BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications
 
GT Haus
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-29-2012, 02:41 PM   #133
aznkuja328
Private First Class
United_States
1
Rep
105
Posts

 
Drives: 10 JB E92 M3
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bloomington, IN

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaclavSV View Post
Put a S/C on the M3 and you'll pull on any stock C63. For those of you saying the C63 can't corner you couldn't be more wrong and need to get into one with an LSD and proper rear rubber asap. The current model cars are very close! For daily driving pleasure the C63 wins every time and thats the reason I bought one over an M3.
However, having owned 2 c63s in the past, i prefer the m3 that i am driving now.

personal preferences:

both of my c63s had lsd and 275/285 rubber at the rear, and i also had kw v3.

for cornering, unless you can shave some weight from the m156 engine and redesign the chassis, w204 is no where close to e92 m3 weight distribution wise.

m156 has too much torque (it will make the car less controllable around the corners), and the frontal part of the car is way too heavy. i even had long tube headers and a tune, my car was pretty loaded with light weight rotors and forged wheels. however, i still prefer the m3 that i am driving now, no matter daily or on the track.

straight line performance, 0-60 /100, c63 is always quicker.

one interesting thing about myself would be i used to fall asleep on the highway driving with the c63, but i have never taken a single nap with the m3, the m3 is more fun to drive.

the gearbox on the w204 even the later mct is no where close to the performance of the m-dct. m156 has a more torque but isn't as useful and controllable in comparison to the linear torque from s65.

sc is the only way to catch up with stock c63 in straight line performance.

nos shots/ parts removal for weight reduction, drag tires w/ launch control maybe useful to stick up with c63 in straight line without the sc?
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2012, 04:49 PM   #134
HotIce
Banned
United_States
29
Rep
445
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 BMW M3
Join Date: May 2010
Location: I'm not telling some creeper where I live!

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznkuja328 View Post
However, having owned 2 c63s in the past, i prefer the m3 that i am driving now.

personal preferences:

both of my c63s had lsd and 275/285 rubber at the rear, and i also had kw v3.

for cornering, unless you can shave some weight from the m156 engine and redesign the chassis, w204 is no where close to e92 m3 weight distribution wise.

m156 has too much torque (it will make the car less controllable around the corners), and the frontal part of the car is way too heavy. i even had long tube headers and a tune, my car was pretty loaded with light weight rotors and forged wheels. however, i still prefer the m3 that i am driving now, no matter daily or on the track.

straight line performance, 0-60 /100, c63 is always quicker.

one interesting thing about myself would be i used to fall asleep on the highway driving with the c63, but i have never taken a single nap with the m3, the m3 is more fun to drive.

the gearbox on the w204 even the later mct is no where close to the performance of the m-dct. m156 has a more torque but isn't as useful and controllable in comparison to the linear torque from s65.

sc is the only way to catch up with stock c63 in straight line performance.

nos shots/ parts removal for weight reduction, drag tires w/ launch control maybe useful to stick up with c63 in straight line without the sc?
I think that's part of the C63's character. People have to understand that Mercedes Benz wasn't after creating a car that will go around corners with precision. They wanted to create a car that has the ability to spend time on the track every now and then (1-2 times a year) and usually just do commuter duty. The M3 was built specifically for balance and track use. That's why the engine likes to rev so high, and that's why you get complaints about the M3 not having enough torque down low. I have a sports bike that revs to 16.5k. Around town, it's pretty damn useless useless, I gun it past 6k and if I do that, I don't go past 2nd because of the speed limits.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2012, 07:41 PM   #135
Alex07M3
Colonel
26
Rep
2,124
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3, Evo X MR, A4 Allroad
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Gatineau

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanium Silver View Post
What does sound have to do with this thread? I was simply stating that the M3 wasn't designed to compete with other cars in a straight line. I was making a general comment that the new M3 will probably be able to do a better job than the E9x.

I don't really care about your preference for engine sound but thanks for sharing.
I think the M3 WAS design to compete with other cars in straight line , it's faster then an ISF , a RS4 , a RS5 , a 2008 CTS-V , only the c63 was design to be faster in a straight line !
__________________
ESS VT1, M Performance exhaust, Turner test pipes, KW V3s, Michelin PSS 255/295

Last edited by Alex07M3; 03-30-2012 at 02:11 PM.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2012, 09:14 PM   #136
car_fan
Captain
car_fan's Avatar
35
Rep
830
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 F12 650cic / 2012 E92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: SoFla

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07M3 View Post
I think the M3 WAS design to compete with other cars in straight line , it's faster then a ISF , an RS4 , an RS5 , a 2008 CTS-V , only the c63 was design to be faster in a straight line !
Annnnd with that "offshore go-fast boat motor" it should - 4.0 liters vs. 6.2 hmmmm even with new math its not hard to calculate an advantage or (2) . 2 liters
__________________
2012 650cic Space Gray/Vermillon Red/Blk.Top(retired)
2011 MINI CooperS BRGII/Lounge Green/Sport/Prem/Connect/Black Xenon/Black Conical Spokes/ACS springs/ACS exhaust/Alta Shorty/Continental Extreme DW
2012 M3 AW/FR NDH2/2MK/ZPP/ZCP/ZCW/752/6NR/OEM CF splitters/OEM CF Mirror caps
2012 X3 35i Titanium Silver/Black ZAP/ZPP/TECH/APPS/Breyton GTS/Continental Extreme DW
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2012, 09:26 AM   #137
Alex07M3
Colonel
26
Rep
2,124
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3, Evo X MR, A4 Allroad
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Gatineau

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_fan View Post
Annnnd with that "offshore go-fast boat motor" it should - 4.0 liters vs. 6.2 hmmmm even with new math its not hard to calculate an advantage or (2) . 2 liters
Well , the replacement for displacement is FI !
__________________
ESS VT1, M Performance exhaust, Turner test pipes, KW V3s, Michelin PSS 255/295
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2012, 10:27 AM   #138
TVMA Doc
Captain
TVMA Doc's Avatar
7
Rep
709
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3, Jerez Black
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: SF Bay

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07M3 View Post
who would want that ugly piece of...
Yeah, but who can tell what it will end up looking like after half of the body panels fall off with time. It could only help to improve the styling.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2012, 10:41 AM   #139
saeedg48
Brigadier General
Iran
132
Rep
3,499
Posts

 
Drives: 12 CLS63 + 14 M6 C
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Unknown

iTrader: (1)

full akropovic exhaust, dct, and a tune.. should b good from there.
I pulled on c63 with my full exhaust and a tune (6sp)
__________________


2008 M3 Sedan + TestPipes + Tune [sold]

2012 CLS63 AMG + P30 Performance Package
2014 M6 Coupe + AMS Downpipes + KW V3
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2012, 10:44 AM   #140
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
Templar's Avatar
United_States
39
Rep
1,823
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: One of the coasts...

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07M3 View Post
I think the M3 WAS design to compete with other cars in straight line , it's faster then a ISF , an RS4 , an RS5 , a 2008 CTS-V , only the c63 was design to be faster in a straight line !
Couldn't be more wrong.

335i's beat the M3 in a straight line in certain situations. So many cars pull hard on the current M3 in a straight line, but once you hit a corner the M3 shines.

The M3 is a track car, plain and simple. If you want a drag racer, the M3 should not be your first choice.

Where do people come up with this stuff?
__________________
'11 BMW E92 ///M3 - ZCP and DCT
'13 Toyota Tundra - 4x4 Platinum CrewMax, 5.7l iForce V8
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2012, 10:59 AM   #141
Alex07M3
Colonel
26
Rep
2,124
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3, Evo X MR, A4 Allroad
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Gatineau

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
Couldn't be more wrong.

335i's beat the M3 in a straight line in certain situations. So many cars pull hard on the current M3 in a straight line, but once you hit a corner the M3 shines.

The M3 is a track car, plain and simple. If you want a drag racer, the M3 should not be your first choice.

Where do people come up with this stuff?
It's not because the M3 was design to take corners that it means it was'nt design for straight line also , I think the engeneers at M are capable to do more then one thing with the M3 !! It also brake well and make a pretty good confortable luxury car !! If the M3 is faster then IS-F and RS4 in straights and corners , does that mean those 2 cars were design for nothing !!?

If you look back at 08 , the M3 was as fast as any other cars in a straight , so why do you say it was not design for that also , you really think that being good at cornering must absolutly mean being bad in straigh !!? If the M3 is that much praised it's because it does everything good !!
__________________
ESS VT1, M Performance exhaust, Turner test pipes, KW V3s, Michelin PSS 255/295
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2012, 11:01 AM   #142
Alex07M3
Colonel
26
Rep
2,124
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3, Evo X MR, A4 Allroad
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Gatineau

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
Couldn't be more wrong.

335i's beat the M3 in a straight line in certain situations. So many cars pull hard on the current M3 in a straight line, but once you hit a corner the M3 shines.

The M3 is a track car, plain and simple. If you want a drag racer, the M3 should not be your first choice.

Where do people come up with this stuff?
Also some 335 beat C63s in a straight , does that mean the C63 is not good in straight !??
__________________
ESS VT1, M Performance exhaust, Turner test pipes, KW V3s, Michelin PSS 255/295
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2012, 12:24 PM   #143
IFX
Banned
31
Rep
2,538
Posts

 
Drives: AW e46M/N54
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South Fla.

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by saeedg48 View Post
full akropovic exhaust, dct, and a tune.. should b good from there.
I pulled on c63 with my full exhaust and a tune (6sp)


Dude, no way...


What gave it away was that your a 6spd.. I'd like to see an M such as yours pull on a 63.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2012, 01:04 PM   #144
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
Templar's Avatar
United_States
39
Rep
1,823
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: One of the coasts...

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07M3 View Post
It's not because the M3 was design to take corners that it means it was'nt design for straight line also , I think the engeneers at M are capable to do more then one thing with the M3 !! It also brake well and make a pretty good confortable luxury car !! If the M3 is faster then IS-F and RS4 in straights and corners , does that mean those 2 cars were design for nothing !!?

If you look back at 08 , the M3 was as fast as any other cars in a straight , so why do you say it was not design for that also , you really think that being good at cornering must absolutly mean being bad in straigh !!? If the M3 is that much praised it's because it does everything good !!
You're not understanding me... I didn't say the M3 was necessarily BAD at a straight line drag-type race, but it is definitely not as good as some people in this thread are trying to make it seem. And even with modifications, it still isn't all that good at straight line. There are much better and cheaper options out there, and those with mods are beasts.

That is all I am saying. If you think the M3 is a drag racer, even with some mods, then you're in for a rude awakening.
__________________
'11 BMW E92 ///M3 - ZCP and DCT
'13 Toyota Tundra - 4x4 Platinum CrewMax, 5.7l iForce V8

Last edited by Templar; 03-30-2012 at 01:14 PM.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2012, 01:36 PM   #145
Tonifyd
Lieutenant
Tonifyd's Avatar
11
Rep
459
Posts

 
Drives: 2011.75 JB E90M3 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Hong Kong

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by saeedg48 View Post
full akropovic exhaust, dct, and a tune.. should b good from there.
I pulled on c63 with my full exhaust and a tune (6sp)
proof please.
__________________
2011.75 E90 ///M3 6MT | JB | Blk | CF | ZCP | ZCV | ZCW | ZP2 | 403 | 6NR | 752 [Sold T.T]
'95 Integra GS-R [Stolen-RIP] | '05 Legacy GT Stg 2[Traded] | '08 STi Stg 2+[Sold]
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2012, 02:44 PM   #146
Alex07M3
Colonel
26
Rep
2,124
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3, Evo X MR, A4 Allroad
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Gatineau

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
You're not understanding me... I didn't say the M3 was necessarily BAD at a straight line drag-type race, but it is definitely not as good as some people in this thread are trying to make it seem. And even with modifications, it still isn't all that good at straight line. There are much better and cheaper options out there, and those with mods are beasts.

That is all I am saying. If you think the M3 is a drag racer, even with some mods, then you're in for a rude awakening.
I think YOU did'nt understood me , what I was saying is that the M3 was infact design to be as much fast in a straight line as the other cars in its category(ISF,RS4,C63,08 CTS-V) , not to be as fast as every supercars in the world !
Now thinking that I would buy a M3 if I wanted a drag racer is underestimating me a bit . Also I'm curious to know what better and cheaper options that would be beasts do I have If I'm shopping in the M3 segment a part from the C63 !?
__________________
ESS VT1, M Performance exhaust, Turner test pipes, KW V3s, Michelin PSS 255/295

Last edited by Alex07M3; 03-30-2012 at 03:04 PM.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2012, 03:07 PM   #147
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
Templar's Avatar
United_States
39
Rep
1,823
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: One of the coasts...

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07M3 View Post
I think YOU did'nt understood me , what I was saying is that the M3 was infact design to be as fast in a straight line as the other cars in its category(ISF,RS4,C63,08 CTS-V) , not to be as fast as every other car in the world !
Now thinking that I would buy a M3 if I wanted a drag racer is underestimating me a bit! Also I'm curious to know what better and cheaper options do I have If I'm shopping in the M3 segment a part from the C63 !?
Edit: Nevermind... I'm not getting into an argument with a M3 fanboy on the internet. I love my car, but at least I can respect other cars out there as well...

If you don't already know what cars are out there that will destroy the M3 in a straight line (because apparently the M was built for drag in your mind), then you are just beyond assistance.
__________________
'11 BMW E92 ///M3 - ZCP and DCT
'13 Toyota Tundra - 4x4 Platinum CrewMax, 5.7l iForce V8

Last edited by Templar; 03-30-2012 at 03:13 PM.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2012, 03:20 PM   #148
Alex07M3
Colonel
26
Rep
2,124
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3, Evo X MR, A4 Allroad
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Gatineau

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
Edit: Nevermind... I'm not getting into an argument with a M3 fanboy on the internet. I love my car, but at least I can respect other cars out there as well...

If you don't already know what cars are out there that will destroy the M3 in a straight line (because apparently the M was built for drag in your mind), then you are just beyond assistance.
Tell me ,in 08 ,for the same price and around same luxury , what car was faster then a M3 except the C63 !?

I'm just saying that the M engineers certanly did not built the M3 to get beet on every highway or at the 1/4 mile track by it's rivals , it's at least as competent on straights as its rivals , expect for the C63 !
__________________
ESS VT1, M Performance exhaust, Turner test pipes, KW V3s, Michelin PSS 255/295

Last edited by Alex07M3; 03-30-2012 at 03:27 PM.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2012, 11:06 PM   #149
FVM3
Major General
FVM3's Avatar
113
Rep
5,739
Posts

 
Drives: e92 m3, f30 328i
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (2)

M3 isnt designed for 1/4 mile! To me M3 is sluggish but so what? I love its handling and sound.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2012, 01:24 AM   #150
HotIce
Banned
United_States
29
Rep
445
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 BMW M3
Join Date: May 2010
Location: I'm not telling some creeper where I live!

iTrader: (0)

LOL. This thread is still going. Reading through this thread, you notice a lot of insecure people about their car purchases.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2012, 01:26 AM   #151
HotIce
Banned
United_States
29
Rep
445
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 BMW M3
Join Date: May 2010
Location: I'm not telling some creeper where I live!

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
Couldn't be more wrong.

335i's beat the M3 in a straight line in certain situations. So many cars pull hard on the current M3 in a straight line, but once you hit a corner the M3 shines.

The M3 is a track car, plain and simple. If you want a drag racer, the M3 should not be your first choice.

Where do people come up with this stuff?
Fanboi's my friend.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2012, 05:08 PM   #152
Pauldramos
Pauldramos's Avatar
United_States
9
Rep
427
Posts

 
Drives: Dinan '11 M3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Solvang, CA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonifyd View Post
Same dyno same day?
The Dinan software is smart enough to know if the engine is not getting enough air and it will reduce engine power to avoid overheating. So, if the car was not properly cooled on the dyno you will not get accurate results. Another reason that Dinan is a warranteed product, it is smart enough to protect itself.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2012, 09:17 PM   #153
JHFW89225
Major
JHFW89225's Avatar
37
Rep
1,102
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: HK/Vancouver

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
2008 335i  [0.00]
If its worth anything, I consistently beat my buddy's 09 C63 AMG (no P30) 451hp.

I have Dinan intake, ECU, Akrapovic EVO thats it.

Just gotta make sure I get the right gear, and depending on speed, his torque might hold me back a bit, but I'll eventually pull ahead noticeably.

Thinking about getting the Dinan Pulley and going catless, anyone have advice/experience?

It just feels weird to beat AMG in a straight line with a M lol... maybe my buddy will make his AMG out handle my M and we can have a role reversal
__________________
2013 Scion FR-S Raven Black
2009 BMW E92 M3 Alpine White/Foxtrot Red Leather/M-DCT/Dinan Intake/Dinan ECU/Dinan Stage 1 Suspension/Dinan Strut Bar/Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust
2008 BMW E90 335i
2005 BMW X3 3.0i
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2012, 09:20 PM   #154
IFX
Banned
31
Rep
2,538
Posts

 
Drives: AW e46M/N54
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South Fla.

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaWong1989 View Post
If its worth anything, I consistently beat my buddy's 09 C63 AMG (no P30) 451hp.

I have Dinan intake, ECU, Akrapovic EVO thats it.

Just gotta make sure I get the right gear, and depending on speed, his torque might hold me back a bit, but I'll eventually pull ahead noticeably.

Thinking about getting the Dinan Pulley and going catless, anyone have advice?


with those mods, how much power are you putting down?

You're telling us from any gear you're taking down the 63?
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:30 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST