BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews
 
Stick to Clutch
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-04-2012, 09:09 PM   #1
hk328
Private First Class
 
Drives: Z4, X3
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Seattle

Posts: 105
iTrader: (0)

My ED Purchase Order submitted (and a question)

Hi Guys,

Today I finally submitted my ED purchase order My delivery date is set to 4/13 and I will be on the road for about 3 weeks. I will surely update my progress for those who are interested in following my route

My itinerary is
1) Munich
2) Rothenberg
3) Heidelberg
4) Colmar/Alsace/Black forest
5) Lake Constance
6) Salzburg
7) Various places in Slovenia (family)
8) Back to Munich

I will try to upload as may pics as I can.

Now for the question: I had qualified for the year end program which ended on 1/3. I had picked the date based on 90 day window, but my CA tells me that VIN is only available ~10 days before the delivery date, which makes the 90 day window either very tight or out of bound for actual purchase/payment. Does any of you have know if 10 days is about right? Is it 10 business days or calendar days?

Thanks!
hk328 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-05-2012, 01:28 AM   #2
AM150
3rd wait as she's in storage for the winter
 
AM150's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Posts: 266
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Is your Delivery date confirmed? I ordered around this time last year and got lucky with getting a late May delivery date.

I believe you get a VIN when the car enters production. For what it's worth I got my VIN on May 4th and had a May 21st delivery.
__________________
2011 E92 M3, 2008 Evo X MR, 2008 S2000 CR
AM150 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-05-2012, 04:00 AM   #3
hk328
Private First Class
 
Drives: Z4, X3
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Seattle

Posts: 105
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-moss View Post
Is your Delivery date confirmed? I ordered around this time last year and got lucky with getting a late May delivery date.

I believe you get a VIN when the car enters production. For what it's worth I got my VIN on May 4th and had a May 21st delivery.
That sounds like 10 business days.

I picked the date myself. I planned last around Dec and I wanted to take advantage of the year end program, which gave me 90 day window to purchase the car.

Thanks!
hk328 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-06-2012, 03:19 PM   #4
rslavujevic
Private First Class
 
Drives: '13 E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Miami

Posts: 151
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk328 View Post
Hi Guys,

Today I finally submitted my ED purchase order My delivery date is set to 4/13 and I will be on the road for about 3 weeks. I will surely update my progress for those who are interested in following my route

My itinerary is
1) Munich
2) Rothenberg
3) Heidelberg
4) Colmar/Alsace/Black forest
5) Lake Constance
6) Salzburg
7) Various places in Slovenia (family)
8) Back to Munich

I will try to upload as may pics as I can.

Now for the question: I had qualified for the year end program which ended on 1/3. I had picked the date based on 90 day window, but my CA tells me that VIN is only available ~10 days before the delivery date, which makes the 90 day window either very tight or out of bound for actual purchase/payment. Does any of you have know if 10 days is about right? Is it 10 business days or calendar days?

Thanks!
Congrats,

I'll be doing same thing later in the summer. My destination during ED will be probably very close to yours since I'm from north coast of Croatia, cant wait.
Have fun!!!
rslavujevic is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-07-2012, 03:13 AM   #5
hk328
Private First Class
 
Drives: Z4, X3
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Seattle

Posts: 105
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rslavujevic View Post
Congrats,

I'll be doing same thing later in the summer. My destination during ED will be probably very close to yours since I'm from north coast of Croatia, cant wait.
Have fun!!!
Thanks! Can't wait
hk328 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:17 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST