BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

GT Haus

02-05-2012, 10:23 AM   #45
armyav8tor
n1smo

Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdemetry View Post
I do have foundation for this. My 335i, which has similar if not worse brakes served me just fine with Hawk HP+ pads for several 20 minute sessions at Road America, one of the fastest road courses in the US, where I was able to hit 135-145 in three differant straights each lap. No fade.
I want to say that the 335i's brakes are better than the M3. As ridiculous as that sounds, the brakes on my 335i never warped in over 20 laps on the Nurburgring. The M3's warped after the first weekend there. I am very easy on the brakes and I just couldn't believe that the M3 couldn't take a few laps at the Ring. They might have performed better with race pads but then I never had race pads on the 335i. BMW obviously wanted to save some money but the stock brakes can not stand up to any kind of track driving or even hard mountain drives IMO.
armyav8tor is offline   United_States