BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)
 
Strasse Wheels
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-07-2007, 01:47 AM   #1
terryb
New Member
 
Drives: soon to be E92 M3
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Portsmouth, UK

Posts: 13
iTrader: (0)

I still want one !!!

Well I can definately say that after what I've read recently in the press reports, I'm still excited about taking delivery of my E92 M3.

It sounds like it will make one of the very best practical road cars out there
terryb is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-07-2007, 06:05 AM   #2
Tobizach
Female Car Enthusiast
 
Tobizach's Avatar
 
Drives: By the seat of her pants.
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: SouthWest

Posts: 353
iTrader: (0)

Count me in as well, these pre release drives sounds like the 997 gt3 pre release, alot of media and forum moaners where saying how it got " soft,practical and lost its edge" TC/pasm/sunroof etc..

Like how many owners will truly have the ability to drive the car at its limits anyway? And not too much people track their cars stock. So unless the car is a complete TOTAL failure I dont see a problem.

I dont magazine or stats race. Im a seat of the pants sorta gal
Tobizach is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-07-2007, 07:40 AM   #3
RandyB
Lieutenant Colonel
 
RandyB's Avatar
 
Drives: '03 330i, '09 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Texas

Posts: 1,504
iTrader: (0)

I'm in! The only review that really counts is your own. I have a feeling I won't be disappointed!
RandyB is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-07-2007, 01:11 PM   #4
The CSL
For the love of ///M3
 
The CSL's Avatar
 
Drives: Peugeot 306 XSI 16v
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Plymouth, UK

Posts: 660
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobizach View Post
Like how many owners will truly have the ability to drive the car at its limits anyway? And not too much people track their cars stock. So unless the car is a complete TOTAL failure I dont see a problem.

Outside of the US, there's probably plenty of traditional M3 buyers who have opportunities to get it near its limits and they buy it because it's an M product and not just a very capable car that happens to have an M-badge.
__________________
The CSL is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      07-07-2007, 01:20 PM   #5
monsta
Brigadier General
 
monsta's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bergen County, NJ/Y.O, NY

Posts: 3,591
iTrader: (2)

I'm no sell out....I'm in
__________________

'08 E92 M3 6MT | IB | FR | RAC RG63's | VRS Ti Exhaust | Fabspeed HFC & Xpipe
'09 X5 35d SG/SB
'11 X3 28i AW/CN/FW (wife's car
monsta is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-07-2007, 06:00 PM   #6
Tobizach
Female Car Enthusiast
 
Tobizach's Avatar
 
Drives: By the seat of her pants.
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: SouthWest

Posts: 353
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The CSL View Post
Outside of the US, there's probably plenty of traditional M3 buyers who have opportunities to get it near its limits and they buy it because it's an M product and not just a very capable car that happens to have an M-badge.

I thought it went without saying... Did I write or mean opportunities? (we have tracks and track our cars here as well ya know ) No.. I wrote and meant ABILITY

And it was in regards to the majority not minority of M buyers.
Tobizach is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-07-2007, 06:11 PM   #7
JEllis
Brigadier General
 
JEllis's Avatar
 
Drives: E36 M3, E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: SD CA/Yuma

Posts: 4,680
iTrader: (4)

Yep, a lot of the negative press (its really not that negative) sounds like the pre-release GT3 reviews and that car is great....so whatever

Jason
__________________
http://www.m3post.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic14547_7.gif
JEllis is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-08-2007, 05:21 AM   #8
The CSL
For the love of ///M3
 
The CSL's Avatar
 
Drives: Peugeot 306 XSI 16v
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Plymouth, UK

Posts: 660
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobizach View Post
I thought it went without saying... Did I write or mean opportunities? (we have tracks and track our cars here as well ya know ) No.. I wrote and meant ABILITY

And it was in regards to the majority not minority of M buyers.

I wasn't talking about tracking the car, I was talking about quiet mountain roads and the like, which of course, America has, but the impression I get is that the traffic police are far more obtrusive than here in the UK, at least.

It wasn't an anti-American rant, it was just a reflection that the balance of M-fans and badge-buyers is probably different in the US and Europe.
__________________
The CSL is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      07-08-2007, 06:52 AM   #9
RussianM3_dude
Private First Class
 
Drives: B7 Audi RS4
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Switzerland

Posts: 172
iTrader: (0)

The problem is not gaining amenities like the GT3, but with loosing focus and becoming an everyday GT. This is the same confusing mix of priorities as the RS4. Some extreme bits (Gallardo brakes, 100hp/liter V8) and some GT bits like too much weight, "soft" steering and understeer.
BMW should just decide what it wants, sports car or a cruiser.
RussianM3_dude is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-08-2007, 07:41 AM   #10
Romo
Captain
 
Romo's Avatar
 
Drives: 1M, HP4 Comp, Cayman GTS
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: The Netherlands

Posts: 936
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianM3_dude View Post
The problem is not gaining amenities like the GT3, but with loosing focus and becoming an everyday GT. This is the same confusing mix of priorities as the RS4. Some extreme bits (Gallardo brakes, 100hp/liter V8) and some GT bits like too much weight, "soft" steering and understeer.
BMW should just decide what it wants, sports car or a cruiser.
Previous ///M cars where never ulimate sportscars, always best off two worlds, the best compromise between sportcars like drive and daily drivabilaty.
I think the problem is that the non ///M BMW`s are momentarily just that good that the difference between ///M and "ordinary" BMW`s is fading.
Furthermore it is verry difficult IMO to make a car that is as good as an E46 M3, substantialy better, it is all about evolution, not revolution.
Romo is offline   Netherlands
0
Reply With Quote
      07-08-2007, 10:30 AM   #11
The CSL
For the love of ///M3
 
The CSL's Avatar
 
Drives: Peugeot 306 XSI 16v
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Plymouth, UK

Posts: 660
iTrader: (0)

Sharper steering is not a consequence of evolution, it is a marketing choice and they chose to tone it down further to garner more sales to more people.
__________________
The CSL is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      07-08-2007, 10:47 AM   #12
Romo
Captain
 
Romo's Avatar
 
Drives: 1M, HP4 Comp, Cayman GTS
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: The Netherlands

Posts: 936
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The CSL View Post
Sharper steering is not a consequence of evolution, it is a marketing choice and they chose to tone it down further to garner more sales to more people.
What I heard about the steering problems; It could be a possible tyre problem, they are allready working on it.

Maybe Steved has an opinion about this?
Romo is offline   Netherlands
0
Reply With Quote
      07-08-2007, 12:47 PM   #13
The CSL
For the love of ///M3
 
The CSL's Avatar
 
Drives: Peugeot 306 XSI 16v
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Plymouth, UK

Posts: 660
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romo View Post
What I heard about the steering problems; It could be a possible tyre problem, they are allready working on it.

Maybe Steved has an opinion about this?
Let's hope so, because from my point of view, I don't want the M to be too soft, but I'd rather accept it may have and anything better is a bonus.
__________________
The CSL is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:06 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST