BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)
 
OneEighty
View Poll Results: As a current, past, or future/potential M3 owner the following most fits me:
18-28 yrs old (Young and fancy free!) 463 31.43%
28-45 yrs old (Grown up and established!) 793 53.84%
45-55 yrs old (The kids are gone or going and 40 really is the new 30!) 120 8.15%
>55 yrs old (Wise and well aged! Enjoying the limelight of our lives!) 43 2.92%
Who cares..drive it like you stole it at any age! 54 3.67%
Voters: 1473. You may not vote on this poll

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-26-2012, 11:53 AM   #243
Bimmer Freeeek!
Live Fast. Die Young.
Bimmer Freeeek!'s Avatar
5
Rep
189
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 E92 ///M3
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sunshine State

iTrader: (0)

high-class hooker
__________________

2012 M3 E92 SS-II
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2012, 01:00 PM   #244
JZBDCT
Second Lieutenant
4
Rep
215
Posts

 
Drives: e92
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: yonder

iTrader: (0)

30. Environmental Engineer. Saving my doubloons for the i8. Then I can finally shutup all my prius driving coworkers.
__________________
2012 BMW M3 Coupe JZB/Fox Red DCT ZCP. Vorsteiner Double Sided Carbon Fiber CSL Boot Lid. Paint Match Grills, Side markers, Reflectors. Carbon Fiber Splitters. Lux Angel Eyes. Custom Rear Section Exhaust with valves. Next mod: Valentine 1
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2012, 02:23 PM   #245
BURAKUSTA
Private First Class
Turkey
2
Rep
111
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 COUPE
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: İSTANBUL,TURKEY

iTrader: (0)

19 university student.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2012, 02:50 PM   #246
dmppdx
Second Lieutenant
2
Rep
228
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: PNW

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriansideways View Post
No way in my country very few M owners at all ages got to be wealthy to own one at any age! Average 30-55 age group
There really isn't a huge number of M3 owners in the US either. And you definitely should be wealthy, or wealthy'ish to justify buying one, but a decent number of people in this country who drive them, don't have the money they really should to own one.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2012, 05:12 PM   #247
IFX
Banned
31
Rep
2,538
Posts

 
Drives: AW e46M/N54
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South Fla.

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmppdx View Post
There really isn't a huge number of M3 owners in the US either. And you definitely should be wealthy, or wealthy'ish to justify buying one, but a decent number of people in this country who drive them, don't have the money they really should to own one.


Your acting like the M3 is so high class. Please..


Save that talk for exotics.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2012, 08:48 PM   #248
Arben72
Banned
Albania
6
Rep
466
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Illinois

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmppdx View Post
There really isn't a huge number of M3 owners in the US either. And you definitely should be wealthy, or wealthy'ish to justify buying one, but a decent number of people in this country who drive them, don't have the money they really should to own one.


Your acting like the M3 is so high class. Please..


Save that talk for exotics.
In my area a 328i is high class and rare. You do need to understand that people in different areas have different opinions about certain things like wealth due to different demographics.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2012, 10:04 AM   #249
DivideBYZero
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
4
Rep
294
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3, Prev. E46 M3
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
I'm a Zygote.
I have a $634m property empire.
This is my 7th e92 M3, I change when poor people look at them as I feel the paint is affected by their missfortune.
__________________
2010 E92 M3, DCT, w/Exhaust mod
2002 E36/7 Z3 2.2 Sport
2011 E82 120d Coupe
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2012, 10:59 AM   #250
dmppdx
Second Lieutenant
2
Rep
228
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: PNW

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFX View Post
Your acting like the M3 is so high class. Please..


Save that talk for exotics.
I never said it was an exotic, just not a cheap car since they are around $70k new. Granted, some places have a lot more than others, but they are generally places where there are a lot of possers who feel the need to present an image of success and wealth and this requires them to drive an expensive car regardless of whether they can really afford one or not. And these are generally places like CA which is a state where a large percentage of people are highly in debt, most city and local governments are highly in debt, and the state it self is highly in debt. In most place in this country people are more fiscally responsible and conservative and aware that living a lifestyle you can't afford eventually catches up to you.

I can tell from some of the responses of people on this thread that some of them really shouldn't be driving an M3. If my comments bother anyone, it's probably because deep down they know I'm true and they fall into the category of someone who really can't afford an M3.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2012, 11:01 AM   #251
DivideBYZero
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
4
Rep
294
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3, Prev. E46 M3
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmppdx View Post
I never said it was an exotic, just not a cheap car since they are around $70k new. Granted, some places have a lot more than others, but they are generally places where there are a lot of possers who feel the need to present an image of success and wealth and this requires them to drive an expensive car regardless of whether they can really afford one or not. And these are generally places like CA which is a state where a large percentage of people are highly in debt, most city and local governments are highly in debt, and the state it self is highly in debt. In most place in this country people are more fiscally responsible and conservative and aware that living a lifestyle you can't afford eventually catches up to you.

I can tell from some of the responses of people on this thread that some of them really shouldn't be driving an M3. If my comments bother anyone, it's probably because deep down they know I'm true and they fall into the category of someone who really can't afford an M3.
If I can't afford it, why is it on my driveway?!
__________________
2010 E92 M3, DCT, w/Exhaust mod
2002 E36/7 Z3 2.2 Sport
2011 E82 120d Coupe
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2012, 12:54 PM   #252
dmppdx
Second Lieutenant
2
Rep
228
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: PNW

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivideBYZero View Post
If I can't afford it, why is it on my driveway?!
So since if I wanted to, I could cash out the equity in my house and cash out my 401k and buy a $400K Ferrari with that money, that means I can afford a $400k Ferrari? I don't think so.

Being able to buy something or make the payments on something in the short run and really being able to afford it are two completely different things.

Bankruptcy courts are filled with people who don't seem to know the difference.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2012, 01:31 PM   #253
DivideBYZero
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
4
Rep
294
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3, Prev. E46 M3
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmppdx View Post
So since if I wanted to, I could cash out the equity in my house and cash out my 401k and buy a $400K Ferrari with that money, that means I can afford a $400k Ferrari? I don't think so.

Being able to buy something or make the payments on something in the short run and really being able to afford it are two completely different things.

Bankruptcy courts are filled with people who don't seem to know the difference.
You're just assuming we're all car rich and wallet poor. That's a pretty stupid assumption.
__________________
2010 E92 M3, DCT, w/Exhaust mod
2002 E36/7 Z3 2.2 Sport
2011 E82 120d Coupe
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2012, 02:08 PM   #254
Mr. ///M3 RD
Major General
Mr. ///M3 RD's Avatar
Canada
147
Rep
7,863
Posts

 
Drives: E350 & 280 SL on Weekends :)
Join Date: May 2010
Location: GTA, Ontario - Canada

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Freeeek! View Post
high-class hooker
I had no idea you give a discount for gent's over 65?
__________________
Cheers, Rolf-Dieter

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2012, 02:14 PM   #255
DiavelM3
4 Star General -Twilight Zone
DiavelM3's Avatar
United_States
17
Rep
1,025
Posts

 
Drives: '11 E92 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 5280

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivideBYZero View Post
You're just assuming we're all car rich and wallet poor. That's a pretty stupid assumption.
I think what he's trying to say is that anyone in their teens or early 20's who have a $70k car fall under cetain "variables"
1. They live with their parents
2. One or both parents bought them an M3
3. Trust fund baby\inheritance
4. Living beyond their means - Living in an Apartment with $70K car parked outside eating top ramen every night
5. A combo of any one of the above

I'm not saying you fall under this. You're financial situation is your business and not for us to judge but he is just being realistic about a teenager or early 20 yr old with a $70k car... It's just not that common unless one of the factors above apply.
However! There are those that have saved up to purchase such a car so, hats off to them...

Back on the topic ---> I'm 39 - I.T. Systems Administrator for a big corporation
__________________
'12 Ducati Diavel
'06 E46 M3 (sold) | '97 325is - Dinan (sold)
'02 Z3 3.0 coupe (sold)
Past - '84 Ferrari 308 GTSI | '88 Ferrari 328 GTS | '05 Dodge Viper Copperhead Edition #180/300 | Audi S4
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2012, 02:14 PM   #256
DiavelM3
4 Star General -Twilight Zone
DiavelM3's Avatar
United_States
17
Rep
1,025
Posts

 
Drives: '11 E92 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 5280

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter Peter View Post
I had no idea you give a discount for gent's over 65?
__________________
'12 Ducati Diavel
'06 E46 M3 (sold) | '97 325is - Dinan (sold)
'02 Z3 3.0 coupe (sold)
Past - '84 Ferrari 308 GTSI | '88 Ferrari 328 GTS | '05 Dodge Viper Copperhead Edition #180/300 | Audi S4
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2012, 02:21 PM   #257
DiavelM3
4 Star General -Twilight Zone
DiavelM3's Avatar
United_States
17
Rep
1,025
Posts

 
Drives: '11 E92 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 5280

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter Peter View Post
Very true this is ^^^ I once had a dear friend 15 years my senior he was a multi millionaire at the age of 45. He drove a broken down Mercedes and never enjoyed his life. Then he passed on at 48 (heart attack), his brother came from Europe had him cremated and took him home with all his fortune.

Makes you think ... how true it is when you hear "Live each day as if it is your last for one day you will definitely be right"

also remember "the last shirt has no pockets and therefore you cannot take it with you"

So enjoy your life ... for life is short
This is true ^^ I believe Warren Buffett drives an old SUV and lives in his old house that he purchased for $30k many moons ago? It looks like a typical middle class home
__________________
'12 Ducati Diavel
'06 E46 M3 (sold) | '97 325is - Dinan (sold)
'02 Z3 3.0 coupe (sold)
Past - '84 Ferrari 308 GTSI | '88 Ferrari 328 GTS | '05 Dodge Viper Copperhead Edition #180/300 | Audi S4
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2012, 02:25 PM   #258
dmppdx
Second Lieutenant
2
Rep
228
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: PNW

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivideBYZero View Post
You're just assuming we're all car rich and wallet poor. That's a pretty stupid assumption.
Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying about every single person with an M3 without exception, including you...
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2012, 02:33 PM   #259
Bimmer Freeeek!
Live Fast. Die Young.
Bimmer Freeeek!'s Avatar
5
Rep
189
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 E92 ///M3
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sunshine State

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter Peter View Post
I had no idea you give a discount for gent's over 65?
*Discounted promotional offers may be extended to the following:

1. Florida residents
2. Age 55+
3. Active & Retired United States Military/Police


*Must be able to provide proof upon request.
__________________

2012 M3 E92 SS-II
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2012, 02:45 PM   #260
Mr. ///M3 RD
Major General
Mr. ///M3 RD's Avatar
Canada
147
Rep
7,863
Posts

 
Drives: E350 & 280 SL on Weekends :)
Join Date: May 2010
Location: GTA, Ontario - Canada

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Freeeek! View Post
*Discounted promotional offers may be extended to the following:

1. Florida residents
2. Age 55+
3. Active & Retired United States Military/Police


*Must be able to provide proof upon request.
Fantastic ... I do qualify then thanks for getting back to me
__________________
Cheers, Rolf-Dieter

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2012, 07:09 PM   #261
M3Now!
First Lieutenant
9
Rep
372
Posts

 
Drives: 09 E93, Jerez Black
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmppdx

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying about every single person with an M3 without exception, including you...
Wait, is that...that could be...seems like...is that sarcasm?
__________________


2009 E93 M3 - it's, um, pretty fun
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2012, 06:37 PM   #262
misty2011E90
New Member
0
Rep
7
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 sedan white
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

This poll is going to be skewed in that the younger crowd spends more time on web sites like this one. I know a lot of people that drive the M3 and not a one of them is younger than 35.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2012, 12:53 AM   #263
vzm3
Member
vzm3's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
238
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Miami

iTrader: (1)

Wow, so many people out here with M3's you would think they are all rational and think before posting something.

Its so annoying when people say " if they are 18-20 or 21 or whatever daddy and mommy bought it for them" how do you geniuses figure that??!!!

I got my 2011 M3 last year when I was 20, with my money, just because it took some of you guys into your 30's or 40's to get a nice M3 don't immediately assume its impossible to do at a younger age. Hard work pays off, you should all know that by now regardless of your age!
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2012, 12:10 PM   #264
guardodoc
Second Lieutenant
guardodoc's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
243
Posts

 
Drives: 09 M3 e92TiAg, 2009 335i e92
Join Date: May 2007
Location: San Clemente

iTrader: (0)

Midlife crisis.

Bought mine as part of my third midlife crisis.
Of course that assumes I'll live to 108.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:42 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST