BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery
 
EclipsisNA
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-22-2012, 03:44 AM   #45
jonasaurus
Brigadier General
 
jonasaurus's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: London

Posts: 3,140
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter Peter View Post
Nice build, nice photos, well done
Thank you!
__________________
///M3 | E90 LCI | Space Grey | Fox Red with CF Structure | 6MT | 260M | My build
jonasaurus is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      03-22-2012, 05:55 PM   #46
ss134
Brigadier General
 
ss134's Avatar
 
Drives: ...a hard bargain...
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Germany/UK

Posts: 3,417
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonasaurus View Post
Fair enough, I would have had to take it off your hands in Oct had you gone through with it :P
Make me a decent offer for October now and i will buy it and sell to you in perfect condition in October
__________________
2014 AW F80 M3 DCT
2011 AW E90 M3 DCT - Sold
2010 JZB E90 M3 DCT - Sold
2009 6MT E90 LCI 335i M -Sport - Sold
ss134 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      03-22-2012, 06:33 PM   #47
snowmants
Captain
 
snowmants's Avatar
 
Drives: '97 S14, '08 E90 M3, '11JeepGC
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Charlottesville, VA

Posts: 632
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 BMW E90 M3  [5.00]
Looks good. I think a set of OEM black M3 GTS wheels and a second BMW performace seat would really finish the look!
__________________
'08 Alpine White E90 M3 DCT

"In the NASA 2012 rules just released, double clutch transmissions are officially +6 points."
snowmants is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-23-2012, 03:18 AM   #48
jonasaurus
Brigadier General
 
jonasaurus's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: London

Posts: 3,140
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss134 View Post
Make me a decent offer for October now and i will buy it and sell to you in perfect condition in October
Let me PM you on that one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmants View Post
Looks good. I think a set of OEM black M3 GTS wheels and a second BMW performace seat would really finish the look!
Thanks! I agree some 359Ms would look good but have a preference for 18s (18s in general not just OEM).
__________________
///M3 | E90 LCI | Space Grey | Fox Red with CF Structure | 6MT | 260M | My build
jonasaurus is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      03-23-2012, 11:09 AM   #49
j2m
Colonel
 
j2m's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 E92 M3 DCT
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Calgary, Ab

Posts: 2,452
iTrader: (8)

Garage List
2011 BMW E92 M3  [5.00]
Dude, really diggin the car BUT need some better pics in sunlight to really appreciate the SG
Great job on the moddin
__________________

11' E92 M3 Space Grey | DCT | ESS VT2- 625 | Gintani Race (valved) + Quad Res Catless X-Pipe | KW Sleeve's | GC Camber Plates|Arkym Diffuser | Vorsteiner VRS Lip | P3 Boost Guage | Stud Conversion
PHOTO's: Click Here ESS VT2 625 PHOTOS: Click Here
j2m is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-24-2012, 02:30 AM   #50
jonasaurus
Brigadier General
 
jonasaurus's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: London

Posts: 3,140
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by j2M3 View Post
Dude, really diggin the car BUT need some better pics in sunlight to really appreciate the SG
Great job on the moddin
Cheers, definitely on the list to get some better shots
__________________
///M3 | E90 LCI | Space Grey | Fox Red with CF Structure | 6MT | 260M | My build
jonasaurus is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      04-17-2012, 02:16 PM   #51
jonasaurus
Brigadier General
 
jonasaurus's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: London

Posts: 3,140
iTrader: (0)

UPDATE 16 Apr 2012

Took the E90 out for its first track day yesterday at Bedford Autodrome, event was organised by BMWCCGB so was all BMWs. Wide range of cars out there from E92 M3s, E46 M3s, E36s, Z3M, Z3MC, Z4M, Z4MC, a CSL, and a 1M.

BMW Performance sports pads (and associated discs) performed flawlessly lap after lap, last stint did 9 laps in one hit (each lap less than 4 miles) and had no signs of fade or change in brake pedal feel. Performance buckets were good although could have done with a touch more side thigh support.

Kept MDM on the whole time, wasn't overly intrusive although on the tight hairpin leading on to the long straight when trying to put the power down early there was hesitation.

Also met a fellow M3Post member mlhj83, nice to meet you see you at another track event in the near future!

Photos are courtesy of Darren Teagles (BMWCCGB) so thank you for the shoot and sharing of them.





__________________
///M3 | E90 LCI | Space Grey | Fox Red with CF Structure | 6MT | 260M | My build
jonasaurus is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      04-17-2012, 03:27 PM   #52
positiveions
Lieutenant General
 
positiveions's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 MKV JETTA 2.5 & E90 M3 :)
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: La Verne, CA

Posts: 10,409
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via MSN to positiveions Send a message via Yahoo to positiveions
two thumbs for the SW and the seat.
positiveions is offline   Lebanon
0
Reply With Quote
      04-17-2012, 04:03 PM   #53
the infamous...
Relapsed Bimmerpost Addict
 
the infamous...'s Avatar
 
Drives: like I'M BOUT THAT LIFE
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: PARADISE aka CANES COUNTRY

Posts: 17,538
iTrader: (0)

@ update

looks awesome in action
__________________


"simple is clean" -The ///ModFather
the infamous... is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-18-2012, 01:44 PM   #54
mlhj83
Scythe-Meister
 
mlhj83's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 E92 M3 DCT ZCP
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: London

Posts: 1,021
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonasaurus View Post
Took the E90 out for its first track day yesterday at Bedford Autodrome, event was organised by BMWCCGB so was all BMWs. Wide range of cars out there from E92 M3s, E46 M3s, E36s, Z3M, Z3MC, Z4M, Z4MC, a CSL, and a 1M.

BMW Performance sports pads (and associated discs) performed flawlessly lap after lap, last stint did 9 laps in one hit (each lap less than 4 miles) and had no signs of fade or change in brake pedal feel. Performance buckets were good although could have done with a touch more side thigh support.

Kept MDM on the whole time, wasn't overly intrusive although on the tight hairpin leading on to the long straight when trying to put the power down early there was hesitation.

Also met a fellow M3Post member mlhj83, nice to meet you see you at another track event in the near future!
Great to have met a fellow M3poster. SG Saloon looks superb. Just need to get another seat

Look forward to your video and the next track day.
mlhj83 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      04-19-2012, 09:49 AM   #55
jonasaurus
Brigadier General
 
jonasaurus's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: London

Posts: 3,140
iTrader: (0)

__________________
///M3 | E90 LCI | Space Grey | Fox Red with CF Structure | 6MT | 260M | My build
jonasaurus is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      04-19-2012, 10:56 AM   #56
snowmants
Captain
 
snowmants's Avatar
 
Drives: '97 S14, '08 E90 M3, '11JeepGC
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Charlottesville, VA

Posts: 632
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 BMW E90 M3  [5.00]
looking good!
__________________
'08 Alpine White E90 M3 DCT

"In the NASA 2012 rules just released, double clutch transmissions are officially +6 points."
snowmants is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-19-2012, 07:37 PM   #57
mlhj83
Scythe-Meister
 
mlhj83's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 E92 M3 DCT ZCP
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: London

Posts: 1,021
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonasaurus View Post
Nice, your lines are pretty much spot on

Till the next track day!
mlhj83 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      04-20-2012, 02:18 AM   #58
jonasaurus
Brigadier General
 
jonasaurus's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: London

Posts: 3,140
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatrach73 View Post
two thumbs for the SW and the seat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the infamous... View Post
looks awesome in action
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmants View Post
looking good!
Thanks guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmants View Post
Nice, your lines are pretty much spot on

Till the next track day!
Thanks mate, in that lap though I overcooked it / understeered into one of the corners and didn't use throttle application.
__________________
///M3 | E90 LCI | Space Grey | Fox Red with CF Structure | 6MT | 260M | My build
jonasaurus is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      04-20-2012, 07:01 AM   #59
macakacheck
Private First Class
 
macakacheck's Avatar
 
Drives: 11' E93 M3/14' F12 650i
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Irvine

Posts: 165
iTrader: (3)

Very nice!
__________________
MacakaCheck
macakacheck is offline   Taiwan
0
Reply With Quote
      10-10-2012, 04:43 PM   #60
jonasaurus
Brigadier General
 
jonasaurus's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: London

Posts: 3,140
iTrader: (0)

UPDATE - 10 October 2012

On the annual road trip and currently in Lake Como. Tomorrow will be making my way into Switzerland and Germany then eventually France and back to London via the Eurotunnel. Whilst in Tuscany took a few snaps.







__________________
///M3 | E90 LCI | Space Grey | Fox Red with CF Structure | 6MT | 260M | My build

Last edited by jonasaurus; 10-10-2012 at 05:23 PM.
jonasaurus is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      10-10-2012, 05:05 PM   #61
positiveions
Lieutenant General
 
positiveions's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 MKV JETTA 2.5 & E90 M3 :)
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: La Verne, CA

Posts: 10,409
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via MSN to positiveions Send a message via Yahoo to positiveions
/\ Lake como is beautiful. My favorite spot for a long vacation (retirement)
positiveions is offline   Lebanon
0
Reply With Quote
      10-10-2012, 05:13 PM   #62
jonasaurus
Brigadier General
 
jonasaurus's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: London

Posts: 3,140
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by positiveions View Post
/\ Lake como is beautiful. My favorite spot for a long vacation (retirement)
Big fan here as well!

__________________
///M3 | E90 LCI | Space Grey | Fox Red with CF Structure | 6MT | 260M | My build
jonasaurus is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      03-01-2013, 09:10 AM   #63
W///
Brigadier General
 
W///'s Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3/1999 E36 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SC

Posts: 4,280
iTrader: (11)

So cool. I've driven the short course at Bedford (was in Oxford for a business trip) in their track prepped M3. Had a ton of blast.

Also stayed at Lake Como during another business trip. Mind blowingly beautiful out there.

Have you considered switching out your shift knob with a ZHP one? THat was one of my first modifications on the M3.
__________________
2008 E92 M3: Sparkling Graphite | Bamboo Beige | 6MT | CF Roof | HRE | Eisenmann | BPM Sport | Swift | Arkym | Mode Carbon | M.Perf
W/// is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-01-2013, 01:29 PM   #64
jonasaurus
Brigadier General
 
jonasaurus's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: London

Posts: 3,140
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
So cool. I've driven the short course at Bedford (was in Oxford for a business trip) in their track prepped M3. Had a ton of blast.

Also stayed at Lake Como during another business trip. Mind blowingly beautiful out there.

Have you considered switching out your shift knob with a ZHP one? THat was one of my first modifications on the M3.
I quite like Bedford, lots of run off so feels quite 'safe' in that sense, Brands Hatch is a closer track but is quite a tight one, yet to try it!

Have considered the M5 shift knob as its weighted and lights up but I think it looks a bit ugly, that being said the stock one probably isn't much better. Should probably revisit the idea

Sounds like you have the ideal job, get to travel to some great places!
__________________
///M3 | E90 LCI | Space Grey | Fox Red with CF Structure | 6MT | 260M | My build
jonasaurus is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      03-01-2013, 01:53 PM   #65
W///
Brigadier General
 
W///'s Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3/1999 E36 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SC

Posts: 4,280
iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonasaurus View Post
I quite like Bedford, lots of run off so feels quite 'safe' in that sense, Brands Hatch is a closer track but is quite a tight one, yet to try it!

Have considered the M5 shift knob as its weighted and lights up but I think it looks a bit ugly, that being said the stock one probably isn't much better. Should probably revisit the idea

Sounds like you have the ideal job, get to travel to some great places!
Honestly, once I've gone ZHP, I've hated every single other knob out there. To me, it's perfect because the throw is just right, and it's OEM. Not a big fan of the aftermarket look inside. Obviously you've got amazing seats, but I'd say the ZHP knob was what really transformed the car for me.

I had a blast at the Autodrome. It was between that or Brands Hatch, but I really wanted to try a track prepped M3. Went to Brands Hatch for the DTM race though.
__________________
2008 E92 M3: Sparkling Graphite | Bamboo Beige | 6MT | CF Roof | HRE | Eisenmann | BPM Sport | Swift | Arkym | Mode Carbon | M.Perf
W/// is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-01-2013, 03:29 PM   #66
RingMeister01
Lieutenant Colonel
 
RingMeister01's Avatar
 
Drives: Ducati 1199R
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: New York

Posts: 1,858
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
So nice. Love the action shots.
RingMeister01 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:05 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST