BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-28-2012, 01:59 PM   #1
dnvrdrvr
Captain Obvious
dnvrdrvr's Avatar
United_States
8
Rep
799
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 Carbon X5M
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Denver, CO

iTrader: (4)

Mad props to Gintani

Just want to give a shout out to the guys at Gintani. After over a year of trying to talk my husband into it, he finally gave me the thumbs up to replace the M3's OEM exhaust. Since I'd had so long to research, I knew exactly what I wanted for my E90: Gintani, polished with those giant dual walled tips. I was less certain if I wanted Sport, Hybrid or Race. So I called them.

We talked at length about what I wanted [for the car to sound like it should, the ability to track it where there are sound limitations], how I drove & my commute [I prefer twisty back roads instead of the straight shot on the highway], whether I'd be adding the x-pipe [not right away, but likely later], how often I have passengers [hardly ever], etc. Arno was very concerned the Hybrid and Race would drone too much and be too loud. After our conversation, I agreed... mostly. But I went ahead and placed the order for Sport based on his recommendation.

Then the oddest thing happened. Less than an hour later, Arno called me back. He starts off by saying he's never called anyone back. But he wanted to double check that I had ordered what I really wanted. We talked for another 15 minutes or so and I had him change my order to the Race. I hung up and did a little happy dance.

See, here's one of the (many) reasons I am so pleased with Gintani - I'm a woman and I realize how odd it seems to most businesses that a woman is enthusiastic about something like this. I have had folks give me the equivalent of a pat on the back and a "that's nice dear". These guys didn't do that - they asked me a lot of questions and then... they listened.

And then... they sent me an outstanding product. The Race exhaust sounds just wicked. It's exactly what I wanted. It's also exactly as described (there is drone in the lower rev ranges [1500-1900] - but they were clear with me that would be there). The welds are superb. Teeny tiny hand welds aren't easy to do and these are simply gorgeous. Fitment was spot-on. It took just over an hour for my husband to pull the OEM off and install the new one.

A few locals are meeting up this weekend to sample each other's aftermarket exhaust. Not only am I excited to let other enthusiasts hear it, I'm happy to be able to recommend Gintani without a single qualm. Thanks guys!!
__________________
Just a girl and her 550 ponies...
www.mw3motorsports.com
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2012, 02:28 PM   #2
CarbonFoot
First Lieutenant
CarbonFoot's Avatar
6
Rep
332
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 E90 M3 DCT
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: CA - Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

I am woman - Hear Me ROAR! Congrats on your new pipes. Good the hear Gintani took the time to get you exactly what you wanted with full disclosure.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2012, 08:34 PM   #3
System Of A...
Captain
System Of A...'s Avatar
Armenia
22
Rep
865
Posts

 
Drives: e93 M3
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: 818

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 BMW e93 M3  [3.83]
Thats awesome. I'm getting my gintani race installed on Tuesday. Cant wait!!!
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2012, 03:24 PM   #4
System Of A...
Captain
System Of A...'s Avatar
Armenia
22
Rep
865
Posts

 
Drives: e93 M3
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: 818

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 BMW e93 M3  [3.83]
never mind. postponed another week

should take one week and a half, been almost 3 weeks now!! cant wait :/
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2012, 03:28 PM   #5
GOLFFRR
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
GOLFFRR's Avatar
277
Rep
17,383
Posts


 
Drives: Golf Cart
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Solvang, CA/Camarillo, CA

iTrader: (4)

Awesome congrats! Im sure it sounds great!
__________________

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL US FIRST WE CAN HOOK YOU UP!
Need a quote or assistance from David? GO HERE-->bmwdavid@icloud.com or 202-262-2900
David's ED special ALL M cars-->http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1042739
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2012, 03:36 PM   #6
M3PO
Colonel
M3PO's Avatar
34
Rep
2,777
Posts

 
Drives: '08 IB E92
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: OC

iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrdrvr View Post
Just want to give a shout out to the guys at Gintani. After over a year of trying to talk my husband into it, he finally gave me the thumbs up to replace the M3's OEM exhaust. Since I'd had so long to research, I knew exactly what I wanted for my E90: Gintani, polished with those giant dual walled tips. I was less certain if I wanted Sport, Hybrid or Race. So I called them.

We talked at length about what I wanted [for the car to sound like it should, the ability to track it where there are sound limitations], how I drove & my commute [I prefer twisty back roads instead of the straight shot on the highway], whether I'd be adding the x-pipe [not right away, but likely later], how often I have passengers [hardly ever], etc. Arno was very concerned the Hybrid and Race would drone too much and be too loud. After our conversation, I agreed... mostly. But I went ahead and placed the order for Sport based on his recommendation.

Then the oddest thing happened. Less than an hour later, Arno called me back. He starts off by saying he's never called anyone back. But he wanted to double check that I had ordered what I really wanted. We talked for another 15 minutes or so and I had him change my order to the Race. I hung up and did a little happy dance.

See, here's one of the (many) reasons I am so pleased with Gintani - I'm a woman and I realize how odd it seems to most businesses that a woman is enthusiastic about something like this. I have had folks give me the equivalent of a pat on the back and a "that's nice dear". These guys didn't do that - they asked me a lot of questions and then... they listened.

And then... they sent me an outstanding product. The Race exhaust sounds just wicked. It's exactly what I wanted. It's also exactly as described (there is drone in the lower rev ranges [1500-1900] - but they were clear with me that would be there). The welds are superb. Teeny tiny hand welds aren't easy to do and these are simply gorgeous. Fitment was spot-on. It took just over an hour for my husband to pull the OEM off and install the new one.

A few locals are meeting up this weekend to sample each other's aftermarket exhaust. Not only am I excited to let other enthusiasts hear it, I'm happy to be able to recommend Gintani without a single qualm. Thanks guys!!
You lost me after that. IMO, you don't need your husband's approval. Most of us guys wrestle with this with our wives/GFs and we shouldn't have to. You even less so. He should be happy that his lady wants to improve her sex appeal! Guys go weak in the knees for a lady with a sexy car, especially when she knows how to mod it!

Sorry for the OT!
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2012, 03:48 PM   #7
SoTempted
Captain
SoTempted's Avatar
8
Rep
758
Posts

 
Drives: Incompetently
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Clovis, NM

iTrader: (2)

...heading over to YouTube to see what all this Gintani hype is about.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2012, 09:36 AM   #8
dnvrdrvr
Captain Obvious
dnvrdrvr's Avatar
United_States
8
Rep
799
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 Carbon X5M
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Denver, CO

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3PO View Post
You lost me after that. IMO, you don't need your husband's approval. Most of us guys wrestle with this with our wives/GFs and we shouldn't have to. You even less so. He should be happy that his lady wants to improve her sex appeal! Guys go weak in the knees for a lady with a sexy car, especially when she knows how to mod it!

Sorry for the OT!
He knows that when I'm sinking money into the E90, I'm doing it with the goal of getting it back out on track. He had me buy a semi-prepped E36 M3 last year to track instead because he started getting... uncomfortable about me driving at limits that could do serious damage (to me and the car) should things go awry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoTempted View Post
...heading over to YouTube to see what all this Gintani hype is about.
YouTube doesn't do many of the exhausts justice. Met last weekend with 3 other local folks who had various exhausts to take a listen. For the most part, the tone in the videos is about right but lacking in fullness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by System Of A... View Post
never mind. postponed another week

should take one week and a half, been almost 3 weeks now!! cant wait :/
Your patience will be rewarded I'll quote myself when I was describing how I felt the first time I started the car to a fellow enthusiast girlfriend: "I had a completely inappropriate physical response..." Yeah. It's hawt And totally worth the wait!
__________________
Just a girl and her 550 ponies...
www.mw3motorsports.com
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2012, 08:00 PM   #9
rjd598
Brigadier General
rjd598's Avatar
United_States
55
Rep
4,646
Posts

 
Drives: 10' M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Diego,CA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [4.50]
1999 BMW M3  [0.00]
wheres the exhaust clip!?!?!?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2012, 08:52 PM   #10
xchosun1x
FNG
xchosun1x's Avatar
United_States
50
Rep
2,148
Posts

 
Drives: JZB 2008 E92 M3 DCT
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (9)

gintani FTW
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2012, 01:04 PM   #11
dnvrdrvr
Captain Obvious
dnvrdrvr's Avatar
United_States
8
Rep
799
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 Carbon X5M
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Denver, CO

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd598
wheres the exhaust clip!?!?!?
It was too windy, we didn't get anything usable. I'll just say it shakes the pictures in my house from a cold start.
__________________
Just a girl and her 550 ponies...
www.mw3motorsports.com
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2012, 03:43 PM   #12
System Of A...
Captain
System Of A...'s Avatar
Armenia
22
Rep
865
Posts

 
Drives: e93 M3
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: 818

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 BMW e93 M3  [3.83]
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...3#post11752753

Last edited by System Of A...; 04-14-2012 at 04:46 AM.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2012, 04:12 PM   #13
E90///M3`
Major General
Philippines
62
Rep
5,278
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E90M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Daly City -4- Work///Camarillo is Home

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW E90 M3  [3.80]
Quote:
Originally Posted by System Of A... View Post
STILL no exhaust from Gintani. At this point I'm fucking pissed off. It's been 26 days and they say it should be ready on "thursday or friday" when they told me last week it will be ready on "wednesday or thursday" and the week before that "next week".

If they told me its going to take one month I would not have purchased it. But no they told me one week and a half maximum. And I didn't even order powdercoating. Jesus christ.
uh oh... that sucks to hear man. hope it all get's sorted out.
__________________
- Jason P
:Have: 08 E90M3, Varis VRS Front Lip, LS3, ESS Supercharger, Arqray Exhaust, Neez Wheels
:Want: VRS Carbon GT Wing & Cooling Bonnet, LCI Taillights
:Videos: EnvyRidesTV, GPR 1, GPR 2, GPR 3, ///MFEST
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2012, 09:52 PM   #14
System Of A...
Captain
System Of A...'s Avatar
Armenia
22
Rep
865
Posts

 
Drives: e93 M3
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: 818

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 BMW e93 M3  [3.83]
Only thing keeping me sane is the sound that it will produce. Hopefully its worth it
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2012, 09:39 AM   #15
dnvrdrvr
Captain Obvious
dnvrdrvr's Avatar
United_States
8
Rep
799
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 Carbon X5M
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Denver, CO

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by System Of A... View Post
Only thing keeping me sane is the sound that it will produce. Hopefully its worth it
I think you'll find it is. Not only that, it's just BEAUTIFUL. If you know anything about welding, you'll be awed by the hand work that goes into making each one. Hope yours shows up soon! Hve you tred calling? Mine was a few days later than I had expected... when I called they said they had run out of the dual-walled tips and were waiting on them to arrive.
__________________
Just a girl and her 550 ponies...
www.mw3motorsports.com
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2012, 01:07 PM   #16
persian54
Lieutenant General
persian54's Avatar
United_States
285
Rep
15,812
Posts

 
Drives: SL550. Prev: E93 M3/335i/Z435i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal

iTrader: (291)

Quote:
Originally Posted by System Of A... View Post
Only thing keeping me sane is the sound that it will produce. Hopefully its worth it
1 month isn't bad dude lol

Now, if you had kept calling and calling and no answer...then I'd be mad lol
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2012, 02:11 PM   #17
System Of A...
Captain
System Of A...'s Avatar
Armenia
22
Rep
865
Posts

 
Drives: e93 M3
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: 818

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 BMW e93 M3  [3.83]
Its bad when they told you it will take 1/4 that time :/
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2012, 07:37 PM   #18
persian54
Lieutenant General
persian54's Avatar
United_States
285
Rep
15,812
Posts

 
Drives: SL550. Prev: E93 M3/335i/Z435i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal

iTrader: (291)

Quote:
Originally Posted by System Of A... View Post
Its bad when they told you it will take 1/4 that time :/
wait until you find one of those vendors that don't even respond to phone calls... lol. those are the worst
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 11:18 AM   #19
dnvrdrvr
Captain Obvious
dnvrdrvr's Avatar
United_States
8
Rep
799
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 Carbon X5M
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Denver, CO

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by System Of A... View Post
Its bad when they told you it will take 1/4 that time :/
Any word?
__________________
Just a girl and her 550 ponies...
www.mw3motorsports.com
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 03:01 PM   #20
System Of A...
Captain
System Of A...'s Avatar
Armenia
22
Rep
865
Posts

 
Drives: e93 M3
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: 818

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 BMW e93 M3  [3.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrdrvr View Post
Any word?
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...3#post11752753

Appreciate 0
      04-21-2012, 02:31 PM   #21
dnvrdrvr
Captain Obvious
dnvrdrvr's Avatar
United_States
8
Rep
799
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 Carbon X5M
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Denver, CO

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by System Of A... View Post
Excellent! Seems as if you agree it was worth the long, agonizing wait. ENJOY! I know I amů
__________________
Just a girl and her 550 ponies...
www.mw3motorsports.com
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2012, 06:58 PM   #22
THE-FN-MAN
Captain
11
Rep
868
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3 x2
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: the wood

iTrader: (0)

Was at Gintani today, Alex, Arno, Brian and the whole crew are awesome guys who really know there stuff. Pleasure working with them!
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:27 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST