BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)
 
BPM Sport
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-26-2007, 11:24 AM   #1
1198r
Private First Class
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Nova

Posts: 171
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 E92 M3  [0.00]
Things hotting up for UK

My dealer informed me today that BMW GB have requested all dealers place orders on the system by the Friday this week so they can guage demand and therefore quota allocations will be made in next two weeks

Happy days
1198r is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-26-2007, 03:01 PM   #2
Tobizach
Female Car Enthusiast
 
Tobizach's Avatar
 
Drives: By the seat of her pants.
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: SouthWest

Posts: 353
iTrader: (0)

I live in Nevada and we have heat but not the right kind. :P
Tobizach is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-26-2007, 04:41 PM   #3
monsta
Brigadier General
 
monsta's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bergen County, NJ/Y.O, NY

Posts: 3,591
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1198r View Post
My dealer informed me today that BMW GB have requested all dealers place orders on the system by the Friday this week so they can guage demand and therefore quota allocations will be made in next two weeks

Happy days
This is good news you guys need to hurry up & get your cars, so a couple months later we can get ours, I hate this wait...
__________________

'08 E92 M3 6MT | IB | FR | RAC RG63's | VRS Ti Exhaust | Fabspeed HFC & Xpipe
'09 X5 35d SG/SB
'11 X3 28i AW/CN/FW (wife's car
monsta is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-26-2007, 09:40 PM   #4
MisterBMW
Private First Class
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Asia

Posts: 167
iTrader: (0)

We ve got the wrong kind of HEAT unfortunately, which is called

GLOBAL WARMING !!!
MisterBMW is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-26-2007, 11:50 PM   #5
m_bazeepaymon
Major
 
Drives: 2008 E92 335i
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 1,075
iTrader: (4)

Send a message via AIM to m_bazeepaymon
Quote:
Originally Posted by monsta View Post
This is good news you guys need to hurry up & get your cars, so a couple months later we can get ours, I hate this wait...
if it is really 2 months after they get their cars i would be very happy... imagine US release was november/december lol
__________________


ZzZzZ'er
m_bazeepaymon is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-27-2007, 03:19 AM   #6
Phoenix 21st
First Lieutenant
 
Phoenix 21st's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3 M-dct SG
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: London

Posts: 325
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1198r View Post
My dealer informed me today that BMW GB have requested all dealers place orders on the system by the Friday this week so they can guage demand and therefore quota allocations will be made in next two weeks

Happy days
I had the same call yesterday. What dealer you with? I've ordered M-dct so hoping everyone else orders MT so i get the M3 early in March.
Phoenix 21st is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      06-27-2007, 03:53 AM   #7
1198r
Private First Class
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Nova

Posts: 171
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix 21st View Post
I had the same call yesterday. What dealer you with? I've ordered M-dct so hoping everyone else orders MT so i get the M3 early in March.
Coopers Reading - i'm hoping for September 07!

If I get mine first - more than happy to come and show. Keep in touch.
1198r is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-28-2007, 03:05 AM   #8
Phoenix 21st
First Lieutenant
 
Phoenix 21st's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3 M-dct SG
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: London

Posts: 325
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1198r View Post
Coopers Reading - i'm hoping for September 07!

If I get mine first - more than happy to come and show. Keep in touch.
Park lane and Stephen James, getting m-dct so March 08 at earliest. Would be grateful to view the new M3 when you get it. What have you speced?
Phoenix 21st is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      06-28-2007, 04:26 AM   #9
Greg P
Private
 
Greg P's Avatar
 
Drives: F82 M4, Elan SE, R8 Spyder
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Northamptonshire, UK

Posts: 81
iTrader: (0)

Roll on September - ordered with Rydale Central, Birmingham in October 2005. Placed a order with same dealer to cross over into a convertible with M-DCT hopefully within a year.
Greg P is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      06-28-2007, 09:05 AM   #10
1198r
Private First Class
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Nova

Posts: 171
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix 21st View Post
Park lane and Stephen James, getting m-dct so March 08 at earliest. Would be grateful to view the new M3 when you get it. What have you speced?
Jerez Black
Titanium trim
19"
EDC
Folding Mirrors (narrow garage)
HiFi loudspeakersystem
Storage Compartment
Smokers Pack deletion
USB audio (so I can use Ipod on iDrive)
Floor mats
Bluetooth phone prep
High beam assist

You?
1198r is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-28-2007, 12:49 PM   #11
13eastie
Lieutenant
 
13eastie's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 E92 M3
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: London

Posts: 563
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1198r View Post
Jerez Black
Titanium trim
19"
EDC
Folding Mirrors (narrow garage)
HiFi loudspeakersystem
Storage Compartment
Smokers Pack deletion
USB audio (so I can use Ipod on iDrive)
Floor mats
Bluetooth phone prep
High beam assist

You?
Haha, your car will be virtually identical to mine... in fact, if you get yours before me, I might have to have serious words with my dealer
13eastie is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      06-29-2007, 12:34 AM   #12
Phoenix 21st
First Lieutenant
 
Phoenix 21st's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3 M-dct SG
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: London

Posts: 325
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1198r View Post
Jerez Black
Titanium trim
19"
EDC
Folding Mirrors (narrow garage)
HiFi loudspeakersystem
Storage Compartment
Smokers Pack deletion
USB audio (so I can use Ipod on iDrive)
Floor mats
Bluetooth phone prep
High beam assist

You?
Space grey
Bamboo beige
m-dct
Titanium
adaptive light
pdc
BT + Telematics
voice control
floor mats
Seal and protect
Phoenix 21st is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      06-29-2007, 07:32 AM   #13
1198r
Private First Class
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Nova

Posts: 171
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix 21st View Post
Space grey
Bamboo beige
m-dct
Titanium
adaptive light
pdc
BT + Telematics
voice control
floor mats
Seal and protect
What's seal and protect?
1198r is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-01-2007, 02:30 PM   #14
Phoenix 21st
First Lieutenant
 
Phoenix 21st's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3 M-dct SG
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: London

Posts: 325
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1198r View Post
What's seal and protect?
protection for the outside. Its a clear layer that they put on over the paint which is shinier and more durable.
Phoenix 21st is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      07-01-2007, 02:33 PM   #15
lucid
Major General
 
lucid's Avatar
 
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 8,034
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix 21st View Post
protection for the outside. Its a clear layer that they put on over the paint which is shinier and more durable.
Are you sure that's a good idea? Based on everything I've read, such dealer add-ons are merely scams, and do not actually enhance the durability of the paint job at all.
lucid is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-01-2007, 06:01 PM   #16
kishg
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2003 540i/6
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Northern NJ

Posts: 187
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix 21st View Post
protection for the outside. Its a clear layer that they put on over the paint which is shinier and more durable.
is it like clearbra?, the intention is to protect the paint from rock chips..

http://www.clearbra.net/
__________________
'05 X5/3.0 Sport (E53)
'03 540i/6 M-Sport (E39)
'91 325i/5 Sport Package (E30)
BMWCCA #360858 SCCA# 374179 NASA # 128290
kishg is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-02-2007, 03:55 AM   #17
Phoenix 21st
First Lieutenant
 
Phoenix 21st's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3 M-dct SG
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: London

Posts: 325
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
Are you sure that's a good idea? Based on everything I've read, such dealer add-ons are merely scams, and do not actually enhance the durability of the paint job at all.
I bought a car with this before and was impressed with it. The sheen is better and stone chips def seem to be less. On a £55000 car an extra £300 is worth it dont you think?

Its not like a plastic film that is put on the car. It is either an additive added to the paint, or an individual one sprayed on following paint.
Phoenix 21st is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      07-02-2007, 06:26 PM   #18
ruff
Conspicuous consumption
 
ruff's Avatar
 
Drives: 987 S .2, Lemond Zurich
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The mountains of Utah

Posts: 1,184
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix 21st View Post
I bought a car with this before and was impressed with it. The sheen is better and stone chips def seem to be less. On a £55000 car an extra £300 is worth it dont you think?

Its not like a plastic film that is put on the car. It is either an additive added to the paint, or an individual one sprayed on following paint.
I have never heard of that option in the U.S.
ruff is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-02-2007, 06:32 PM   #19
13eastie
Lieutenant
 
13eastie's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 E92 M3
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: London

Posts: 563
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix 21st View Post
I bought a car with this before and was impressed with it. The sheen is better and stone chips def seem to be less. On a £55000 car an extra £300 is worth it dont you think?

Its not like a plastic film that is put on the car. It is either an additive added to the paint, or an individual one sprayed on following paint.
I don't remember being offered this when I spec'ed mine - is it a factory or dealer option?
13eastie is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      07-02-2007, 07:01 PM   #20
SS32
Major
 
SS32's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 M3
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Raleigh, NC

Posts: 1,431
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg P View Post
Roll on September - ordered with Rydale Central, Birmingham in October 2005. Placed a order with same dealer to cross over into a convertible with M-DCT hopefully within a year.
You guys get your cars in December? MAYBE that means we could see Dec delivery?
SS32 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-02-2007, 10:37 PM   #21
FifthStreetz
O! So Sour!!
 
FifthStreetz's Avatar
 
Drives: Fast e30 / Slow M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Fort Lee, NJ

Posts: 15,539
iTrader: (24)

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowmoo32 View Post
You guys get your cars in December? MAYBE that means we could see Dec delivery?
so if we see Dec delivery that means we'll get it early 08??
FifthStreetz is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-03-2007, 03:11 AM   #22
Phoenix 21st
First Lieutenant
 
Phoenix 21st's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3 M-dct SG
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: London

Posts: 325
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13eastie View Post
I don't remember being offered this when I spec'ed mine - is it a factory or dealer option?
Factory option.
Phoenix 21st is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:59 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST