BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion
 
Evolve Automotive
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-30-2012, 06:26 PM   #1
BMW Fanatic
Banned
Canada
61
Rep
3,314
Posts

 
Drives: slow
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Calgary

iTrader: (11)

Arrow Now You Can Eat & Tweet While You Drive..

..The Self Driving BMW Is Coming To A Highway Near You!

Just saw this video, don't think it has been posted before. I personally don't think that this kind of car can ever exist in today's world. Maybe one day but not right now.

Appreciate 0
      01-30-2012, 06:52 PM   #2
Gkap
BMF Movement
Gkap's Avatar
Canada
32
Rep
3,014
Posts

 
Drives: Women Crazy
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: GTA

iTrader: (1)

interesting.

cool find
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2012, 09:21 AM   #3
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
THE TECH's Avatar
United_States
157
Rep
13,121
Posts


 
Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kansas

iTrader: (45)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to THE TECH Send a message via Skype™ to THE TECH
They tested one of BMW's car's with this enabled on it several years ago on Top Gear.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2012, 09:30 AM   #4
Mr. ///M3 RD
Major General
Mr. ///M3 RD's Avatar
Canada
147
Rep
7,863
Posts

 
Drives: E350 & 280 SL on Weekends :)
Join Date: May 2010
Location: GTA, Ontario - Canada

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
When this happens I will make sure to sell all my cars Just think of it if hackers alter the software and we have massive pileups of fine cars on the highways ...

no thanks that part of technology is not for me lets just say I know too much about what can go wrong and the consequences thereof ...

It be time then to get a horse and buggy and retreat back int the quiet country side ... even a fenced in farm to keep those gadgets out

THE TECH ... I saw that segment ... did you see all the gadgets that car had on board
__________________
Cheers, Rolf-Dieter

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2012, 09:48 AM   #5
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
THE TECH's Avatar
United_States
157
Rep
13,121
Posts


 
Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kansas

iTrader: (45)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to THE TECH Send a message via Skype™ to THE TECH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolf-Dieter View Post
When this happens I will make sure to sell all my cars Just think of it if hackers alter the software and we have massive pileups of fine cars on the highways ...

no thanks that part of technology is not for me lets just say I know too much about what can go wrong and the consequences thereof ...

It be time then to get a horse and buggy and retreat back int the quiet country side ... even a fenced in farm to keep those gadgets out

THE TECH ... I saw that segment ... did you see all the gadgets that car had on board
Yeah it was a rolling computer.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2012, 12:39 PM   #6
BMW Fanatic
Banned
Canada
61
Rep
3,314
Posts

 
Drives: slow
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Calgary

iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
They tested one of BMW's car's with this enabled on it several years ago on Top Gear.
You are right but that car could only manage to go around the Top Gear test track once JC had completed a lap of his own, the dynamics on this new system are far greater with the car being able to make spantaneous decisions for every new scenario it is introduced to with very minimal delays.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2012, 12:47 PM   #7
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
THE TECH's Avatar
United_States
157
Rep
13,121
Posts


 
Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kansas

iTrader: (45)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to THE TECH Send a message via Skype™ to THE TECH
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Fanatic View Post
You are right but that car could only manage to go around the Top Gear test track once JC had completed a lap of his own, the dynamics on this new system are far greater with the car being able to make spantaneous decisions for every new scenario it is introduced to with very minimal delays.
Agreed. Obviously in the several years since that filming, BMW has progressed the system. It's only natural that it would have more features now than it did then.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2012, 02:05 PM   #8
az34
Major
az34's Avatar
Canada
18
Rep
1,015
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 z4sdrive35i 2008 x5 3.0i
Join Date: May 2011
Location: montréal

iTrader: (0)

i'm not sure if i want one.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:27 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST