BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis
 
OneEighty
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-20-2011, 08:05 PM   #1
Brooklyn Mark
Banned
United_States
21
Rep
509
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 M3 MR E92 DCT
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Brooklyn, NY

iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to Brooklyn Mark
KW V3 or bilstein PSS10 ?

Daily driving NYC crap roads plus weekend track use..

Which should I buy?
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2011, 02:26 PM   #2
SV Concepts II
SV Concepts II's Avatar
United_States
129
Rep
6,095
Posts

 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1460 White Oaks Rd. Suite F Campbell, CA 95008

iTrader: (7)

You can't go wrong with either choice, both are great systems! The KW's would be easier to get since the Bilstein's are out of stock until mid January.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2012, 02:43 PM   #3
fatboy318
First Lieutenant
United_States
8
Rep
340
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 m3 4dr, 2009 gtr
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: south el monte ,ca. USA

iTrader: (7)

anyone have pss10 on their car?

reviews?
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2012, 12:29 PM   #4
Jkuo
First Lieutenant
Jkuo's Avatar
United_States
6
Rep
371
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 550I
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Queens

iTrader: (4)

I have a set of KW Clubsport, I am changing back to stock and I am local, let me know how many miles does your's have, mine have around 2000miles, pm me
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2012, 03:52 PM   #5
TMS_JDurkin
New Member
TMS_JDurkin's Avatar
0
Rep
18
Posts

 
Drives: E82 128i
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Amesbury,Mass

iTrader: (0)

Both are great kits. One thing you have to understand is KW focuses on coilovers and coilovers only, nothing else. Where Bilstein sells shocks, struts and a lot of other suspension type components for all types of vehicles.

If you do go with either kit and you do have EDC, you will need a module to shut off the EDC warning light.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2012, 05:43 PM   #6
Eugene-TAIWAN
Brigadier General
Eugene-TAIWAN's Avatar
Taiwan
79
Rep
3,113
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Taiwan

iTrader: (4)

I had PSS10 on my car before! And they where great. A lot people had some problems with the springs that came with the kit in Taiwan. But I'd say they work about the same but KWs give you more options in the future. Like upgrading to springs camber plates etc.
__________________

Past: Gintani stage3 M3
present: Porsche 993RWB, 964RS America,996 cupcar, 964 turbo 3.6, 991C4S, i3 in September
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 04:28 AM   #7
StylePoints
Second Lieutenant
StylePoints's Avatar
7
Rep
295
Posts

 
Drives: e92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: ca

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene-TAIWAN View Post
I had PSS10 on my car before! And they where great. A lot people had some problems with the springs that came with the kit in Taiwan. But I'd say they work about the same but KWs give you more options in the future. Like upgrading to springs camber plates etc.

Eugene, seems like you've had experience with many different awesome coil over setups. I've had PSS9 in my 335 and I've driven a few 335s with KWv2s (which I like but felt different than the PSS9s).

So with your experience, can you describe (best you can) - the differences of PSS10 vs KW v3s on the M3? Are the V3s stiffer in general? When I had my PSS9 - I rode it in the "1" setting front and rear for daily driving and I didn't think they were too stuff (actually thought it could have been stiffer).

If you were to chose V3 or PSS10 now, which would you pick out of the box(if you weren't going to change the springs or revolve)?
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 04:50 AM   #8
Eugene-TAIWAN
Brigadier General
Eugene-TAIWAN's Avatar
Taiwan
79
Rep
3,113
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Taiwan

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylePoints View Post
Eugene, seems like you've had experience with many different awesome coil over setups. I've had PSS9 in my 335 and I've driven a few 335s with KWv2s (which I like but felt different than the PSS9s).

So with your experience, can you describe (best you can) - the differences of PSS10 vs KW v3s on the M3? Are the V3s stiffer in general? When I had my PSS9 - I rode it in the "1" setting front and rear for daily driving and I didn't think they were too stuff (actually thought it could have been stiffer).

If you were to chose V3 or PSS10 now, which would you pick out of the box(if you weren't going to change the springs or revolve)?
I would go with the V3 for this batch of PSS10 compared!
__________________

Past: Gintani stage3 M3
present: Porsche 993RWB, 964RS America,996 cupcar, 964 turbo 3.6, 991C4S, i3 in September
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 04:55 AM   #9
StylePoints
Second Lieutenant
StylePoints's Avatar
7
Rep
295
Posts

 
Drives: e92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: ca

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene-TAIWAN View Post
I would go with the V3 for this batch of PSS10 compared!
Why V3? Stronger than PSS10?
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 05:01 AM   #10
Eugene-TAIWAN
Brigadier General
Eugene-TAIWAN's Avatar
Taiwan
79
Rep
3,113
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Taiwan

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylePoints View Post
Why V3? Stronger than PSS10?
Well the pss10 that I had after about 40,000km 1 of the springs was done!

and from seeing my friends KW V3s they still to be fine.

maybe it was just a bad batch or something
__________________

Past: Gintani stage3 M3
present: Porsche 993RWB, 964RS America,996 cupcar, 964 turbo 3.6, 991C4S, i3 in September
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 05:06 AM   #11
StylePoints
Second Lieutenant
StylePoints's Avatar
7
Rep
295
Posts

 
Drives: e92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: ca

iTrader: (1)

BTW, I called Turner motorsports and the sales guy told me the PSS10 is a softer setup compared to KW V3. Maybe I should go with KW this time around...I've used PSS for past 3 cars =/
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 08:55 AM   #12
Eugene-TAIWAN
Brigadier General
Eugene-TAIWAN's Avatar
Taiwan
79
Rep
3,113
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Taiwan

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylePoints View Post
BTW, I called Turner motorsports and the sales guy told me the PSS10 is a softer setup compared to KW V3. Maybe I should go with KW this time around...I've used PSS for past 3 cars =/
that would be a wise choice
__________________

Past: Gintani stage3 M3
present: Porsche 993RWB, 964RS America,996 cupcar, 964 turbo 3.6, 991C4S, i3 in September
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2012, 12:10 AM   #13
Gkap
BMF Movement
Gkap's Avatar
Canada
32
Rep
3,014
Posts

 
Drives: Women Crazy
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: GTA

iTrader: (1)

I have the PSS10's and have no complaint's.

My good friend Bunn had KWV3's, PSS10, and Moton's.

He disliked the V3's and recommended the PSS10 over them.
I dont think you can go wrong with either really.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2012, 12:09 PM   #14
jbaier@tms
New Member
0
Rep
10
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: MA

iTrader: (0)

I have PSS on my car and I have been very happy with them but the spring rates are on the softer side compared with KW. It all depends on what kind of driving you do (like many people have already stated) It really all comes down to personal preference. For me, if I was to buy a kit today it would be KW.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:58 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST