BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
 
Steve Thomas BMW
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-02-2012, 10:02 AM   #1
Prissy
Brigadier General
Prissy's Avatar
Taiwan
125
Rep
3,941
Posts

 
Drives: F30
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NY

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2015 BMW F30  [2.75]
Exclamation Question for Marlboro smokers

Hi my friend told me that all real Marlboro cigs should have the word Marlboro printed on the clear plastic film, you can only see the word if you blow your breath into the clear plastic film. It is kind of transparent. So I got a carton from my uncle yesterday and they did not have the word on the plastic film. My question is that does ALL Marlboros (different states, I am in NY) have the word on the plastic film? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2012, 10:40 AM   #2
bolinp78
G35 convertee
bolinp78's Avatar
25
Rep
1,007
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335i (AW)
Join Date: May 2008
Location: .

iTrader: (1)

Your uncle gave you cigarettes?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2012, 10:46 AM   #3
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
NYCGP's Avatar
55
Rep
1,578
Posts

 
Drives: Bandwagon
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Jungle

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prissy View Post
Hi my friend told me that all real Marlboro cigs should have the word Marlboro printed on the clear plastic film, you can only see the word if you blow your breath into the clear plastic film. It is kind of transparent. So I got a carton from my uncle yesterday and they did not have the word on the plastic film. My question is that does ALL Marlboros (different states, I am in NY) have the word on the plastic film? Thanks.
wtf are you talking about..?

I have been smoking marlboros for a decade.. never heard anything about this. They have a tax stamp on the bottom. That's it.

Most people buy cartons from VA because they are extremely cheap and sell them on the street in NYC for 5-10 bucks.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2012, 10:49 AM   #4
Prissy
Brigadier General
Prissy's Avatar
Taiwan
125
Rep
3,941
Posts

 
Drives: F30
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NY

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2015 BMW F30  [2.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGP View Post
wtf are you talking about..?

I have been smoking marlboros for a decade.. never heard anything about this. They have a tax stamp on the bottom. That's it.

Most people buy cartons from VA because they are extremely cheap and sell them on the street in NYC for 5-10 bucks.
Ya go try it, I am not talking about the Tax stamp, but if you blow ur breath into the plastic, you will see it! I've tested on couple of friends Marlboros, and yes they all have the transparent "Marlboro" on them. Except for the carton that I received from my uncle last night.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2012, 10:56 AM   #5
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
NYCGP's Avatar
55
Rep
1,578
Posts

 
Drives: Bandwagon
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Jungle

iTrader: (0)

Where on the packaging? Top, bottom, left side, right side, front or back?
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2012, 11:01 AM   #6
The Ghost of Tom Joad
Banned
No_Country
1
Rep
50
Posts

 
Drives: B744
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Up In The Air

iTrader: (0)

lol@smuggling cheap cigarettes into nyc. that's quite a racket for cancer sticks.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2012, 11:11 AM   #7
Prissy
Brigadier General
Prissy's Avatar
Taiwan
125
Rep
3,941
Posts

 
Drives: F30
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NY

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2015 BMW F30  [2.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGP View Post
Where on the packaging? Top, bottom, left side, right side, front or back?
on the front Or back of the plastic, please go test it out and let me know. I am wondering if all new Marlboros have this transparent stamp on them.

edit: look under the light.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2012, 11:14 AM   #8
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
NYCGP's Avatar
55
Rep
1,578
Posts

 
Drives: Bandwagon
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Jungle

iTrader: (0)

^^Troll...
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2012, 11:15 AM   #9
MadDog
Careful, I Bite.....
MadDog's Avatar
United_States
14
Rep
504
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 325i
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: S.F. Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 325i  [3.75]
methinks the OP has been smoking something other than Marlboro's.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2012, 11:21 AM   #10
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
Templar's Avatar
United_States
40
Rep
1,824
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: One of the coasts...

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDog View Post
methinks the OP has been smoking something other than Marlboro's.
+1
__________________
'11 BMW E92 ///M3 - ZCP and DCT
'13 Toyota Tundra - 4x4 Platinum CrewMax, 5.7l iForce V8
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2012, 11:26 AM   #11
Prissy
Brigadier General
Prissy's Avatar
Taiwan
125
Rep
3,941
Posts

 
Drives: F30
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NY

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2015 BMW F30  [2.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGP View Post
^^Troll...
Did you even go test it out? If you did you wouldn't be calling me a troll lol.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2012, 11:28 AM   #12
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
NYCGP's Avatar
55
Rep
1,578
Posts

 
Drives: Bandwagon
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Jungle

iTrader: (0)

I always have a pack.. If you are doing it on an unopened pack.. maybe it works.. tried once (can't believe i am admitting this) on an opened pack and it doesn't exist..

So my conclusion is... troll.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2012, 11:32 AM   #13
E90SoFlo
Banned
53
Rep
2,675
Posts

 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Naples, FL

iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGP View Post
I always have a pack.. If you are doing it on an unopened pack.. maybe it works.. tried once (can't believe i am admitting this) on an opened pack and it doesn't exist..

So my conclusion is... troll.
I think he is talking about the plastic on a new pack..

But smoking is bad
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2012, 11:36 AM   #14
Prissy
Brigadier General
Prissy's Avatar
Taiwan
125
Rep
3,941
Posts

 
Drives: F30
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NY

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2015 BMW F30  [2.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGP View Post
I always have a pack.. If you are doing it on an unopened pack.. maybe it works.. tried once (can't believe i am admitting this) on an opened pack and it doesn't exist..

So my conclusion is... troll.
I am not a TROLL lol. Like I said the ones I got from my uncle last night didn't have the "shadow" on the plastic and it tastes pretty real and has the VA tax stamp. It could be real without the shadow only if Marlboro has deleted the shadow on the plastic from counterfeit process. Did you get your cig from a deli or some guy selling it for $45/carton?

My other friend just told me that even the FAKE marlboros have the transparent shadow on the plastic on them now.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2012, 11:38 AM   #15
Prissy
Brigadier General
Prissy's Avatar
Taiwan
125
Rep
3,941
Posts

 
Drives: F30
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NY

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2015 BMW F30  [2.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SoFlo View Post
I think he is talking about the plastic on a new pack..

But smoking is bad
yes, smoking is bad.. gotta quit
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2012, 11:41 AM   #16
The Ghost of Tom Joad
Banned
No_Country
1
Rep
50
Posts

 
Drives: B744
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Up In The Air

iTrader: (0)

ITT people blowing in their packs of cigarettes looking for the magical watermark.

i smoked marlboros for around 10 years before i quit. never once saw a marlboro watermark or any other type of hidden secret message. this included times when i may or may not have been using mind altering substances.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2012, 11:42 AM   #17
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
NYCGP's Avatar
55
Rep
1,578
Posts

 
Drives: Bandwagon
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Jungle

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prissy View Post
I am not a TROLL lol. Like I said the ones I got from my uncle last night didn't have the "shadow" on the plastic and it tastes pretty real and has the VA tax stamp. It could be real without the shadow only if Marlboro has deleted the shadow on the plastic from counterfeit process. Did you get your cig from a deli or some guy selling it for $45/carton?

My other friend just told me that even the FAKE marlboros have the transparent shadow on the plastic on them now.
Your friends are fucking with you...
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2012, 11:51 AM   #18
Prissy
Brigadier General
Prissy's Avatar
Taiwan
125
Rep
3,941
Posts

 
Drives: F30
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NY

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2015 BMW F30  [2.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ghost of Tom Joad View Post
ITT people blowing in their packs of cigarettes looking for the magical watermark.

i smoked marlboros for around 10 years before i quit. never once saw a marlboro watermark or any other type of hidden secret message. this included times when i may or may not have been using mind altering substances.
It might be a newer counterfeit processing? FYI: I've smoke Marlboros for 15+ years and just found out about this last night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGP View Post
Your friends are fucking with you...
No they are not. I tested it out myself. Did you tried it on your own pack? You are not helping at all?
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2012, 11:54 AM   #19
The Ghost of Tom Joad
Banned
No_Country
1
Rep
50
Posts

 
Drives: B744
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Up In The Air

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prissy View Post
It might be a newer counterfeit processing? FYI: I've smoke Marlboros for 15+ years and just found out about this last night.
go buy a pack of non-smuggled cigarettes and check.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2012, 12:04 PM   #20
Prissy
Brigadier General
Prissy's Avatar
Taiwan
125
Rep
3,941
Posts

 
Drives: F30
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NY

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2015 BMW F30  [2.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ghost of Tom Joad View Post
go buy a pack of non-smuggled cigarettes and check.
Yes I am doing that in 15min during my lunch break.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2012, 12:39 PM   #21
bolinp78
G35 convertee
bolinp78's Avatar
25
Rep
1,007
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335i (AW)
Join Date: May 2008
Location: .

iTrader: (1)

Maybe if they aren't real you won't get cancer as quickly?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2012, 12:52 PM   #22
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
CollinsE90's Avatar
United_States
226
Rep
1,927
Posts

 
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: street corner checking profits

iTrader: (0)

ITT, a problem that could have been solved by OP going to the store.
__________________
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
ill_giveyou_$2_forpack, op likes to blow plastic film

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:45 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST