BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-09-2012, 09:15 PM   #45
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
THE TECH's Avatar
 
Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kansas

Posts: 13,065
iTrader: (44)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to THE TECH Send a message via Skype™ to THE TECH
Looks good. I'll bet a squared set would look awesome.
__________________
THE TECH is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-09-2012, 09:47 PM   #46
Raptor251
ESS Dreaming
 
Raptor251's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011.5 e92 m3/Ford Raptor 6.2
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Diego

Posts: 870
iTrader: (1)

270/30/19 PSS in the front? No rub? How low and whats your camber? BTW it looks so amazing words can describe! Props
Raptor251 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-09-2012, 09:50 PM   #47
quads
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: bac mono
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: racetrack

Posts: 1,644
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon@HRE View Post
Wow! That looks great!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
Looks good. I'll bet a squared set would look awesome.
I need the staggered since the car is now up to 650hp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor251 View Post
270/30/19 PSS in the front? No rub? How low and whats your camber? BTW it looks so amazing words can describe! Props
Thanks!

275/30/19 fronts. No rub. maybe a tiny bit at full lock.
ZCP package lowered another 10mm using GC springs.
Camber is -3.0/-2.0 front/rear
quads is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-10-2012, 12:02 AM   #48
HRE_Mickey
Captain
 
Drives: Sold E39 M5
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: San Diego, CA

Posts: 759
iTrader: (0)

LeMan's Blue?

*drools*

car is really nice ... enjoy the new J12's !
HRE_Mickey is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-10-2012, 12:06 AM   #49
quads
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: bac mono
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: racetrack

Posts: 1,644
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon@HRE View Post
LeMan's Blue?

*drools*

car is really nice ... enjoy the new J12's !
Yes LMB

Thanks! These wheels are so beautiful! I'm sure they will perform well at one lap of america this year.
quads is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-10-2012, 01:37 AM   #50
macavant
always on the "M" button...
 
macavant's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW M3
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: California

Posts: 197
iTrader: (1)

That is an awesome setup.
__________________
Spritzig Graphit Metallisch | 16mpg of unadulterated M goodness ...
macavant is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-10-2012, 03:43 AM   #51
the infamous...
Relapsed Bimmerpost Addict
 
the infamous...'s Avatar
 
Drives: like I'M BOUT THAT LIFE
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: PARADISE aka CANES COUNTRY

Posts: 17,537
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4sevens.com View Post
Got them mounted today! Sorry I didn't have time to detail the car and gel the tires.
It's hitting the track saturday for testing anyways so here are pictures as is.
Please pardon my poor photography skills...

























omfg!!! that right there is pure sex!! absolutely luv 'em!
__________________


"simple is clean" -The ///ModFather
the infamous... is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-10-2012, 06:07 AM   #52
palomino0527
Second Lieutenant
 
palomino0527's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335i coupe
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: trabuco canyon ca

Posts: 272
iTrader: (0)

Hey golfer who are you at Steve Thomas ? I have been in there to service my car
palomino0527 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-10-2012, 08:33 AM   #53
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
THE TECH's Avatar
 
Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kansas

Posts: 13,065
iTrader: (44)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to THE TECH Send a message via Skype™ to THE TECH
Quote:
Originally Posted by palomino0527 View Post
Hey golfer who are you at Steve Thomas ? I have been in there to service my car
He doesn't work there.
__________________
THE TECH is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-10-2012, 08:34 AM   #54
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
THE TECH's Avatar
 
Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kansas

Posts: 13,065
iTrader: (44)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to THE TECH Send a message via Skype™ to THE TECH
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4sevens.com View Post
I need the staggered since the car is now up to 650hp

Thanks!
How would a squared setup hold less power? It would actually give more grip.
__________________
THE TECH is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-10-2012, 08:52 AM   #55
M3SQRD
Colonel
 
M3SQRD's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3s, R56 Cooper S
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: EC

Posts: 2,441
iTrader: (2)

Installed wheels look great
M3SQRD is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-10-2012, 09:29 AM   #56
quads
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: bac mono
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: racetrack

Posts: 1,644
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
How would a squared setup hold less power? It would actually give more grip.
Going squared is usually for the ability to rotate to even out wear.

Rears usually fit bigger wheels/rubber by design - plus it doesn't need to turn which requires more space.

The fronts are pretty much maxed out at 275 - any bigger will cause rubbing. You can't stick a 305 up front. So the only way to go square would be to downsize the rear to 275.

My walk around video just finished uploading!


Last edited by quads; 04-10-2012 at 10:11 AM.
quads is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-10-2012, 09:37 AM   #57
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
THE TECH's Avatar
 
Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kansas

Posts: 13,065
iTrader: (44)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to THE TECH Send a message via Skype™ to THE TECH
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4sevens.com View Post
Going squared is usually for the ability to rotate to even out wear.

Rears usually fit bigger wheels/rubber by design - plus it doesn't need to turn which requires more space.

The fronts are pretty much maxed out at 275 - any bigger will cause rubbing. You can't stick a 305 up front. So the only way to go square would be to downsize the rear to 275.

My walk around video just finished uploading!

http://chows.smugmug.com/photos/1788...Hczqf-640D.mp4
I wouldn't sacrifice having a 305 either. Good choice.
__________________
THE TECH is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-10-2012, 09:42 AM   #58
quads
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: bac mono
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: racetrack

Posts: 1,644
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
I wouldn't sacrifice having a 305 either. Good choice.
I can already tell the difference on the street. I can ease in more power mid corner than before with the rears getting angry
quads is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-10-2012, 01:34 PM   #59
elm3
M3 Lover
 
elm3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 e92 M3 Interlagos Blue
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Canton, GA.

Posts: 1,847
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
David, that looks SICK. When are you gonna take me on a ride in that thing? I want to see the ESS. I thought about F/I my car, but don't know if I should go with ESS or Active?
__________________
'09 E92 ///M3 Interlagos Blue, 6MT, Silver Novillo Leather, CF Trim, Premium Package, Technology Package, Cold Weather Package, Premium Sound, 19" Wheels, Moonroof-Toy/ '11 E90 328i Black Saphire Metallic, Premium Package, Technology Package - Daily Driver '02 Nissan Xterra- Daily Driver/ '04 Yamaha R1-Toy/ '06 Yamaha Raptor 350-Toy
elm3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-10-2012, 01:39 PM   #60
quads
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: bac mono
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: racetrack

Posts: 1,644
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elm3 View Post
David, that looks SICK. When are you gonna take me on a ride in that thing? I want to see the ESS. I thought about F/I my car, but don't know if I should go with ESS or Active?
I'm heading to forged wednesday night to install a splitter - that could be a good time for a spin. Where are you located?

I'd go ESS no questions at all. They've sold more kits than anyone else by a huge margin AND they've never had an engine blow.
quads is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-10-2012, 01:49 PM   #61
elm3
M3 Lover
 
elm3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 e92 M3 Interlagos Blue
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Canton, GA.

Posts: 1,847
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4sevens.com View Post
I'm heading to forged wednesday night to install a splitter - that could be a good time for a spin. Where are you located?

I'd go ESS no questions at all. They've sold more kits than anyone else by a huge margin AND they've never had an engine blow.
I'm in Canton, so it is probably out of your way. Are you doing the mountain drive on the 22nd with Performing Imports? I'm going to try my best to be there. I heard of the blown engines, kind of why I'm scared of F/I my engine. Plus the price is kind of high, for me right now anyways.
__________________
'09 E92 ///M3 Interlagos Blue, 6MT, Silver Novillo Leather, CF Trim, Premium Package, Technology Package, Cold Weather Package, Premium Sound, 19" Wheels, Moonroof-Toy/ '11 E90 328i Black Saphire Metallic, Premium Package, Technology Package - Daily Driver '02 Nissan Xterra- Daily Driver/ '04 Yamaha R1-Toy/ '06 Yamaha Raptor 350-Toy
elm3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-10-2012, 04:37 PM   #62
chuxdelux
Captain
 
Drives: 2005 e46 m3, 2013 Jetta TDI
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Honolulu,HI

Posts: 636
iTrader: (1)

Love the video...shows how much tire you stuffed under there
Do you get a lot of rubbing up front when turning?
chuxdelux is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-10-2012, 04:39 PM   #63
quads
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: bac mono
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: racetrack

Posts: 1,644
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuxdelux View Post
Love the video...shows how much tire you stuffed under there
Do you get a lot of rubbing up front when turning?
Not much... only a little at full lock.
quads is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-10-2012, 04:45 PM   #64
chuxdelux
Captain
 
Drives: 2005 e46 m3, 2013 Jetta TDI
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Honolulu,HI

Posts: 636
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4sevens.com View Post
Not much... only a little at full lock.
Nice, is there any loss of steering feeling with that 275 up front? i.e. numbness
chuxdelux is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-10-2012, 04:48 PM   #65
quads
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: bac mono
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: racetrack

Posts: 1,644
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuxdelux View Post
Nice, is there any loss of steering feeling with that 275 up front? i.e. numbness
Of course it feels different than the 245 up front but the extra rubber for braking and cornering outweighs it. I'd say it's not a significant reduction. It's all relative - my co-driver for one lap took it for a spin and had no problems with the "feel" - there was adequate feedback. And it'll never feel the same as a lightweight car light a miata even with stock rubber. Actually the lower profile 30 rubber compared to the 35 also helps. Theres reduced tire squirm and actually makes the car feel more responsive.
quads is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-10-2012, 04:53 PM   #66
chuxdelux
Captain
 
Drives: 2005 e46 m3, 2013 Jetta TDI
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Honolulu,HI

Posts: 636
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4sevens.com View Post
Of course it feels different than the 245 up front but the extra rubber for braking and cornering outweighs it. I'd say it's not a significant reduction. It's all relative - my co-driver for one lap took it for a spin and had no problems with the "feel" - there was adequate feedback. And it'll never feel the same as a lightweight car light a miata even with stock rubber. Actually the lower profile 30 rubber compared to the 35 also helps. Theres reduced tire squirm and actually makes the car feel more responsive.
Thanks for the feedback. Seems like this car will be even more of a beast when you're done building it for One Lap.
chuxdelux is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:42 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST