BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
E46 M3 Coupe and Convertible Forum General E46 M3 Forum

02-05-2012, 11:27 PM   #1
jimmerjam
Registered
Rep
Drives: m3

08 M3 for sale at offleaseonly. Anyone know this place?

So I've been looking into getting a M3 and I came across this dealer in Florida. They say all their cars are clean title and they are the good guys. It seems like a really good deal on this car but I'm a little skeptical.. I'm in California so it's not like I can go check it out. So I'm wondering if anyone has heard of this place.. Good or bad dealer? Here's the link to the car:http://www.offleaseonly.com/south-fl...3-Coupe/36561/
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2012, 11:27 PM   #2
jimmerjam
Registered
Rep
Drives: m3

Also if anyone can get a carfax on this car for me it would be much appreciated
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2012, 08:45 AM   #3
ForensicM3
Private
Rep
Drives: Not an m3

I went and looked at that car last week. It's a previous manufacturer buyback which means it was lemon lawed. They gave me a full history report on the car. The two parts that were deemed permanently malfunctioned were the DSC (dynamic stability control) and the idle regular valve, a common failure on a small number of m3's. They told me both parts were replaced before the car was auctioned off. I asked how they knew that. There response was that it was "announced over the loud speaker at the auction." I would call in the VIN to BMWNA to see if those parts were replaced. Even if they were, who's to say they won't fail again? Oh, plus this car will come with a lemon title. Big risk if you ask me. But if you are willing to take it, you could save a lot of money. I did sit in the car while it was idling and everything seemed fine. I didn't take it for a test drive because they make you get approved for a loan. I had somewhere to be and did not have the time. Caveat Emptor.

Offleaseonly is a great dealer. They are really up front about all of their cars. They didn't hide anything about the aforementioned car. All the M3's on the lot that don't have issues, end up going VERY quick because they are always priced right. I'm also in the market for an M3 and usually search using ebay, autotrader, here, and offleaseonly.com.

BTW, this was posted in the wrong forum. You are looking at an e90, not an e46. I just happen to stumble upon it

Last edited by ForensicM3; 02-06-2012 at 08:54 AM.. Reason: forgot to include some information
Appreciate 0