BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

GetBMWParts

04-11-2012, 11:54 AM   #23
Epacy2
Major

Drives: M3/X5

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarei View Post
I thought I was going to open this thread to see a member coming out of the closet
You into glory holes?
      04-11-2012, 12:05 PM   #24
C|3R1C
So Kewl Guy

Drives: 2010 E93 M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameh
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdlfbio
I always thought the left lane was for passing, not cruising even 15 over the speed limit. And even worse I if someone is behind you and you choose to impede their progress.

Get in the left lane, make your pass, get out of the lane. When you hit traffic again, repeat. if traffic is dense, you are passing, and you are going fast enough that nobody is close to your tail, fine. But if someone wants to pass faster, get the hell over. Sorry, but seems there were two with poor behavior in this event.
I half agree. The left lane is for passing only on a hwy WITHOUT a speed limit. On a hwy with a speed limit, if you're driving 10-15 more than the speed limit, I think you can cruise in left lane, getting out of the way for a faster car becomes a curtsy but not a mandate. It's different if you're driving at or below the speed limit. I'm not a hypocrite either, if I'm the one driving 90 in a 65 I don't expect the people driving 75-80 to get out of the way for me, I change lanes. My 2C
In California, it is the law to move out of the way of faster vehicles, regardless of speed
      04-11-2012, 12:13 PM   #25
crabman
Captain

Drives: M3

Also in WA but I have never seen or even heard of it happening and when this common gripe comes up and the law requiring slower traffic to move over when possible is discussed I have never heard anyone say they have seen it or know of it happening either.
      04-11-2012, 12:38 PM   #26
mkoesel
United_States

Drives: 2015 SO/CSAT F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nautik View Post
Anyone that cuts in front of you forcing you to brake is a bad driver in my opinion. Feel free to cut in front of me all you want and I don't mind lifting on the gas but don't make me brake! So if you have a fast car and you can cut in front of me but you get on it so you don't disturb me, more power to you!
So true.

And what I notice is that no one - not one driver out there - is ambivolent to being forced to slow down like this by another driver cutting over in front of them. It is just something that no one appreciates in any way. Yet so many out there, just like our Altima friend in the OP's recount, get very, very testy when they cut you off in this manner and then you end up breathing down their neck for at least a moment until you can back off (and hopefully remain calm and cool).

The takeaway once again, is that people want to treat others like absolute dog shit, but expect to be treated all special in return. A bunch of mindless me-me-me hypocrites and yet the guy in the BMW gets the douchebag sign. What a bullshit place we live in. Oh well, driving the M3 everyday is a privilidge that I feel I've at least in small part earned by trying desperately not to be like all the sheep and actually having some semblence of integrity.
      04-11-2012, 02:07 PM   #27
immiketoo
Colonel

Drives: Smoothly

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
So true.

And what I notice is that no one - not one driver out there - is ambivolent to being forced to slow down like this by another driver cutting over in front of them. It is just something that no one appreciates in any way. Yet so many out there, just like our Altima friend in the OP's recount, get very, very testy when they cut you off in this manner and then you end up breathing down their neck for at least a moment until you can back off (and hopefully remain calm and cool).

The takeaway once again, is that people want to treat others like absolute dog shit, but expect to be treated all special in return. A bunch of mindless me-me-me hypocrites and yet the guy in the BMW gets the douchebag sign. What a bullshit place we live in. Oh well, driving the M3 everyday is a privilidge that I feel I've at least in small part earned by trying desperately not to be like all the sheep and actually having some semblence of integrity.
This is so true. The thing I hate most is when so asshole driver cuts me off/turns into my lane where I have the right to be and then glares at me like its MY fault, even though they are oblivious to the fact that they are in the wrong. The amount of hate people have pent up inside them is ridiculous.

If I ever rule the world, driver's licenses are going to be like gold. You only receive one after you can pass MY test. I will, of course have a panel of my favorite forum members on the review board

Quote:
Originally Posted by double eagle View Post
Thickness feels good to me and my hands aren't that big.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2012, 02:15 PM   #28
sensi09
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: .

I don't hold up traffic or anything, but I'll admit if someone tailgates me, I'll let them pass and return the favor.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2012, 04:00 PM   #29
mkoesel
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensi09 View Post
I don't hold up traffic or anything, but I'll admit if someone tailgates me, I'll let them pass and return the favor.
As long as you did not cut them off or do something else douchey and are not otherwise impeding their progress needlessly and/or deliberately, then they are out of line. I.e. if they've decided to tailgate you merely because they've decided to be an impatient dick and try to push you along when you have nowhere to go, then they are in the wrong for sure. I would not retaliate by tailigating back, but I understand your frustration and the urge to do so.
      04-11-2012, 05:46 PM   #30
sensi09
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: .

I only do it for a second or two. I'd typically avoid it all together, but react brash at times.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2012, 06:13 PM   #31
Dgarcia41982
Private First Class

Drives: 2008 m3 sedan

I love stories like this!
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2012, 07:43 PM   #32
kmarei
Major General
Egypt

Drives: 1988 E30 M3 Evo II

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epacy2 View Post
You into glory holes?
Not in the last 39 years no

Appreciate 0
      04-11-2012, 07:54 PM   #33
mkoesel
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensi09 View Post
I only do it for a second or two. I'd typically avoid it all together, but react brash at times.
Again with the honesty. I love it.

I have done the same. But I make an effort not to.
      04-11-2012, 08:08 PM   #34
SoTempted
Captain

Drives: Incompetently

Don't feel bad, Oklahoma drivers are the worst I've come across in the country. Absolutely no left lane etiquette and completely oblivious to anyone else around them. Hell, I'm pretty much convinced that in Oklahoma, turn signals come as an add option costing more money on any vehicle sold here. I'm glad he got pulled over, he deserves it.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2012, 09:14 PM   #35
Kaylin032
Private First Class
United_States

Drives: E93 M3 and 335d

Garage List
How creepy. When I was reading this thread I was eating at Asian Mint one exit south of there. When I was married I would drive that stretch of road several times per week.

Speeding in that section of road is not smart. The Richardson police department uses unmarked cars almost exclusively to police that section of highway, and I can't even remember the last time I saw someone pulled over there by a car that had stickers or a light bar.

Getting emo in Texas isn't smart either. I have carried a gun in my purse (yes, legally) for years in case I end up faced with an emo psycho or a carjacker. If that guy gets that pissed over nothing, he would regret getting in an accident and starting a roadside brawl in Texas. Hopefully that guy's wife had some common sense, but then again she did presumably marry that fool.

KP
Appreciate 0