, Canada

Posts: 1,204
iTrader: (2)

All this and no pics???
Chowster is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-27-2012, 06:01 AM   #4
CanAutM3
Brigadier General
 
CanAutM3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 M4 DCT
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Montreal

Posts: 3,953
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [4.75]
2006 Audi S4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowster View Post
All this and no pics???
No camera with me
CanAutM3 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-27-2012, 06:35 AM   #5
nbennettksu
Major
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Fort Lauderdale

Posts: 1,053
iTrader: (0)

phone dude, phone
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBasham View Post
Caddy ATS . . . finally, a decent rental car option.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kchu221 View Post
the wheels make me mad...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhabs View Post
It's one thing for some buffoon to put an M badge on something that doesn't deserve it...it's another for a multi-billion dollar corporation to do the exact same thing and keep a straight face.
nbennettksu is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-27-2012, 07:00 AM   #6
hieu1004
Second Lieutenant
 
hieu1004's Avatar
 
Drives: Space Gray e92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bothell, WA

Posts: 223
iTrader: (0)

It's good hearing about good dealership experiences for a change and I'm glad you did.

I am also really impressed with my dealership in Seattle. My SA, in fact, has an E36 and E46 M3 that he races, so it's nice doing business with someone who is familiar with M's. Makes life a little easier.
hieu1004 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-27-2012, 07:32 AM   #7
KIS
Lieutenant
 
KIS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 C63 Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Houston, Texas

Posts: 513
iTrader: (0)

This is just crazy talk. A thread about a customer that likes his BMW dealership.
KIS is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-27-2012, 11:16 AM   #8
m3an
Banned
 
m3an's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: South Florida

Posts: 1,611
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIS View Post
This is just crazy talk. A thread about a customer that likes his BMW dealership.
+1; my experiences always seem to suck
m3an is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-27-2012, 11:46 AM   #9
CanAutM3
Brigadier General
 
CanAutM3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 M4 DCT
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Montreal

Posts: 3,953
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [4.75]
2006 Audi S4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIS View Post
This is just crazy talk. A thread about a customer that likes his BMW dealership.
Quote:
Originally Posted by talontid View Post
+1; my experiences always seem to suck
Most of the time mine do too .

This one was good, so I wanted to share .
CanAutM3 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-27-2012, 12:28 PM   #10
///Montreal3
Second Lieutenant
 
///Montreal3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 AW E92 M3
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: ///Montreal

Posts: 236
iTrader: (0)

Canbec? Laval? West Island?
__________________
BMW: 2011 AW/Black E92 M3 DCT - 2010 BSM/Tan E90 335i AT
Other: 2004 AW GDB STi 6spd - 1991 Nero/Nero 348tb 5spd
///Montreal3 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-27-2012, 12:33 PM   #11
CanAutM3
Brigadier General
 
CanAutM3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 M4 DCT
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Montreal

Posts: 3,953
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [4.75]
2006 Audi S4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Montreal3 View Post
Canbec? Laval? West Island?
Canbec
CanAutM3 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-27-2012, 01:15 PM   #12
Mr. ///M3 RD
Major General
 
Mr. ///M3 RD's Avatar
 
Drives: E350 & 280 SL on Weekends :)
Join Date: May 2010
Location: GTA, Ontario - Canada

Posts: 7,863
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
Went to the dealer today to get the ///M3 serviced. The SA was very helpful and did me a few favours. I decided to stick around and wait for my car.

Spent some time with the mechanic that worked on my car. He is specialized on M cars and was very knowledgeable. He was also very nice and I enjoyed chatting with him. He also told me that my software version was E89-10-12-503 and already included the patches that provided the slight power bump (will need to validate this ).

Very nice surprises in the showroom

There was an F10 M5 is mate silver sitting there . I kept hovering around it like a fly sticks around @#%. It had the Siverstone interior with a special perforated aluminum trim I had never seen before. One of the sales rep told me it was only on loan from BMW Canada for the showroom and not for sale. At some point they had to move it out of the way so they could take out an M3 for a test drive. The rep that moved it out reved the engine a few time to the delight of all the onlookers (mostly other reps). He also punched it hard enough to chirp the tires a few times . The M5 sounds awesome in real life . Videos don't do it justice. True, it is not the melody of the old V10, but sounds great nonetheless.

There was also a special edition M3 waiting to be delivered. It looked really nice in mate silver. The inside CF trim also looked really good in real life . The seat with the silver insert and stiching looked very high end and so did the alcantara steering wheel. However, I did not like the M-Power stitching on the e-brake lever as much, kinda cheesy IMO. Great looking car though. Kudos to the new owner .

Oh yeah, there was also a silver E30 M3 in the bay next to my car.

Just wanted to share a nice day hanging around beautiful cars and nice people .
Nice story ... would be nice to have snapped a few pictures with your phone ... you did hear of the saying "A picture is worth a 1000 words" I've wriiten many technical reports in my life and accompanying pictures always kept the reports short and sweet just saying,

BTW. Like you I too like hanging around in the showroom waiting for my car feels always like being in the boy's candy store
__________________
Cheers, Rolf-Dieter

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Mr. ///M3 RD is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-27-2012, 01:58 PM   #13
tamana
Private
 
Drives: nids
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: veren

Posts: 51
iTrader: (0)

It's good hearing about good dealership experiences for a change and I'm glad you did.
tamana is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-27-2012, 01:58 PM   #14
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Templar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: One of the coasts...

Posts: 1,817
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
Sorry but...



__________________
'11 BMW E92 ///M3 - ZCP and DCT
'13 Toyota Tundra - 4x4 Platinum CrewMax, 5.7l iForce V8
Templar is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-27-2012, 04:40 PM   #15
CanAutM3
Brigadier General
 
CanAutM3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 M4 DCT
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Montreal

Posts: 3,953
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [4.75]
2006 Audi S4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
Sorry but...



Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter Peter View Post
Nice story ... would be nice to have snapped a few pictures with your phone ... you did hear of the saying "A picture is worth a 1000 words" I've wriiten many technical reports in my life and accompanying pictures always kept the reports short and sweet just saying,

BTW. Like you I too like hanging around in the showroom waiting for my car feels always like being in the boy's candy store
I agree, a picture is worth a thousand words. But sometimes only words is better. Think of a good novel and the power of imagination .
CanAutM3 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-27-2012, 05:27 PM   #16
Mr. ///M3 RD
Major General
 
Mr. ///M3 RD's Avatar
 
Drives: E350 & 280 SL on Weekends :)
Join Date: May 2010
Location: GTA, Ontario - Canada

Posts: 7,863
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
I agree, a picture is worth a thousand words. But sometimes only words is better. Think of a good novel and the power of imagination .
Okay you win...
__________________
Cheers, Rolf-Dieter

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Mr. ///M3 RD is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:10 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST