BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-08-2012, 12:34 AM   #45
skxf430
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: Driving Miss Daisy
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 218
iTrader: (0)

That Stilo looks pretty sweet.

Check out Stand 21, they are a bit more expensive but make some really quality stuff.
skxf430 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-08-2012, 08:12 PM   #46
M3_Montreal_SSII
First Lieutenant
 
M3_Montreal_SSII's Avatar
 
Drives: like I stole it
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Home

Posts: 363
iTrader: (0)

I just picked up a HJC motorsports AR-10 II today!
very happy with it
M3_Montreal_SSII is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      02-09-2012, 08:15 AM   #47
TXmtrhed
First Lieutenant
 
TXmtrhed's Avatar
 
Drives: VO 1M
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Katy, TX

Posts: 312
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Montreal View Post
I just picked up a HJC motorsports AR-10 II today!
very happy with it
As to the HJC helmet, I tried one on at TWS and found that it fit me pretty well considering that most helmets have a round shape that put a lot of pressure on my forehead. My only concern at the time was that the visor couldn’t be raised as high as I thought it should and I normally drive with the visor up. Do you find that with the visor up it distracts or impairs your vision?
TXmtrhed is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-09-2012, 10:58 AM   #48
sawzall
Major
 
sawzall's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Porsche 911 C2S
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Toronto

Posts: 1,244
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
^ I've got the AR-10 II as well, and pretty much always drive with the visor up. I find the field of vision to be pretty good, and the visor doesn't get in the way.
sawzall is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      02-09-2012, 11:39 AM   #49
TXmtrhed
First Lieutenant
 
TXmtrhed's Avatar
 
Drives: VO 1M
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Katy, TX

Posts: 312
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shizzle View Post
^ I've got the AR-10 II as well, and pretty much always drive with the visor up. I find the field of vision to be pretty good, and the visor doesn't get in the way.
That's what I needed to hear. Ordering one today. Thanks.
TXmtrhed is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-11-2012, 05:35 PM   #50
STALKER
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto, ON

Posts: 3,630
iTrader: (5)

Anyone use a Arai GP-5W SAH2010 Helmet?
__________________

2008 AW/FR E90 M3-SOLD
2013 991 C4S
STALKER is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-11-2012, 06:13 PM   #51
Subw00er
Bates '08 Interlagos Launch
 
Subw00er's Avatar
 
Drives: 08e92M, 03e46M
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: NY

Posts: 1,202
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to Subw00er
I do, I love it. The Wide makes a big difference. Splurge for the tinted shield.
__________________
Custom Exhaust Project: Bates Valvetronic exhaust: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=253661 -- Exhaust Mod pics in here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/40236795@N03/
DON'T BUY Race Ready Performance electronic cutout valves. Here's why: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...40#post9589740
Subw00er is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-11-2012, 06:45 PM   #52
930Man
Second Lieutenant
 
930Man's Avatar
 
Drives: m3
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Raleigh

Posts: 275
iTrader: (1)

I just got this.. Wire today 1st time is awesome built in ear muffs and mic with camelback!!!

__________________

2009 AW M3
1995 E36 full race
930Man is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-05-2012, 02:55 PM   #53
STALKER
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto, ON

Posts: 3,630
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subw00er View Post
I do, I love it. The Wide makes a big difference. Splurge for the tinted shield.
Do you have any electronics in it?
__________________

2008 AW/FR E90 M3-SOLD
2013 991 C4S
STALKER is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-05-2012, 04:41 PM   #54
Subw00er
Bates '08 Interlagos Launch
 
Subw00er's Avatar
 
Drives: 08e92M, 03e46M
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: NY

Posts: 1,202
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to Subw00er
no, other than the odd push up type earpiece for instructing.
__________________
Custom Exhaust Project: Bates Valvetronic exhaust: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=253661 -- Exhaust Mod pics in here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/40236795@N03/
DON'T BUY Race Ready Performance electronic cutout valves. Here's why: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...40#post9589740
Subw00er is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-08-2012, 09:05 PM   #55
Groundpilot
Major
 
Groundpilot's Avatar
 
Drives: 135I DCT , e92 M3 DCT, Audi A6
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: long island,ny

Posts: 1,096
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via ICQ to Groundpilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXmtrhed View Post
As to the HJC helmet, I tried one on at TWS and found that it fit me pretty well considering that most helmets have a round shape that put a lot of pressure on my forehead. My only concern at the time was that the visor couldn’t be raised as high as I thought it should and I normally drive with the visor up. Do you find that with the visor up it distracts or impairs your vision?
I just received HJC si-12 and absolutely love it. Fits perfect and looks good.
But i agree that the visor cant be raised high. I dont need it anyway as i wear sunglasses, so i am going to remove the visor and this helmet will be even lighter
__________________

David
Groundpilot is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-08-2012, 11:12 PM   #56
TXmtrhed
First Lieutenant
 
TXmtrhed's Avatar
 
Drives: VO 1M
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Katy, TX

Posts: 312
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundpilot View Post
I just received HJC si-12 and absolutely love it. Fits perfect and looks good.
But i agree that the visor cant be raised high. I dont need it anyway as i wear sunglasses, so i am going to remove the visor and this helmet will be even lighter
Used mine a few weeks ago and was very pleased with the fit. The visor ended up not bothering me a bit.

I wear glasses but I'm keeping the visor on in the cases when the track gets debris on it. One of my instructors got hit by a rock in the side of the helmet last year when we followed a car through some junk. I could hear it hit through the chatter box! Next time through our visors were down.
TXmtrhed is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-09-2012, 02:15 AM   #57
atruelunatic
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: n/a
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: East Bay, California

Posts: 286
iTrader: (1)

I'll be in Los Angeles this weekend, any stores I can check out for some SA2010 helmets? I wanna be able to have my own brain bucket by Sunday's track day. >=]
__________________
2011 e92 JzB 6MT
Akrapovic Evolution, ESS Tune, UUC SSK w/ DSSR, Stoptech SS brake lines, Eibach springs, OEM gloss black kidney grills, keyhole delete, LUX H8 3.0, full front clear bra, 20% tint, Macht Schenll Stud Conversion, Apex ARC-8 18x9.5/10 w/ 265/35 & 285/30 AD08's
atruelunatic is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-09-2012, 02:50 AM   #58
kchu221
JDM whore
 
kchu221's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 Porsche 911 Turbo
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: los angeles

Posts: 2,984
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by atruelunatic View Post
I'll be in Los Angeles this weekend, any stores I can check out for some SA2010 helmets? I wanna be able to have my own brain bucket by Sunday's track day. >=]
you can go to del amp motorsports! they carry alot of top brands, HJC, ARAI, SHOEI, and etc...
kchu221 is offline   South Korea
0
Reply With Quote
      03-09-2012, 03:21 AM   #59
skxf430
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: Driving Miss Daisy
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 218
iTrader: (0)

Del Amo only carries motorcycle helmets. They won't have any SA2010 helmets.

Check out either Werks II or Subesports for car helmets.
skxf430 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-09-2012, 12:09 PM   #60
kchu221
JDM whore
 
kchu221's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 Porsche 911 Turbo
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: los angeles

Posts: 2,984
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skxf430 View Post
Del Amo only carries motorcycle helmets. They won't have any SA2010 helmets.

Check out either Werks II or Subesports for car helmets.
i bought my HJC RPS10 helmet there, and that helmet is SA2010
kchu221 is offline   South Korea
0
Reply With Quote
      03-09-2012, 07:52 PM   #61
skxf430
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: Driving Miss Daisy
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 218
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchu221 View Post
i bought my HJC RPS10 helmet there, and that helmet is SA2010

HJC website lists the RPS10 as DOT and Snell certified but does not say if it either SA2010 or M2010. Also, they don't show the RPS10 in the auto section of the website but place it in the Motorcycle section.

Revzilla who sells HJC helmets list them as M2010 certified.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/h...0-solid-helmet

You may want to verify if your helmet is truly a SA2010 if you are running in structured track days like SCCA, VARA, POC, NASA, etc. as they will inspect for the proper safety equipment.
skxf430 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-09-2012, 08:41 PM   #62
kchu221
JDM whore
 
kchu221's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 Porsche 911 Turbo
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: los angeles

Posts: 2,984
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skxf430 View Post
HJC website lists the RPS10 as DOT and Snell certified but does not say if it either SA2010 or M2010. Also, they don't show the RPS10 in the auto section of the website but place it in the Motorcycle section.

Revzilla who sells HJC helmets list them as M2010 certified.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/h...0-solid-helmet

You may want to verify if your helmet is truly a SA2010 if you are running in structured track days like SCCA, VARA, POC, NASA, etc. as they will inspect for the proper safety equipment.
yea you're right, my helmet is M2010. but the track event I'm going to tomorrow said that ill need a SNELL approved either SA or M thats 2005 or newer so I'm good!
kchu221 is offline   South Korea
0
Reply With Quote
      03-09-2012, 09:04 PM   #63
skxf430
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: Driving Miss Daisy
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 218
iTrader: (0)

yes, the casual track days do allow for M certified helmets but some other organizations will only allow a SA rated helmet.

I attended a POC event and they would not allow a M certification, so those people had to rent a helmet for the day.

Have fun at the track.
skxf430 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-10-2012, 07:56 AM   #64
atruelunatic
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: n/a
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: East Bay, California

Posts: 286
iTrader: (1)

Picked up the HJC motorsports AR-10 II like a bunch of others here. Tried it out at Werks II and fit was great. Will be using it this weekend for the first time.
__________________
2011 e92 JzB 6MT
Akrapovic Evolution, ESS Tune, UUC SSK w/ DSSR, Stoptech SS brake lines, Eibach springs, OEM gloss black kidney grills, keyhole delete, LUX H8 3.0, full front clear bra, 20% tint, Macht Schenll Stud Conversion, Apex ARC-8 18x9.5/10 w/ 265/35 & 285/30 AD08's
atruelunatic is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-10-2012, 08:55 AM   #65
armyav8tor
n1smo
 
armyav8tor's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: North Carolina

Posts: 1,425
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
My helmet is basically the cheapest one I could find on Helmetcity which is a Pyrotect open face helmet. I've had it for a few years now, no complaints. I'm not trying to make a fashion statement. I drove on the Nurburgring with t-shirt, shorts and flip flops most of the time, helmet? What helmet?

States:


Germany:
armyav8tor is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-11-2012, 02:05 PM   #66
Kenny@VS
Private
 
Kenny@VS's Avatar
 
Drives: White E92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Schaumburg

Posts: 63
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to Kenny@VS
Best Helmet I've had.

Kenny@VS is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:51 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST