BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
 
Strasse Wheels
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-25-2012, 01:39 AM   #111
Cdnrockies
Banned
 
Drives: BMW's
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Calgary

Posts: 1,113
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-cha View Post
NO ONE, EVER gives up the right to defend their life from an attacker, yet you seem to be saying exactly that. Given no other option, you have the right to defend your life. Whether or not that is the case here we don't know, but it COULD have been. Again you don't know what happened behind that building. Please express your ignorance more.


There is another often cited case in FL, not directly comparable but similar. Man follows a speeding car through his neighborhood catches up to him and tell him to slow down that it's dangerous. Man gets out of car ground the guy and starts beating him. Man defends himself with his pistol. Somewhat different circumstance but similar, avoidable conflict brought on by the shooter.

The difference is everyone would agree the speeder should have been yelled at, and not everyone will agree zimmerman should have been approached. I'm willing to bet put into a similar situation and asked who looked suspicious, plenty of people passing judgment would say the black kid in the hoody walking slowly in the rain, so it;s a lot more similar then you would think.
Still ignoring the facts.

Your similar case is not similar at all.

Your argument is painfully weak. Zimmerman was told by both the police dispatcher and the organization that he was representing that he should not have pursued or engaged Martin.

You still continue to ignore the comment that is evidence from the dispatch tape.
Cdnrockies is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-25-2012, 10:46 AM   #112
O-cha
Brigadier General
 
O-cha's Avatar
 
Drives: Mcoupe
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: In front of you

Posts: 4,729
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to O-cha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdnrockies View Post
Still ignoring the facts.

Your similar case is not similar at all.

Your argument is painfully weak. Zimmerman was told by both the police dispatcher and the organization that he was representing that he should not have pursued or engaged Martin.

You still continue to ignore the comment that is evidence from the dispatch tape.
You're too ignorant to figure out it's not an argument. I'm not arguing for one side or the other, just demonstrating to you that you truly have no idea what happened and are ignorant for believing you do. But you can't even see that and just willfully go on being that way, just go back to believing whatever the media tells you.
__________________
O-cha is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-25-2012, 10:50 AM   #113
Mr Tonka
Tonka.... Mr. Tonka
 
Drives: Exceptionally well :)
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Tampa, FL

Posts: 1,185
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemw335 View Post
You had every right to honk and to not let him pass.
Next time get the license plate and have his ass locked up.
So it's his right to impede someone's way of travel? What if that person had a life or death situation in the back seat of their car? Woman in labor, injured cyclist or pedestrian. What if it was just this person's dog who was in need of immediate veterinary assistance, would it be ok then?

People actually have NO right to block someone from passing them. Even if those people are breaking the law when passing, you still have NO right to block them. Honk all you want, but it's not YOUR road to block.
__________________
-Joe


"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." — Frédéric Bastiat
Mr Tonka is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-25-2012, 11:54 AM   #114
Stronghammer
Lieutenant
 
Stronghammer's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: May 2011
Location: south carolina

Posts: 581
iTrader: (2)

Should have flashed your cell phone with the numbers 911 showing. I cant believe you didn't call the cops
__________________
2011 E92 M3 MR July 11 ED Sept 11 PCD
Mods: ESS VT1, MS test pipes, 19 BBS CH-R, Eibach pro springs, Painted reflectors, carbon fiber grills, Painted side markers with dark tinted lenses, 30% tint, Arkym rear diffuser, Innotech axle back exhaust, Performance spoiler
Stronghammer is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-25-2012, 11:58 AM   #115
hks786
Major General
 
Drives: *
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UK

Posts: 5,351
iTrader: (0)

This thread is fail. I don't know why when someone makes a thread people come in and start fighting about who was right/wrong.
__________________
hks786 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      03-25-2012, 04:20 PM   #116
Glina
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: X6
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NYC

Posts: 282
iTrader: (0)

OP I'm glad that you are ok.

Going back to Zimmerman's case I'm surprise that the media left out the football picture

Glina is offline   Poland
0
Reply With Quote
      03-26-2012, 08:44 AM   #117
Ali@BMWMt.laurel
Colonel
 
Ali@BMWMt.laurel's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 M4
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: United States

Posts: 2,147
iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2013 BMW 335i  [0.00]
get a gun.
__________________
BMW of Mount Laurel - ///M Certified Client Advisor
Send Me a Message Regarding Your Next BMW!
www.BMWofMtLaurel.com
We are an M-Certified and DINAN Certified Dealer
NJ Motorsports Park Affiliated!!! PM ME FOR DETAILS
Ali@BMWMt.laurel is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-26-2012, 01:58 PM   #118
Wraith.
Captain
 
Wraith.'s Avatar
 
Drives: ED '11 Z4 35is
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Seattle

Posts: 794
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-cha View Post
NO ONE, EVER gives up the right to defend their life from an attacker, yet you seem to be saying exactly that. Given no other option, you have the right to defend your life. Whether or not that is the case here we don't know, but it COULD have been. Again you don't know what happened behind that building. Please express your ignorance more.


There is another often cited case in FL, not directly comparable but similar. Man follows a speeding car through his neighborhood catches up to him and tell him to slow down that it's dangerous. Man gets out of car ground the guy and starts beating him. Man defends himself with his pistol. Somewhat different circumstance but similar, avoidable conflict brought on by the shooter.

The difference is everyone would agree the speeder should have been yelled at, and not everyone will agree zimmerman should have been approached. I'm willing to bet put into a similar situation and asked who looked suspicious, plenty of people passing judgment would say the black kid in the hoody walking slowly in the rain, so it;s a lot more similar then you would think.
Oh that's it... maybe he was simply trying to pull him over for speeding (walking fast).
Wraith. is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-26-2012, 07:42 PM   #119
Ratherhavemygti
Banned
 
Drives: 2010 GTI
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Orange County

Posts: 7
iTrader: (0)

im so use to getting cut off now it doesn't even phase me I just take a deep breath and let it go
Ratherhavemygti is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-26-2012, 09:22 PM   #120
Radamez
Second Lieutenant
 
Radamez's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 535 XDrive / Imperial Blu
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Northern NJ

Posts: 198
iTrader: (0)

In this case it pays to walk away. You will not be a punk or soft for doing so. As far as zimmerman....if he excercised that moto everyones life directly involved would be intact. When you confront someone and you are armed with a weapon nothing good can come from that.
__________________
1997 Acura CL (Red w/gray leather - sold)
2007 350Z (Chrome Silver w/orange leather - sold) 2010 335 Xdrive Coupe (black w/red leather - sold)2011 535 Xdrive (Imperial Blue w/oyester leather)
Radamez is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-28-2012, 10:39 AM   #121
y.funyuns
y.funyuns
 
Drives: 2007 x5 4.8i
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: houston

Posts: 45
iTrader: (0)

It's to bad this guy pulled a gun on you like that. And I know this may not have a lot to do with what happened. But the whole " make my day" law was a good idea. Idk about you guys but if someone broke in my home and endangered my family. I'd be more then happy to pull a gun on them. Wouldn't y'all?
y.funyuns is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-28-2012, 11:10 AM   #122
justinnum1
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 2013 335i Msport
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: South Florida

Posts: 4,000
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glina View Post
OP I'm glad that you are ok.

Going back to Zimmerman's case I'm surprise that the media left out the football picture

That pic is a photoshop...
__________________
F30 335i Msport Estoril Blue/Black leather sport auto. black grills, Performance Exhaust, HK,
justinnum1 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-28-2012, 05:06 PM   #123
3er
Private First Class
 
3er's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 BMW 335i Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 126
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by y.funyuns
It's to bad this guy pulled a gun on you like that. And I know this may not have a lot to do with what happened. But the whole " make my day" law was a good idea. Idk about you guys but if someone broke in my home and endangered my family. I'd be more then happy to pull a gun on them. Wouldn't y'all?
Definitely, which is why I have a 1911 (.45) loaded with hollow points and a youth stock 20 gauge for my wife.
__________________
2012 BMW 335i Coupe Auto, Space Gray Metallic/Black Dakota, Convenience, Harman Kardon, M Sport, Navigation, Premium
Mods: 22% tint (all around), Avant Garde M310s, Gloss Black Grilles, Hard-Wired Escort Passport 8500 X50, Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Painted Side Reflectors
3er is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-29-2012, 12:05 PM   #124
rks27
New Member
 
Drives: 07 328xi
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Wilmington, DE

Posts: 29
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by korr View Post
crazy ass people out there, nothing will ever change, the dicks, the assholes, they are never gonna vanish from society. hope you feel better though OP. next time just let shit slide, its really not worth it
well put... i completely agree
rks27 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-30-2012, 08:54 AM   #125
stylinexpat
Captain
 
stylinexpat's Avatar
 
Drives:
Join Date: Aug 2008

Posts: 807
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3er View Post
Just as the title says, I was driving home from work today and this guy cuts me off trying to get in the turning lane. I lay on my horn to let the guy know, but he continues on. As a result, I went into the other lane and jumped in front of him. We then came to a stop and eventually turned when the traffic light turned green. He tried to somewhat speed around me so I jump in front of him again to show that I'm not happy about the situation. I then look at him in the side mirror and he's signaling me to pull over (I assume to fight or something). I smile, nod, and proceed with my route. Afterwards, he pulls beside me as we're driving (I had my windows down the entire time since it was a nice day) and start's calling me a "Pu$$y," etc. and I just stated that "You f-ing cut me off." He said something simliar to what he said before and I repeated, "You f-ing cut me off." After doing so, he immediately pulls a gun and points it at me (I was on his driver's side) and said something (I don't remember what he said). Obviously, I freaked the hell out and immediately turned on a side street and was able to take an alternate route home with no issue. I'll be the first to admit that I was a dick and provoked him, but I felt justified at the time since I felt that he was the first offender and it seemed intentional. Because I have perfect 20/20 hindsight, I now realize that it was dumb of me to provoke someone I don't know (especially in Houston). Either way, I can't believe that someone would be that crazy and do something like that because of a petty situation. I'm still somewhat concerned because I was on my daily commute home from work, and, obviously, travel that route very often. However, the other side of me feels that if he was going to shoot me, he would have. I hope I don't run into the guy again, but if I do, I'll keep my distance, grab his license plate number just in case, and remain cordial. Damn, what a day...
When driving on the roads and something bad happens. Just lightly tap on the horn for 1-2 seconds just to let them know you are in the lane. It should just be a small tap and not a long 3-5 second horn followed by a dirty look. One is a friendly reminder and the other one is a provocative one. Don't make eye contact,don't cut off and just go along your way. Maybe the next time he will run into an undercover cop. Enjoy life and don't worry about others. Not worth it to run into the wrong person who may pull the trigger or get out of his car and beat you up. One of my friends honked at one guy and got into an argument with him about him cutting him off. Bottom line is the guy was a big dude and my friend got his ass kicked pretty badly. So my friend may have been right but in the end he got his ass kicked over it. Was it worth it Not if you ask me.
stylinexpat is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-30-2012, 09:30 AM   #126
Cdnrockies
Banned
 
Drives: BMW's
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Calgary

Posts: 1,113
iTrader: (0)

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/ar...ice-video?bn=1

So the funeral director observed no marks or wounds on Martin's hands and the police video shows no evidence of Zimmerman being beaten up or having his nose broken like was initially claimed.
Cdnrockies is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-30-2012, 11:48 AM   #127
Nine
Banned
 
Drives: Not ZCP, FML.
Join Date: May 2010
Location: DC, Miami, NYC

Posts: 1,925
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdnrockies View Post

Your argument is painfully weak. Zimmerman was told by both the police dispatcher and the organization that he was representing that he should not have pursued or engaged Martin.

You still continue to ignore the comment that is evidence from the dispatch tape.
I think the arguement that Zimmerman gunned Trayvon down is weak, for years he had been a security guard, why now, why this kid?

Something is missing from the story, maybe a drug deal gone wrong or something, but it just doesn't make any real world sense. Even a rent-a cop would know better than to take somebody down in a heavily populatd area, with many potential witnesses.

Also, for people to doubt the security guard, well that is just COLD. If trayvon wasn't black, this wouldn't be a front page story. Further, I wonder if this happened in Texas or Arizona, how things would have played out differently.
Nine is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-30-2012, 12:45 PM   #128
Tom K.
Major General
 
Tom K.'s Avatar
 
Drives: '07 328iT, '13 Boxster
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Maryland

Posts: 5,377
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine View Post
I think the arguement that Zimmerman gunned Trayvon down is weak, for years he had been a security guard, why now, why this kid?
He is an insurance agent who volunteered to patrol his neighborhood - not a security guard.

He was fired from security guard jobs years ago - apparently for being "too aggressive".

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1053223


Tom
Tom K. is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-30-2012, 01:22 PM   #129
Nine
Banned
 
Drives: Not ZCP, FML.
Join Date: May 2010
Location: DC, Miami, NYC

Posts: 1,925
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom K. View Post
He is an insurance agent who volunteered to patrol his neighborhood - not a security guard.

He was fired from security guard jobs years ago - apparently for being "too aggressive".

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1053223


Tom
Interesting, good to know. They had a neighbor interviewed about him, they way she spoke, he was the neighborhood patrol, and a very nice guy.
Nine is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-30-2012, 02:52 PM   #130
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Templar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: One of the coasts...

Posts: 1,818
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-cha View Post
NO ONE, EVER gives up the right to defend their life from an attacker, yet you seem to be saying exactly that. Given no other option, you have the right to defend your life. Whether or not that is the case here we don't know, but it COULD have been. Again you don't know what happened behind that building. Please express your ignorance more.


There is another often cited case in FL, not directly comparable but similar. Man follows a speeding car through his neighborhood catches up to him and tell him to slow down that it's dangerous. Man gets out of car ground the guy and starts beating him. Man defends himself with his pistol. Somewhat different circumstance but similar, avoidable conflict brought on by the shooter.

The difference is everyone would agree the speeder should have been yelled at, and not everyone will agree zimmerman should have been approached. I'm willing to bet put into a similar situation and asked who looked suspicious, plenty of people passing judgment would say the black kid in the hoody walking slowly in the rain, so it;s a lot more similar then you would think.
Don't think it's worth arguing.

Either way, I think everyone debating that shit should take it to another thread, as it really has nothing to do with the OP's troubles and is pretty off-topic.

No matter what the OP did, he really didn't deserve to have a gun pulled on him. Sorry that happened. I own guns myself, and the only reason I would ever brandish a weapon is if I'm going to use it. Likely, this guy obtained that weapon illegally anyway.
__________________
'11 BMW E92 ///M3 - ZCP and DCT
'13 Toyota Tundra - 4x4 Platinum CrewMax, 5.7l iForce V8
Templar is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:03 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST