BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications
 
Steve Thomas BMW
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-26-2012, 11:35 AM   #89
Tonifyd
Lieutenant
Tonifyd's Avatar
11
Rep
459
Posts

 
Drives: 2011.75 JB E90M3 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Hong Kong

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edjay View Post
Ok, then buy a CTS-V then rape all with 4 people in the car.
It's just my personal subjective opinion, but that car is one ugly hunk of shit. Killer engine I admit, but that's about it.

No thank you.
__________________
2011.75 E90 ///M3 6MT | JB | Blk | CF | ZCP | ZCV | ZCW | ZP2 | 403 | 6NR | 752 [Sold T.T]
'95 Integra GS-R [Stolen-RIP] | '05 Legacy GT Stg 2[Traded] | '08 STi Stg 2+[Sold]
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2012, 11:45 AM   #90
baarii
Major
baarii's Avatar
United_States
16
Rep
1,116
Posts

 
Drives: ..
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: I-66

iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonifyd View Post

Yes, the info that I was looking for, but what were the specs of the C? what year? roll? dig? track? random guy on the street?
Stock 2010 P31 C63 AMG Sedan, No it was my friend and he is on m3post. Oh and the color was graphite with black interior .
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2012, 12:20 PM   #91
radiantm3
Apex Everything!
radiantm3's Avatar
United_States
158
Rep
3,874
Posts

 
Drives: >1000 HP in my garage
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Danville, CA

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2011 E92 M3  [4.80]
2013 BMW X5M  [4.33]
2014 BMW i3  [0.00]
It always seems like the ones who are very focused on making their car faster on the street have never taken their car to the track. I highly recommend doing that. The M3 is plenty fast at the track stock (way beyond most of our skill levels) and after track experience, driving fast on the street is hardly any fun at all, not to mention you start to see how dangerous of an environment it is for that kind of driving. I don't even find driving on the mountain back roads very fun anymore. ISF's and C63's try to egg me on all the time and I just cruise at a comfortable pace thinking about that next track day why they make themselves look like an idiot in traffic.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2012, 12:45 PM   #92
L4ces
Captain
L4ces's Avatar
United_States
8
Rep
705
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 Alpine White
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Nj

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiantm3
It always seems like the ones who are very focused on making their car faster on the street have never taken their car to the track. I highly recommend doing that. The M3 is plenty fast at the track stock (way beyond most of our skill levels) and after track experience, driving fast on the street is hardly any fun at all, not to mention you start to see how dangerous of an environment it is for that kind of driving. I don't even find driving on the mountain back roads very fun anymore. ISF's and C63's try to egg me on all the time and I just cruise at a comfortable pace thinking about that next track day why they make themselves look like an idiot in traffic.
Very good point! I had the same perspective after HPDE. I had little desire on the streets after that experience.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2012, 12:46 PM   #93
L4ces
Captain
L4ces's Avatar
United_States
8
Rep
705
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 Alpine White
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Nj

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by L4ces
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiantm3
It always seems like the ones who are very focused on making their car faster on the street have never taken their car to the track. I highly recommend doing that. The M3 is plenty fast at the track stock (way beyond most of our skill levels) and after track experience, driving fast on the street is hardly any fun at all, not to mention you start to see how dangerous of an environment it is for that kind of driving. I don't even find driving on the mountain back roads very fun anymore. ISF's and C63's try to egg me on all the time and I just cruise at a comfortable pace thinking about that next track day why they make themselves look like an idiot in traffic.
Very good point! I had the same perspective after HPDE. I had little desire on the streets after that experience.
And all I thought about was getting good brakes and learning to 'DRIVE'.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2012, 12:57 PM   #94
crabman
Captain
7
Rep
669
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: WA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07M3 View Post
who would want that ugly piece of...
Certainly not someone who knows next to nothing about cars which is about the only reason I can think of other than the prejudice toward any American car you manifest that would make you call a good car that isn't to your particular taste a piece of shit. So which is it, prejudice or ignorance? A combination of both?
__________________
2012 E92 Space Grey with fox red/black/black, comp, premium, DCT, premium sound, sirius, heated seats.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2012, 01:28 PM   #95
Mr. ///M3 RD
Major General
Mr. ///M3 RD's Avatar
Canada
146
Rep
7,863
Posts

 
Drives: E350 & 280 SL on Weekends :)
Join Date: May 2010
Location: GTA, Ontario - Canada

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiantm3 View Post
It always seems like the ones who are very focused on making their car faster on the street have never taken their car to the track. I highly recommend doing that. The M3 is plenty fast at the track stock (way beyond most of our skill levels) and after track experience, driving fast on the street is hardly any fun at all, not to mention you start to see how dangerous of an environment it is for that kind of driving. I don't even find driving on the mountain back roads very fun anymore. ISF's and C63's try to egg me on all the time and I just cruise at a comfortable pace thinking about that next track day why they make themselves look like an idiot in traffic.
This ^^^ +100%
__________________
Cheers, Rolf-Dieter

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2012, 06:07 PM   #96
Alex07M3
Colonel
26
Rep
2,101
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3, Evo X MR, A4 Allroad
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Gatineau

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman View Post
Certainly not someone who knows next to nothing about cars which is about the only reason I can think of other than the prejudice toward any American car you manifest that would make you call a good car that isn't to your particular taste a piece of shit. So which is it, prejudice or ignorance? A combination of both?
none , it's only a misunderstanding ,what i wanted to say was piece of uglyness that look like shit ! Sorry but as good as the american cars are getting , in my opinion they still look like shit and in the particular case of the CTS-V , I think Cadillac just tryed too hard with all those crazy aggressive angles !! I prefer by far smooth curves then angular styling ! Except in the case of Lamborgini where it would'nt be a lamborgini without those crazy angles !
__________________
ESS VT1, M Performance exhaust, Turner test pipes, KW V3s, Michelin PSS 255/295
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2012, 06:19 PM   #97
Titanium Silver
Four Star General
6
Rep
589
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Although the M3 hauls ass compared to most cars in a straight line, this was not the intent of the vehicle. The car was designed to have incredible handling, proper balance, and to do work at the track.

The M3 pwns the C63 in most track comparison tests. Most people who have driven both cars seem to concur that the M3 has more favorable performance and cosmetic characteristics.

If you are looking to win in a drag race, I would suggest looking at other vehicles or waiting for the F30 M3 to come out. I would bet it will be VERY fast in a straight line with the increased torque and hp figures from the turbos.
__________________


E92 M3 | Jet Black | All OEM Everything
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2012, 06:45 PM   #98
crabman
Captain
7
Rep
669
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: WA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07M3 View Post
none , it's only a misunderstanding ,what i wanted to say was piece of uglyness that look like shit ! Sorry but as good as the american cars are getting , in my opinion they still look like shit and in the particular case of the CTS-V , I think Cadillac just tryed too hard with all those crazy aggressive angles !! I prefer by far smooth curves then angular styling ! Except in the case of Lamborgini where it would'nt be a lamborgini without those crazy angles !
I don't like the looks of the CTS-V either but it is a good car even if it isn't to my taste. Is English a second language for you? You don't come off well in your statements.
__________________
2012 E92 Space Grey with fox red/black/black, comp, premium, DCT, premium sound, sirius, heated seats.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2012, 06:47 PM   #99
Alex07M3
Colonel
26
Rep
2,101
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3, Evo X MR, A4 Allroad
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Gatineau

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman View Post
I don't like the looks of the CTS-V either but it is a good car even if it isn't to my taste. Is English a second language for you? You don't come off well in your statements.
lol ,yes english is a second language for me ! lol
__________________
ESS VT1, M Performance exhaust, Turner test pipes, KW V3s, Michelin PSS 255/295
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2012, 07:34 PM   #100
LarThaL
Colonel
LarThaL's Avatar
64
Rep
2,630
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 M3
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: West Springfield, MA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekrul View Post
Buy a Z06. Rape all. That is the car to buy if you want pure power.
No. That honor would belong to a GTR if you can bare to look at it. Or if you want something good looking, get a Shelby GT500
__________________
Precision tool: 2011 BMW ///M3
Sledgehammer: 2014 Audi S6


Last edited by LarThaL; 03-26-2012 at 07:41 PM.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2012, 07:47 PM   #101
Rekrul
Captain
Rekrul's Avatar
19
Rep
799
Posts

 
Drives: Space Gray e92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Purgatory

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVG View Post
No. That honor would belong to a GTR if you can bare to look at it. Or if you want something good looking, get a Shelby GT500
Z06 would take the GTR....cant look at the GTR lol. Same with Mustangs.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2012, 07:49 PM   #102
Edjay
First Lieutenant
3
Rep
351
Posts

 
Drives: 08 E90 AW, 76 2002
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Sacoftomatoes Ca

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekrul View Post
Z06 would take the GTR....cant look at the GTR lol. Same with Mustangs.
Lets not forget about the ZR1
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2012, 08:15 PM   #103
IFX
Banned
31
Rep
2,538
Posts

 
Drives: AW e46M/N54
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South Fla.

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanium Silver View Post
Although the M3 hauls ass compared to most cars in a straight line, this was not the intent of the vehicle. The car was designed to have incredible handling, proper balance, and to do work at the track.

The M3 pwns the C63 in most track comparison tests. Most people who have driven both cars seem to concur that the M3 has more favorable performance and cosmetic characteristics.

If you are looking to win in a drag race, I would suggest looking at other vehicles or waiting for the F30 M3 to come out. I would bet it will be VERY fast in a straight line with the increased torque and hp figures from the turbos.



Thanks captain obvious.


While we know it will be stupid fast, it will sound like complete garbage.. I'm willing to bet on it.

You know that glorious metallic ticking sound when you start up the M? Gone...


Sound for me plays a big role.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2012, 12:45 PM   #104
Nautik
Captain
12
Rep
632
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 AW M3 DCT
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NoVA

iTrader: (0)

I believe this is the most cost efficient way to add performance to the M3 if you are looking to rival the c63 AMG's straight line performance:
  1. Apex Arc-8 Wheels - approx 5lb reduction to each wheel and 10.5 inch rims in the back (traction matters and the reduced wheel weight will make a difference) - $1300
  2. Turner Test pipe (good for at least 40hp with Evolve tune and not just all top end) - $400 + install
  3. Evolve Tune (great gain across the entire power curve) - $999
  4. Aftermarket Air Filter (proven for a few hp and considering it is cheap, why not... especially if you are running the stock charcoal filter the 08s and 09s came with) $150
  5. Power pully (cheap and proven power) $500
__________________
2009 e92 M3 - AW DCT - Apex Arc8s - Corsa
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2012, 12:53 PM   #105
m3an
Banned
m3an's Avatar
19
Rep
1,611
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nautik View Post
I believe this is the most cost efficient way to add performance to the M3 if you are looking to rival the c63 AMG's straight line performance:
  1. Apex Arc-8 Wheels - approx 5lb reduction to each wheel and 10.5 inch rims in the back (traction matters and the reduced wheel weight will make a difference) - $1300
  2. Turner Test pipe (good for at least 40hp with Evolve tune and not just all top end) - $400 + install
  3. Evolve Tune (great gain across the entire power curve) - $999
  4. Aftermarket Air Filter (proven for a few hp and considering it is cheap, why not... especially if you are running the stock charcoal filter the 08s and 09s came with) $150
  5. Power pully (cheap and proven power) $500

all that plus 4.10 rear and nitrous
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2012, 01:02 PM   #106
RizOne
Private First Class
United_States
5
Rep
146
Posts

 
Drives: F10 M5
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Nj

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonifyd View Post
Just as the title says.

The major difference between the two cars in terms of performance seems to be straightline speed/acceleration. If thats the case why not mod to equal the playing field.

Im wondering what type of mods will be needed to match the c63 in terms of statight line speed. A breakdown of mods needed and total labor costs would be appreciated. Ive tried searching but all im getting are subjective opinions between the two cars. Thanks in advance!
Don't bother wasting your money. Improve your driving skills and pass the C63 on the turns or the straighaway after exiting the turn on the track. They have trouble putting the power down.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2012, 01:04 PM   #107
Alex07M3
Colonel
26
Rep
2,101
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3, Evo X MR, A4 Allroad
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Gatineau

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RizOne View Post
Don't bother wasting your money. Improve your driving skills and pass the C63 on the turns or the straighaway after exiting the turn on the track. They have trouble putting the power down.
1500$ for 40whp is not a waste of money !
__________________
ESS VT1, M Performance exhaust, Turner test pipes, KW V3s, Michelin PSS 255/295
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2012, 01:15 PM   #108
Nautik
Captain
12
Rep
632
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 AW M3 DCT
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NoVA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated ///M View Post
It brings out the best of the best ignorant members on the forums.
So don't read it?
__________________
2009 e92 M3 - AW DCT - Apex Arc8s - Corsa
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2012, 01:36 PM   #109
Tonifyd
Lieutenant
Tonifyd's Avatar
11
Rep
459
Posts

 
Drives: 2011.75 JB E90M3 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Hong Kong

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nautik View Post
I believe this is the most cost efficient way to add performance to the M3 if you are looking to rival the c63 AMG's straight line performance:
  1. Apex Arc-8 Wheels - approx 5lb reduction to each wheel and 10.5 inch rims in the back (traction matters and the reduced wheel weight will make a difference) - $1300
  2. Turner Test pipe (good for at least 40hp with Evolve tune and not just all top end) - $400 + install
  3. Evolve Tune (great gain across the entire power curve) - $999
  4. Aftermarket Air Filter (proven for a few hp and considering it is cheap, why not... especially if you are running the stock charcoal filter the 08s and 09s came with) $150
  5. Power pully (cheap and proven power) $500
Thanks for the good info, but has this been a proven setup? It also seems that the akra evo is a good choice too, considering the amount of weight it saves.
__________________
2011.75 E90 ///M3 6MT | JB | Blk | CF | ZCP | ZCV | ZCW | ZP2 | 403 | 6NR | 752 [Sold T.T]
'95 Integra GS-R [Stolen-RIP] | '05 Legacy GT Stg 2[Traded] | '08 STi Stg 2+[Sold]
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2012, 01:51 PM   #110
Alex07M3
Colonel
26
Rep
2,101
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3, Evo X MR, A4 Allroad
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Gatineau

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonifyd View Post
Thanks for the good info, but has this been a proven setup? It also seems that the akra evo is a good choice too, considering the amount of weight it saves.
If you considere that a proof :


In Akra Evo is a good option for more power in the same way that any catless+tune set-up is . But IMHO, in that price range you should go with an ESS VT1-535 instead !
__________________
ESS VT1, M Performance exhaust, Turner test pipes, KW V3s, Michelin PSS 255/295
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:11 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST