BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....
 
Strasse Wheels
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-18-2012, 11:47 PM   #45
FVM3
Major General
FVM3's Avatar
115
Rep
5,739
Posts

 
Drives: e92 m3, f30 328i
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick3753 View Post
No it does not.
it gets the mct
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2012, 12:54 AM   #46
CPB
Second Lieutenant
CPB's Avatar
2
Rep
204
Posts

 
Drives: M6
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: East Coast

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekrul View Post
Ok. My race car driver friend.. I think we can both agree that the M3 is much more of a 'race car' than the C63. That was his point,.

OK, fair enough. Didn't mean to be so pedantic about it.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2012, 03:29 AM   #47
nick3753
Lieutenant
8
Rep
573
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 e92 M3 DCT ZCP
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Fresno,CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by christopherchenm
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick3753 View Post
No it does not.
it gets the mct
Correct, which is not a dual clutch unit. I don't know the specifics, something about a "wet pack" instead of torque converter. I'm sure someone else with more knowledge can elaborate.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2012, 03:58 AM   #48
annasu
Enlisted Member
annasu's Avatar
0
Rep
45
Posts

 
Drives: qwef
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: wegr

iTrader: (0)

The transmission updates are big news. It had Speedshift programming before, but now it's the MCT version — a multi-clutch setup with a wet startup clutch, so you don't have the slush (losses) of a torque converter. And since it has a manual mode, just no third pedal, it will perform as well (likely better) as a gearbox with a clutch pedal...I believe 100-ms shifts, far quicker than a human can change gears with a clutch pedal.
If only we could have the wagon in the US... but at least the power domes are back!
__________________
Connecting People.Powering the would.
turn signal led lights
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2012, 05:54 AM   #49
MMMMM3
First Lieutenant
MMMMM3's Avatar
Australia
3
Rep
336
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 Jerez Black e90 M3 DCT
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sydney, Australia

iTrader: (0)

This thread gave me an excuse to watch this again:



"The M3 did it in 2 minutes 38.9. How can you argue with that?"

Appreciate 0
      03-19-2012, 06:08 AM   #50
FVM3
Major General
FVM3's Avatar
115
Rep
5,739
Posts

 
Drives: e92 m3, f30 328i
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMMM3 View Post
This thread gave me an excuse to watch this again:



"The M3 did it in 2 minutes 38.9. How can you argue with that?"

All of us know that the m3 gets better track time
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2012, 12:46 PM   #51
Kickhard
New Member
Kickhard's Avatar
0
Rep
7
Posts

 
Drives: M3 Cabrio
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Huntsville Alabama

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekrul View Post
Those cabriolets are porkers! I love the GTR.. I think its an amazing machine and for the money, nothing touches it. The backseats are totally worthless, shocking as the car is fucking big. I also find it strange looking. Basically I want a car that is as subtly sexy as the e92m3 and as fast as the GTR for less than 100k. lol. I think the 370z with factory bodykit looks slick, I wish they'd slap a turbo on that thing and it'd be a slick car.
I totally agree with you on those points. Though I do think the GTR looks unique and good. And you are right the GTR is a HUGE car. Back seats are worth less but the trunk in that car is awesome. Two sets of golf clubs go in there with no problem. I also like the 370z but just slapping a turbo on it wont help that car. I have seen several people do that only to sell it and buy a GTR. Like I said earlier the combo of AWD-Dual Clutch Trans-Electronics-V6 TT and how it works together is what makes the GTR killer. I just wish the interior would mirror its now 100k price.
BTW back in 2009 when they arrived here in the states at the intro price of 70k plus freight and options it was the performance deal of the year which is why I bought back then. But now just 4-5 model years later it has jumped almost 30k in price to near 100k. I think that is the highest manufacturer price bump I have ever seen.
Another GTR tidbit: did you know the GTR has 6 drive shafts?
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2012, 01:38 PM   #52
FVM3
Major General
FVM3's Avatar
115
Rep
5,739
Posts

 
Drives: e92 m3, f30 328i
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (2)

Prices goes up due to currency
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2012, 11:38 PM   #53
HotIce
Banned
United_States
29
Rep
445
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 BMW M3
Join Date: May 2010
Location: I'm not telling some creeper where I live!

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YolkyPalky View Post
In before gthal delivers his rebuttal
Quote:
Originally Posted by GIdriver View Post
Weird he's not in here yet defending his car.
I think by now he's come to the conclusion that it is better to not waste his breathe because 3/4 of the people that posted in this thread are fanboys(and probably range from the ages of 16 to 21) and there is no use in trying to have a discussion with a fanboy. The 2012 C63 has made huge strides as the suspension has been tweaked and revised.

You can't go wrong with either one, really.

Last edited by HotIce; 03-19-2012 at 11:58 PM.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2012, 03:20 AM   #54
FVM3
Major General
FVM3's Avatar
115
Rep
5,739
Posts

 
Drives: e92 m3, f30 328i
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated ///M View Post
I think by now he's come to the conclusion that it is better to not waste his breathe because 3/4 of the people that posted in this thread are fanboys(and probably range from the ages of 16 to 21) and there is no use in trying to have a discussion with a fanboy. The 2012 C63 has made huge strides as the suspension has been tweaked and revised.

You can't go wrong with either one, really.
Cant agree more. How many of you guys have really test driven one of the c63 before you made the conclusion? Somesay C63 feels like a boat and i right away know thats a bs. Dont get me wrong, im not a hater of m3 but just wanna respect every competitor of m3. Not just say oh m3 is the best all day long....
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2012, 04:50 AM   #55
gthal
Brigadier General
gthal's Avatar
Canada
84
Rep
3,514
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 M4
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Canada

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2011 M3  [3.37]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated ///M View Post
I think by now he's come to the conclusion that it is better to not waste his breathe because 3/4 of the people that posted in this thread are fanboys(and probably range from the ages of 16 to 21) and there is no use in trying to have a discussion with a fanboy.
__________________
2015 M4 | Austin Yellow | Black Full Merino Leather | DCT
2014 Corvette Stingray | Z51 | Torch Red | 7MT - Sold
2012 MB C63 Coupe | Performance package | Obsidian Black - Sold
2011 E92 M3 | Jerez Black | Fox Red | DCT | Competition Package - Sold
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2012, 11:07 AM   #56
Rekrul
Captain
Rekrul's Avatar
20
Rep
799
Posts

 
Drives: Space Gray e92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Purgatory

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by christopherchenm View Post
Cant agree more. How many of you guys have really test driven one of the c63 before you made the conclusion? Somesay C63 feels like a boat and i right away know thats a bs. Dont get me wrong, im not a hater of m3 but just wanna respect every competitor of m3. Not just say oh m3 is the best all day long....
I mean this is all matter of opinion really. There is no RIGHT answer. Like I mentioned, the handling did surprise me given everyone rags on it but the M3 is superior in that regard. Just as the c63 is superior in comfort and torque.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2012, 11:38 AM   #57
YolkyPalky
Second Lieutenant
7
Rep
270
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 DCT ZCP SPACE GRAY
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: San Diego, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthal View Post
We knew you would eventually show up here, even if only in emoticons!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2012, 12:27 PM   #58
FVM3
Major General
FVM3's Avatar
115
Rep
5,739
Posts

 
Drives: e92 m3, f30 328i
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SehrSchnell View Post
I love how folks slam the C63's suspension... they probably never drove one on the track, and most likely they never drove on a track with any car.

The new C63 is actually tons of fun on the track... but what do I know.
Yeah, C63 suspension to me is even stiffer then the m3
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2012, 12:30 PM   #59
saeedg48
Brigadier General
Iran
133
Rep
3,499
Posts

 
Drives: 12 CLS63 + 14 M6 C
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Unknown

iTrader: (1)

your car is faster than a non-p31 package c63.
__________________


2008 M3 Sedan + TestPipes + Tune [sold]

2012 CLS63 AMG + P30 Performance Package
2014 M6 Coupe + AMS Downpipes + KW V3
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2012, 12:38 PM   #60
Nine
Banned
29
Rep
1,925
Posts

 
Drives: Not ZCP, FML.
Join Date: May 2010
Location: DC, Miami, NYC

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SehrSchnell View Post
I love how folks slam the C63's suspension... they probably never drove one on the track, and most likely they never drove on a track with any car.

The new C63 is actually tons of fun on the track... but what do I know.
Look, I don't have to make out with a dude to know I don't like it.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2012, 01:33 PM   #61
Rekrul
Captain
Rekrul's Avatar
20
Rep
799
Posts

 
Drives: Space Gray e92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Purgatory

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by saeedg48 View Post
your car is faster than a non-p31 package c63.
I want that CLS Though I wonder how the new M6 will stack up to it.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2012, 01:51 AM   #62
FVM3
Major General
FVM3's Avatar
115
Rep
5,739
Posts

 
Drives: e92 m3, f30 328i
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by saeedg48 View Post
your car is faster than a non-p31 package c63.
wow
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2012, 08:00 AM   #63
1911
Private First Class
1911's Avatar
4
Rep
162
Posts

 
Drives: 11 E92 M3 BLK ZCP/ 12 Rng Rvr
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Naples FL.

iTrader: (0)

Its a comparison between street legal, from the factory performance vehicles. Of course they are not thoroughbred race cars. Who would want to drive that to work everyday? thats why the key word in my statement was "modified," meaning altered or changed. Had the vehicle been developed as a race car and left the same, it would not be as appealing to drive everyday. The C63 just seemed as an afterthought type performance vehicle (not the best balance between luxury and performance, to much luxury feel). The M3 is a much better balance between luxury and performance (plenty of performance with just enough luxury to make you want to drive it everyday).
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2012, 12:51 PM   #64
gthal
Brigadier General
gthal's Avatar
Canada
84
Rep
3,514
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 M4
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Canada

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2011 M3  [3.37]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911 View Post
Its a comparison between street legal, from the factory performance vehicles. Of course they are not thoroughbred race cars. Who would want to drive that to work everyday? thats why the key word in my statement was "modified," meaning altered or changed. Had the vehicle been developed as a race car and left the same, it would not be as appealing to drive everyday. The C63 just seemed as an afterthought type performance vehicle (not the best balance between luxury and performance, to much luxury feel). The M3 is a much better balance between luxury and performance (plenty of performance with just enough luxury to make you want to drive it everyday).
The C63 is louder. The C63 has a firmer ride. Other than a nice looking interior, I would say the C63 is LESS luxury.

IMO the M3 is actually the more comfortable car to drive day to day. The C63 isn't uncomfortable by any means but the M3 is better. One thing the M3 does really well (among others) is that it can go from being very docile to a screamer... the C63 is more intense all of the time which isn't necessarily always a good thing. It's great when you want to play a bit and have fun but not as good for the days you just want to relax and cruise home.

I'm curious why you would say the C63 is more luxurious other than that would be the reputation that MB would have as a company?

P.S. I am now only ever going to post when I can put down the C63... otherwise, I'm staying quiet
__________________
2015 M4 | Austin Yellow | Black Full Merino Leather | DCT
2014 Corvette Stingray | Z51 | Torch Red | 7MT - Sold
2012 MB C63 Coupe | Performance package | Obsidian Black - Sold
2011 E92 M3 | Jerez Black | Fox Red | DCT | Competition Package - Sold
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2012, 11:48 PM   #65
exfyvem
Private
exfyvem's Avatar
4
Rep
87
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 X5M
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: 310

iTrader: (0)

as far as driving goes, nothing beats M (thats why i have an X5M), and i would agree the M3 is a much better car in every aspect except the interior. However, i would take a C63 over an M3 10/10 times, but thats just me.
__________________
2012 X5M, 2012 Panamera Turbo, 2011 Maserati Granturismo S (sold), 2006 Range Rover HSE
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2012, 09:07 PM   #66
1911
Private First Class
1911's Avatar
4
Rep
162
Posts

 
Drives: 11 E92 M3 BLK ZCP/ 12 Rng Rvr
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Naples FL.

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthal View Post
The C63 is louder. The C63 has a firmer ride. Other than a nice looking interior, I would say the C63 is LESS luxury.

IMO the M3 is actually the more comfortable car to drive day to day. The C63 isn't uncomfortable by any means but the M3 is better. One thing the M3 does really well (among others) is that it can go from being very docile to a screamer... the C63 is more intense all of the time which isn't necessarily always a good thing. It's great when you want to play a bit and have fun but not as good for the days you just want to relax and cruise home.

I'm curious why you would say the C63 is more luxurious other than that would be the reputation that MB would have as a company?

P.S. I am now only ever going to post when I can put down the C63... otherwise, I'm staying quiet
It is not more luxurious, just more luxury feel getting in the way when trying to track the car. To be more specific, it doesn't marriage the cars handling with power. Hence the reason I stated that it seemed like an afterthought. IMO
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:18 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST