BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-21-2012, 02:17 AM   #1
Richard@M-World
 
Richard@M-World's Avatar
 
Drives: NASA TTA #92 M3
Join Date: May 2011
Location: TX/IL

Posts: 683
iTrader: (0)

Thumbs up Very Impressed with Pagid Yellow Racing Pads

As many of you know, Pagid Yellow RS19 and RS29 racing pads are known for their ultra-low wear rates, and this is why Pagid has won some of the most prestigious endurance races in the world such as Le Mans 24, Rolex 24, ALMS Petit Le Mans... just to name a few.

Out of curiosity, I took before and after thickness measurements of the Pagid Yellow RS29 pads on my StopTech BBK. And the results are nothing short of impressive.

Usage:
2x track sessions at MSR Houston, Angleton, TX
2x track sessions at Grandsport Speedway, Hitchcock, TX
2x track sessions at Harris Hill Raceway, San Marcos, TX

Each session consists of 15-20 minutes of hot laps.

Plus 300+ miles of street and highway driving.

Pad wear:
Front axle: max 2/64" (0.8 mm) - as little as 1/64" in some areas
Rear axle: max 1/64" (0.4 mm) - pretty consistent on all pads

Name:  small.jpg
Views: 3128
Size:  348.3 KB
__________________
Authorized AiM Dealer - Solo/Solo DL | SmartyCam HD | www.m-world.us
Richard@M-World is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-21-2012, 06:56 AM   #2
Bubbles
Green Bastard
 
Bubbles's Avatar
 
Drives: ZCP-Powered
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bishop Bend

Posts: 3,546
iTrader: (3)

Great wear rates!


Richard, I'm putting those RS29 I got from you to good use this weekend.

Thanks again for the easy transaction.
__________________
Bubbles is offline   Cayman Islands
0
Reply With Quote
      03-21-2012, 07:12 AM   #3
dawgdog
Colonel
 
dawgdog's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Porsche GT3RS
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Seattle, Wa.

Posts: 2,131
iTrader: (0)

Good news. I have one event on mine and haven't checked them yet.
__________________
AW on Fox Red Extended, Alum trim, ZPP, ZTP, DCT, 19" wheels, Heated front seats, HD radio, Sat radio, I-pod & usb, Premium sound, AP racing BBK, 18 Volk Racing TE 37s, Akrapovic Evolution exhaust, AST suspension
dawgdog is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-21-2012, 07:47 AM   #4
Gearhead999s
Major General
 
Gearhead999s's Avatar
 
Drives: E93 335is(wifes)E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto

Posts: 6,685
iTrader: (0)

You have confirmed what I have found with the various Pagid compounds.I also have ST 380/355 mm setup and have found that an RS14 front RS29 rear combo works best for myself.I am very happy with this setup.

How did you mamage to keep the yellow paint on the front pads?Mine is usually gone after my ist sessionThe paint holds up OK on the rear pads.
Gearhead999s is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-21-2012, 08:01 AM   #5
STALKER
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto, ON

Posts: 3,632
iTrader: (5)

Love my RS29s with my AP kit. Great pad, easy to modulate, zero fade, and mine like others are holding up well.

The pad material on mine have turned mostly white, which I believe is normal.
__________________

2008 AW/FR E90 M3-SOLD
2013 991 C4S
STALKER is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-21-2012, 08:20 AM   #6
HK8888
Captain
 
HK8888's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Boston, MA

Posts: 938
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 M3 Coupe  [5.00]
Looking good.
HK8888 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-21-2012, 08:22 AM   #7
GOLFFRR
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
GOLFFRR's Avatar
 
Drives: Golf Cart
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Solvang, CA/Camarillo, CA

Posts: 15,122
iTrader: (4)

Got to trust Richards reviews def someone who knows his stuff!
__________________

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL US FIRST WE CAN HOOK YOU UP!
Need a quote or assistance? GO HERE-->http://www.bimmerdavid.com/#!blank/c1r1e
Davids current ED Special M235/228--> http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1013211
GOLFFRR is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-21-2012, 12:49 PM   #8
Richard@M-World
 
Richard@M-World's Avatar
 
Drives: NASA TTA #92 M3
Join Date: May 2011
Location: TX/IL

Posts: 683
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
Great wear rates!


Richard, I'm putting those RS29 I got from you to good use this weekend.

Thanks again for the easy transaction.
Let us know how it goes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead999s View Post
You have confirmed what I have found with the various Pagid compounds.I also have ST 380/355 mm setup and have found that an RS14 front RS29 rear combo works best for myself.I am very happy with this setup.

How did you mamage to keep the yellow paint on the front pads?Mine is usually gone after my ist sessionThe paint holds up OK on the rear pads.
Haha maybe I am not driving hard enough
__________________
Authorized AiM Dealer - Solo/Solo DL | SmartyCam HD | www.m-world.us
Richard@M-World is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-21-2012, 12:58 PM   #9
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
THE TECH's Avatar
 
Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kansas

Posts: 13,036
iTrader: (42)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to THE TECH Send a message via Skype™ to THE TECH
Any reason you would or wouldn't suggest using the RS219 for a street only application?
__________________
THE TECH is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-21-2012, 06:30 PM   #10
Richard@M-World
 
Richard@M-World's Avatar
 
Drives: NASA TTA #92 M3
Join Date: May 2011
Location: TX/IL

Posts: 683
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
Any reason you would or wouldn't suggest using the RS219 for a street only application?
Noise. Otherwise it would be perfect.
__________________
Authorized AiM Dealer - Solo/Solo DL | SmartyCam HD | www.m-world.us
Richard@M-World is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-21-2012, 06:50 PM   #11
VictorH
Lieutenant
 
Drives: '09 M3
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: SC

Posts: 595
iTrader: (1)

They are very effective for the stock calipers too. I've used them the past two years and have been lucky enough to find minimally used pads from other former M3post members. They are quite pricey but the durability and performance is quite good. Perf Friction has a new 08 compound that they claim is very durable (their most durable pad material) but is not available for stock calipers yet.
VictorH is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-21-2012, 06:50 PM   #12
STALKER
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto, ON

Posts: 3,632
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard@M-World View Post
Noise. Otherwise it would be perfect.
I had zero noise with my RS29s. Im going to leave them in all track season I think this year.
__________________

2008 AW/FR E90 M3-SOLD
2013 991 C4S
STALKER is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-21-2012, 07:24 PM   #13
orion565
Second Lieutenant
 
orion565's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 e92 m3
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Downtown Houston

Posts: 205
iTrader: (2)

can't wait till those are on my car,
orion565 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-21-2012, 08:36 PM   #14
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
THE TECH's Avatar
 
Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kansas

Posts: 13,036
iTrader: (42)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to THE TECH Send a message via Skype™ to THE TECH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard@M-World View Post
Noise. Otherwise it would be perfect.
Is this noise limited to immediate use when cold or do they have to be at track temps constantly for the noise to stop?

Reason why I ask is that I already have a set (not installed yet) but if they are gonna be noisy all the time, then I want to get something else asap.
__________________
THE TECH is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-21-2012, 09:02 PM   #15
sawzall
Major
 
sawzall's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Porsche 911 C2S
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Toronto

Posts: 1,250
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
Is this noise limited to immediate use when cold or do they have to be at track temps constantly for the noise to stop?

Reason why I ask is that I already have a set (not installed yet) but if they are gonna be noisy all the time, then I want to get something else asap.
I ran RS19 on my OEM brakes, and absolutely loved them - absolutely no fade no matter how much braking I did. They were noisy as hell though, I actually had a dump truck driver pull up to me and tell me how noisy my brakes were. On the street, they were super noisy, and was never able to get them to quiet down. On the track, it would take a few hot laps before the squealing went down.

I'm putting RS29 on my Alcon BBK next week, and i'm hoping the noise goes down - it seems that most people with a BBK and the Pagids experience less noise.
sawzall is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-21-2012, 09:10 PM   #16
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
THE TECH's Avatar
 
Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kansas

Posts: 13,036
iTrader: (42)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to THE TECH Send a message via Skype™ to THE TECH
Quote:
Originally Posted by shizzle View Post
I ran RS19 on my OEM brakes, and absolutely loved them - absolutely no fade no matter how much braking I did. They were noisy as hell though, I actually had a dump truck driver pull up to me and tell me how noisy my brakes were. On the street, they were super noisy, and was never able to get them to quiet down. On the track, it would take a few hot laps before the squealing went down.

I'm putting RS29 on my Alcon BBK next week, and i'm hoping the noise goes down - it seems that most people with a BBK and the Pagids experience less noise.
The ones I have are the RS29, so if the RS19 are noisy, then these are sure to be noisy. Guess I need to get something else.
__________________
THE TECH is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-21-2012, 09:24 PM   #17
STALKER
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto, ON

Posts: 3,632
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
The ones I have are the RS29, so if the RS19 are noisy, then these are sure to be noisy. Guess I need to get something else.
As I mentioned before, I had zero noise with my RS29s and my AP BBK. I was very careful to get rid of the previous pad material, then bedded them in twice.
__________________

2008 AW/FR E90 M3-SOLD
2013 991 C4S
STALKER is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-21-2012, 09:34 PM   #18
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
THE TECH's Avatar
 
Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kansas

Posts: 13,036
iTrader: (42)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to THE TECH Send a message via Skype™ to THE TECH
Quote:
Originally Posted by STALKER View Post
As I mentioned before, I had zero noise with my RS29s and my AP BBK. I was very careful to get rid of the previous pad material, then bedded them in twice.
Even with daily driving? Hard to believe that the RS19 would make a ton of noise and these not be noisier.
__________________
THE TECH is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-21-2012, 09:42 PM   #19
STALKER
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto, ON

Posts: 3,632
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
Even with daily driving? Hard to believe that the RS19 would make a ton of noise and these not be noisier.
Yup, even for daily driving.
__________________

2008 AW/FR E90 M3-SOLD
2013 991 C4S
STALKER is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-21-2012, 09:48 PM   #20
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
THE TECH's Avatar
 
Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kansas

Posts: 13,036
iTrader: (42)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to THE TECH Send a message via Skype™ to THE TECH
Quote:
Originally Posted by STALKER View Post
Yup, even for daily driving.
Interesting.
__________________
THE TECH is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-22-2012, 12:41 AM   #21
kitw
Colonel
 
kitw's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 MW M3/2011 E90 M3
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bay Area, CA

Posts: 2,342
iTrader: (14)

I've found the yellows to last FOREVER at the expense of rotor life. Watch your rotors. On a BBK, it might not matter as much, but they chewed through my stock E46 M3 rotors like no tomorrow.
kitw is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-22-2012, 05:17 AM   #22
Bubbles
Green Bastard
 
Bubbles's Avatar
 
Drives: ZCP-Powered
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bishop Bend

Posts: 3,546
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
Is this noise limited to immediate use when cold or do they have to be at track temps constantly for the noise to stop?

Reason why I ask is that I already have a set (not installed yet) but if they are gonna be noisy all the time, then I want to get something else asap.
You get used to it. But if not tracking another pad would be a better option like Cool Carbon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitw View Post
I've found the yellows to last FOREVER at the expense of rotor life. Watch your rotors. On a BBK, it might not matter as much, but they chewed through my stock E46 M3 rotors like no tomorrow.
Really? I've experienced the opposite result and believe pagid yellows are very easy on oem rotors. I went throthree four sets of fronts pads on the same oem rotors ~18 track days. The E92 rotors (MY'11) are bullet proof.
__________________
Bubbles is offline   Cayman Islands
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:42 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST