BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - California

Evolve Automotive

03-30-2012, 02:00 PM   #23
AutoTalent
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: BMW

An email was sent to Contact@AutoTalent.com which was forwarded to Kevin@AutoTalent.com

Kevin replied to your email inquiry shortly after. Please check your spam or junk box.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2012, 05:56 PM   #24
aus
Major General
Rep

Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchu221 View Post
yea autotalent is the place to go if youre in socal. give sam a call, (310)231-7800 ext. 101. also their mechanic zolti know his shit, even if you just do a simple oil change, hell inspect your car all around and tell you whats wrong if theres any. autotalent FTW!
Zolti is more detailed about doing things than I would be with my own car. he stood there staring at my Akra tips for 5 minutes, then came back a few minutes later to stare at them again to make sure they didn't move as the car was idling. I was ready to go!!
They have a GT1 too, so they can activate the ABS pump for brake flushes. They always have a couple Lambo's and Ferrari's around. It's like a mini C&C there.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2012, 01:42 AM   #25
Bimmer Nerd
I | L Photography
Georgia
Rep

Drives: on the track

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singletrack View Post
Why does it have "a.g." at the end?
Auto group
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2012, 03:28 AM   #26
LateBraking
Mezger. There is no substitute.
United_States
Rep

Drives: Porsche 911

Platte Forme a.g. (Automotive Group) is in Alhambra, not too far from L.A. I like The R's Tuning in Irvine too if you're willing to drive further.

PF won't be good for anyone in a major rush though, they're preparing for Global Time Attack series and have reduced the number of customers they have scheduled until April 22nd due to prep work and testing for their race car. Just an FYI if you have a hard time getting a hold of them. Email Gary@platteformeag.com if you want to give it a shot though.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2012, 07:39 AM   #27
alynM3
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: '12 JB E92

Garage List
2012 BMW M3  [0.00]
Obviously everyone has their own opinion but I agree with someone else from above. Go visit a few of the shops and see who you click with. I will be honest that some of shops rub me the wrong way... They either don't take your business serious enough (and I'm talking after you have bought stuff, not just asking questions) or maybe the vibe is just off from a personal standpoint. There's a lot of great shops around town... And a lot of good guys who actually care. In the end you want a shop that cares as much about your car as you do...
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2012, 12:40 PM   #28
warpig666
Enlisted Member
Rep

Drives: E90 335i LCI

I'd recommend MiniCorsa if North Hollywood isn't too far. Danny gives amazingly fair prices compared to some of the other shops I've been to.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2012, 06:29 PM   #29
MalibuMafiaV
L4P
Rep

Drives: E60 M5 & Stage 3+ Audi S4

Southbay Autohaus
http://southbayautohaus.net/
Appreciate 0