BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Canadian Classifieds
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-23-2012, 04:07 AM   #1
Simma
First Lieutenant
Simma's Avatar
Canada
6
Rep
323
Posts

Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Nice 2010 M3 For Sale

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None
Item Interest
I went to a place called Stark Auto Sales in Toronto today with a friend because he wanted to buy a car. Stark auctions out accident and theft recovery vehicles. While I was there I saw this car in their showroom:

http://www.starkautosales.com/car_de...A17165&C=&S=74

Car looked amazing in person. The guy said $54K takes it (pretty sure car can be bargained down since thats the first price he gave me).

Not sure if anyone wants to buy a "Theft Recovery" vehicle but hey someone might be interested.

Cheers

Appreciate 0
      01-23-2012, 12:05 PM   #2
MK599
I like Polar Bears..
MK599's Avatar
Canada
13
Rep
376
Posts

Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Toronto, Canada

iTrader: (10)

What are the cons of a theft recovery vehicle?
So it was stolen then found? dont know how that depreciates a car by that much.
Very nice edition car though.
__________________
///Matthew.
@MK599
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2012, 07:27 PM   #3
Ottawarealtor
Enlisted Member
Ottawarealtor's Avatar
Canada
0
Rep
38
Posts

Drives: 09'535ix
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ottawa

iTrader: (0)

Just went to the site and the current status says not available.Someone moved on it I assume
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 03:54 AM   #4
Simma
First Lieutenant
Simma's Avatar
Canada
6
Rep
323
Posts

Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

They didn't update the vehicle status (available) on the website yet. I spoke to them. It's available.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 10:44 AM   #5
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
THE TECH's Avatar
United_States
160
Rep
13,124
Posts


Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kansas

iTrader: (45)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to THE TECH Send a message via Skype™ to THE TECH
Quote:
Originally Posted by MK599 View Post
What are the cons of a theft recovery vehicle?
So it was stolen then found? dont know how that depreciates a car by that much.
Very nice edition car though.
Not sure how it is in Canada but theft recovery may bring a salvaged title to the car here in the US. Not saying that's 100% of the time but it is a strong possibility which drops the value substantially and also increases the cost of insurance and/or the ease of getting insurance.

On the upside it's an Individual model which is a plus.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2012, 06:41 PM   #6
abbar
Private
abbar's Avatar
Canada
0
Rep
57
Posts

Drives: rx8
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Kitchener

iTrader: (0)

do these cars still have factory warranty?
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2012, 11:22 PM   #7
tropicatango
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
32
Posts

Drives: bmw e46 m3 zcp
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbar View Post
do these cars still have factory warranty?
i guess no
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2012, 05:09 PM   #8
Mr. ///M3 RD
Major General
Mr. ///M3 RD's Avatar
Canada
156
Rep
7,863
Posts

Drives: E350 & 280 SL on Weekends :)
Join Date: May 2010
Location: GTA, Ontario - Canada

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by abbar View Post
do these cars still have factory warranty?
One way to find out would be to call them or call your local BMW Dealer in Kitchener ... if no warranty perhaps they can provide extended warranty.

If I was looking for a car (and I am NOT) I would insist on a complete and full BMW inspection of this car.

Then again, since the car was stolen and recovered, one does never know how it was abused by the thief does one ... for that reason I would rather pay $5K more for a care (private or dealer) knowing it was serviced properly and not abused.

Bottom line I would not touch it.
__________________
Cheers, Rolf-Dieter

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2012, 09:37 PM   #9
JulieDriving
Female driving enthusiast :P
JulieDriving's Avatar
30
Rep
2,308
Posts

Drives: Bimmer
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolf-Dieter View Post
One way to find out would be to call them or call your local BMW Dealer in Kitchener ... if no warranty perhaps they can provide extended warranty.

If I was looking for a car (and I am NOT) I would insist on a complete and full BMW inspection of this car.

Then again, since the car was stolen and recovered, one does never know how it was abused by the thief does one ... for that reason I would rather pay $5K more for a care (private or dealer) knowing it was serviced properly and not abused.

Bottom line I would not touch it.
FYI,

The nearest BMW dealership is BMW Waterloo.

A BMW dealership would not offer extended warranty on a car purchased from a non-BMW dealership. The car also needs to be under warranty to avail yourself of an extended warranty.
__________________
2013 M3 coupe (Azurite Black, Black, Piano Black)
+ miata nut (2 miatas) + Mk6 GTI 5-door hatch (our mini-SUV )
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2012, 12:14 AM   #10
Mr. ///M3 RD
Major General
Mr. ///M3 RD's Avatar
Canada
156
Rep
7,863
Posts

Drives: E350 & 280 SL on Weekends :)
Join Date: May 2010
Location: GTA, Ontario - Canada

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieDriving View Post
FYI,

The nearest BMW dealership is BMW Waterloo.

A BMW dealership would not offer extended warranty on a car purchased from a non-BMW dealership. The car also needs to be under warranty to avail yourself of an extended warranty.
I know Julie you are correct about the Waterloo BMW dealership, I pass it twice a year when I go to Waterloo. However there is also one in in Kitchener (right off the 401) only I believe they only sell used BMW's I think I saw a BMW logo in front of that establishment (as you get off the 401) I need to check ito it the next time I am in that area.

I don't know about the stolen car and the warranty issue. Other then I tend to agree with you. Anyone interested in such a purchase would have to check all that out.

Thanks for the heads up
__________________
Cheers, Rolf-Dieter

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2012, 07:39 AM   #11
JulieDriving
Female driving enthusiast :P
JulieDriving's Avatar
30
Rep
2,308
Posts

Drives: Bimmer
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolf-Dieter View Post
I know Julie you are correct about the Waterloo BMW dealership, I pass it twice a year when I go to Waterloo. However there is also one in in Kitchener (right off the 401) only I believe they only sell used BMW's I think I saw a BMW logo in front of that establishment (as you get off the 401) I need to check ito it the next time I am in that area.

I don't know about the stolen car and the warranty issue. Other then I tend to agree with you. Anyone interested in such a purchase would have to check all that out.

Thanks for the heads up
Oh, just sharing some info I had, to complement your post , since I live in the area.
__________________
2013 M3 coupe (Azurite Black, Black, Piano Black)
+ miata nut (2 miatas) + Mk6 GTI 5-door hatch (our mini-SUV )
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:04 PM.




m3post
m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST