BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications
 
GT Haus
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-24-2012, 01:02 AM   #45
m3an
Banned
m3an's Avatar
19
Rep
1,611
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean05 View Post
Bro i understand your point but so many people have tried that so when u say use a fouler it just doesnt work, no matter what u do or say.... The only thing is when some people use HFC and to some it sometimes works but just a fouler i bet your car was tuned before.... Have your dealer check i seriously think ur car is tuned....

Bro just an fyi if u bought ur car cert. then yes there is no tune on your car but if u bought it without then FYI if ther is nothing wrong with the car they will sell it as is....

I had my car serviced for 2 1/2 years and since day one they never knew that i had upgraded to the new LCI they only found out when they reflashed my ECU... Even tuners will have to disagree with you...

it is what it is.. obviously we can go back and forth, it works for some, and doesn't for others. And I know for a fact my car (under factory warranty/confirmed) has no tune on it whatsoever.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2012, 01:31 AM   #46
Frostbite
Lieutenant
United_States
9
Rep
568
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: USA

iTrader: (-1)

Garage List
I got a CEL after installing the fabspeed hfc & xpipe. I bought some angled extenders and got a CEL again. I adjusted it by pulling it out some more and I haven't got a CEL since. You just gotta play with it a little and you can avoid getting a CEL.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2012, 01:59 AM   #47
Zaw
Private First Class
1
Rep
102
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 DCT Competition
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Studio City, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by talontid View Post
Ok, bought my car 100% stock from a BMW dealer; and I did all the work as previously stated; There is no tune on my car. Like I said, it works for me and I am sure I am not the only one, just offering a cheaper solution for others. Again it's a "mechanical" fix, there's no reason it shouldn't and I'm sharing first hand info..
Just share with us your exact setup and contribute to our over all knowledge and silent the doubters. If you can't share with the community how you have managed to do something we have not able to do, than please shut up.

Appreciate 0
      03-24-2012, 07:33 AM   #48
Raptor251
ESS Dreaming
Raptor251's Avatar
United_States
10
Rep
870
Posts

 
Drives: 2011.5 e92 m3/Ford Raptor 6.2
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrollsp View Post
I got a CEL after installing the fabspeed hfc & xpipe. I bought some angled extenders and got a CEL again. I adjusted it by pulling it out some more and I haven't got a CEL since. You just gotta play with it a little and you can avoid getting a CEL.
I guess you failed to read any of this thread. If you had you would realize we are talking about catless cars, you have high flow cats, totally different.

O2 extenders do NOT work on an s65
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2012, 10:13 AM   #49
m3an
Banned
m3an's Avatar
19
Rep
1,611
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor251 View Post
I guess you failed to read any of this thread. If you had you would realize we are talking about catless cars, you have high flow cats, totally different.

O2 extenders do NOT work on an s65

Ok guys, he wins^.. Obviously can't tell him anything. to the other poster, yes my car is fully catless, and I used a 90 degree fouler. Also if needed I have 02 antifoulers that can also be used to pull the 02 sensor out of the stream even further if need be. As the other guy stated, even though he has HFC, he got a cel, playd with the 02 extenders and got it to work.. Reagardless if you have cats or not, a CEL for cat inefficiences is what it is.. If you can alter the signal read by the ECU you should be good to go.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2012, 10:34 AM   #50
Singletrack
4th down; 4th quarter? Renegade.
Singletrack's Avatar
United_States
43
Rep
3,820
Posts

 
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3; 12 AW X5d
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor251 View Post
I guess you failed to read any of this thread. If you had you would realize we are talking about catless cars, you have high flow cats, totally different.

O2 extenders do NOT work on an s65
There is no pre-made solution for mechanical extenders that works on all catless systems. There is nothing magic about this setup. We are just talking about manipulating the rear O2 extended position until the signal is right. So calling this guy a liar, when he has zero to gain, seems pretty illogical to me.

It doesn't matter if you have HFCs or not, Fabspeed had to do the exact same thing - experiment until they got the right length/angle/etc.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2012, 11:03 AM   #51
m3an
Banned
m3an's Avatar
19
Rep
1,611
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singletrack View Post
There is no pre-made solution for mechanical extenders that works on all catless systems. There is nothing magic about this setup. We are just talking about manipulating the rear O2 extended position until the signal is right. So calling this guy a liar, when he has zero to gain, seems pretty illogical to me.

It doesn't matter if you have HFCs or not, Fabspeed had to do the exact same thing - experiment until they got the right length/angle/etc.
that's just it, it's a mechanical fix, so there is no science/black magic to make it work, it just does. And your right, sometimes I have seen a regular smaller 02 extender not work. It does take a certain length/angle to make the signal read correct to not draw a CEL. I found that the auto parts help section anti-foulers drilled out will pull it out even further (in smaller increments) if needs be, but I just have the reg 90 degree ones and they seem to work.
(off topic, do you mountain bike? aka your screen name)
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2012, 11:21 AM   #52
Raptor251
ESS Dreaming
Raptor251's Avatar
United_States
10
Rep
870
Posts

 
Drives: 2011.5 e92 m3/Ford Raptor 6.2
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by talontid View Post
Ok guys, he wins^.. Obviously can't tell him anything. to the other poster, yes my car is fully catless, and I used a 90 degree fouler. Also if needed I have 02 antifoulers that can also be used to pull the 02 sensor out of the stream even further if need be. As the other guy stated, even though he has HFC, he got a cel, playd with the 02 extenders and got it to work.. Reagardless if you have cats or not, a CEL for cat inefficiences is what it is.. If you can alter the signal read by the ECU you should be good to go.
What dont you get? This isnt a competition or an argument. You have yet to list what x pipe you have and what mechanical 02 delete you are using. I can report the fabspeed extenders didnt work in the dinan mid pipe and didnt work in the RPI x pipe. Its to the point where i'm willing to make a serious bet with you that there is something else going on.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2012, 02:31 PM   #53
Verify
Captain
9
Rep
628
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: MD-NY

iTrader: (1)

looks good

Last edited by Verify; 04-04-2013 at 01:09 PM.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2012, 02:54 PM   #54
bsiciliano
Captain
United_States
12
Rep
642
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 M3 Convertible
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (4)

You guys use "bro" in this thread more than Keanu Reeves in Point Break.
__________________
2011 E93 - Space Gray - 6MT/Silver Novillo/
OE Tuning/Gruppe M Intake/ACS Springs/Vorsteiner CF Type I Rear Diffuser/Textured Matte Black Custom Powdercoated OEM 359s/Painted Reflectors/Matte Grille, Hood Vents and Side Markers/Arqray Race Exhaust/MS Pulley
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2012, 04:09 PM   #55
Singletrack
4th down; 4th quarter? Renegade.
Singletrack's Avatar
United_States
43
Rep
3,820
Posts

 
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3; 12 AW X5d
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by talontid View Post
that's just it, it's a mechanical fix, so there is no science/black magic to make it work, it just does. And your right, sometimes I have seen a regular smaller 02 extender not work. It does take a certain length/angle to make the signal read correct to not draw a CEL. I found that the auto parts help section anti-foulers drilled out will pull it out even further (in smaller increments) if needs be, but I just have the reg 90 degree ones and they seem to work.
(off topic, do you mountain bike? aka your screen name)
Haha - Yah I use to be a serious mountain biker in the early 2000s...but I flip flop between sports I'm obsessed with...a few bad crashes and reaching the peak of my ability led me to look for thrills elsewhere. A blown out shoulder late last year from Lacrosse and I'm in a temporary sports retirement ; )

I plan to revisit mountain biking...hopefully in the next few years. Believe it or not, Pittsburgh is actually a hot bed and has some stunning trails.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2012, 04:37 PM   #56
Malek@MRF
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Malek@MRF's Avatar
United_States
62
Rep
3,406
Posts


 
Drives: E92 M3, E46 M3, F30, E30
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Irvine, California

iTrader: (5)

Send a message via AIM to Malek@MRF
The 02 extenders will not work. Spark plug foulers will not work. They may work for a little bit of time, but the car will eventually throw a fault. We have personally gone over 2000 miles with our prototype design, and then finally threw a code.

The 02 simulator and voltage divider technique will not work either, and as a matter of fact will throw other 02 codes for "signal latency"as well.

These old school tricks will not work with the MSS60 DME.
__________________

BMW PERFORMANCE SPECIALISTS. Suspension. Forced Induction. Brakes. Race Preparation. Service. Alignments.
OFFICIAL PARTNERS: Íhlins. KW Suspension. Brembo. AP Racing. ESS Tuning. iND Distribution. Turner Motorsport.
Facebook | Instagram | Yelp! | Flikr | Contact | YouTube
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2012, 05:07 PM   #57
Raptor251
ESS Dreaming
Raptor251's Avatar
United_States
10
Rep
870
Posts

 
Drives: 2011.5 e92 m3/Ford Raptor 6.2
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malekreza11 View Post
The 02 extenders will not work. Spark plug foulers will not work. They may work for a little bit of time, but the car will eventually throw a fault. We have personally gone over 2000 miles with our prototype design, and then finally threw a code.

The 02 simulator and voltage divider technique will not work either, and as a matter of fact will throw other 02 codes for "signal latency"as well.

These old school tricks will not work with the MSS60 DME.
When are people gonna learn?
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2012, 09:38 PM   #58
Sean05
Putcha ang ganda...
Sean05's Avatar
Philippines
89
Rep
5,331
Posts

 
Drives: 08 MR E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Los Angeles, Brea CA.

iTrader: (9)

Send a message via Yahoo to Sean05
LOL I know bro they think it does... Not on a catless pipe people just dont get it ... I bet u if he is running catless xpipe and bought the car used i bet hes car is tuned... Plus this guy seems to have a e46 which had no issue on using the fouler...

This is my last post these people gives me headache
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2012, 10:45 PM   #59
Singletrack
4th down; 4th quarter? Renegade.
Singletrack's Avatar
United_States
43
Rep
3,820
Posts

 
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3; 12 AW X5d
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor251 View Post
When are people gonna learn?
When someone who knows what they are talking about tells us...as opposed to you. LOL.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2012, 10:48 PM   #60
Singletrack
4th down; 4th quarter? Renegade.
Singletrack's Avatar
United_States
43
Rep
3,820
Posts

 
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3; 12 AW X5d
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malekreza11 View Post
The 02 extenders will not work. Spark plug foulers will not work. They may work for a little bit of time, but the car will eventually throw a fault. We have personally gone over 2000 miles with our prototype design, and then finally threw a code.

The 02 simulator and voltage divider technique will not work either, and as a matter of fact will throw other 02 codes for "signal latency"as well.

These old school tricks will not work with the MSS60 DME.
As always, thanks for the info man! Too bad you guys couldn't make it work; would have been a sweet little product.

Interesting info on the 02 simulator, since someone is selling it. : O
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2012, 11:42 PM   #61
m3an
Banned
m3an's Avatar
19
Rep
1,611
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singletrack View Post
When someone who knows what they are talking about tells us...as opposed to you. LOL.

+1 .. I have nothing to gain by sharing my first hand experience. My car was also purchased 100% stock and modded by me.


Also I was a lax goalie for a long time.. Now my knees hurt, lol. But I miss those days. But I still ride my hardtail; not as hardcore as I used to.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2012, 11:43 PM   #62
m3an
Banned
m3an's Avatar
19
Rep
1,611
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SehrSchnell View Post


I actually liked that movie...

x10, that movie is/was a classic. Utah get me 2!!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2012, 11:44 PM   #63
m3an
Banned
m3an's Avatar
19
Rep
1,611
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean05 View Post
LOL I know bro they think it does... Not on a catless pipe people just dont get it ... I bet u if he is running catless xpipe and bought the car used i bet hes car is tuned... Plus this guy seems to have a e46 which had no issue on using the fouler...

This is my last post these people gives me headache
had an e46.. got too hardcore to drive everyday, parted and sold it for my e90
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2012, 12:00 AM   #64
spoonf20c
let me see you become a ///Monster
spoonf20c's Avatar
Philippines
5
Rep
315
Posts

 
Drives: E92
Join Date: May 2009
Location: SloCal

iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malekreza11 View Post
The 02 extenders will not work. Spark plug foulers will not work. They may work for a little bit of time, but the car will eventually throw a fault. We have personally gone over 2000 miles with our prototype design, and then finally threw a code.

The 02 simulator and voltage divider technique will not work either, and as a matter of fact will throw other 02 codes for "signal latency"as well.

These old school tricks will not work with the MSS60 DME.
when you say 02 sims will not work are you referring to the bms fix the op quoted? i wanted to give it a shot because its a much cheaper solution that the akra delete-r
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2012, 07:41 AM   #65
pbonsalb
Lieutenant Colonel
22
Rep
1,800
Posts

 
Drives: 08 E90 M3, 99 E36 M3 Turbo
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Concord, NH

iTrader: (3)

The Akra Delete-R is not an 02 sim. It just repeatedly resets the code for failed cats before the CEL appears. I'd prefer a rear 02 sim. Evolve can now do it in the software, but a fix can be done in the software that interrelates values, whereas a rear 02 sim cannot do that (unless it is tied into the front 02).
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2012, 08:36 AM   #66
Singletrack
4th down; 4th quarter? Renegade.
Singletrack's Avatar
United_States
43
Rep
3,820
Posts

 
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3; 12 AW X5d
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by talontid View Post
+1 .. I have nothing to gain by sharing my first hand experience. My car was also purchased 100% stock and modded by me.


Also I was a lax goalie for a long time.. Now my knees hurt, lol. But I miss those days. But I still ride my hardtail; not as hardcore as I used to.
Haha - Lax goalie = insane; I would never, especially with the shot velocities now. I play/played attack...left knee, left shoulder, left elbow (hockey actually)...all damaged. But I'm as delusional as Brett Favre, so I'll be back ; )

Yah I built my dream full suspension (but that could still climb), then pushed it super hard for a year and a half and sort of got burnt out. I have my old Schwinn aluminum (pre-buyout) hardtail just sitting there waiting to be restored. The frame is tits - all polished aluminum, but it transmits everything to your body haha : )
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:58 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST