BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge
 
Lux Angel Eyes
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-15-2012, 11:21 PM   #221
Brain
Banned
1
Rep
100
Posts

 
Drives: broken
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: IL

iTrader: (0)

Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 08:38 AM   #222
import36
Burrito bowl connoisseur
import36's Avatar
United_States
44
Rep
3,438
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335i MT, E46 M3 SMG
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Seven Cities

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i Coupe  [4.50]
2005 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain View Post


i honestly can't say i have a team...i just enjoy watching the great players in general. the Lin story is awesome...and yes, the fact that he's asian makes it an even bigger story. i don't think anyone can deny that(i'm half asian). but i'll be watching him play any chance i get. just hoping Melo doesn't fcuk up the "team dynamic" they have going right now.
__________________
Mods: Procede Rev3 9-10|AE Catless Dual Exhaust|AR Design Catless DPs|AMS FMIC|Stett Charge Pipe w/Tial BOV|Stett CAI|BMS OCC|BMS CDV|Volk TE37 SLs|KW V2 Coilovers|Cusco OS Strut Brace|Macht Schnell Stud Conversion|Work RS-R Lugnuts|Gloss Black Roof|Matte Black Kidney Grills|UED Lower Bumper Grills|OEM Aero Lip and Painted Reflectors|M3 Sideskirts| VRS Decklid Aero Spoiler|Gloss Black Roof|M Peformance Alcantara Steering Wheel(blue)|OSS V2.0 LED Angel Eyes|8000k HID Fog Lights|8000k MTEC Xenons
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 12:09 PM   #223
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
NYCGP's Avatar
55
Rep
1,578
Posts

 
Drives: Bandwagon
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Jungle

iTrader: (0)

To the people that like to complain about Lin's turnover rate... He will settle down.. Or maybe not.. but no one is complaining about Westbrook..

Russel Westbrook and Jeremy Lin's stats in the last 7/8 games..


Great interview with Jeremy Lin by Boomer and Carton..

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/?podcast...g=&dcid=CBS.NY
Attached Images
  
__________________
"It is better to be hated for what you are than loved for what you are not."
-André Gide

Last edited by NYCGP; 02-16-2012 at 04:55 PM.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 08:07 PM   #224
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
NYCGP's Avatar
55
Rep
1,578
Posts

 
Drives: Bandwagon
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Jungle

iTrader: (0)

JR Smith to the Knicks..
__________________
"It is better to be hated for what you are than loved for what you are not."
-André Gide
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2012, 09:16 AM   #225
thatsagoodpoint
Private
thatsagoodpoint's Avatar
0
Rep
73
Posts

 
Drives: E90 3
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

JR Smith to the Knicks..
=======

Not official yet but imminent. Regardless..I loved the move.
__________________
Hopefully 340i xDrive
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2012, 05:55 PM   #226
justinnum1
Brigadier General
61
Rep
4,007
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 335i Msport
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGP View Post
To the people that like to complain about Lin's turnover rate... He will settle down.. Or maybe not.. but no one is complaining about Westbrook..

Russel Westbrook and Jeremy Lin's stats in the last 7/8 games..


Great interview with Jeremy Lin by Boomer and Carton..

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/?podcast...g=&dcid=CBS.NY
Rusell westbrook has proven he can put up #'s for a whole season and also agasint elite competition.

I have yet to see the knicks beat a contender with lin.
__________________
F30 335i Msport Estoril Blue/Black leather sport auto. black grills, Performance Exhaust, HK,
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2012, 05:57 PM   #227
justinnum1
Brigadier General
61
Rep
4,007
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 335i Msport
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (0)

Not sure smith helps the knicks, he's a chucker, and he's fucking crazy. dantoni better be able to control egos, cause between melo amare and smith there are some huge egos on that team
__________________
F30 335i Msport Estoril Blue/Black leather sport auto. black grills, Performance Exhaust, HK,
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2012, 08:43 PM   #228
ChineseGuy
QuickShifter
ChineseGuy's Avatar
34
Rep
1,500
Posts

 
Drives: Black E90
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: North Pole

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
Rusell westbrook has proven he can put up #'s for a whole season and also agasint elite competition.

I have yet to see the knicks beat a contender with lin.
Jeremy Lin just started as a starter, it'll will be hard to get him prove anything to you, unless you can speed up time.

Jeremy lin went up against Deron Williams, and did a pretty good job. D Will is not an elite pg in my book, but still pretty impressive for Jlin, no?

Even if Knicks lose to teams like Bulls or Heats...it doesn't mean Jlin isn't a good pg, it might mean the team itself is not good enough yet, but can't say Jlin isn't at a certain level. Way too many factors that can contribute to Knicks losing. (D'antoni's coaching style, poor defensive minds, team chemistry with amare or melo coming back, fatigue, etc)

Just watch Jeremy Lin play, he's pretty smart at the tasks he's given. You don't even need to focus on his stats.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2012, 09:18 PM   #229
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
NYCGP's Avatar
55
Rep
1,578
Posts

 
Drives: Bandwagon
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Jungle

iTrader: (0)

heat will not win a title... God won't let it happen... Why might you ask?

Eddie Curry....that's why
__________________
"It is better to be hated for what you are than loved for what you are not."
-André Gide

Last edited by NYCGP; 02-18-2012 at 12:12 AM.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2012, 09:20 PM   #230
Sean@PYSpeed.com
Sean@PYSpeed.com's Avatar
United_States
145
Rep
8,956
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 AW E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (22)

Send a message via AIM to Sean@PYSpeed.com
J. Lin! We are rooting for him in the office right now!
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2012, 09:55 PM   #231
JohnSprm69
Lieutenant Colonel
33
Rep
1,977
Posts

 
Drives: AW e92
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Miami, FL

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGP View Post
heat will not win a title... God won't let it happen... Why might you ask?

Eddie Curry....that's why?

........... STFU



goooo heat!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2012, 12:48 AM   #232
ska///235i
***** noob
ska///235i's Avatar
United_States
194
Rep
9,212
Posts

 
Drives: M235i
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Boston

iTrader: (32)

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
why I'm jumping on the JLin bandwagon?

he....

is Asian
from Harvard...who graduates from Harvard in the NBA?
unThug like
play like a true point guard
was a bench warmer
did a 360 move against the lakers lol

The Asian thing is huge for the Asian folks, Yao Ming was huge but he was never an exciting player to watch.
J Lin will get you jumping off your chair
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2012, 02:30 AM   #233
Inspired
Colonel
Inspired's Avatar
40
Rep
2,254
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: California

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsagoodpoint View Post
JR Smith to the Knicks..
=======

Not official yet but imminent. Regardless..I loved the move.
They will have no excuse to be below or near .500 if they add JR Smith to their roster.

Carmelo, Chandler, Amare, Lin, Smith
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2012, 09:00 PM   #234
justinnum1
Brigadier General
61
Rep
4,007
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 335i Msport
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChineseGuy View Post
Jeremy Lin just started as a starter, it'll will be hard to get him prove anything to you, unless you can speed up time.

Jeremy lin went up against Deron Williams, and did a pretty good job. D Will is not an elite pg in my book, but still pretty impressive for Jlin, no?

Even if Knicks lose to teams like Bulls or Heats...it doesn't mean Jlin isn't a good pg, it might mean the team itself is not good enough yet, but can't say Jlin isn't at a certain level. Way too many factors that can contribute to Knicks losing. (D'antoni's coaching style, poor defensive minds, team chemistry with amare or melo coming back, fatigue, etc)

Just watch Jeremy Lin play, he's pretty smart at the tasks he's given. You don't even need to focus on his stats.
I have, he set the record for most turnovers through 8 starts...everyone of those turnovers is an easy 2 for the heat
__________________
F30 335i Msport Estoril Blue/Black leather sport auto. black grills, Performance Exhaust, HK,
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2012, 09:06 PM   #235
Simon_135i
Collecting dust!
Simon_135i's Avatar
29
Rep
2,002
Posts

 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2008 E82/135i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to Simon_135i Send a message via MSN to Simon_135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
I have, he set the record for most turnovers through 8 starts...everyone of those turnovers is an easy 2 for the heat
Ouch.... 6-1 though, can't argue against that for someone who wasn't drafted. I don't even like NY but that team was playing like crap. Sort of reminded me of LBj with the Cavs, when he had Nobody except for Varajeo.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2012, 09:14 PM   #236
justinnum1
Brigadier General
61
Rep
4,007
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 335i Msport
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon_135i View Post
Ouch.... 6-1 though, can't argue against that for someone who wasn't drafted. I don't even like NY but that team was playing like crap. Sort of reminded me of LBj with the Cavs, when he had Nobody except for Varajeo.
But look who the beat, all shitty teams. the one decent team they beat was LA on there second night of back to back, and derrick fisher is there pg...next 6 of 8 for knicks are agasint pretty good teams. We should get a better idea how they are. But the sample size is to small right now.

ESPN and the media has done this before where they way overhype someone and set expectations unreasonably high
__________________
F30 335i Msport Estoril Blue/Black leather sport auto. black grills, Performance Exhaust, HK,
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2012, 09:21 PM   #237
Simon_135i
Collecting dust!
Simon_135i's Avatar
29
Rep
2,002
Posts

 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2008 E82/135i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to Simon_135i Send a message via MSN to Simon_135i
Good point but again, he didn't pick their opponent and he just took care of business. Small sample size true, but truth is Knicks had a pretty sorry squad too in those 6 games. I think what I am focusing on is the lack of talent on this team (minus melo and stat) and so credit there on going 6-0.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2012, 09:41 PM   #238
JohnSprm69
Lieutenant Colonel
33
Rep
1,977
Posts

 
Drives: AW e92
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Miami, FL

iTrader: (4)

you all need to drop it with this jlin guy already.....

.... the guy is good, as a matter of fact, i think he is really good as for what he's shown up until now. will he take the knicks to the next level (past first round of playoffs)? most likely not, they're scraping on last place(8) in the east with the bucks trailing them by one game behind only. we will see what happens now that they have the mavs, hawks and heat in a 4 day strecth.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2012, 09:41 PM   #239
justinnum1
Brigadier General
61
Rep
4,007
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 335i Msport
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon_135i View Post
Good point but again, he didn't pick their opponent and he just took care of business. Small sample size true, but truth is Knicks had a pretty sorry squad too in those 6 games. I think what I am focusing on is the lack of talent on this team (minus melo and stat) and so credit there on going 6-0.
But the knicks played beter without there 2 stars. There defense was much better without melo and amare and there offense was much more fluid. it should be interesting to see how they are when everyone is playing. I think there recent success has been addition by subtraction. They are playing more team ball(melo is a major blackhole/ball stopper) and the knics benchplayers(even tho they suck) are better at D then melo and amare are.
__________________
F30 335i Msport Estoril Blue/Black leather sport auto. black grills, Performance Exhaust, HK,
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2012, 11:34 PM   #240
fokus45
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
43
Posts

 
Drives: little blue dune buggy
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: WY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturbo335 View Post
They will have no excuse to be below or near .500 if they add JR Smith to their roster.

Carmelo, Chandler, Amare, Lin, Smith
Have fun with Smith. Being a Denver fan, I have seen a lot of him. He has his good nights but is way too hit and miss. Plus he is a cry baby when he doesn't get the minutes he wants. That is why he was never a starter even after the Melo trade. He is a pretty mediocre player who thinks he is the superstar.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2012, 01:09 PM   #241
E90SoFlo
Banned
53
Rep
2,675
Posts

 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Naples, FL

iTrader: (9)

watching lin, not as impressed as they make it seem.. going to keep watching.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2012, 01:42 PM   #242
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
NYCGP's Avatar
55
Rep
1,578
Posts

 
Drives: Bandwagon
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Jungle

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SoFlo View Post
watching lin, not as impressed as they make it seem.. going to keep watching.
lol.. you would make a comment like that after watching a player for 4 total playing minutes..

EDIT: 22 Pts 10 Assist in the first 3 Qtrs... yeah, he sucks..

Final EDIT: 28 Pts 14 Assist 5 Steals 4 Rebounds 7 TOs... Yeah, he's the worst.. All hype for sure...
__________________
"It is better to be hated for what you are than loved for what you are not."
-André Gide

Last edited by NYCGP; 02-19-2012 at 04:12 PM.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
asians can drive, heat fans = giant tools, jeremy lin, sucks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:03 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST