BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-24-2012, 01:50 PM   #309
db71
Private First Class
 
Drives: 10 Audi S5
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: IL

Posts: 99
iTrader: (0)

So when you asked about testing of wheels by companies and I told you I was being critical.

It is funny how different forums support different brands by majority.

It's like HRE is the class valedictorian your daughter/sister brings home and ADV1 is the tattooed up bad boy she brings home.

HRE can do no wrong in your guys eyes and ADV1 can do nothing right. Now this is not everyone just the majority.

At the end of the day I'm just doing market research as to likes and dislikes of different wheel companies.

Last edited by db71; 03-24-2012 at 02:05 PM.
db71 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-24-2012, 02:30 PM   #310
MatthewDavid
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 : Black/Black, DCT
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: San Francisco, CA

Posts: 313
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [4.00]
Maybe I've missed it, but where are the moderators in all this? Have they posted at all asking for vendors to provide accurate, honest information, and calling them on it when they don't? I'm sure they can't watch all threads, but a lot pertaining to ADV.1 spiral out of control; they must know this.

I like this forum, but there's only so much B.S. one can take, and I can only make fun of Tibra so many times before I lose interest. Less of people like me means less advertising dollars (why pay to advertise to no audience?). Seems like that'd be more costly than losing a vendor, but I must be wrong.
MatthewDavid is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-24-2012, 02:35 PM   #311
Raptor251
ESS Dreaming
 
Raptor251's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011.5 e92 m3/Ford Raptor 6.2
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Diego

Posts: 870
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SehrSchnell View Post
Your analog is flawed... you need to look at cause and effect.

Here are the facts:

ADV.1 claimed... and I quote: "We are TUV certified as well."

Another poster asked for proof.

ADV.1 posted a photo of a bogus TUV certificate.

Another poster pointed out that this is *NOT* a TUV certificate. Highlighting the fact that ADV.1 is feeding this forum deliberately BS.

ADV.1 then explained then that they are *NOT* certified yet... Here is Matt's quote: "Guys we have no control over how quickly the documents are processed at TUV. It's not exactly a small operation over there but our paperwork has been filed, we're just waiting to have it processed and sent back."

Yet, they advertised that they are and flat out told members of this forum.

There is nothing anybody can say or spin to make this be OK.

This has nothing to do with hating on ADV.1. Any vendor who would lie like this would be in hot waters on this or any other forum.



This x1000
Raptor251 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-24-2012, 02:43 PM   #312
M3SQRD
Colonel
 
M3SQRD's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3s, R56 Cooper S
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: EC

Posts: 2,441
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SehrSchnell View Post
Your analog is flawed... you need to look at cause and effect.

Here are the facts:

ADV.1 claimed... and I quote: "We are TUV certified as well."

Another poster asked for proof.

ADV.1 posted a photo of a bogus TUV certificate.

Another poster pointed out that this is *NOT* a TUV certificate. Highlighting the fact that ADV.1 is feeding this forum deliberately BS.

ADV.1 then explained then that they are *NOT* certified yet... Here is Matt's quote: "Guys we have no control over how quickly the documents are processed at TUV. It's not exactly a small operation over there but our paperwork has been filed, we're just waiting to have it processed and sent back."

Yet, they advertised that they are and flat out told members of this forum.

There is nothing anybody can say or spin to make this be OK.

This has nothing to do with hating on ADV.1. Any vendor who would lie like this would be in hot waters on this or any other forum.
Agree with you 100%. Why is this so difficult for some people to comprehend?

Also, if db71 spent more time on this forum he'd realize HRE does not have the position on this forum he thinks they have - Rays/Volk and BBS are at the top.
M3SQRD is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-24-2012, 02:59 PM   #313
PINHEAD
Motorsport Passion!!!
 
PINHEAD's Avatar
 
Drives: E92M3/997.2RS
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 976
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarnes View Post
Agree with you 100%. Why is this so difficult for some people to comprehend?

Also, if db71 spent more time on this forum he'd realize HRE does not have the position on this forum he thinks they have - Rays/Volk and BBS are at the top.
__________________
PINHEAD is offline   Monaco
0
Reply With Quote
      03-24-2012, 03:46 PM   #314
Singletrack
4th down; 4th quarter? Renegade.
 
Singletrack's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3; 12 AW X5d
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Posts: 3,795
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SehrSchnell View Post

Now, before anybody says I'm on the "hater bandwagon"... I'm not, I don't own a set of their wheels, don't know anybody who had their wheels, and for the record... I do really like their styling and design.

But since this forum is used to sell expensive mods, and although the buyer should always do their own independent research, I find it absolutely unacceptable and dangerous if a vendor misinforms, and lies about certification.

Here is a quote from Matt that is completely false.

After asking to provide the TUV certificate... they provided this joke:

It was then pointed out that this is NOT a TUV certificate... and again, some bullshit was made up... "oh.. we filed, and it is pending"/

Again, I don't give two shits about how you handle costumer service, or how much you advertise here, but if this would be my site, and I'd catch you lying about stuff like that - I'd kick you out.

There is just no way you can spin this as me being a hater, etc... I posted quotes from Matt about their wheels being TUV certified (to improve sales), and his statement was a straight up lie - unless they are completely clueless on how the TUV certification works... which I seriously doubt.
I know you're a lover and not a hater : ) That is apparent, because this is a well written and very specific post.

I followed that other thread, and I agree that it is ugly. However, I was not able to make the jump to calling them liars; but that is just me. To me it looked like a new guy with the company (Matt ~6 months) walking into a mine field without knowing exactly what he was talking about. It also looks like they jumped the gun on their marketing with regard to certification. This isn't acceptable either, but I can appreciate the possibility of this being the truth as opposed to just assuming he was attempting to deceive all of us. It is not as though they have not been actively working with TUV for certification.

Also, and the TUV system is fairly confusing to me, but my understanding is that the certificate they showed confirms that the sample was received for testing, but it was difficult for me to understand if it certifies anything beyond that. I agree that what was posted is NOT a TUV approval and absolutely should not be portrayed as such.

I agree that the certification issue requires additional clarification from ADV.1.
Singletrack is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-24-2012, 03:54 PM   #315
the infamous...
Relapsed Bimmerpost Addict
 
the infamous...'s Avatar
 
Drives: like I'M BOUT THAT LIFE
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: PARADISE aka CANES COUNTRY

Posts: 17,537
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by db71 View Post
So when you asked about testing of wheels by companies and I told you I was being critical.

It is funny how different forums support different brands by majority.

It's like HRE is the class valedictorian your daughter/sister brings home and ADV1 is the tattooed up bad boy she brings home.

HRE can do no wrong in your guys eyes and ADV1 can do nothing right. Now this is not everyone just the majority.

At the end of the day I'm just doing market research as to likes and dislikes of different wheel companies.
hre is professional n more importantly transparent in terms of backin up their claims.
so ya hre is the valedictorian compared 2 adv who keeps flunkin.
__________________


"simple is clean" -The ///ModFather
the infamous... is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-24-2012, 07:55 PM   #316
db71
Private First Class
 
Drives: 10 Audi S5
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: IL

Posts: 99
iTrader: (0)

All bs about companies aside. These failures are rare and could happen to anyone because of the processes involved with making the raw materials. I have bent, broke, and mounted and balanced many wheels. And would trust me and my family's life on forged wheels made from components from either of the 2 manufacturers mentioned.

I also respect the fact they use American made products to manufacture these wheels that means it keeps jobs here in the country. How many products can we as a country say we export to Taiwan and other countries that are 100% American made. Just think how many jobs are created by ADV1 and HRE outside of there respective plants. tires, shipping, dealers, and on down the food chain all the way to the babysitters of the employees kids. If your in Miami I will guarantee that you know a business that gets money because of ADV1 and even more in California where their wheels are produced along with HRE and the raw material suppliers.

People would maybe think twice about bad mouthing a worldwide company on the worldwide web if it affected their job. Even though people here have no issue trashing a company whom they have never done business with. Even people who were former customers at 360 have not done business with this company so they have no room to bad mouth.

All the while you support companies who make their wheels outside of the country because they are cheaper yeah they still get shipped and dealers etc but not as much goes back into the country that we live in.



I think everybody here should think about these things and realize it could be their job or business people are trashing and putting their job at risk.
db71 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-24-2012, 08:09 PM   #317
kmarei
Major General
 
kmarei's Avatar
 
Drives: 1988 E30 M3 Evo II
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Reston, VA

Posts: 6,480
iTrader: (33)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PINHEAD View Post
nope. didnt. dont care. and im enjoying it.
Wow
You just discredited everything you said earlier, and made it damn obvious that you are totally biased
Way to go
Hard to argue with you when you do a better job discrediting your points than I can
__________________
This user has been banned from the 4 series forum because he doesn't sing its merits like the admins want us all to

kmarei is offline   Egypt
0
Reply With Quote
      03-24-2012, 08:26 PM   #318
inandout
Second Lieutenant
 
inandout's Avatar
 
Drives: 4 Rings
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: USA

Posts: 299
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by db71 View Post
All bs about companies aside. These failures are rare and could happen to anyone because of the processes involved with making the raw materials. I have bent, broke, and mounted and balanced many wheels. And would trust me and my family's life on forged wheels made from components from either of the 2 manufacturers mentioned.

I also respect the fact they use American made products to manufacture these wheels that means it keeps jobs here in the country. How many products can we as a country say we export to Taiwan and other countries that are 100% American made. Just think how many jobs are created by ADV1 and HRE outside of there respective plants. tires, shipping, dealers, and on down the food chain all the way to the babysitters of the employees kids. If your in Miami I will guarantee that you know a business that gets money because of ADV1 and even more in California where their wheels are produced along with HRE and the raw material suppliers.

People would maybe think twice about bad mouthing a worldwide company on the worldwide web if it affected their job. Even though people here have no issue trashing a company whom they have never done business with. Even people who were former customers at 360 have not done business with this company so they have no room to bad mouth.

All the while you support companies who make their wheels outside of the country because they are cheaper yeah they still get shipped and dealers etc but not as much goes back into the country that we live in.



I think everybody here should think about these things and realize it could be their job or business people are trashing and putting their job at risk.
LoL, your argument now is that we should support ADV1 because of american job creation? Gtfo of here.
inandout is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-24-2012, 08:31 PM   #319
M3SQRD
Colonel
 
M3SQRD's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3s, R56 Cooper S
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: EC

Posts: 2,441
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by inandout View Post
LoL, your argument now is that we should support ADV1 because of american job creation? Gtfo of here.
Yeah, people buy Volk wheels on this forum because they are cheaper, not because they are significantly better, than ADV1 wheels
M3SQRD is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-24-2012, 08:43 PM   #320
db71
Private First Class
 
Drives: 10 Audi S5
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: IL

Posts: 99
iTrader: (0)

I don't give a rats ass if you support them or not. But slandering a company and calling them scammers and saying there products are unsafe is a serious matter that affects lots of people. Especially if you are doing that without merit.

Just to add I do not agree with some of the marketing tactics that are done by ADV1 like this whole TUV thing. I also feel that other wheel companies large and small use marketing tactics that are similar and I do not agree with those either.

Last edited by db71; 03-24-2012 at 08:58 PM.
db71 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-24-2012, 08:49 PM   #321
db71
Private First Class
 
Drives: 10 Audi S5
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: IL

Posts: 99
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarnes View Post
Yeah, people buy Volk wheels on this forum because they are cheaper, not because they are significantly better, than ADV1 wheels
So you have owned both??? What are you forming your opinion on??? What makes one wheel significantly better than another????
db71 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-24-2012, 08:55 PM   #322
inandout
Second Lieutenant
 
inandout's Avatar
 
Drives: 4 Rings
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: USA

Posts: 299
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by db71 View Post
I don't give a rats ass if you support them or not. But slandering a company and calling them scammers and saying there products are unsafe is a serious matter that affects lots of people. Especially if you are doing that without merit.
Lots of people who?
4 people who run the company who have a track record of spewing out misleading info about their company and product?
inandout is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-24-2012, 08:57 PM   #323
inandout
Second Lieutenant
 
inandout's Avatar
 
Drives: 4 Rings
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: USA

Posts: 299
iTrader: (0)

Oh.. Add 1 more to the list. You. Who seem to be on their payroll.
inandout is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-24-2012, 09:01 PM   #324
M3SQRD
Colonel
 
M3SQRD's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3s, R56 Cooper S
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: EC

Posts: 2,441
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by db71 View Post
So you have owned both??? What are you forming your opinion on??? What makes one wheel significantly better than another????
Volk, yes. HRE, yes. ADV1, no and I never will.

Volk wheels are used in professional race series by top teams in many different countries and, IMO, that makes their wheels superior to wheels made by a wheel company that doesn't even manufacture their own wheels in-house.
M3SQRD is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-24-2012, 09:13 PM   #325
Mike Lu
Z
 
Mike Lu's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 AW M3
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: E. Lansing

Posts: 633
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [0.00]
2009 BMW/M3  [5.00]
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by inandout View Post
Oh.. Add 1 more to the list. You. Who seem to be on their payroll.
You registered after this thread was started, all your posts are in the thread supporting ADV.1, just out of curiosity, how could you expect others to believe your posts' legitimacy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by db71 View Post
I don't give a rats ass if you support them or not. But slandering a company and calling them scammers and saying there products are unsafe is a serious matter that affects lots of people. Especially if you are doing that without merit.

Just to add I do not agree with some of the marketing tactics that are done by ADV1 like this whole TUV thing. I also feel that other wheel companies large and small use marketing tactics that are similar and I do not agree with those either.
__________________
Challenge V-weave Front Lip & Mirror Caps | WSTO painted AW front grill & Mag Blue side grill & Mag Blue Tow Hook & Mag Blue mirror inner ring | Te-37 Mag Blue wrapped with R-S3 | Kreissieg F1 exhaust & X-pipe | KW V3 | Vortex EVO X GT-wing | Tinted LCI taillight | Nadi steering wheel & IND shift extension |
Mike Lu is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-24-2012, 09:16 PM   #326
inandout
Second Lieutenant
 
inandout's Avatar
 
Drives: 4 Rings
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: USA

Posts: 299
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by db71 View Post
I don't give a rats ass if you support them or not. But slandering a company and calling them scammers and saying there products are unsafe is a serious matter that affects lots of people. Especially if you are doing that without merit.

Just to add I do not agree with some of the marketing tactics that are done by ADV1 like this whole TUV thing. I also feel that other wheel companies large and small use marketing tactics that are similar and I do not agree with those either.
Nice edit. Go buy a set of adv1 and DIAF.
inandout is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-24-2012, 09:17 PM   #327
db71
Private First Class
 
Drives: 10 Audi S5
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: IL

Posts: 99
iTrader: (0)

Yes I read the thread it's about a wheel failure potentially because of a supplier issue. Then people posted things like scammers, junk products, unsafe, do they test them etc..

Then people cry about Something that only applies in Germany.

Then we decide they are inferior to another company because a race teams use one product over another. Not based on real world experience.

Then we go full circle and say there junk because they have someone else manufacture them.

Oh I almost forgot I must work for them because I don't jump on the bandwagon. If anyone is on Champaign IL i will meet you tomorrow and introduce myself I'll be in STL monday if anyone is there Westport area.
db71 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-24-2012, 10:47 PM   #328
MatthewDavid
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 : Black/Black, DCT
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: San Francisco, CA

Posts: 313
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [4.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by db71 View Post
...Oh I almost forgot I must work for them because I don't jump on the bandwagon. If anyone is on Champaign IL i will meet you tomorrow and introduce myself I'll be in STL monday if anyone is there Westport area.
I don't understand. You drive a '10 S5, but you're on an M3 forum. All your posts are in this thread. You're taking the losing side of the debate. And you're upset people think you're an ADV.1 shill? I don't really care personally, but can you not see why people have this perspective?

And, this isn't Craigslist Casual Encounters; no one wants to hook up with you off the interwebs ha jk
MatthewDavid is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-24-2012, 11:22 PM   #329
db71
Private First Class
 
Drives: 10 Audi S5
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: IL

Posts: 99
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewDavid View Post
I don't understand. You drive a '10 S5, but you're on an M3 forum. All your posts are in this thread. You're taking the losing side of the debate. And you're upset people think you're an ADV.1 shill? I don't really care personally, but can you not see why people have this perspective?

And, this isn't Craigslist Casual Encounters; no one wants to hook up with you off the interwebs ha jk
I have been on here before just never registered. Just because I drive an Audi does not mean that I will forever. I like to check out and see what wheel companies are out there. Example I'm on a lot of forums and have never seen morr. I had a couple bad experiences in purchasing forged wheels in the past which caused me to do a lot of research into testing, suppliers, manufacturers etc.

I think the whole industry is full of bs perception marketing photoshopping renderings etc.

So I decided to see why people put up with such bs from these companies and say they are so great.

I mean why does it take 4-6 weeks plus to get forged wheels when it takes about 6-8 hours to machine a set? But people plunk down 50% and put themselves at the mercy of the company.

Why do people believe one wheel is better than another when there are only a couple manufacturers of the raw parts?

Why do people believe that a company must make there own wheels out of raw parts produced by other companies instead of leaving it to companies which specialize in the induvidual processes like machining, powdercoating etc. but do not insist on that with other products in their life that are equally or more important to the safety of them or their family?

Why people slam a company who is selling a lot of wheels but don't pay attention to a guy who works off his cell phone out of his living room?

Why does it matter if your management process is certified?

I was not defending ADV1 just trying to present another prospective to things see what people argument was.

They are having a m3 meet in st Louis and going to gateway I plan on catching up with some people from here.
db71 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-25-2012, 02:19 AM   #330
M3_WC
Colonel
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: CA

Posts: 2,216
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singletrack View Post
Yes, it is truly outrageous. I can't think of anything more annoying than seeing beautiful cars with beautiful wheels.

sarcasm meter:

[..................../]

Seriously man, complain to the mods. You sound like a whiny bitch.
Taken care of.
M3_WC is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:28 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST