BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....
 
Alpine HID
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-01-2012, 10:41 PM   #89
e92_m3
Major
 
Drives: 2009 e92 m3
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bay Area, California

Posts: 1,499
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnaBomber View Post
i just saw this posted on another forum and thought it was perfect for this thread



typical G driver
Yuck!

I see where he's getting now.

Infiniti = Persianity
__________________

Hellaflush? All I could say is "effyo'flush","flushnuff", and Instead of 'illest', I'm calling it "faillest". It's just form over function nowadays...
-END RANT
e92_m3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-02-2012, 06:52 AM   #90
cole328
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2011 M3 Convertible
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: FL

Posts: 276
iTrader: (0)

Great thread, and I sadly agree Tough to "generalize" on anything, but in my experience, the OP is correct Most drivers of these Infinity cars def "appear" to be DB's.
cole328 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-07-2012, 01:09 PM   #91
Darth_Hoffmeister
New Member
 
Darth_Hoffmeister's Avatar
 
Drives: Obscenely Loud, Brutally Fast
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: CA

Posts: 13
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cole328 View Post
Great thread, and I sadly agree Tough to "generalize" on anything, but in my experience, the OP is correct Most drivers of these Infinity cars def "appear" to be DB's.
+1

The G37 is to the 335 as the 335 is to the M3.....





........as the M3 is to the C63.
Darth_Hoffmeister is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-07-2012, 04:19 PM   #92
Richt127
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 2008 e90 M3 Jet Black
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Hacienda Heights, CA

Posts: 43
iTrader: (0)

Classic, bmw drivers calling infinity drivers DBs.

On a side note, G35 was a great car, i had one. The style and 280hp engine is amazing for its time(2003 debut). brembo brakes and the unique exhaust tune was pretty neat, too.

get special 0.99% APR on a new G37 if you pm me today only!

Jk
Richt127 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-07-2012, 04:38 PM   #93
BMW6Speed
BMW3
 
BMW6Speed's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335i xDrive Msport
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New Jersey

Posts: 68
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by username11 View Post
I hope you are trolling. Otherwise you get douchebag of the year award. The people ignore you because they think you are an idiot. They look "shook" because they are surprised to see someone really close to their car and revving their engine. Wow.
The OP's post was how G drivers want to race him to try and prove themselves. Mine was how I am surprised because no matter what I do they seldom want to race me. And they are not "shook" because they are surprised, they are "shook" because they are intimidated. My car is loud, and appears to have more work done then it does. Kids with riced out G's don't want to run becasue they don't want to lose, you can Easily see it on their face. They do not want to be embarassed that their tricked out G will never beat a BMW, simple as that.
__________________

2011 335xi Msport
Jb3, BMW Performance Exhaust, BMS Performance Intake, BMS Chargepipe, AR 4" DP
Black Kidneys, 35% Tint, 20% Tail light Tint, Blacked out front reflectors, Painted Black Msport Rims
BMW6Speed is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-07-2012, 04:42 PM   #94
IrishCoffee
First Lieutenant
 
IrishCoffee's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3, 2014 328i
Join Date: May 2011
Location: San Diego

Posts: 338
iTrader: (0)

Wow, this thread is just lame at this point...
IrishCoffee is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-07-2012, 06:08 PM   #95
Richt127
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 2008 e90 M3 Jet Black
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Hacienda Heights, CA

Posts: 43
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW6Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by username11 View Post
I hope you are trolling. Otherwise you get douchebag of the year award. The people ignore you because they think you are an idiot. They look "shook" because they are surprised to see someone really close to their car and revving their engine. Wow.
The OP's post was how G drivers want to race him to try and prove themselves. Mine was how I am surprised because no matter what I do they seldom want to race me. And they are not "shook" because they are surprised, they are "shook" because they are intimidated. My car is loud, and appears to have more work done then it does. Kids with riced out G's don't want to run becasue they don't want to lose, you can Easily see it on their face. They do not want to be embarassed that their tricked out G will never beat a BMW, simple as that.
A tricked out civic can beat a bmw. A tricked out bmw can beat a ferrari. Where are we going with this?
Richt127 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-07-2012, 06:34 PM   #96
BMW6Speed
BMW3
 
BMW6Speed's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335i xDrive Msport
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New Jersey

Posts: 68
iTrader: (0)

[quote=Richt127;11299755]A tricked out civic can beat a bmw. A tricked out bmw can beat a ferrari. Where are we going with this?[/]

But a tricked out G wont beat a tricked out BMW. I know my place car wise, I wouldn't try to race cars I know I'll lose to. Like Op said G drivers r db's, your looking to much into what im saying.
__________________

2011 335xi Msport
Jb3, BMW Performance Exhaust, BMS Performance Intake, BMS Chargepipe, AR 4" DP
Black Kidneys, 35% Tint, 20% Tail light Tint, Blacked out front reflectors, Painted Black Msport Rims
BMW6Speed is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-07-2012, 07:36 PM   #97
M3_Montreal_SSII
First Lieutenant
 
M3_Montreal_SSII's Avatar
 
Drives: like I stole it
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Home

Posts: 361
iTrader: (0)

[quote=BMW6Speed;11299907]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richt127 View Post
A tricked out civic can beat a bmw. A tricked out bmw can beat a ferrari. Where are we going with this?[/]

But a tricked out G wont beat a tricked out BMW. I know my place car wise, I wouldn't try to race cars I know I'll lose to. Like Op said G drivers r db's, your looking to much into what im saying.
Well that makes you a pussy and a douchebag.
You would only race cars that appear to be slower than yours...

I owned a G35, and I still raced faster cars if they wanted to have a run.
There are a lot of fast G's and Z's out there, just like there are a lot of fast civics out there.

Before assuming that those G drivers are "intimidated", you should realize that you are not much different from those G drivers.

No one cares if your car is chipped or not. At the end of the day, you drive a 335i.
M3_Montreal_SSII is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      02-07-2012, 07:52 PM   #98
konaforever
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2009 Red GTR
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Boston, MA

Posts: 234
iTrader: (0)

M3 drivers can be douche's too. Sunday night coming home after watching the superbowl, a white E92 M3 passed me, and the jeep in front of me, on the right on a wide 2 lane road. He's lucky both I and the jeep didn't move closer to the center of the lane, then the very left.
konaforever is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-07-2012, 08:07 PM   #99
mkoesel
Moderator
 
Drives: IB/PS M-DCT E93 M3
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canton, MI

Posts: 12,991
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by konaforever View Post
M3 drivers can be douche's too. Sunday night coming home after watching the superbowl, a white E92 M3 passed me, and the jeep in front of me, on the right on a wide 2 lane road. He's lucky both I and the jeep didn't move closer to the center of the lane, then the very left.
He passed you on the right on a two lane road?! Guy was straight up trashed. No sober person tries that.
__________________
2008 Interlagos Blue E93 M3 - M-DCT
2011 Salsa Red Jetta TDI Sportwagen - DSG
mkoesel is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-07-2012, 08:15 PM   #100
Richt127
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 2008 e90 M3 Jet Black
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Hacienda Heights, CA

Posts: 43
iTrader: (0)

[quote=BMW6Speed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richt127 View Post
A tricked out civic can beat a bmw. A tricked out bmw can beat a ferrari. Where are we going with this?[/]

But a tricked out G wont beat a tricked out BMW. I know my place car wise, I wouldn't try to race cars I know I'll lose to. Like Op said G drivers r db's, your looking to much into what im saying.
other factors aside. youre saying if your car is faster, its not db of you to rev at another car? What if the G driver is heavily modded and think they can give your modded 335 a run for the money? Are they still considered dbs?

I believe that people are dbs, not the car they drive. I get revved at by bikes, other bmws, civics, lambos, etc(thats a lot of dbs). Sometimes i just step on it to be a good sport. Purpose of getting a sports car is to go faster no?
Richt127 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-07-2012, 08:26 PM   #101
BMW6Speed
BMW3
 
BMW6Speed's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335i xDrive Msport
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New Jersey

Posts: 68
iTrader: (0)

[quote=E90Montreal;11300352]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW6Speed View Post

Well that makes you a pussy and a douchebag.
You would only race cars that appear to be slower than yours...

I owned a G35, and I still raced faster cars if they wanted to have a run.
There are a lot of fast G's and Z's out there, just like there are a lot of fast civics out there.

Before assuming that those G drivers are "intimidated", you should realize that you are not much different from those G drivers.

No one cares if your car is chipped or not. At the end of the day, you drive a 335i.
Wow you guys are really over doing it on this. So if a z06 pulls next to me and tries to race, and I know I am going to lose, what is the purpose of racing and risking getting caught by the police and getting my license taken away, or worse get into an accident? Were not talking being at the track. At least if your going to street race, know you'll win or have a chance to win, otherwise your just stupid for trying, and all risk no reward. And for the G drivers if some kid drives like a jerkoff and tries to race me, I am going to put him in his place, knowing that unless he has a lot of work done I'm winning. And trust me I know the intimidated look and reaction when I drive by one, it is very obvious.
__________________

2011 335xi Msport
Jb3, BMW Performance Exhaust, BMS Performance Intake, BMS Chargepipe, AR 4" DP
Black Kidneys, 35% Tint, 20% Tail light Tint, Blacked out front reflectors, Painted Black Msport Rims
BMW6Speed is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-07-2012, 08:31 PM   #102
BMW6Speed
BMW3
 
BMW6Speed's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335i xDrive Msport
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New Jersey

Posts: 68
iTrader: (0)

[quote=Richt127;11300604]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW6Speed
other factors aside. youre saying if your car is faster, its not db of you to rev at another car? What if the G driver is heavily modded and think they can give your modded 335 a run for the money? Are they still considered dbs?

I believe that people are dbs, not the car they drive. I get revved at by bikes, other bmws, civics, lambos, etc(thats a lot of dbs). Sometimes i just step on it to be a good sport. Purpose of getting a sports car is to go faster no?
No your right, revving at another car for no reason is being a DB. I guess I meant to say if you see a G begging to get put in his place, like driving wild, trying to race you or even with a license plate like the one in the pics on the previous page, you just want to make an example out of him though right? Again I just meant to say that the OP always has G's trying to race him, but even if I provoke one or not, they don't want to race me, they always back off. Im sure if one was modded heavily enough they wouldn't be phased by my rims and exhaust n still try to run.
__________________

2011 335xi Msport
Jb3, BMW Performance Exhaust, BMS Performance Intake, BMS Chargepipe, AR 4" DP
Black Kidneys, 35% Tint, 20% Tail light Tint, Blacked out front reflectors, Painted Black Msport Rims
BMW6Speed is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-07-2012, 08:43 PM   #103
M3_Montreal_SSII
First Lieutenant
 
M3_Montreal_SSII's Avatar
 
Drives: like I stole it
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Home

Posts: 361
iTrader: (0)

[quote=BMW6Speed;11300680]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Montreal View Post

Wow you guys are really over doing it on this. So if a z06 pulls next to me and tries to race, and I know I am going to lose, what is the purpose of racing and risking getting caught by the police and getting my license taken away, or worse get into an accident? Were not talking being at the track. At least if your going to street race, know you'll win or have a chance to win, otherwise your just stupid for trying, and all risk no reward. And for the G drivers if some kid drives like a jerkoff and tries to race me, I am going to put him in his place, knowing that unless he has a lot of work done I'm winning. And trust me I know the intimidated look and reaction when I drive by one, it is very obvious.

I really don't understand your logic.
You wouldn't race a Z06 because you know you will lose.
The G35 driver wouldn't race you because he knows that a stock G35 will lose.
So now, your point is...???
M3_Montreal_SSII is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      02-07-2012, 08:45 PM   #104
konaforever
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2009 Red GTR
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Boston, MA

Posts: 234
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
He passed you on the right on a two lane road?! Guy was straight up trashed. No sober person tries that.
Yeah! Possibly! It's a wide two lane road, but still. Definitely surprised me! When we got on the highway, he squeezed his car between two cars in the fast lane. The guy behind him who he squeezed in front of didn't appeciate it and flashed his high beams a few times.
konaforever is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-07-2012, 08:45 PM   #105
M3_Montreal_SSII
First Lieutenant
 
M3_Montreal_SSII's Avatar
 
Drives: like I stole it
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Home

Posts: 361
iTrader: (0)

[quote=BMW6Speed;11300680]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Montreal View Post

Wow you guys are really over doing it on this. So if a z06 pulls next to me and tries to race, and I know I am going to lose, what is the purpose of racing and risking getting caught by the police and getting my license taken away, or worse get into an accident? Were not talking being at the track. At least if your going to street race, know you'll win or have a chance to win, otherwise your just stupid for trying, and all risk no reward. And for the G drivers if some kid drives like a jerkoff and tries to race me, I am going to put him in his place, knowing that unless he has a lot of work done I'm winning. And trust me I know the intimidated look and reaction when I drive by one, it is very obvious.
To a Z06 driver, you might look like an asshole who drives like a douche.
Sounds like you enjoy bullying people who own a slower car than yours - that makes you a douchebag
M3_Montreal_SSII is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      02-07-2012, 11:06 PM   #106
BMW6Speed
BMW3
 
BMW6Speed's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335i xDrive Msport
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New Jersey

Posts: 68
iTrader: (0)

[quote=E90Montreal;11300784]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW6Speed View Post

To a Z06 driver, you might look like an asshole who drives like a douche.
Sounds like you enjoy bullying people who own a slower car than yours - that makes you a douchebag
[quote=E90Montreal;11300771]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW6Speed View Post


I really don't understand your logic.
You wouldn't race a Z06 because you know you will lose.
The G35 driver wouldn't race you because he knows that a stock G35 will lose.
So now, your point is...???

But I'm not trying to taunt stock G's Im doing it to ones that look like they have work done to them...........are you not reading my posts guy? You wouldn't race a granny in a stock G would you? Chill the fuck out.

And what the hell are you talking about to a z06 driver I look like a dick? Your saying that like I am driving recklessly all the time or at all? I've clearly said before I'm not taunting kids in G's because I am being a bully, I'm doing to the ones that think there G is a car from god (i.e. ones like in previous pictures like I said before). Just know your place on the road thats all. Stop dragging this on guy.
__________________

2011 335xi Msport
Jb3, BMW Performance Exhaust, BMS Performance Intake, BMS Chargepipe, AR 4" DP
Black Kidneys, 35% Tint, 20% Tail light Tint, Blacked out front reflectors, Painted Black Msport Rims
BMW6Speed is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-07-2012, 11:58 PM   #107
IS3andME
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: Lexus IS300
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Maryland

Posts: 367
iTrader: (0)

Glen Burnie, Maryland, outside of Baltimore (very,very "working class") Fox body Mustangs trying to take on wait for it, rebadged M3s...or E46 M3s.
There are guys who drive 1980s Honda Civics, but they are half a car---no hood, front bumper, no fenders, no rear bumper, and no exhaust.

now, i have a IS300, not modded, so I know better than to take on a M3, of any vintage...but there are several guys that have E46 328i, 330i sedans rebadged with fenders and all as M3s, complete with a giant ///M plaque inthe front...and they "always" seem to find me on the street.
IS3andME is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-08-2012, 12:20 AM   #108
Richt127
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 2008 e90 M3 Jet Black
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Hacienda Heights, CA

Posts: 43
iTrader: (0)

[quote=BMW6Speed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richt127 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW6Speed
other factors aside. youre saying if your car is faster, its not db of you to rev at another car? What if the G driver is heavily modded and think they can give your modded 335 a run for the money? Are they still considered dbs?

I believe that people are dbs, not the car they drive. I get revved at by bikes, other bmws, civics, lambos, etc(thats a lot of dbs). Sometimes i just step on it to be a good sport. Purpose of getting a sports car is to go faster no?
No your right, revving at another car for no reason is being a DB. I guess I meant to say if you see a G begging to get put in his place, like driving wild, trying to race you or even with a license plate like the one in the pics on the previous page, you just want to make an example out of him though right? Again I just meant to say that the OP always has G's trying to race him, but even if I provoke one or not, they don't want to race me, they always back off. Im sure if one was modded heavily enough they wouldn't be phased by my rims and exhaust n still try to run.
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Ffeature%3Dplayer_embe dded%26v%3Dhr4L-RgXwDc&feature=player_embedded&v=hr4L-RgXwDc&gl=US
Richt127 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-15-2012, 07:07 PM   #109
Bobby Pynes
Second Lieutenant
 
Bobby Pynes's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 G37S Loaded
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: San Francisco

Posts: 288
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGroup
What's with the stock G35/37 drivers who always want to race me? Usually I have the self-control (i.e. my wife screaming at me) to ignore most drivers who want to race. But there's something about these G35/37 drivers that makes me want to press the power button and drop it in 3rd and destroy them! Is there something wrong with me? I think they honestly think they own a GT-R or something. Serenity now...serenity now...serenity now.

Sorry for the rant. I'm going back to work now. I feel better.
Hey now. I drive a g37s, and I know full well that it's no m3. I will tailgate or ride with an M3 just to listen to it purr. But I never rev on one.

That being said, its not m3 drivers, or g37 drivers that are the worst.

It's the freaking 328's with an intake, the 330's with pe, and the damn 335s who haul ass every where they go revving on everything in sight. "oh great, mommy bought you a BMW, don't be a dick"

End rant.
__________________
Bobby Pynes
Bobby Pynes is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-18-2012, 09:13 PM   #110
NasHH
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: e93 M3
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LA

Posts: 49
iTrader: (1)

Haha I have had my car for 2 days and I get revved at by 335's so much. When I had my e46 m3 completely fixed up, people just looked at me, now with my e93 m3 they try to make me waste my gas lol.

My friend has a g37 and he thought he was fast until I put him in his place with my e46 m3. Now with my e93, he's just depressed on why he bought his G :/
NasHH is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:20 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST