BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-24-2012, 03:56 PM   #1
BarryC
Major
 
Drives: '13 LRP M3
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Kernersville NC

Posts: 1,159
iTrader: (10)

Paid a visit to BimmerWorld yesterday...

Decided to go with their aero package - car looks awesome and I expect to be awesome on track! Can't wait to get her out next month! The folks at BW were great to work with!

I think the car is finally done for the year - obligatory pics:





__________________
2014 M5
BarryC is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-24-2012, 04:09 PM   #2
SchnellM3
Digger
 
SchnellM3's Avatar
 
Drives: 03 E46 M3, 09 E92 M3, 09 X6 50
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Pa

Posts: 2,616
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
Car looks great! Same setup that I was looking at

Is that BimmerWorlds exhaust as well? How do you like it
__________________
2009 E92 M3 /// Melbourne Red /// Fox Red /// M DKG

Full Innotech Exhaust - DINAN Intake - IND Engine Bay Appearance - IND Hand Stitched Boot Covers - and much more....
SchnellM3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-24-2012, 04:11 PM   #3
GOLFFRR
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
GOLFFRR's Avatar
 
Drives: Golf Cart
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Solvang, CA/Camarillo, CA

Posts: 15,548
iTrader: (4)

__________________

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL US FIRST WE CAN HOOK YOU UP!
Need a quote or assistance from David? GO HERE-->http://www.bimmerdavid.com/#!blank/c1r1e
Davids current ED Special M235/228--> http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1013211
GOLFFRR is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-24-2012, 04:13 PM   #4
Sean@PYSpeed.com
 
Sean@PYSpeed.com's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 AW E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bay Area

Posts: 8,956
iTrader: (22)

Send a message via AIM to Sean@PYSpeed.com
Sean@PYSpeed.com is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-24-2012, 04:16 PM   #5
Martin_D
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Martin_D's Avatar
 
Drives: Ford Super Duty
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Raleigh, NC

Posts: 1,792
iTrader: (34)

I see Chris got the part you needed!

rock 'n roll Barry - the easter flag is cute
Martin_D is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-24-2012, 07:23 PM   #6
BarryC
Major
 
Drives: '13 LRP M3
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Kernersville NC

Posts: 1,159
iTrader: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchnellM3
Car looks great! Same setup that I was looking at

Is that BimmerWorlds exhaust as well? How do you like it
yes thats the BW exhaust. Its pretty awesome but it is oh my god loud! Makes the Gintani race with xpipe seem tame.
__________________
2014 M5
BarryC is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-24-2012, 07:26 PM   #7
BarryC
Major
 
Drives: '13 LRP M3
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Kernersville NC

Posts: 1,159
iTrader: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin_D
I see Chris got the part you needed!

rock 'n roll Barry - the easter flag is cute
yep. also got their brake cooling kit. cant decide if i want to paint the inlets - any thoughts? Was able to dyno the car - came in at 325whp. Not bad but not great. consensus is the leakdown is too high thus causing the lower output. Maybe a rebuild/stroker kit next year...
__________________
2014 M5
BarryC is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-24-2012, 07:48 PM   #8
schnell325
Bored at work....
 
schnell325's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 M3,'11 335xi
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: BC

Posts: 3,860
iTrader: (5)

Looks great. Enjoy in good health!
__________________
'08 M3: AA G2L3, Catless X-Pipe & Sig Series Rear. AP rods. TC Kline EDC Coil Overs. MRF Alum Sub Frame Bushings. TMS Delrin Diff'l Bushings. BFI Motor Mounts. Recaro PP. BMW Perf Steering Wheel. P3 Gauge. PS Overflow Kit. APEX ARC-8 18"x9.5"/10.5". Conti Slicks 275/35F 305/30R. Stoptech Pads/SS Lines. Cantrell Brake Ducts.
http://5252motorsports.blogspot.ca/2...3-sleeper.html
schnell325 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-24-2012, 08:14 PM   #9
flipm3
E46 + E90
 
Drives: E46 M3 + E90 M3
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Illinois

Posts: 2,772
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
Looks incredible! Did BW make those brake ducts that replaced your fog lights as well?

I drew up some ideas for my own ducts. The only reason I haven't get with the BW CF Brake Ducts yet is because I don't want to delete the feed to my CF Airbox.

Great setup BarryC! I bet that car is a monster on the track.

...and just to tempt you further...should get the BW CF Rear Diffuser and Far-Left Exit Section 2 and Muffler
__________________
E90 M3 DCT|Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth | My Build Thread
E46 M3 6MT|Jet Black . Black Nappa Leather | My Build Thread
flipm3 is offline   Philippines
0
Reply With Quote
      03-24-2012, 08:26 PM   #10
Martin_D
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Martin_D's Avatar
 
Drives: Ford Super Duty
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Raleigh, NC

Posts: 1,792
iTrader: (34)

I just saw the ducts Barry...paint them black pleeeease.

Alex ^ is pushing you to mod not me! Ha Ha Ha

-Martin
Martin_D is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-25-2012, 08:04 AM   #11
BarryC
Major
 
Drives: '13 LRP M3
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Kernersville NC

Posts: 1,159
iTrader: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipm3 View Post
Looks incredible! Did BW make those brake ducts that replaced your fog lights as well?

I drew up some ideas for my own ducts. The only reason I haven't get with the BW CF Brake Ducts yet is because I don't want to delete the feed to my CF Airbox.

Great setup BarryC! I bet that car is a monster on the track.

...and just to tempt you further...should get the BW CF Rear Diffuser and Far-Left Exit Section 2 and Muffler
Thanks! Actually I got the brake ducts from Sneed Speed Shop here in NC. $350 for the entire kit - pretty inexpensive compared to BW and Turner. The put blanks on the fog light hole so I might still be able to get another duct from the fog light to the intake. Either way BW sells the CF headlight blank with a provision for ducting to the intake for about $500. About the diffuser - I considered it but decided to put the money to the other aero bits. Maybe someday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin_D View Post
I just saw the ducts Barry...paint them black pleeeease.
Idk - maybe a CF vinyl? The BW folks said they have a hard time with paint on the front due to debris. I hear ya though.

Barry
__________________
2014 M5
BarryC is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-25-2012, 09:29 AM   #12
Martin_D
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Martin_D's Avatar
 
Drives: Ford Super Duty
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Raleigh, NC

Posts: 1,792
iTrader: (34)

Vinyl or line-x
Martin_D is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-25-2012, 09:47 AM   #13
flipm3
E46 + E90
 
Drives: E46 M3 + E90 M3
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Illinois

Posts: 2,772
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin_D View Post
I just saw the ducts Barry...paint them black pleeeease.

Alex ^ is pushing you to mod not me! Ha Ha Ha

-Martin


Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryC View Post
Thanks! Actually I got the brake ducts from Sneed Speed Shop here in NC. $350 for the entire kit - pretty inexpensive compared to BW and Turner. The put blanks on the fog light hole so I might still be able to get another duct from the fog light to the intake. Either way BW sells the CF headlight blank with a provision for ducting to the intake for about $500. About the diffuser - I considered it but decided to put the money to the other aero bits. Maybe someday!

Barry
Thanks for the information! Their kit is no doubt significantly expensive compared to the CF variants from TMS and BW. I may heavily consider this!

My Evolve CF Airbox integrate with the OE lower intake feed that goes into the OE brake duct. What I will be doing is having VS Motorsports make a smoothed elbow that will face the front of the bumper. I figure this will increase the surface area of cold air coming in.

For the brake ducting, I was either going to delete the fog lights and run a second duct hose to the brakes or feed the ducts into where the radiator grill area.

I saw BWs headlight delete which is pretty nifty, unfortunately, not too practical for my daily driven E46 M3
__________________
E90 M3 DCT|Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth | My Build Thread
E46 M3 6MT|Jet Black . Black Nappa Leather | My Build Thread
flipm3 is offline   Philippines
0
Reply With Quote
      03-25-2012, 11:45 AM   #14
paradocs98
Major
 
paradocs98's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 991 Carrera S
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NY

Posts: 1,342
iTrader: (0)

If you ever get up north with that thing, say to NJMP (great facility if you've never been), let us know--I'd love to see your car in action!
paradocs98 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-25-2012, 05:34 PM   #15
klammer
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 11 spc gry m3 e90, 07 X5
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: chicago

Posts: 3,232
iTrader: (0)

Car looks sick! Looks like a fun summer is in store
__________________
mods: akra evo, dinan 3.45 diff, ess akra tune, dinan stg.3, Alcon bbk, HRE P40
klammer is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-25-2012, 07:25 PM   #16
STALKER
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto, ON

Posts: 3,642
iTrader: (5)

I can't imagine how much fun it must be out on track.
Looks great Barry.
__________________

2008 AW/FR E90 M3-SOLD
2013 991 C4S
STALKER is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-26-2012, 08:48 AM   #17
Park2670
General
 
Park2670's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 CX-5
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: UTAH

Posts: 18,118
iTrader: (8)

Amazing ride. Post videos once you get it out there!
__________________
Park2670 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-28-2012, 11:37 AM   #18
PrimeBMW
Captain
 
PrimeBMW's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3+S62, E92 M3
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Portland, OR

Posts: 689
iTrader: (0)

Barry, The car is looking great! Some vinyl should work just fine on the inlets. What is your weight at this point? Do you have steel doors, fenders etc?
I am also building a E46 M3 and have a hefty order into Bimmerworld..........about 2-3 months away from where you are at. We are sub 2500lb. stripped (All steel panels at this point) going to get the cage built in a few days.
Please post up some video/reviews once you get it on the track!
PrimeBMW is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      03-28-2012, 11:55 AM   #19
BarryC
Major
 
Drives: '13 LRP M3
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Kernersville NC

Posts: 1,159
iTrader: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeBMW View Post
Barry, The car is looking great! Some vinyl should work just fine on the inlets. What is your weight at this point? Do you have steel doors, fenders etc?
I am also building a E46 M3 and have a hefty order into Bimmerworld..........about 2-3 months away from where you are at. We are sub 2500lb. stripped (All steel panels at this point) going to get the cage built in a few days.
Please post up some video/reviews once you get it on the track!
Thanks! Currently the car is at 2730 with 1/4 tank of gas. Still have OEM fenders, doors, front and rear winshields. Will post up some vids in the next few weeks.

Thanks,
Barry
__________________
2014 M5
BarryC is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-08-2012, 06:35 PM   #20
BarryC
Major
 
Drives: '13 LRP M3
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Kernersville NC

Posts: 1,159
iTrader: (10)

Was bored today so I shot a vid of my son driving the car in front of our house. Hopefully no one was taking a nap today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbNG62K0j1E
__________________
2014 M5
BarryC is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-08-2012, 08:57 PM   #21
paradocs98
Major
 
paradocs98's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 991 Carrera S
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NY

Posts: 1,342
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryC View Post
Was bored today so I shot a vid of my son driving the car in front of our house. Hopefully no one was taking a nap today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbNG62K0j1E
...and my wife was annoyed at me for test-firing our new automatic standby home generator at 11am today, Easter Sunday--"What about the neighbors?"

Now I can tell her it could have been worse--I could have been running a catless E46 racecar up and down the block...
paradocs98 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-09-2012, 10:40 AM   #22
BarryC
Major
 
Drives: '13 LRP M3
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Kernersville NC

Posts: 1,159
iTrader: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradocs98 View Post
...and my wife was annoyed at me for test-firing our new automatic standby home generator at 11am today, Easter Sunday--"What about the neighbors?"

Now I can tell her it could have been worse--I could have been running a catless E46 racecar up and down the block...
I hear ya - after about the 4th pass by the house my wife came out and started yelling at us to stop!

BC
__________________
2014 M5
BarryC is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:16 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST