BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion
 
GetBMWParts
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-16-2012, 05:37 PM   #45
Michael5155
Private First Class
7
Rep
102
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 Z4 30i
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: United States

iTrader: (0)

I apologize for not reading this entore thread, but anytime I see name calling (i.e. "Nobama") in a thread, it is a complete waste of time to try to offer an intelligent conversation. Feeble minded people use name calling as a way to sound clever or superior, when in fact the opposite occurs. I would love to have an intelligent, constructive debate discussing the pros and cons of the Obama administration, discussing conservative and liberal philosophies, discussing the often twisted definition of freedom and patriotism, but seldom does anyone listen. It's always the attitude: "I'm right and you're wrong." This is sad. This is what polarized the country. I enjoy constructive debate because I learn from it and often modify my own beliefs because of enlightening points made by others. But when the same respect isn't reciprocated nothing is accomplished.

Fortunately and eventually myopic-minded and self-serving perspectives are forgotten and compromise and selflessness win the day.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2012, 06:28 PM   #46
txz4
Major
txz4's Avatar
18
Rep
1,098
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 M coupe
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: san antonio, texas

iTrader: (3)

Only because it was brought up i feel i have to add in regards to college attendance. Every teacher i had in college that one could say was die hard liberal or obviously democrat taught classes in everything outside of business and history. The few liberals that did teach business and history had NEVER had meaningful employment outside of academics or something in relation. The best teachers i had were workers first, then teachers.

I had an economics professor in 2007 that was a die hard Keynesian fan (though very intelligent as far as i could tell). I asked him what about debt? he said it wont matter due to the way we handle our debt. Though now we are seeing the results of that idea I.e. credit downgrade.

my 2 best teachers however were from my last semester before graduating. One was an Ex-fund manager for a very large firm and the other was an expert on interstate and international trade regulations. He retired to teaching.

The reason i bring this up is to illuminate the differences between being well educated and intelligent or even lucky enough to make a decision that will result in a better outcome. I once had an argument with an ex Notre Dame law professor on politics. I had a class with just him and I over one summer semester. We got the class aspect done in about 20 minutes and the rest of the time we would speak philosophy for an hour or so. He brought up how we should respect everyone's points and ideas in regards to politics. I disagree to an extent, though we should let everyone have a say and allow everyone to have their beliefs, there is a right and a wrong way to handle a situation. If its wrong to point out either one being wrong then there is no point in even caring anymore. You can have an idea, but if your wrong, you need to re-evaluate why you have your idea and what may not be as correct in your assumptions as you had hoped. I know its very run around but i feel it may help some... The point is, as ideliver pointed out, watch out with your attacks based on generalities, insult those the reside in one state (not tongue in cheek at least) and your really just showing your patronizing and sometimes arrogant attitude towards many, dare i even say....elitist (your name makes more sense in this ironic context). If you really wanted to bring something up about a state you could bring up the fact that all of the most educated states, according to you, have very little ability to properly budget. But you know what scotch i cant believe all of these firms are leaving these brilliantly enlightened states to head to backward southern/middle American states...

Last edited by txz4; 04-16-2012 at 06:43 PM.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2012, 07:53 PM   #47
ScotchAndCigar
Banned
ScotchAndCigar's Avatar
United_States
9
Rep
817
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 128i space gray vert
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: New England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomahawk997 View Post
I cannot stand it when people make "fact" claims and then fail to provide support, telling the other side to look it up. If I make a claim, I will most certainly provide something of value to substantiate the claim.
Lucky for you, most of these forums are just people saying derogatory things about the other side, with no backing whatsoever.

But since you seem to be so clearly convinced that citing references is the holy grail, here you go, three examples.

1.
So who’s smarter, Democrats or Republicans?

People in the “blue states” (states that typically vote Democratic) are collectively more educated than people in the “red states” (states that typically vote Republican).

According to Watchblog.com:
•States that voted for Kerry in 2004 had 21 percent more college graduates than states that voted for Bush.
•The states that ranked the lowest for high school and college graduates were all red states.
•Eight out of 10 of the states that ranked the highest for high school college graduates were blue states. (The number one state, by far, is Colorado — technically a red state because it went for Bush by a small margin, but effectively a “purple” state because it’s become so politically mixed.)

2.
Regarding graduate-level degrees (masters or doctorate), there is a rough parity between Democrats and Republicans. According to the Gallup Organization: "[b]oth Democrats and Republicans have equal numbers of Americans at the upper end of the educational spectrum — that is, with post graduate degrees..." Fried provides a slightly more detailed analysis, noting that Republican men are more likely than Democratic men to have advanced degrees, but Democratic women are now more likely than Republican women to have advanced degrees.

3.
Professionals, those who have a college education and whose work revolves around the conceptualization of ideas, have supported the Democratic Party by a slight majority since 2000. Between 1988 and 2000, professionals favored Democrats by a 12-percentage point margin. While the professional class was once a stronghold of the Republican Party, it has become increasingly split between the two parties, leaning in favor of the Democratic Party. The increasing support for Democratic candidates among professionals may be traced to the prevalence of social liberal values among this group.

A study on the political attitudes of medical students, for example, found that "U.S. medical students are considerably more likely to be liberal than conservative and are more likely to be liberal than are other young U.S. adults. Future U.S. physicians may be more receptive to liberal messages than conservative ones, and their political orientation may profoundly affect their health system attitudes." Similar results are found for professors, who are more strongly inclined towards liberalism and the Democratic Party than other occupational groups. The Democratic Party also has strong support among scientists, with 55% identifying as Democrats, 32% as Independents, and 6% as Republicans and 52% identifying as liberal, 35% as moderate, and 9% as conservative.

Academics, intellectuals, and the highly educated overall constitute an important part of the Democratic voter base. Academia in particular tends to be progressive. In a 2005 survey, nearly 72% of full-time faculty members identified as liberal, while 15% identified as conservative. The social sciences and humanities were the most liberal disciplines while business was the most conservative. Male professors at more advanced stages of their careers as well as those at elite institutions tend be the most liberal. Another survey by UCLA conducted in 2001/02, found 47.6% of scholars identifying as liberal, 34.3% as moderate, and 18% as conservative. Percentages of professors who identified as liberal ranged from 49% in business to over 80% in political science and the humanities.

Those with graduate education, have become increasingly Democratic beginning in the 1992, 1996, 2000, 2004, and 2008 elections. Intellectualism, the tendency to constantly reexamine issues, or in the words of Edwards Shields, the "penetration beyond the screen of immediate concrete experience," has also been named as an explanation why academia is strongly democratic and liberal.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2012, 08:33 PM   #48
txz4
Major
txz4's Avatar
18
Rep
1,098
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 M coupe
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: san antonio, texas

iTrader: (3)

http://pewresearch.org/pubs/1478/

Interesting...

According to the info posted in the post you quoted, your wrong. At least in regards to men. Also your entire quote that you cut and pasted above doesn't address the basic question. It only addresses convenient aspects.

Last edited by txz4; 04-16-2012 at 08:43 PM.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2012, 09:07 PM   #49
ScotchAndCigar
Banned
ScotchAndCigar's Avatar
United_States
9
Rep
817
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 128i space gray vert
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: New England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by txz4 View Post
The point is, as ideliver pointed out, watch out with your attacks based on generalities, insult those the reside in one state (not tongue in cheek at least) and your really just showing your patronizing and sometimes arrogant attitude towards many, dare i even say....elitist.
Yes, yes, good advice. Let's see how well you follow this......
Quote:
Originally Posted by txz4 View Post
And since you liberals have no idea how business works,
Quote:
Originally Posted by txz4 View Post
What you libs may want is different than what you are doing. According to libs the means always justify the ends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by txz4 View Post
You libs use arguments that have nothing to do with anything as proof for something else.

All of this is literally economics 101 stuff. Im not even going to get into what caused the recession with you, because lets be honest. Your not going to understand it and your going to argue about it anyhow because of your lack of understanding.

Its shocking to me you lib's think you can control everything the private sector does when you cant control yourselves to make a non hypocritical retort.
Quote:
Originally Posted by txz4 View Post
According to every lib you ARE the rulling class!
Quote:
Originally Posted by txz4 View Post
Are you kidding me, you really are a prick. really, im just shocked how you could have so little comprehension of anything. Let me spell everything out for you as simply as possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by txz4 View Post
Dont be glib you moron. I assumed you would at least understand that, alas, it was my stupidity that you would be able to put 1 and 1 together. Im truly surprised you can even operate a six speed. You blatantly saying whatever you will without letting the truth get in the way may work for your parties constituents but it still doesn't work for those of us capable of any logical thought.
Now onto the topic at hand...
Quote:
Originally Posted by txz4 View Post
According to the info posted in the post you quoted, your wrong. At least in regards to men. Also your entire quote that you cut and pasted above doesn't address the basic question. It only addresses convenient aspects.
As you are only looking at men with 4-year degrees over a certain time, you are in fact focusing on a, how do you say? convenient aspect. If you look at Masters and Doctorates and women, you're wrong. We can spend days pulling up evidence supporting one side or the other.

Point is, there's no definitive answer, and to claim that persons of a certain political belief are either exclusively educated or uneducated is asinine. So instead of automatically choosing sides, for once I'd like to see one of you righties stop and say that anyone declaring that democrats, gays, or Obama supporters are uneducated is an ignorant bigot.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2012, 10:06 PM   #50
xbook
Lieutenant Colonel
xbook's Avatar
Zimbabwe
41
Rep
1,538
Posts

 
Drives: '14 EBII M235i & '06 R53 GP
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Northridge, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E82  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mspeasl View Post
Spiting hairs

I guess that's what one gets when one is an undereducated independent or fat fingers the keyboard.
Be careful when spiting your hair. It will get mad at you and just fall out one day.

PS Stating "Gay Rights Supporters are uneducated" is really ignorant, and that kind of gross generalization should not be tolerated here as much as racism is not tolerated. In the future, please refrain from those comments E90 SoFlo. Also, why defend those comments txz4? Do you really think Gay Rights supporters are an uneducated group?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2012, 10:42 PM   #51
txz4
Major
txz4's Avatar
18
Rep
1,098
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 M coupe
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: san antonio, texas

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbook View Post
Be careful when spiting your hair. It will get mad at you and just fall out one day.

PS Stating "Gay Rights Supporters are uneducated" is really ignorant, and that kind of gross generalization should not be tolerated here as much as racism is not tolerated. In the future, please refrain from those comments E90 SoFlo. Also, why defend those comments txz4? Do you really think Gay Rights supporters are an uneducated group?
I think you may have misread something there is nothing to defend in what he has said in regards to gay rights and the generalities therein.

Also scotch, in generalizing Liberals as you have quoted me on, you seem to forget that its ideology that makes a liberal, conservative, etc. Therefore in saying a person who follows a certain belief system follows a belief system im merely stating fact.... Calling someone who lives in a state something derogatory by virtue of being a citizen isnt close to the same thing, unless of course a derogatory name and living in a state are the same thing. Its not even a generality in saying that you are "glib" and "lack comprehension" at times.... perhaps rough, but no less true.

I stated that you never disproved damning data to your original idea. You restated your original thesis that dems are smarter than republicans and "everyone knows". Now your saying that we can find data proving both sides all day. I never said one side was smarter than the other, i only raised the point that its incorrect to assume to know as a matter of common knowledge, which you originally alleged and now seem to disagree with... You called it asinine and then used the words "exclusively educated" to exclude yourself from your own hypocrisy...I dont recall who started the argument on education (you or another) neither do i care, you took part and defended your party affiliation saying that your party clearly was more educated. Perhaps its not "asinine" as you didnt say "exclusively more educated" but im sure we can come up with a less exclusive, more inclusive word outside of asinine that can suite your behavior similar to the asinine behavior.

Last edited by txz4; 04-16-2012 at 10:53 PM.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2012, 01:54 AM   #52
ScotchAndCigar
Banned
ScotchAndCigar's Avatar
United_States
9
Rep
817
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 128i space gray vert
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: New England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by txz4 View Post
I think you may have misread something there is nothing to defend in what he has said in regards to gay rights and the generalities therein.

I dont recall who started the argument on education (you or another)
Dude, same guy, same post. And yes, it makes all the difference in the world who started it, plus there was no "argument", just a declarative statement that "democrats are uneducated", followed by all the sheep piling on to agree with him. I countered with what I assumed was common knowledge, to wit (from above):

Professionals, those who have a college education and whose work revolves around the conceptualization of ideas, have supported the Democratic Party by a slight majority since 2000. Between 1988 and 2000, professionals favored Democrats by a 12-percentage point margin. A study on the political attitudes of medical students, for example, found that "U.S. medical students are considerably more likely to be liberal than conservative and are more likely to be liberal than are other young U.S. adults. Similar results are found for professors, who are more strongly inclined towards liberalism and the Democratic Party than other occupational groups. The Democratic Party also has strong support among scientists, with 55% identifying as Democrats, 32% as Independents, and 6% as Republicans and 52% identifying as liberal, 35% as moderate, and 9% as conservative.

Academics, intellectuals, and the highly educated overall constitute an important part of the Democratic voter base. Academia in particular tends to be progressive. In a 2005 survey, nearly 72% of full-time faculty members identified as liberal, while 15% identified as conservative. The social sciences and humanities were the most liberal disciplines while business was the most conservative. Male professors at more advanced stages of their careers as well as those at elite institutions tend be the most liberal. Another survey by UCLA conducted in 2001/02, found 47.6% of scholars identifying as liberal, 34.3% as moderate, and 18% as conservative. Percentages of professors who identified as liberal ranged from 49% in business to over 80% in political science and the humanities. Those with graduate education, have become increasingly Democratic beginning in the 1992, 1996, 2000, 2004, and 2008 elections. Intellectualism, the tendency to constantly reexamine issues, or in the words of Edwards Shields, the "penetration beyond the screen of immediate concrete experience," has also been named as an explanation why academia is strongly democratic and liberal.


So, in summary, another poster stated dems are uneducated, and others agreed. I said not true, citing common knowledge that academia is progressive, and concluded that declaring any group as uneducated is asinine. Have we beaten this inane argument to death yet?
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2012, 02:13 AM   #53
ScotchAndCigar
Banned
ScotchAndCigar's Avatar
United_States
9
Rep
817
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 128i space gray vert
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: New England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ideliver View Post
While you use the term "red neck" pejoratively...many Americans embrace the term as solidarity against an abusive government...
Yeah, and that's exactly why Jeff Foxworthy has made a career (and a billion dollar empire) from the term redneck - because it's so funny to think about solidarity against an abusive government. Give me a break!
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2012, 10:36 AM   #54
ideliver
Major
ideliver's Avatar
49
Rep
1,232
Posts

 
Drives: 08 E60 M5 & 08 Infiniti QX56
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: At the gas station

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 MB S430 SOLD  [0.00]
2003 E46 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotchAndCigar View Post
Yeah, and that's exactly why Jeff Foxworthy has made a career (and a billion dollar empire) from the term redneck - because it's so funny to think about solidarity against an abusive government. Give me a break!
black people use (to me a horrible and unthinkable word) all of the time...and make a lot of money using it in songs...that doesn't make it right...i still don't use it and end any conversation with a person that does...

so the fact that an unfunny comedian uses a word in his act...does not give liberty to another to use it pejoratively

words have meanings...if you are going to use such negative words while trying chastise others and it weakens your argument...your point gets lost (and then attacked by tools like me )
__________________
Cars I've owned '76 Chevelle 350 RIP '82 Monte Carlo 350 RIP '82 Mustang 302 RIP '88 Honda CRX RIP '88 Olds Toronado sold '94 Toyota Tercel sold '99 Acura TL sold 2002 Porsche 911 sold 2003 E46 M3 Blk/gr 2006 MB S430 sold Current: 2008 Infiniti QX56 & 2008 E60 M5

Appreciate 0
      04-21-2012, 05:15 PM   #55
ybbiz34
Moderator
ybbiz34's Avatar
181
Rep
4,714
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 C63 AMG Sedan
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: USA

iTrader: (1)

To those who will vote for Obama in 2012:

Name 5 things he has done that warrant re-election.

To those will NOT vote for Obama in 2012:


Name 5 things he has done that disappoint/aggravate you OR you can include things he should have done but did not.

To those who voted Obama the first time, but will not be doing so in the upcoming election:

Name 5 reasons for the switch.
__________________
'13 Iridium Silver C63 AMG Sedan (540 hp; 500 lb-ft)
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2012, 05:39 PM   #56
128vertinnoho
Private First Class
United_States
7
Rep
141
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 128iC
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: North Hollywood, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybbiz34 View Post
To those who will vote for Obama in 2012:

Name 5 things he has done that warrant re-election.

To those will NOT vote for Obama in 2012:


Name 5 things he has done that disappoint/aggravate you OR you can include things he should have done but did not.

To those who voted Obama the first time, but will not be doing so in the upcoming election:

Name 5 reasons for the switch.
I will proudly re-elect Obama in November. It's hard to limit his accomplishments to just five, but since you asked:

1. Repealed DADT
2. Passed the ACA
3. Passed the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act (something Mittens is clueless about apparently!)
4. Killed Osama Bin Laden
5. Extended benefits to same sex partners of Federal employees

GOBAMA!!
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2012, 06:53 PM   #57
ybbiz34
Moderator
ybbiz34's Avatar
181
Rep
4,714
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 C63 AMG Sedan
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: USA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 128vertinnoho View Post
I will proudly re-elect Obama in November. It's hard to limit his accomplishments to just five, but since you asked:

1. Repealed DADT
2. Passed the ACA
3. Passed the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act (something Mittens is clueless about apparently!)
4. Killed Osama Bin Laden
5. Extended benefits to same sex partners of Federal employees

GOBAMA!!
2. You mean the PPACA?

4. DEVGRU killed Osama Bin Laden. Obama watched on T.V.

Not to trivilaize points 1 and 5 . . . but what about the fact that during Obama's presidency so far . . . the national debt has risen by an average of over $1.7 trillion a year — which is over $1.1 trillion more, per year, than it rose even under Bush.

I read this recently. Kind of disappointing, if you ask me -

"In the 39 months since Barack Obama took the oath of office as president of the United States, the federal government’s debt has increased by $5,027,761,476,484.56.

Although he has served less than a term, Obama is now the first American president to see the federal government's debt increase by more than $5 trillion during his time in office.

During the full eight years that George W. Bush served as president, the federal government's debt increased by $4,899,100,310,608.44. (Rising from $5,727,776,738,304.64 to $10,626,877,048,913.08.)"
__________________
'13 Iridium Silver C63 AMG Sedan (540 hp; 500 lb-ft)
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2012, 12:58 PM   #58
ScotchAndCigar
Banned
ScotchAndCigar's Avatar
United_States
9
Rep
817
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 128i space gray vert
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: New England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybbiz34 View Post
2. You mean the PPACA?

4. DEVGRU killed Osama Bin Laden. Obama watched on T.V.

Not to trivilaize points 1 and 5 . . . but what about the fact that during Obama's presidency so far . . . the national debt has risen by an average of over $1.7 trillion a year — which is over $1.1 trillion more, per year, than it rose even under Bush.

I read this recently. Kind of disappointing, if you ask me -

"In the 39 months since Barack Obama took the oath of office as president of the United States, the federal government’s debt has increased by $5,027,761,476,484.56.

Although he has served less than a term, Obama is now the first American president to see the federal government's debt increase by more than $5 trillion during his time in office.

During the full eight years that George W. Bush served as president, the federal government's debt increased by $4,899,100,310,608.44. (Rising from $5,727,776,738,304.64 to $10,626,877,048,913.08.)"
Now I know why this forum is so horrible; someone like you is a moderator, with your racist avatar, and your slanted questions & answers. By the way, if you want to be a real fascist, you can ban me.

You may also want to take a lesson in math and finance. In terms of percent of GDP, the debt increase under Obama is about 33%, under Bush 2 it was almost doubled, and under Reagan it almost tripled. http://www.skymachines.com/president...ental-Term.htm

So how's your theory now? And that doesn't consider that most of the debt under the Obama term is not even his doing. http://www.whitehouse.gov/infographics/us-national-debt

And Bush Cheney did squat to get bin Laden, while Obama Got 'er Done. Why don't you just moderate, and not offer your completely slanted and out of touch opinion?
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2012, 01:41 PM   #59
ybbiz34
Moderator
ybbiz34's Avatar
181
Rep
4,714
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 C63 AMG Sedan
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: USA

iTrader: (1)

No I'm a moderator because I can have calm discussions without resorting to ad hominem attacks.

I met some nice folks from New England when they were here in Indy for the Super Bowl. We didn't agree on everything (especially regarding the Brady/Manning debate ) but nobody berated one another or anything like that . . .

A couple of things:

1) How is my avatar racist?

- I pretty much ignored everything you said after that because after that comment it became evident that you A) Didn't know anything about the history of this flag; B) Were too lazy to do any research.

- Here you go: http://www.foundingfathers.info/stories/gadsden.html

2) I didn't calculate those numbers. I read those numbers elsewhere.

3) Is my opinion evil because it is not aligned with yours?

Thanks and have a good day. If you're a young man, try to relax so you'll live a bit longer. This is just an internet message board lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotchAndCigar View Post
Now I know why this forum is so horrible; someone like you is a moderator, with your racist avatar, and your slanted questions & answers. By the way, if you want to be a real fascist, you can ban me.

You may also want to take a lesson in math and finance. In terms of percent of GDP, the debt increase under Obama is about 33%, under Bush 2 it was almost doubled, and under Reagan it almost tripled. http://www.skymachines.com/president...ental-Term.htm

So how's your theory now? And that doesn't consider that most of the debt under the Obama term is not even his doing. http://www.whitehouse.gov/infographics/us-national-debt

And Bush Cheney did squat to get bin Laden, while Obama Got 'er Done. Why don't you just moderate, and not offer your completely slanted and out of touch opinion?
__________________
'13 Iridium Silver C63 AMG Sedan (540 hp; 500 lb-ft)
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2012, 04:54 PM   #60
ideliver
Major
ideliver's Avatar
49
Rep
1,232
Posts

 
Drives: 08 E60 M5 & 08 Infiniti QX56
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: At the gas station

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 MB S430 SOLD  [0.00]
2003 E46 M3  [0.00]
take a look at his post history...and you'll get a flavor of his "tolerance" of others...especially his posts deleted by other moderators
__________________
Cars I've owned '76 Chevelle 350 RIP '82 Monte Carlo 350 RIP '82 Mustang 302 RIP '88 Honda CRX RIP '88 Olds Toronado sold '94 Toyota Tercel sold '99 Acura TL sold 2002 Porsche 911 sold 2003 E46 M3 Blk/gr 2006 MB S430 sold Current: 2008 Infiniti QX56 & 2008 E60 M5

Appreciate 0
      04-22-2012, 05:01 PM   #61
OldArmy
Lieutenant
United_States
17
Rep
523
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0si
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Central Virginia

iTrader: (0)

Yes, moderators have a higher responsibility to be controlled and civil. They have to toe the line, and we expect them to show restraint and class. For instance, a moderator cant:

-Call someone names no matter how much they deserve it
-Call attention to the persistent run and dodge nature of someone's posts
-Mention that a particular person finds refuge in the detailed at the expense of the grand.
-Note that someone may act as if they are the moral arbiter of the post and whines and cries when challenged
-That someone routinely insults, denegrates others yet objects when they get the same treatment.

Nope, a moderator can't do any of those things.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2012, 05:43 PM   #62
ScotchAndCigar
Banned
ScotchAndCigar's Avatar
United_States
9
Rep
817
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 128i space gray vert
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: New England

iTrader: (0)

1. You guys don't like my posts because I dare to disagree or aim to prove you wrong. Boohoo.
2. If you claim it's because my posts are offensive, I can easily produce a dozen likewise from OldArmy, so grow-up.
3. I have no problem with a moderator posting his viewpoint, but the "question baiting" (asking a question with the sole intent of trashing whoever answers) is not acceptable behavior for a mod.
4. You've all heard the accusation that the arcane "don't tread on me" is racist. Disagree all you want, but don't fake ignorance pretending I'm the only accuser.
5. You're all creating a smokescreen to avoid the facts about the debt proving the moderator is completely off-base.
6. I'm not the one who went on the offensive with bullshit numbers about Obama and the debt, when the culprits are Reagan/Bush. So yes, the constant, relentless Obama bashing upsets me. That's why I post replies.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2012, 05:44 PM   #63
ybbiz34
Moderator
ybbiz34's Avatar
181
Rep
4,714
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 C63 AMG Sedan
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: USA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ideliver View Post
take a look at his post history...and you'll get a flavor of his "tolerance" of others...especially his posts deleted by other moderators
I rarely frequent this forum - I remember why now. Anytime I try to participate I'm immediately attacked personally for anything I write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldArmy View Post
Yes, moderators have a higher responsibility to be controlled and civil. They have to toe the line, and we expect them to show restraint and class. For instance, a moderator cant:

-Call someone names no matter how much they deserve it
-Call attention to the persistent run and dodge nature of someone's posts
-Mention that a particular person finds refuge in the detailed at the expense of the grand.
-Note that someone may act as if they are the moral arbiter of the post and whines and cries when challenged
-That someone routinely insults, denegrates others yet objects when they get the same treatment.

Nope, a moderator can't do any of those things.
Okay. Well, since I didn't do anything of those things am I good to go?
__________________
'13 Iridium Silver C63 AMG Sedan (540 hp; 500 lb-ft)
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2012, 06:46 PM   #64
ybbiz34
Moderator
ybbiz34's Avatar
181
Rep
4,714
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 C63 AMG Sedan
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: USA

iTrader: (1)

3. I wasn't trashing anyone. I was responding and posting my viewpoint.

So which is it my friend? Am I allowed to post or not? You're telling me how to behave and I am the fascist? (That's what you called me - a fascist.)

If you disagree with anything in my response, that's perfectly fine. Just do so in a calm, respectful manner.

4. I really don't see how the Gadsden flag is racist. It's a popular flag among firearm enthusiasts and you can understand why from the flag's history. Nike also uses the flag for its "Don't Tread On Me" Soccer Campaign (one of many contemporary uses for the flag).

If you can find some information pertaining to why it is racist - please share.

By the way, I have several non-Caucasian friends that have the Gadsden hanging somewhere in their house or have Gadsden flag stickers/patches on their gear.

6. I went on the offensive by posting some numbers I read?

Have a nice day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotchAndCigar View Post
1. You guys don't like my posts because I dare to disagree or aim to prove you wrong. Boohoo.
2. If you claim it's because my posts are offensive, I can easily produce a dozen likewise from OldArmy, so grow-up.
3. I have no problem with a moderator posting his viewpoint, but the "question baiting" (asking a question with the sole intent of trashing whoever answers) is not acceptable behavior for a mod.
4. You've all heard the accusation that the arcane "don't tread on me" is racist. Disagree all you want, but don't fake ignorance pretending I'm the only accuser.
5. You're all creating a smokescreen to avoid the facts about the debt proving the moderator is completely off-base.
6. I'm not the one who went on the offensive with bullshit numbers about Obama and the debt, when the culprits are Reagan/Bush. So yes, the constant, relentless Obama bashing upsets me. That's why I post replies.
Attached Images
 
__________________
'13 Iridium Silver C63 AMG Sedan (540 hp; 500 lb-ft)
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2012, 07:28 PM   #65
Sidney
Dishonorably discharged
3
Rep
140
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 e90 335i 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: The 'burgh

iTrader: (0)

My $0.02, for that's about what its worth: Libs may or may not be more educated but they sure as hell find themselves to be superior. And why does it seem most "progressives" (gag) live in a state that touches an ocean? Cons have allowed the bible-thumpers to steal the party, and the close-mindedness and moral high ground that comes with it has likely ruined the GOP forever.

Both parties suck. I really struggle to understand how any thinking person can vehemently support either one.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2012, 08:16 PM   #66
ScotchAndCigar
Banned
ScotchAndCigar's Avatar
United_States
9
Rep
817
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 128i space gray vert
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: New England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybbiz34 View Post
3. I wasn't trashing anyone. I was responding and posting my viewpoint.

So which is it my friend? Am I allowed to post or not? You're telling me how to behave and I am the fascist? (That's what you called me - a fascist.)

If you disagree with anything in my response, that's perfectly fine. Just do so in a calm, respectful manner.

4. I really don't see how the Gadsden flag is racist. It's a popular flag among firearm enthusiasts and you can understand why from the flag's history. Nike also uses the flag for its "Don't Tread On Me" Soccer Campaign (one of many contemporary uses for the flag).

If you can find some information pertaining to why it is racist - please share.

By the way, I have several non-Caucasian friends that have the Gadsden hanging somewhere in their house or have Gadsden flag stickers/patches on their gear.

6. I went on the offensive by posting some numbers I read?

Have a nice day.
This back-and-forth point-by-point is annoying, so I'll be brief. I only said that banning me would be fascist, didn't call you one.
You clearly used "question baiting" to denigrate the opposition, you weren't really interested in someone's answers to your questions. You could've simply posted your opinion, but you posed the question instead.
Flag: http://www.realcourage.org/2010/04/t...-promote-hate/
You are still avoiding comment on the debt facts.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:39 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST