BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

PYSPEED

02-25-2012, 06:49 PM   #1
jsyang15
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 2009 Nissan GT-R

Vorsteiner Titanium Exhaust + Mastermind X Pipe Video + Dyno Numbers

it's been a long while since I updated in this wonderful community.

I initially parted out the car thinking I would be going a different route but fate pulled me back hard into the M community so the modifications had to start again ASAP

This time, I am rebuilding my 2011 M3 as code name "Version 3.0"

Fortunately for me, I never parted out the engine modifcations done by the car c/o the crew @ EAS

Currently on the car: Macht Schnell Stage II Intake, Drop In Filter, Scoops, Pulleys, Mastermind X Pipe (cat deletes w/ secondary resonators), Akrapovic Delete-R and newly added, Vorsteiner Titanium Exhaust

Subjective Opinions: I was coming off the a classic combination w/ the Eisenmann Race + Challenge Street Pipe. That was probably one of the best sounding combinations I got to enjoy on the car and at the time, I was just looking for the bling street ride being dumped on 20" LM's + Throaty Eisenmann. Although this could sound sacrilegious, the combination gave a grunt, throaty AMG like sound which I loved a lot but my female roomate aka gf wasn't too thrilled about the drone and garage rumbling when I am leaving and coming home from work. I live in a VERY conservative Irvine neighborhood and those who are familiar with Irvine, CA know the stigma of the community. The price to pay for the safest city in the Nation

Anyhow, after exploring a couple of options, I stumbled upon the Vorsteiner Titanium Exhaust as an option. Their website claimed HP, minimal to no drone and distinct Titanium Sound. I was intrigued and hell, I already tried a good 40-60% of the aftermarket exhaust options out there so I pulled the trigger on one through David @ EAS. Delivery was super fast since 1 was in stock so install was instant. I was still adamant on keeping the Mastermind X pipe since it gave me solid gains where I wanted to gain the most, the TQ department.

After 2 weeks of ownership, here are the initial thoughts. GF/ wifey approved, no drone and this is from someone with a cat delete x pipe. Secondary, the hollow titanium sound is there which give my car an exotic tone that was lacking from my domestic V8 eisenmann sound. and last, power gains were very consistent. The peak HP gain on the akrapovic is still there but what I was really ecstatic about was the TQ gains from the Vorsteiner Titanium Exhaust. I achieved consistent power, more TQ and a more civil volume all in 1!

Sorry for the long write up but I felt I owed the m3post community an honest review and write up so people won't waste as much money as me on trial and error process of modding

These are previous numbers from my previous Mastermind X Pipe write up:

Dyno Numbers Post Install

Video Clips of Mastermind X Pipe + Vorsteiner Titanium Exhaust

Last edited by jsyang15; 02-25-2012 at 07:00 PM.
jsyang15 is offline   United_States
      02-25-2012, 09:34 PM   #2
E90///M3`
Major General

Drives: 2008 E90M3

Garage List
2008 BMW E90 M3  [3.80]
very nice! looks like you lost a little bit of power but gained torque. fair trade if you as me haha...

looks like i may have to switch out to the resonated version... i got the gains and power i was hoping for... now i'm just trying to keep it a little more civil but keep most of the power.
:Videos: EnvyRidesTV, GPR 1, GPR 2, GPR 3, ///MFEST
E90///M3` is offline   Philippines
      02-25-2012, 09:45 PM   #3
pbonsalb
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 08 E90 M3, 99 E36 M3 Turbo

I guess titanium is good for weight savings, if nothing else. Obviously exhaust is much more subjective and sound is often the biggest factor in people's decisions.
      02-25-2012, 10:06 PM   #4
jsyang15
Lieutenant Colonel

30 something lbs savings of weight off oem exhaust is always a plus! Sound being civil with gains, even bigger plus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
I guess titanium is good for weight savings, if nothing else. Obviously exhaust is much more subjective and sound is often the biggest factor in people's decisions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90///M3` View Post
very nice! looks like you lost a little bit of power but gained torque. fair trade if you as me haha...

looks like i may have to switch out to the resonated version... i got the gains and power i was hoping for... now i'm just trying to keep it a little more civil but keep most of the power.
      02-25-2012, 11:26 PM   #5
flipm3
E46 + E90

Drives: E46 M3 + E90 M3

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
Thanks for sharing again!

So it's runs 39-42 that were with the Vorstiener?

I would love to see a zoomed out version of the graph to see the shapes of the graph.

The information you provide is very helpful for many of us in the constant exhaust hunt! Thanks!
      02-26-2012, 12:39 AM   #6
jsyang15
Lieutenant Colonel

correct, 39-42

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipm3 View Post
Thanks for sharing again!

So it's runs 39-42 that were with the Vorstiener?

I would love to see a zoomed out version of the graph to see the shapes of the graph.

The information you provide is very helpful for many of us in the constant exhaust hunt! Thanks!
      02-27-2012, 01:35 PM   #7
mpbruin108
Mpbruin108

Drives: I'm a hypermiler

I'm going today on running the mastermind x pipe. So you really like the mastermind huh. I'm looking forward to seeing how it goes.

2013 Tesla Model S, 2010 RR Phantom, 2014 S550, 2014 BMW X5, 2015 Cayenne S platinum edition
      02-27-2012, 06:00 PM   #8
E90///M3`
Major General

Drives: 2008 E90M3

Garage List
2008 BMW E90 M3  [3.80]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpbruin108 View Post
I'm going today on running the mastermind x pipe. So you really like the mastermind huh. I'm looking forward to seeing how it goes.
i hope you like it... mine has been great thus far!
:Videos: EnvyRidesTV, GPR 1, GPR 2, GPR 3, ///MFEST
E90///M3` is offline   Philippines