BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

European Auto Source

02-27-2012, 05:01 PM   #23
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The1 View Post
I see a handgun as something that is justifiable, but not so much a riffle. And to walk around a house with a loaded one. Just that much more silly to me.

But again, I guess gun culture is lost on me.
I have a couple of rifles. I use them to hunt. Pretty much necessary if you plan on hunting any type of dangerous game (bear, cougar, etc.) I have been to Canada for a black bear trip before. Haven't been lucky personally, but my friends were. If you're hunting something that can kill you, you had best be using a high powered rifle. The last thing you want to do is simply graze/injure a brown bear or something...

Handguns are good for personal/home defense in the hands of a capable owner. A rifle can serve this purpose too, but it really depends on the type/build of rifle.
      02-27-2012, 05:02 PM   #24
The1
Major General
Canada
Rep

Drives: white 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaveQuick View Post
I know how you feel. Kinda like listening to anything from Justin bieber for me.
How so? Cause you feel like you're shooting yourself in the stomach when you listen to him???

P.S. I was forced to see him live as he performed outside of a store I used to work it. I thought it would be funny to call security to cause trouble and get people out of the doorways of the store who were watching.

He grew up just outside of my home town, so when he was starting to make a name for himself he played all the local malls... Dark days...
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2012, 05:05 PM   #25
The1
Major General
Canada
Rep

Drives: white 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
I have a couple of rifles. I use them to hunt. Pretty much necessary if you plan on hunting any type of dangerous game (bear, cougar, etc.) I have been to Canada for a black bear trip before. Haven't been lucky personally, but my friends were. If you're hunting something that can kill you, you had best be using a high powered rifle. The last thing you want to do is simply graze/injure a brown bear or something...

Handguns are good for personal/home defense in the hands of a capable owner. A rifle can serve this purpose too, but it really depends on the type/build of rifle.
I fully appreciate this, but do you walk around your house with it loaded? Or do you even bring it in your house? or do you put it in a lock up immediatly as soon as you get home.

It sounds like this guy was wandering around hunting for his cat, not out in the wild hunting. And the cat won, even though he had a riffle.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2012, 08:16 PM   #26
ybbiz34
Rep

Drives: 2013 C63 AMG Sedan

Quote:
I fully appreciate this, but do you walk around your house with it loaded? Or do you even bring it in your house? or do you put it in a lock up immediatly as soon as you get home.

It sounds like this guy was wandering around hunting for his cat, not out in the wild hunting. And the cat won, even though he had a riffle.
Sir, the man in the video is most likely just a dumbass. Alternatively, he could be a good guy who just had an unlucky/bad day.

Unfortunately, there are dumbasses who drive around in 3,000 pound missiles on the roadway everyday at 80mph whilst eating a cheeseburger and texting. These are the people that scare me the most. Every day on my way home I observe a near-accident/someone swerving all over the damn road because they are not paying attention/are just not well-trained drivers. The fact is, cars are deadlier than guns. And cars and guns are not deadly themselves, the people behind the wheel/trigger are the culprits.

If you know how to properly observe all the rules of gun safety: 1) Treat the gun as if it is ALWAYS loaded; 2) Never put your finger in the trigger guard until you are ready to fire; and 3) Never point the gun at anything you are not willing to destroy - you should be just fine.

An empty gun in the home for self defense is about as useless as a poopy-flavored lollipop. That said, loaded guns should be kept in a safe manner (locked up where children can't get anywhere close to them OR on your person in a holster).

Hope some of this makes sense from the perspective a staunch 2nd Amendment supporter. Even if it does make sense, and you simply do not agree, then you are certainly entitled to your opinion! Have a nice day.
      02-28-2012, 08:55 AM   #27
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:

Oh yea, I agree the guy was an idiot

After I use mine, I clean them in the house and put them in the gun safe in my closet
      02-29-2012, 07:44 PM   #28
O-cha
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: Mcoupe

Send a message via AIM to O-cha
Not sure if he pulled the trigger or what, I don't think the M1 has any kind of drop safety.

At first I thought it said he shot himself WHILE cleaning it, and I was thinking that's the dumbest person ever.

To those calling the guy an idiot for walking around with a loaded firearm, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. An unloaded firearm is pretty useless for self defense. Can't exactly holster an M1.