BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum
 
GetBMWParts
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-03-2012, 09:41 PM   #23
kaiv
Major
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: San Diego, CA

Posts: 1,227
iTrader: (15)

What did you expect from a company that's based on ripping off other companies' patented designs? Do they even have one single original design of their own?

BTW Varrstoen=Linea Corse=Rota. Doesn't matter how fancy or how "euro" sounding the name is; they're low quality cast/fake multi piece looking wheels made in the Philippines. It's bend/crack/flaking finish galore. Ask anyone who has had a set (and isn't in some way affiliated with them).
kaiv is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-04-2012, 01:55 AM   #24
Donbona
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Donbona's Avatar
 
Drives: E93 M3 DCT 2008
Join Date: May 2009
Location: London UK

Posts: 1,655
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiv View Post
What did you expect from a company that's based on ripping off other companies' patented designs? Do they even have one single original design of their own?

BTW Varrstoen=Linea Corse=Rota. Doesn't matter how fancy or how "euro" sounding the name is; they're low quality cast/fake multi piece looking wheels made in the Philippines. It's bend/crack/flaking finish galore. Ask anyone who has had a set (and isn't in some way affiliated with them).
Actually the quality of my set is very good and a solid build...paint work is powdercoated...no flaking but the only thing I will say is that they are quite heavy.

And before you ask, I have no affiliation with varrstoen.
__________________
M3 E93 DCT, Space Grey,BC HB29 Forged Deep Concave Wheels, Ericsson Amuse F/R Bumper, Evolve Full Exhaust System, INTRAX Coilovers, STOPTECH BBK, Performance Steering Wheel,Custom Red/Black Leather Seats,Evolve Supercharger ///M3 ||Bimmerpost M3 Car Of The Month May - 2010SOLD
2010 R35 GTR
Donbona is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      04-04-2012, 01:59 AM   #25
kchu221
JDM whore
 
kchu221's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 Porsche 911 Turbo
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: los angeles

Posts: 2,954
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donbona View Post
Actually the quality of my set is very good and a solid build...paint work is powdercoated...no flaking but the only thing I will say is that they are quite heavy.

And before you ask, I have no affiliation with varrstoen.
with all the quality parts you have on your car, you should back it up with quality wheels..
kchu221 is offline   South Korea
0
Reply With Quote
      04-04-2012, 02:01 AM   #26
Donbona
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Donbona's Avatar
 
Drives: E93 M3 DCT 2008
Join Date: May 2009
Location: London UK

Posts: 1,655
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchu221 View Post
with all the quality parts you have on your car, you should back it up with quality wheels..
I do have quality wheels, I just use these for winter and track. If I damage them I don't mind so much which is why they were so cheap.
__________________
M3 E93 DCT, Space Grey,BC HB29 Forged Deep Concave Wheels, Ericsson Amuse F/R Bumper, Evolve Full Exhaust System, INTRAX Coilovers, STOPTECH BBK, Performance Steering Wheel,Custom Red/Black Leather Seats,Evolve Supercharger ///M3 ||Bimmerpost M3 Car Of The Month May - 2010SOLD
2010 R35 GTR
Donbona is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      04-04-2012, 02:37 AM   #27
AV9
Brigadier General
 
AV9's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 e92 m3
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: OC

Posts: 4,285
iTrader: (7)

to each their own...

like i said, i just gave them chance because of some referrals, and i learned my lesson.

i was just stating that their "costumer service" is atrocious, but like everyone seems to agree, such a company probably doesn't put forth the best of products either.
__________________
2009 M3 Coupe DCT Black/Black
AV9 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-04-2012, 03:21 AM   #28
kaiv
Major
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: San Diego, CA

Posts: 1,227
iTrader: (15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donbona View Post
Actually the quality of my set is very good and a solid build...paint work is powdercoated...no flaking but the only thing I will say is that they are quite heavy.

And before you ask, I have no affiliation with varrstoen.
Figured someone would pop out and say "hey, mine are perfect"

Just give them some time, and some miles.
kaiv is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-04-2012, 05:03 AM   #29
Donbona
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Donbona's Avatar
 
Drives: E93 M3 DCT 2008
Join Date: May 2009
Location: London UK

Posts: 1,655
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiv View Post
Figured someone would pop out and say "hey, mine are perfect"

Just give them some time, and some miles.

I didnt say they were perfect.. im saying I have no issues with mine...
I have run them all through winter... various quarter mile runs...
200 mph on the autobahn and numerous laps around the Nurburgring.

Like I said before.... im not defending them but I will share my experience.

Ive been on this forum for a long time now and I too have had my issues with aftermarket products. So I definately feel for your frustration.
__________________
M3 E93 DCT, Space Grey,BC HB29 Forged Deep Concave Wheels, Ericsson Amuse F/R Bumper, Evolve Full Exhaust System, INTRAX Coilovers, STOPTECH BBK, Performance Steering Wheel,Custom Red/Black Leather Seats,Evolve Supercharger ///M3 ||Bimmerpost M3 Car Of The Month May - 2010SOLD
2010 R35 GTR
Donbona is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      04-04-2012, 10:35 AM   #30
kchu221
JDM whore
 
kchu221's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 Porsche 911 Turbo
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: los angeles

Posts: 2,954
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donbona View Post
I do have quality wheels, I just use these for winter and track. If I damage them I don't mind so much which is why they were so cheap.
ohh haha okay forsure, your car looks mean in your sig!
kchu221 is offline   South Korea
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:45 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST